Comments

• Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Rex pls call your contacts at pwi HQ.
  • ralukka
    ralukka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    7 tws in a week is just way too much!!! waaaayyyy too much.. u guys should make first FACTIONS TO BA CAPABLE T O INV MORE PEOPLE. think logically... full 200 players/7 tws = 30 per fight... if all 200 can come to tw. THAT IS JUST IMPOSSIBLE!!!
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ralukka wrote: »
    7 tws in a week is just way too much!!! waaaayyyy too much.. u guys should make first FACTIONS TO BA CAPABLE T O INV MORE PEOPLE. think logically... full 200 players/7 tws = 30 per fight... if all 200 can come to tw. THAT IS JUST IMPOSSIBLE!!!

It's not 7 in a week. Its 7 at once, meaning you could have 7 friday evening, 7 saturday afternoon 7 saturday night and 7 sunday night. Or at least that is what that means of 7 at once, now they might need to clerify what the max defends a week is now too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • pietpompies
    pietpompies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, I honestly think the only x1 coin for low lvl DQ and the 10mil BIG note per TW bid is Absolutely REDICULOUS !!!!!!!
    TW cost and payout will now only equalise. So now it won't PAY to TW anymore.
    As faction leader on Momagannon server, I won't even bother to TW again with this STUPID decision made by PWI !!!
    Is pwi getting GREEDY ??????
    Now it will actually pay to play other ONLINE pay per play games and not only PWI.

You wanna lose members PWI ???

b:sadb:angryb:cryb:surrenderb:shocked
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PWI getting greedy?

Oh my. b:chuckle
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, I honestly think the only x1 coin for low lvl DQ and the 10mil BIG note per TW bid is Absolutely REDICULOUS !!!!!!!
    TW cost and payout will now only equalise. So now it won't PAY to TW anymore.
    As faction leader on Momagannon server, I won't even bother to TW again with this STUPID decision made by PWI !!!
    Is pwi getting GREEDY ??????
    Now it will actually pay to play other ONLINE pay per play games and not only PWI.

You wanna lose members PWI ???

b:sadb:angryb:cryb:surrenderb:shocked

it's not lol. 1 coin per dq at low levels is fine, the quests give more gold now. The tw system update is exactly what this game needed. This update once it's fixed is going to be great for the game.
  • smexdud
    smexdud Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When will PWI finally come to the conclusion.. THIS IS NOT THE CHINA SERVER!!!!

These changes even with the refund is utter drastic and going to DESTROY game play.
    I can see this being the COMPLETE down fall of PWI Internations. And they will just have to STAY in China and not worry about OUR income we bring.

7 Fights at ONCE.. Are you SERIOUS??!!?? Give me a BREAK..

I can't even put into words how DISAPPOINTED that I have been and CONTINUE to be in PWI for a VERY LONG TIME NOW.

:: Shakes Heads :: If these are put into place.. Watch how many people walk away from the game.. Apparetly we have NOT had enough walk away from the game from past changes...

How about allowing FACTIONS to MOVE to different servers.. How about ALLOWING more members in faction with these drastic changes. How about have TW Pay a LOT more out WIN OR LOSE so that people actually are GOING TO WANT TO TW!!

If the changes happen AS IS.. It will DESTROY TW and people wanting to do so..

I have LOST my faith in PWI!
  • teafreak
    teafreak Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lol 7 attacks in 1 day. most guilds cant even handle the 3 they get at the moment (apart from LC powerhouse) they seems to be holding up strong to the triple attacks. More unneeded changes? and to TW the only thing that is keeping the mayority of old players playing this game? GG pwi, GG.

agreed >.< half the time a faction has to skip one or even two TW in a single day in order to defend. now there's the possibility of 7?
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tbh, I have lost passion for this game.

I played for about 3 years (?) or so, and realized PWE doesn't care about my suggestions. I realized they aren't trying to make a really great game, they'd rather wave shiny things at us telling us to keep playing/grinding/spending. I spent little, compared to many. I believed selling gear in a cash shop was kind of not cool, but didn't mind at first because it didn't affect me much. As a level 98 veno (with a herc, but no rank gear) I often became frustrated with the ingame climate. I grinded a lot, trying to buy all the upgrades for my character... y'know, instance gear, skill books. But then I realized I was spending most of my time grinding... all I was attempting was to get more coin and experience. And I realized it wasn't all that fun.

