Recommended Desktop For PWI?

clanfoo
clanfoo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello, I quit PWI about a year ago and im deciding to come back. I'm getting a job soon and i need a desktop that can run PWI (Mainly TW's and Mass PK) pretty much any desktop that can smoothly run PWI
Now im not a computer expert and i dont even know what im using right now, Just that this computer can barely run youtube. So if you could please go easy on me on your recomendations meaning i have no idea what a 3iXVZ duo Pro blah blah blah is. (Links to a site that holds that computer would be much appreciated) I would also really appreciate it if you added the price with your desktop recomendations

P.S. IM LOOKING FOR THE CHEAPEST DESKTOP THAT CAN RUN PWI SMOOTHLY IN LAGGY SITUATIONS. b:shy
Post edited by clanfoo on

Comments

• crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you want to play PWI smoothly at the highest resolution, I'd recommend these minimum specs that you need to look at if you will buy your computer from somewhere.

Operating System: Windows 7
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphic card: 1024 MB memory size, 256-bit memory interface

If you want to build your computer, there are more things that need to be considered to avoid the incompatibility issues.

Also, if you want to know your computer specs, you can run the DxDiag available on your computer.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • clanfoo
    edited August 2012
    So where could i find a computer with those specs? And how much would that be in your estimate?
  • clanfoo
    edited August 2012
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 04
    System Model: P7475A-ABA 511n
    BIOS: Version 3.07
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1300MHz
    Memory: 510MB RAM
    Page File: 549MB used, 697MB available

These are my specs, Im going to guess they are realllly crappy considering this is a dinosaur computer
  • maimia
    maimia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thats a really outdated box you got there
    average i7 processor machine ranges between $500 to $900 depending on whats in it
    mine's almost 3 yrs old now which is an i7 920 @ 2.67ghz that I got for $550
    you can check prices at http://www.pricewatch.com to get an idea on what you want and your budget
  • clanfoo
    edited August 2012
    I'm searching on craigslist and i found a couple cheap desktops but me not knowing anything about specs of a computer ill just list them and if anyone can tell me wether their able to run PWI even at lowest quality for TW and laggy stuff i would love you. (P.S. Im able to get windows 7 on any of these computers so dont relate to the windows edition)

1). LightScribe disc labeling ability
    AMD Athlon 64 3800 processor
    DVD / R / RW Drive
    1024MB Memory
    200GB Hard Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Graphics card
    OS is Microsoft XP Windows Media Center Edition 2005

2). 3.2GHZ "Hyper-Threading" Pentium 4 (socket 775) Processor. So it runs like a dual-core.
    Has a 160GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD-RW drive (burn DVD's and CD's)
    640MB of RAM , 400Watt Power Supply
    256MB GeForce 7300 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    Has a fresh install of XP Pro w/SP3, Office'07, and Nero for burning discs.

The 2nd one the guy listed that "It's fast, Period." Is it fast enough to hold PWI? :P

If your able to answer these questions again, ill love you. If not, No biggie but thanks for reading.