Why are the servers still down with no update?

Options
Usually if something like this happens, frankie or some other GM would let us know that they are having trouble and give some form of ETA.

Currently, this is not the case. The servers should have been back online hours ago, and while they've responded, it's buried somewhere and not readily available for those looking for it..

Even worse, every thread I can find that might be discussing it, (as this one is), has been locked with no explanation post from a mod. (Which basically means there's a rogue Mod going around closing threads and not saying anything, which is beyond rude.)

All we, the players want, is some kind of news. You don't have to tell us what's wrong, or why it's broken, and make the news easy to find. (Like a sticky, or editing frankieraye's first post in the Maintenance thread.)

Here's what I could find....
genotypist wrote: »
Hi everyone,

during our maintenance, we discovered a potentially-major problem with 3 of our server shards. We're calling in additional help to fix this issue, and please be assured that we're working as fast as possible to rectify this issue.

Cheers,
Genotype
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SylenThunder - Twilight Temple on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks Sylen. b:thanks I just came here and couldn't find anything buried in the usual "QQ servers YU NO UP?!" lol

*drinks tea and waits for the team to fix whatevers wrong*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This happened last time & we got x 2 weekend as a 'bonus'

Took forever to get a responce but we got one eventually

How can Frankie be here if he is trying to get answers himself?

No point posting if he don't know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:angry me angry b:angry me angry b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Usually if something like this happens, frankie or some other GM would let us know that they are having trouble and give some form of ETA.

Currently, this is not the case. The servers should have been back online hours ago, and while they've responded, it's buried somewhere and not readily available for those looking for it..

Even worse, every thread I can find that might be discussing it, (as this one is), has been locked with no explanation post from a mod. (Which basically means there's a rogue Mod going around closing threads and not saying anything, which is beyond rude.)

All we, the players want, is some kind of news. You don't have to tell us what's wrong, or why it's broken, and make the news easy to find. (Like a sticky, or editing frankieraye's first post in the Maintenance thread.)

Here's what I could find....

The reason this happens is because those threads have been made in a disorganized manner. Yours will stay open. b:cute
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It is what it is.

The mods always lock any the stuff related to the servers not being up. I agree it would be nice if the devs got back to us, this is going on a bit too long. Unfortunately, Geno's post is all the information we have on this problem right now.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Obviously the update is buggy and they don't want it to go live.

Which brings up the debate about why they rushed this. Mebbe its cuz other gamez coming soon.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Termite - Harshlands
    Termite - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    The reason this happens is because those threads have been made in a disorganized manner. Yours will stay open. b:cute

I don't fully understand what this means. b:surrender
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They are probably sleeping at this hour. Hard to blame them.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They are probably sleeping at this hour. Hard to blame them.

I was sleeping, till I saw this mess b:chuckle.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    what to dooo. b:sleep
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    what to dooo. b:sleep

Play minecraft,build a map just like PWI,and play there b:laugh
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    everyone needs to relax a bit.
    Go for a jog, intake some carbs, have a shower, flip on the TV then come back,
    If servers arent up by then, #panic.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • crushed23
    crushed23 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I dont know what to do !! all I ever do is wake up and play and masterba - ... not needed to say buuttt yeah; spend money on PWI - play - Game hardcore ; PWI <3
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    everyone needs to relax a bit.
    Go for a jog, intake some carbs, have a shower, flip on the TV then come back,
    If servers arent up by then, #panic.

Carbs make you fat.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Perhaps the GMs are busy with the matter and can not come online to address this any further than what they've done thus far. Still, if that was the case, they could at least relay a message to the mods to reduce the QQspread (or make a new sticky addressing it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Daddytony - Sanctuary
    Daddytony - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    LOL, figures this happens when its rainy outide and my construction career is at a halt for a day. Maybe I'll click around and find a different game... joking. Maybe i'll clean my garage. Oh and HI PWI!!!
  • Mooooofin - Heavens Tear
    Mooooofin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The least they could do is let us know how long. Fail GM's.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I was sleeping, till I saw this mess b:chuckle.

What this means to us: The communitys messy posting was so bad/loud it woke up Krisnda, we should feel bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's a possibility that there is a limited number of staff working on the issue right now, and an update will be posted as soon as they can, or as soon as Frankie will arrive at the office. Regardless, I will look into it as soon as I can.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's a possibility that there is a limited number of staff working on the issue right now, and an update will be posted as soon as they can, or as soon as Frankie will arrive at the office. Regardless, I will look into it as soon as I can.

Thankyou Shelly b:kiss
  • Mooooofin - Heavens Tear
    Mooooofin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dislike.
  • jmkvan220
    jmkvan220 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ....................................... shoot me with your Trollshooter
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Servers are open. Please come on in and enjoy the new content.

Enjoy!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    *Rage Quits* -until severs come back !
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

They should pay him more, if he can't afford a phone to be reached at with an issue with as much potential revenue loss as 5+ hours of downtime will cost, or a computer at home to post an update from.

b:chuckle

Srsly though, ty for the update. Know mods aren't kept as 'in the loop' as a full GM, but much appreciated you looking into it.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thank you very much for the good news Shelly :3

*logs on*
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm really enjoying the new classes that have no new skills!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear
    DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    right now this is what ya get when you try to log in, but with exit and start again it gives no update.
    20pqan6.jpg

mm now it updates well said nothing
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    right now this is what ya get when you try to log in, but with exit and start again it gives no update.
    20pqan6.jpg

Had the same issue just grab the manual patch and use that one, that it fixed it for me
  • AussieVixen - Sanctuary
    AussieVixen - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Enjoy!

I Would love to be enjoying the new content but the updater patcher thing just keeps erroring manual one just says file corrupt ... how does one enjoy the new content when the equipment provided for updating doesnt work ... is there a full install of this yet ( like you would need to do for a new player or on new pc )