Patch Notes Released

2»

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The problem is to fast leveling, and no coin to upgrade anything. We are going to see alot more people in bhs 69-89 in crappy gear, and now with no skills.

Dunno aobut DW, but we already had this on Sanc before. People at 60 still using the free timed armor or the level 30 rank stuff... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Dunno aobut DW, but we already had this on Sanc before. People at 60 still using the free timed armor or the level 30 rank stuff... b:shocked

And now those people wont even have the coin to learn their skills. b:surrender
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im not so confident, heres why:

- Increased Exp/Spirit rewards for Spiritual Cultivation quests up to Lv60.

No extra coins there. Just xp/spirit.

- Low Level "Starter" quests for Humans, Untamed and Winged Elves increased in Exp & Coins.

This is for the 3 "original" races, to bring them in line with the 2 newest. I'm not sure there were enough in rewards when i made my seeker to learn her skills and upgrade her gears even with the dq coin. Im almost sure i had to funnel her coin from my main to keep up with leveling.

The problem is to fast leveling, and no coin to upgrade anything. We are going to see alot more people in bhs 69-89 in crappy gear, and now with no skills.

That is of course if many new players stick around to those lvls. Honestly the only ones this will benefit are players running up alts to 100. Which is pointless because current players will just run in frost anyway. Think this was a very bad call but of course it helps to add to the lvl fast and charge charge charge mentality.

Idk, it just seems to me like pwi is taking up the welcome mat for new players by doing this. Things should be easier to do at low levels, until they get the hang of playing, (and hence get suxed into the game, becoming a full time costumer).
    As the older population slowly fades away for whatever RL issues take them away, there will be noone left to play... new customers are a good thing, you would assume they would be welcomed, not hit in the head with the proverbial welcome mat.

Been thinking the same thing with each update over the past year. Like they are trying to run off new players and only cater to the 100+ cash crowd. It's Not just limited to updates but also in wording used by the CM in the news posts and other places. Gives you the impression they look down upon the new or lower leveled players.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The reason for making low lvl DQ worthless is to counter bots. But we don't have the same problem with bots as PW-CN do, so hopefully they will do something about it here. Similar to the last "coin nerf" when they introduced DQ rewards :o
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited August 2012
    The reason for making low lvl DQ worthless is to counter bots. But we don't have the same problem with bots as PW-CN do, so hopefully they will do something about it here. Similar to the last "coin nerf" when they introduced DQ rewards :o

Why would they add another system that halfway works some of the time and will rarely ever be updated when we the lovely DQ rewards now?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hahahaha, apparently you can now directly click on the names in dukes red announcements and whisper the people. Wonder what PWE wants to tell us with that. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited August 2012
    Hahahaha, apparently you can now directly click on the names in dukes red announcements and whisper the people. Wonder what PWE wants to tell us with that. b:laugh

If it ported you directly to the person that would be a decent feature. New mug a pack ho skill.
    edited August 2012
    Someone just said sins are listed on the ranking boards as a$$ now
    edited August 2012
    Like how the new "realm" is just warsong with a exp aid system worse then the one in Forsaken world.
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Someone just said sins are listed on the ranking boards as a$$ now

Now the name fits the class b:laugh
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012

The reason our version added this even though we don't have a bot problem is simple. They want low lvl's who start the game to buy zhen and sell gold for coin making it hard for them to play free till a higher lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can I rage now? 1 coin for lower DQ drops SUCKS!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Rage about that? Did you use to farm dq's 20s ?b:chuckle

Don't worry about that, the low level DQ's have a better use than npcing them for coins. Those Dq's can be sold to other people to get more banking space. I doubt this will change the market price of those DQ's.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The smaller lowlevel-DQ price is probably countered by the higher coin rewards on low level quests. Considering how quickly they push you through those levels these days I doubt it will be a big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The smaller lowlevel-DQ price is probably countered by the higher coin rewards on low level quests. Considering how quickly they push you through those levels these days I doubt it will be a big deal.

Or they could use them for... Dragon Quests? *gasp from the audience*

Copper Dragon Orders should still sell for a fair amount of coins, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Hmm except quests are limited so how does it even out again?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmm except quests are limited so how does it even out again?

because by the time you do them, you are past the level that the low level DQs drop at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    because by the time you do them, you are past the level that the low level DQs drop at?

What if you want to max your skills (And thus dumping exp into the genie'?)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • reiklingraider
    reiklingraider Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I could see lowering the price of the low level dqs but nerfing them to 1 coin is just plain silly imho.
  • shyloann
    shyloann Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see easyer leveling .. its just crazy slow once you hit lvl 59.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    shyloann wrote: »
    I would like to see easyer leveling .. its just crazy slow once you hit lvl 59.

Not really, the real slowdown is when you start to run out of quests to do at around lv70-ish. Then you notice another big slowdown once you hit 101 when the exp needed for leveling up gets way higher.
  • akumajinyusuke
    akumajinyusuke Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    just curious.
    I need a movie or screen shoot.
    Monster form of Sir Cuddles Worth.(not a pet)
    please help me