I played a beta weekend for a game-we-will-not-name-cuz-PWE-will-likely-censor-it-or-some-other-dumb-thing. I have been following news posts and videos of this game for a while, since before I purchased the game. They're main focus is making a game people want to play... because that will get them not only great income but a good reputation. From what I've read they listen to player's ideas and consider them. There seems to be some cause-and-effect. PWE doesn't seem to change anything unless people are SCREAMING at them. I had hope time and time again that updates, patches, and expansions would fix the problems we had and improve the game, but it appears these were just shiny band-aids.

If you know me, don't worry, I'm not abandoning you. A few people know how to contact me and I don't mind helping my friends ingame and hanging out now and then. But as far as this game is concerned I am a casual semi-retired player, with little to no ambition of getting ahead. The "other" game looks like it has a lot of potential and played well in beta, so I will stick it out til the 25th and play that.
  • IPk_U_sin - Harshlands
    IPk_U_sin - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i used to play pwi more than 6 hrs per day. nowadays i barely play 30min per week.
    game was unbalaced with all of those r9's and now with news recasts is even worse. new fash set and morai quests wont make it funner. game turned bored when r9+12 archers and sins like me became kinda invencible in pve and pvp.

i dont think this new changues will make any difference. ppl who spent 30k $ will keep playing and those who ddintt spend anything keep quiting.

cheers
    IPk_U_sin b:shocked
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    that's cause kill/**** anyone close to you. hope you had your fun doing so though.
    but i certainly won't miss you..
    you could have had a challenge if you would have used your brains...
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you want to say 7 simultaneous attacks make it "competitive" then the faction member limit should be increased to at least 300 if not doubled to 400 because having to no show 4 or more TW's due to not having up to 560 members total in the TWs like the opponents are allowed.

That would be like the Yankees having to play 3 games at the same time. It's far from "competitive". Equal footing and a fair advantage is competitive, being forced to forfeit 4 or more lands due to restrictions is no where close to the definition of competitive.

If PW didn't already kill this game long ago I would reply with the "GG PW for ruining the game."
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calmincense
    calmincense Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Questions:

1. Is it still an actual bidding process? I don't see how making everyone bid the same amt, in the same increments can be called bidding. The sheer logic of a bid is to outbid your opponent by as little as possible so as to win the item/TW. Virtually, what we are doing NOW is buying a TW and not having any control over the outcome at all.

2. I am a little confused how you trigger the gank option. Can it also be triggered by 2 or 3 factions bidding on the SAME land or only if they bid on 2 or 3 different lands?
    If it's the former, then it's not bidding at all, it's more like buying a tw, and who would gain the land? so that's probably not the way it would work? lol just thinking with my fingers again b:chuckle

3. If it's still 'bidding' then why not allow increment bidding, so we can 'outbid' another bidder by a few thousand coin? I see a LOT of 'missing out on tw' due to ppl bidding the same amount by force.

4. If ganking is the goal, will there be the opportunity to also choose what day the atks will take place? seems logical for a gank

5. Is there a link that has MORE info on the towers, bidding process, refunding process and other info, that I'd like to have, prior to making a bid today?

6. The material states that you will be refunded 90% of your bid whethe you win your TW or not. So IF the bidding is actual bidding, and you lose the bid, do you still get the refund if you have NO TW? Now if the bidding is BUYING, then I see, you will definitely have TW, so that would make the actual TW a purchase, not a bid. So Im thinking that a 10 mil bid will get you a lower tier land, and it will be a random land that the faction you bid on owns, then a 20 mil bid will get you the next level and 30 the next....that's just how I am surmising it to be. If it's not this way, please explain how it will play out.

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to exploring the new content and learning about what is coming in the near future. I applaud your efforts to add content and layers of interest the game.

seeler
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We'd also love to hear what you think of these changes, and we'll forward all constructive feedback to the developers.

They want to hear about us so bad that they locked the thread.

My imput this is stupid add. PWI is going down hill and has offered us nothing us but to hurt tw. PWI has done nothing to help inprove the game play.

Becides PWI is a dead game less and less people play every day and with the release of *** they do this to us. Now no on is going to play or go to tw.

PWI why dont you wake up open your eyes and your killing your game.

AT THIS point i feel like with this update TW is dead as well and probally not attend TW cuz it will be completelly pointless.

