Help with system specs! Can I play/run...

lanayro
lanayro Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Support Desk
I'm buying a new laptop soon and was wondering if someone could tell me how Perfect World International Genesis would run on it with these specs:

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-390M Dual Core Processor (2.66 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)

Graphics card: 512MB Radeon(TM) HD 6470M DDR3 Graphics[HDMI, VGA]

Memory: 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Display: 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)

I'm pretty slow when it comes to stuff like this, so I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks it advance! b:pleased

(BTW, it doesn't have to run on max, just good enough so it isn't ugly. XD)
Post edited by lanayro on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Perfect World's been out for like...maybe 3 years? That and it's not known for having top-of-the-line graphics. Having said that, I'm certain you can run it fine. No way they'd develop a comp with windows 7 that can't play games as old as this one.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    uh anything new.. it'll run fine on lol Hell I built this Desktop in '01 and it runs it fine, Hell it runs Crysis on max settings. And your laptop has 2 more ram then my desktop. IT should run fineon max settings.... although you'll still lag in West Arch (just too many people in one place, that's not lag on your end, that's the servers trying to send so much data so fast). Also IF you lag in the TB city or the new EG city Tellus..... that's too much flashy junk in the city (i.e. the orange glowy spheres on the pillars in the TB city and junk like that). Turn Distance down in the first settings tab when your'e going to either place, it'll be fine. Btw turn it down all the way, or up all the way, if you leave it in the middle you'll get more of that foggy effect in the distance and sometimes it can be kinda glaring.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    so.. let's check this page:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

b:sweat
    Perfect World's been out for like...maybe 3 years? That and it's not known for having top-of-the-line graphics. Having said that, I'm certain you can run it fine. No way they'd develop a comp with windows 7 that can't play games as old as this one.

6 years.
  • lanayro
    lanayro Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys!
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Those specs should run PWI really well. Only west arch might still drag the FPS to single figures with full settings. There's always the performance switch at the top-left of the screen. You might have to do some tweaking to get it to run it properly on Windows 7 though.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You dot' need to use the "Best Performance" button in the top left over the HP bars. not unless your pc's REALLY old and u need to turn everything down in west arch (like on my older PC in the living room lol). First go in the settings. Go to the second tab. Turn PROXY distance bar to 0 (to the left). Now all you have to do in West arch is hit the MIDDLE of the little buttons over your HP bar. To hide players... lit up it's on and hiding, off it's not. At the same time hit the one to the left of it to hide player names (that one's backwards though, or one is.... the player names.... lit UP they're showing, turned off they're being hidden). Now if you're still lagging BAD in west arch while hiding everyone cept those on TOP of you like that, you might wanna just use Best Performance. However... keep in mind Best Performance doesn't always turn EVERYTHING back on when you click it again. If you use that you'll have to go in the 2nd settigns tab every time you turn it off to make sure customizations is still checked off, otherwise everyone'll look the same.
  • clanfoo
    clanfoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Would this desktop be able to run PWI?

3.2GHZ "Hyper-Threading" Pentium 4 (socket 775) Processor. So it runs like a dual-core.
    Has a 160GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD-RW drive (burn DVD's and CD's)
    640MB of RAM , 400Watt Power Supply
    256MB GeForce 7300 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    Has a fresh install of XP Pro w/SP3, Office'07, and Nero for burning discs.

Or option number 2?

LightScribe disc labeling ability
    AMD Athlon 64 3800 processor
    DVD / R / RW Drive
    1024MB Memory
    200GB Hard Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Graphics card
    OS is Microsoft XP Windows Media Center Edition 2005