Unknown problem D: playing pwi!!! HELP ._. please?

_CarameL_ - Lost City
_CarameL_ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Support Desk
Ok :/ soo... I'm not sure where to start ^^'' -> this is my first time :o to post something on the forum (and i'm quite nervous :( )

Oh well, I've been having a problem that happens everytime ._. i'm playing pwi :/ (i think it started to happen when descent came out -> not sure), but, :s I don't know why (I just can't seem to understand why this is happening to me :s)!
This exact problem happens everytime I try to mediate with my character... When I mediate it shows green spots (or blobs) everywhere -> but :o just in the mediate sphere, ok? Oh :/ if you want to see what those spots look like :o press the link:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/print10k.jpg/

Also I tried the site ''Can you run it'' (correct me if the name I wrote is wrong) : o and it said that I could run almost everything -.-' except the shadows[/COLOR] (i was like ''is that it?! -.-'''')... So i took off the shadows and those green spots are still there :s(so the problem aren't the shadows u.u -sigh-)!
So ._. I don't know what to do anymore >.> since this is the first time : o i'm having this precise problem. My thoughts about this :o is that i need a new graphic card... Am I right? I could run the game in a perfect way D: before all this expansion came out (genesis and most probably descent -> because : o i remember playing normally with genesis >.< no problems at all) ! Those green spots seem to replace the other lights... Oh D: and when I decreased the quality of the graphics (of the game) :o my mouse couldn't stop moving and blinking like crazy!What should I do? I came here and wrote this D: with the hope that someone could help me...

Bye guys!
Have a nice day (: all of you!
Oh \>.</ thanks for coming here ^o^ and answering my question!

Ps: By the way ._.'' When I logged in and went to Archosaur :o my pc froze several times and stopped answering at some time after that (it didn't happen before)..
Sorry for the big text and D: my ''engrish'' ^^'
I did my best writting the message for all of you >.<
Of course :o i have directx (correct me if the name I wrote is wrong) installed
Post edited by _CarameL_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, I can't log into the game right now, but there is one dreadful setting called Soften, I think that one is the cause of that, a better vid card would be a good idea, but you would still be able to play with no issues if you removed that setting on the U (Settings window, when you are already logged in), and if it is not that, poke around with the check marks, I am almost 100% sure that if it is not Soften it is one of the options on that same area.

Good luck and let me know if it worked.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Font is not the problem nor size, kill the white. I got a instant headache clicking on this link
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • _CarameL_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Answer to Salari:

I'm sorry for that Salari :/ that was not my intention at all >.<
    I just wanted to make this a easier post to read,... I hope you can come back (: and read everything ^^' with not problems at all! Feel free to make more suggestions ; ) to make me learn to make better posts on the forum ^^/
    After all :D you guys help me >.< in so many aspects!
  • _CarameL_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Answer to Ruibek:

Ruibek thank you so much for answering (: that was very nice of you! You see ^^' I'm really worried about this and to know :o that you guys go out of your way >.< to help me ;D thats what makes me happy. I will try to follow what you said :) and of course ^-^ i will tell you the results!
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Meh, nothing to worry about, we the forum people are mean heartless to the mean, heartless and ill intentioned people, we are a bit rough and mean, but almost everyone here is kind hearted.

Also, it is just general knowledge that we get after being here for years xD My account might be new, but I have been a cat shop for a long time before I decided to actually play the game.

(I still have a fail lvl 8ish cleric somewhere)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    I was not trying to be mean, but i did sound that way i guess. The problem is probably from the last update. From your picture that usualy comes from undergeared video cards/cpu's/mem or a combination of all. Most min req specs on games is just meaning the game will run. Not meaning it will run well. What video card cpu and amount of memory do you have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _CarameL_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Answer to Salari:

I don't think (: you sounded mean at all! ^-^ I'm rather happy that you came back to help me with my problem. So here is the information that you wanted to know, ok?