WHY give people lands because they can gank 1 faction 7v1 this is stupid this is an outrage and PWI has no brains at this point

WAKE UP PWI LOOK AT WHAT YOUR DOING TO YOUR GAME

do you know how to read PWI has little to no say in what goes on its the Chinese sever... Stop blaming PWI team for everything
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i used to play pwi more than 6 hrs per day. nowadays i barely play 30min per week.
    game was unbalaced with all of those r9's and now with news recasts is even worse. new fash set and morai quests wont make it funner. game turned bored when r9+12 archers and sins like me became kinda invencible in pve and pvp.

i dont think this new changues will make any difference. ppl who spent 30k $ will keep playing and those who ddintt spend anything keep quiting.

cheers

really cause im a r8 archer +5 and i can kill r9 BMs archers and even a few noob sins along with some other classes learn to play your class and you wont have a problem
  • stephencox
    stephencox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    catering to the fkn rich ppl as usuall this TW update is bull****
  • Hegalen - Harshlands
    Hegalen - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sharnate wrote: »
    200 people in a faction, ganked by 7 factions. 200/7=28.57 people per TW providing every member of your faction is on. 28 people defending 1 land is pointless. congrats PWI on killing TW.
    There will be no point joining a large faction, that you have worked so hard to get into, because there will be no such thing anymore.

Isn't it better? :)
    I mean small factions having a chance for a land.
  • Garrgos - Heavens Tear
    Garrgos - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thats IF they can afford the cost since bidding went to using big notes instead of coin. this TW update stinks to high hell imo.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    really cause im a r8 archer +5 and i can kill r9 BMs archers and even a few noob sins along with some other classes learn to play your class and you wont have a problem

Your trolling has become boring and repetitive. You're a pretty funny guy but you're fail in the same way as Levii, Archers Soul or Lingzi. b:pleased
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the 7 way gank, and everything else looks promising.

There only seems to be 1 Big Problem - its not small faction friendly at all, Im afraid, as far as the TW updates go. And, its starting to shape up more like a 'coin sink' for large factions to maintain what they have.

I can understand that China might need a coin sink, but your other games really dont.

The only way that could possibly help is IF the other games economies are brought down to China's level, and a small faction really could amass so much coin.

Yeah, 7 way gank sounded good - but when you combine that with the major increase in bid amounts, and 14 million for towers (based on a faction having 7 battles at once), you just eliminated MOST small factions from the fun. Bummer...b:sad

I'm remaining hopeful there is more to come. Please dont disappoint me, thanks. b:thanks
  • Epipis - Momaganon
    Epipis - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to admit I just came out of TW and was a little bit overwhelmed. I have nothing against the new ruls in general, and the idea of making the towers stronger against thoose with R9 and stuff. But I wear R8 on my cleric and wouldn't say I'm low on HP and simply got 1shotted by a tower... Maybe they can be programmed to only make maximal 30% of max-HP damage or something because it's depressing to be a 1hit by a tower that isn't even the spawn tower. How are the smaller ones of our faction around lvl 80 suposed to even have a chance?
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Epic new content. Towers hit harder b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    New towers are the Jesus.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't mind the towers hitting harder or the increased crystal HP(even though my faction has already been regularly getting 2-3 hour wars for the past TW season)

What I feel was really unneeded was increasing the cost of building base defenses. It makes TW just a bit too expensive.
  • rubber08
    rubber08 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The update is so badly thought it's just depressing...

You make it possible for 1 faction to be attcked by 7 other factions(most of them smaller of course) but in the same time you increase the dmg output and HP of towers so it makes it imposible to small factions to even get pass the said towers;increase the minimum and maximum bid so that small factions cant actually keep up with the already financed map controling faction...increase the cost of Building towers ends up just killing the desire of small faction to even try and TW..
    Not to add the HP/MP charm **** the huge consumption of HP pots and defensive charms...
    Bergamote-R9 102 EA LostCity server
    page me if you think you can beat me b:laugh
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Didn't they remove the bid refund due to massive fake bidding? Aren't you essentially undoing what help to alleviate that? Also when we had refunds before, if you lost you did not get back the refund. This new change get it back win or lose? Better rethink that!
  • ray6699
    ray6699 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At first when I saw this I thought wtf you doing pwi. 7 ganks hmm 28.8 people per war is not do able you would have to increase the amount allowed in factions.
    Further thinking is no it opens the playing field for smaller factions to enjoy and perhaps also be able to hold some land for more then one week.
    There are many high lvl r9 people not in the *big factions* for a reason. The big factions that live only to own the map are usually drama infested factions that alot of people no longer care to be with.
    The big TW factions get a better then thou attitude when they are holding down alot of land and treat others like they are garbage ...you can see this kinda stuff after a tw on week-ends in world chat.
    You can see it when you apply to that guild .....its like wow only TT gold on, refines less then +10 wtf is perfect shards doing in their gear...no way not in my faction can they come.
    They own the map, treat others like ****, why would decent people who worked hard to get what ever gear they are wearing even if its r9 and they cash shopped it they worked somehow to pay for it, why would they want to ever be in a faction that treats others with such distaste.
    I am r9 been there done that, I saw many apply to the big faction with high hopes of getting in be denied for gear. It was so bad at one point I felt like screaming to the outside world come apply so we could deny.
    Yes bring on the 7 way ganks let the smaller factions have some fun and pride of owning some land on the map.
    This way many that want to TW wont leave the factions that helped them along the way to go to the bigger factions just cause they want to TW.
    You will now be able to stay in smaller faction that you really do love and people treat you decent and help and wear your name proudly and still TW.
    I also saw lots who were in big TW faction only there to have that name over their heads, but never showed up for TW except maybe 1 week-end a month so they could remain in the faction so they could brag hey look I am in ____ I am the best of the best!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to admit I just came out of TW and was a little bit overwhelmed. I have nothing against the new ruls in general, and the idea of making the towers stronger against thoose with R9 and stuff. But I wear R8 on my cleric and wouldn't say I'm low on HP and simply got 1shotted by a tower... Maybe they can be programmed to only make maximal 30% of max-HP damage or something because it's depressing to be a 1hit by a tower that isn't even the spawn tower. How are the smaller ones of our faction around lvl 80 suposed to even have a chance?

