can only play for 5 mins

HEALERALL - Archosaur
HEALERALL - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Support Desk
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1wjdV4pAbTlsweddl5bJzHd

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I dloaded with firewall off. I have verified client 6 times. I have all my drives up to date. I have full access on my firewall (Att Internet Security Suite powered by Mcafee) to run the pwi. I have gamebooster but have ran it both on and off. i run pwi in admin mode.
Post edited by HEALERALL - Archosaur on

Comments

• _Lastdemon_ - Sanctuary
    _Lastdemon_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the exact same problem... can't figure out whats wrong
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Submit a ticket. I've been combing through reports on this from several people, and none of the regular troubleshooting is helping it. It's something specific on your system interfering with the client, otherwise the issue would be more widespread. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a common denominator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Lastdemon_ - Sanctuary
    _Lastdemon_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you find it , don't forget to post it ;)
  • HEALERALL - Archosaur
    HEALERALL - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    I'm still not finding anything out of the ordinary in your Speccy reports. I've heard of several others having this issue too, and I can't find anything that raises flags on their systems either.

Hopefully someone on the support team will figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oilpainting
    oilpainting Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the same problem. The game freezes after 15 minutes of play and gives a Software Error Report which I've submitted. Is it Windows 7 that's the problem? I played on Vista and Windows XP before and didn't have this problem.
    edited July 2012
    It appears to be happening more on 64-bit Win7 machines. I have had one person successfully fix it by completely uninstalling, removing all traces of the game, then installing using the torrent method.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resmerae
    resmerae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I get Disconnected a lot, and when i do get the chance to play without getting DC i get lag a lot, so i just end up quitting the game. Im about to download game booster and i was wondering if that'll get me banned? would it?
    edited July 2012
    resmerae wrote: »
    I get Disconnected a lot, and when i do get the chance to play without getting DC i get lag a lot, so i just end up quitting the game. Im about to download game booster and i was wondering if that'll get me banned? would it?
    No, GameBooster won't get you banned. It doesn't affect the client in any way. It just cleans up the processes on your system to free up resources for games.

As for your lag and DC'ing, It could be on your system, it could be on your home network, it could be somewhere on the internet between you and PWE.

Read here for more info. I won't post it here because this thread is not about DC'ing.
    In the future, start your own thread, or search the forum before posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lastimavelpt
    lastimavelpt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well im getting desperate, do you think that if i install windows vista i'll be sucessfull...?
    edited July 2012
    Not likely since Vista is the big black eye of Microsoft and most people avoid using it because of this.

If you're running Windows 7, don't downgrade just because this one game is having some strange issue with only a few systems.

The issue is most likely because of a driver or some process that's running. We just haven't narrowed it down yet.

A clean install of the OS fixes it.
    Completely removing every aspect of the client and performing a clean install from the torrent source fixes it sometimes.

There's a conflict somewhere, we just haven't figured it out yet.
    If more people that have the issue will submit tickets to support, and provide all possible information, then a fix will surely be found. It's how we found out about the problem with the Skype toolbar crashing the client.

Don't stop until you have checked every aspect that could be causing an issue.
    Run the client as Administrator.
    Exclude ALL of the client files from your security software. (This is done by excepting the client folder.)
    Un-install any 2rd-party video codecs you have installed on your system.
    Remove any network filters or game interface software. (Akamai and other similar software.)
    Un-install any toolbars on your system. (Skype, Yahoo, Bing, ect. Toolbarbs are just a waste of resources and are prone to infecting your system is crapware and viruses anyway.)
    Completely remove and re-install the game. Really completely, not just the uninstaller you would normally use.
    Verify the files a few times.
    Reboot often during each process.

There's a lot of troubleshooting tips that no one bothers to take. Take them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had the same problems(speccs) but its fixed now, idk how and why tho :S

(dont mind my SSD beeing 128C, the reading is wrong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • lastimavelpt
    lastimavelpt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any news on the issue..?
  • Goatstobbler - Sanctuary
    Goatstobbler - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the 5 min DC is spreading a friend of mine over here in new zealand has the same problem trying to play facebook games,so it isnt just affecting PWI
  • Goatstobbler - Sanctuary
    Goatstobbler - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the 5 min DC is spreading a friend of mine over here in new zealand has the same problem trying to play facebook games,so it isnt just affecting PWI

well i post a surrport ticket and after reading the reply i verified the game from the client loader X2 then added pwi to my firewall exception list verified the client loader X2 shut down computer waited 5 mins started it up again verified cleint from loader and touch wood i seem to be stable.

try doing the same and see if that works for you
  • HateTime - Lost City
    HateTime - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm having the same problem and I submit the error report everytime i get it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and verified countless times. At first got a few responses from the PWE support but now they went silent. I'm pretty close to just uninstalling permanently. Here is my specs. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/SGNgx1G53zG55NnaOShPldJ