Duke Blacke is Inciting harassment!

F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Did you log in yet? Have you seen it?

Duke Blacke is now announcing everything you pull from the stupid heroic chests, and to make matters worse, people can now click your name and pm you.

Pull an untradeable giant bunny? Get harrassed.

Pull a White mane mantle that everyone has? Harrassed

Pull a stupid Justin Beiber fashion? Harassed.

Please turn off the Duke Blacke. This was NEVER funny. EVER.
If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
Post edited by F_M_Joshua - Archosaur on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Please turn off the Duke Blacke. This was NEVER funny. EVER. .
    +1 It is really annoying, Puke announces even every nirvana gear people make, I`m sure also r8,9 ****, every single item from chests except for regular tokens. b:angry
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It is harassment when we got a item, we got 100 pm of people who ask to buy, where we got it, how we got it, how much we sell it, people saying GZ that we don't even know, it's really annoying, if i want people to know i got a Garnet i'll just WC, i don't need to Duke to mess my chat and incite 100 persons to pm me random stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    To all posters of Below, let us start this petition.

I the hereby undersigned/posted will not put money on this game until the NPC algorythm known as DUKE BLACKE is disabled.

The algorythm is inciting people to harass me and my fellow players and will not stop. As such, I will not put money on the game to buy packs, fashions, or anything else until he stops so that I may enjoy my game in piece.

SIGNED BY POSTING BELOW
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    Signed
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This almost makes me want to spend $1000 on packs just to open them to spam world chat with ****.

Almost

as in not in a million years but it's still funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To all posters of Below, let us start this petition.

Should have made it a poll, but oh well. Signed.

Can't stand the guy, he's just a useless waste of data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    add duke black plus return of the horns and the game is no longer fun...enough is enough and too much is nasty off to search for something worth while to play!b:byeb:bye
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Our intention was certainly not to make Duke Blacke even more vocal then he already was. We'll look into this asap.

Thanks for the report.
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Frankie! don't you touch my duke!
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Let it be known that Duke Blacke is free to be fed to the wraiths at the next archosaur assault b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I voted the last option just for trolling purposes b:bye
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just turn him off. Please.

If the old spam was annoying (demon/sage cards anyone?)... the new one is downright ridiculous. If at least he wasn't bleeding through every channel because he's part of the system chat, that'd be an improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Our intention was certainly not to make Duke Blacke even more vocal then he already was. We'll look into this asap.

Thanks for the report.

I didn't even think it was possible to make him more annoying, but I guess you proved me wrong.
    /signed
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I didn't even think it was possible to make him more annoying, but I guess you proved me wrong.

this +1
    b:bye
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just mute him permanently.
    The red announcements from him become really spamish now.

I'm tired of seeing "Let it be known blah blah blah" spams from him....
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I havent been in game but wow this sound rediculous b:chuckle and funy at the same time. I do not have any of the hiroic chest nor do I cs often for to open packs. but just seeing the red writings is harrasment to all of us i think.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still have about 1000 heroic chests I haven't got round to opening. Not going to either until they fix this, spamming my faction and friends isn't really funny.

The Duke got a bit old ever since he started announcing anything other than venomancer pets. He doesn't annouce anything worth while, like server firsts to complete difficult instances or farming time consuming items like the OHT helm. Just rubbish from packs. Should have been deleted permanently years ago.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i think its quite entertaining ;o something we havnt had in a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still have about 1000 heroic chests I haven't got round to opening. Not going to either until they fix this, spamming my faction and friends isn't really funny.

I'm waiting for you to start opening the chests because I want to see how many bunnies you get b:laugh It's funny because it's so ridiculously excessive XD Next thing we know Duke will have a screaming fit when we pick up coins XD
    Let it be known that Reliea has recently acquired 421 coins! Yay me b:victory

I wish Bunnies were tradeable, because I'm pretty sure that everyone on Sanct would have one by now because people would just be giving them away! b:chuckle

Seriously though D: All this red-spam seriously hinders the functioning of the chatbox. Sure fine if we HAVE to keep Duke yelling, make it an option to turn off Dukespam in party/guild chat.
    But this is also why if for some ungodly reason I'm stupid enough to buy packs with the hopes of getting something besides tokens, I usually open them on an alt, because I -DON'T- want people knowing what I'm getting because I don't want to risk being harassed.

The only reason Duke yells is to try to convince us suckers that we might get the same things too, and to buy more packs.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited August 2012
    I would find the Duke funny if he spammed the chats telling us everything everyone ever picked up... and i mean anything, including if they dropped it and then picked it up. You'd see random coins, people picking up sadness cards, Sacks, Wood, and any other fallick symbols you can think of.

But honestly..... Frankie, nothing has been done yet. Get them to give us the option to turn off the red text. I'm gonna start spamming the gm button until it's fixed.b:chuckle
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the wraiths have attacked archosaur how many times now and lost? I say we, as in all 5 races, band together and storm the city of archosaur! HANG THE DUKE! BREAK OUT THE GALLOWS!!!

lol

if that don't work, we should form an alliance with the wraiths. with our combined strength, archosaur will fall like a wingless bird!
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I logged in for the first time in a few months...

saw that Duke Blacke was on his period again...

logged back off.

For the sake of those who still actively play, fix it plox. <3
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't you think your poll is setting up a false dichotomy? Players either must love him or hate him (in various flavors)? Why is there no "I don't care either way" option? If you don't want the opinions of those in the neutral to count, does that mean the point of this post is to preach to the choir?

Anyways, I've gone ahead and looked into this issue, and Duke will be back to his quieter self in the next patch. I'm aware that he's not a liked phenomenon, but for very tangible reasons I'm not allowed to remove him altogether. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    Don't you think your poll is setting up a false dichotomy? Players either must love him or hate him (in various flavors)? Why is there no "I don't care either way" option? If you don't want the opinions of those in the neutral to count, does that mean the point of this post is to preach to the choir?

Anyways, I've gone ahead and looked into this issue, and Duke will be back to his quieter self in the next patch. I'm aware that he's not a liked phenomenon, but for very tangible reasons I'm not allowed to remove him altogether. b:cry

At least you give us hope a bit of hope for peace and quiet soon lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Voted for them all because this thread is stupid because geno already stated that duke should be normal so they're most likely going to look into it and have a fix within the next 6 months.

Got ninja'd, took me 4+ minutes to look for that post? I'm lazy.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nexttttttttt patch?????? oooooooooooo eeeeemmmmmm ggggggeeeeeeeee

b:surrender
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PLS DO SOMETHING ABOUT TH RED FKING SPAM, AND DO IT THIS YEAR PLS !

** sake, fix something for once -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PLS DO SOMETHING ABOUT TH RED FKING SPAM, AND DO IT THIS YEAR PLS !

** sake, fix something for once -.-
    genotypist wrote: »

. . . .

And they fix things all the time... Just last maintenance they fixed the typo of my newly nerfed Wingspan skill to state the correct amount of Chi given. >_>
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver
    Ms_BooBooFix - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i wish real life was like that you win the mega lotto and your picture and phone nr gone be on every tv channel known to man b:pleased
  • zalyehin84
    zalyehin84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Duke is taking over faction chat and everything that is all we see anymore Duke Duke Duke please fix this it is annoying. I can't take it anymoreb:angryb:angryb:angryb:cry