That's the point of the changes in defense towers. If you want to survive in TW, you now must invest large sum of money to get R9 equip with high refine.

Pay to Win!
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • calmincense
    calmincense Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Questions:

1. Is it still an actual bidding process? I don't see how making everyone bid the same amt, in the same increments can be called bidding. The sheer logic of a bid is to outbid your opponent by as little as possible so as to win the item/TW. Virtually, what we are doing NOW is buying a TW and not having any control over the outcome at all.

2. I am a little confused how you trigger the gank option. Can it also be triggered by 2 or 3 factions bidding on the SAME land or only if they bid on 2 or 3 different lands?
    If it's the former, then it's not bidding at all, it's more like buying a tw, and who would gain the land? so that's probably not the way it would work? lol just thinking with my fingers again b:chuckle

3. If it's still 'bidding' then why not allow increment bidding, so we can 'outbid' another bidder by a few thousand coin? I see a LOT of 'missing out on tw' due to ppl bidding the same amount by force.

4. If ganking is the goal, will there be the opportunity to also choose what day the atks will take place? seems logical for a gank

5. Is there a link that has MORE info on the towers, bidding process, refunding process and other info, that I'd like to have, prior to making a bid today?

6. The material states that you will be refunded 90% of your bid whethe you win your TW or not. So IF the bidding is actual bidding, and you lose the bid, do you still get the refund if you have NO TW? Now if the bidding is BUYING, then I see, you will definitely have TW, so that would make the actual TW a purchase, not a bid. So Im thinking that a 10 mil bid will get you a lower tier land, and it will be a random land that the faction you bid on owns, then a 20 mil bid will get you the next level and 30 the next....that's just how I am surmising it to be. If it's not this way, please explain how it will play out.

Thanks so much! I am looking forward to exploring the new content and learning about what is coming in the near future. I applaud your efforts to add content and layers of interest the game.

seeler

I didn't see any responses to these questions PW, please respond.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Questions:

The bidding process itself didn't change with this recent update -- the last time the bidding process changed dramatically was in 2010. What did change was the cost of bidding, along with the implementation of the new 90% refund system.

Also, not everyone has to bid the same amount, as you can bid from 1-99 10 Million Big Notes.

If by "gank option" you mean the ability for multiple factions to attack a single faction at the same time, then it's done by bidding on multiple different lands. Only one faction can win the right to battle for a single territory, so if multiple factions bid on the same one, only one of them will win the right to fight for it.

You can certainly outbid another faction, but it needs to be by at least one 10 million big note. You do need to keep in mind, however, that you'll be using up your one weekly bid to do so. What do you mean by people "bidding the same amount by force"?

It's a good question. In fact, TW scheduling has been this way since the very beginning of PWI. I would assume it was done to add an element of randomness to the whole thing, making it harder to team up against another faction, as well as harder to take the choice time-slots before anyone else. I'll investigate this further.

The original post of this thread has the most information about TW changes of anything we've released so far. You can definitely expect more guides to spring up now that the changes are live.

seeler

Whether your bid is high enough to earn the right to the TW or not, you will be refunded 90% of the amount that you bid. This refund, however, will not happen immediately but during the following maintenance period. We weren't able to send out the refunds for last week's bids during last night's maintenance, but we're working on it as we speak.

Also, when you bid, you're bidding on a territory, not on the faction itself, and the bid amount is up to you: From 1-99 "10 Million Big Note" regardless of the territory's tier.

seeler

Sure thing and thank you!