My video card: Intel (R) G33 / G31 Express Chipset Family

About my memory...Umm... XD I hope you understand this >.< because I was looking for the system information and I didn't know what to pick (also I translated -> because i'm portuguese >.< soo i'm not sure if the words are written right ^^')... So here you go:

Total Physical Memory: 2.036,56 MB

Available Physical Memory: 1,18 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 4.19 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 3,11 GB

Is that what you wanted to know? >.< I am kinda newbie and :/ sometimes I don't know how to deal with these kind of problems... Thats why i'm here seeking for your advices and ;) also to learn from all of you.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My video card: Intel (R) G33 / G31 Express Chipset Family

There's your problem.

Oh my. Yes, if you search your chipset you'll find out that it's not really set up for the
    3d environment. My guess is that you're running on a Dell, and it's fine, nothing to worry about, but if you want to reduce the problems with your comptuer. Here's what you want to do.

Save up about 600 bucks. Hit tiger direct and buy a barebones kit. Get an Operating system, and install it. Take your old computer and recycle it, and enjoy your new machine.

You're running 2 gigs of ram, with 4 gigs of virtual memory, that means your HDD is going to burn out twice as fast as it normally would. It is never suggested that you run twice the amount of Virtual memory. It does serious damage to your HDD when you do.

I wish you good luck in your endevours.

-- Joshua
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    congratulations you made my eyes bleed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    congratulations you made my eyes bleed.

Congratulations, you made an useless post.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

You're running 2 gigs of ram, with 4 gigs of virtual memory, that means your HDD is going to burn out twice as fast as it normally would. It is never suggested that you run twice the amount of Virtual memory. It does serious damage to your HDD when you do.

That has got to be the most flawed advice I have ever seen. Windows creates virtual memory no matter how much real memory you have. And lol serious damage because of a page fileb:chuckle burn out twice as fast as well b:chuckle.

_CarameL_

Get your model number of your computer and take that to a computer shop or better yet take your computer to a shop so they can see what kind of video card you can use. If that is not possible maybe someone you know has some experience with computer hardware. They can figure out what type of video card you can use, then order one online. You do not need to spend alot of money on a new card to play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    There are 2 options, V-Sync and Warp.

Turn those off. That should fix it, idk what everyone else is talking about.

Now if that doesn't work, then it's another problem.
  • _CarameL_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Answering you guys:

Answer to Joshua:

Oh my! : o What can I say? Thank you very much ^^ for answering me ;) Joshua.
    I will take note of what you said and think about that. (:

Answer to _Nerox_:

Umm... How are you doing? ^^'
    Did I made your eyes bleed?! o.o That was not my intention at all >.< so.. I'm sorry for that (didn't mean to trouble or bother you :s). But :/ could you be more specific ^-^ please? If its something related to my post or the text I wrote (: feel free to tell me, ok? So :o I can do better ;D next time.

Answer to Krisnda:

Thank you very much Krisnda. ;)
    That will be very useful as well.^o^/

Answer to Salari:

Thank you again. (: for always coming here to give me new options and advices. I really appreciate what you are doing (sharing your knowledge with me).

Answer to Krisnda:

Sorry ToT !! I'm going to make sure D: that I will follow the rules >.< from now on, ok? Again :/ i'm really sorry...

Answer to all of you:

Everyone ^o^/ I hope you are doing well... Today, I came here to tell one more time that I really am grateful for what you all did here ;D... Not only you guys gave me great advices and answers, but you've cheered me on to don't give up. Soo... Um... Even thought I said ''don't give up'', I think this is the time where I have to stop all of this. I don't think that i'm going to solve this so ^^'... Of course its not your fault you guys were great! But sometimes there's nothing we can do (reality lol).
    Anyway... I promised that I was going to show Ruibek and others the results so thats what i'm going to do, ok? I have some images that you can see:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/printpwi01.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/printpwi02.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/printpwi03.jpg/

Bye bye (:
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Also, don't make separate posts, you can edit your original post/write all that you need to write in one post. That's really concerted against the rules.

Edit: I merged all of your posts :3
  • Untamed_Pav - Harshlands
    Untamed_Pav - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    There are 2 options, V-Sync and Warp.

Turn those off. That should fix it, idk what everyone else is talking about.

Now if that doesn't work, then it's another problem.

V sync is the problem, upgraded computers 3 times since playing this game, everytime have to uncheck v-sync