[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 8-7-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Shawnita - Dreamweaver
    Shawnita - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guess a song nerds. No using Google. I'm bored.

"Treat me like ya Chevy, you can show me off
    You can let my top back any time you want it
    Baby, come and shine me, hit the gas slow
    Crank up my ignition, take me for a roll" b:cool
  • PhatTeddy - Dreamweaver
    PhatTeddy - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe all this maintence will help with the mass Lagging I've seen over the past couple of weeks. b:pleased
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lol i'm sure F2P is much more profitable than a P2P game
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • funnyguy111
    funnyguy111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Last notice given was nine minutes after dropping the servers. I could be wrong but it seems as though they probably already knew about said shard problem and knew it would take hours to bring the servers back online. If that was the case wouldn't it be smarter to keep the servers online until they had the required material to fix said issue, then have a belated maintenance for the normal two hour time-period?

no cause the code they have for the game became corrupted and they have to find it and re do it test it and see if it fixes the problem
  • Mufussa - Raging Tide
    Mufussa - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ok,,,,the servers arent coming back up any time soon as it would seem , so lets be constructive and talk shop.

Game **** : Glitches : TM69, that needs to be fixed ! .. Bloodbattle on tideborn quest( when you enter instance solo), that needs to be fixed. idk of any others

Why the game is failing * my opinion * Selling of FC heads and the down falls.

Selling of FC heads has put an uneconmical downturn in lots of areas, ppl power lvl to lvl 80+ or more ? while this maybe suitable for ppl with multi toons who don't want to quest, its not suitable for new players. Why ? cause they dont learn the game, they don't know what to do in BH's or TT or FC or anything that requires a group effort.

PPL who constantly power level take so much away from the game , has anyone noticed the lack of ...idk lower level gears in AH for say ?.... no one runs BH29/39/51, ppl who run BH59 run in RI gears and then wonder why they die, or the cleric who RB's on FC heads, or the level 85 barb who dies 3 x on Zimo cause he/she is in lvl 50 gears with TT60 weapon and hasnt leveled skills and cant keep agro from a lvl 70 sin!....Sins,,going to FC @ lvl 90 in R4 chest plate cause " its interval mate " but wonders why the die..

The lack of lower level gears in AH is for 2 reasons, ppl have got the gears and aren't playing, but since the introduction of the EG patch last year the selling of FC heads has greatly contributed to the lack of lower lvl gears due to the fact lower level BH's are not run as they were.

Most of us who have multi toons appreciate the effort that u need to go through to make a lvl 100 + character,and dont do BH's till in most cases as FC 90 +, but should this game mechanic of power leveling continue the game platform itself will be lost altogeather, sooner then later.

It's up to the power of the people playing this game to make it what is was, not keep it going how it is !

My 2c worth.
  • DemiPariah - Sanctuary
    DemiPariah - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LOL I personally am aware of this...but like i also said before, i am trying to stay awake for a dr appointment in a few hours and watching tv, reading online, blah blah blah will make me sleepier and as the other person in my household is still asleep i cant do anything that would be sleep-interruptive for her...THEREFORE that leaves pretty much playing the game.

TWO, it takes over 5 hours to write SQL for something they really SHOULD have tested BEFORE releasing it to us? come on i dont believe that at all...

they probably have to re-write due to the first try a FAIL lols so they probably have a whole dev team rewriting the patches right now cause it messed up the MF server lol
  • Mytaz - Heavens Tear
    Mytaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Scotty is the Ships Engineer on the Original Star Trek , he does Maintenance work.b:laugh
    b:thanksb:coolb:faintb:bye
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Scotty is the Ships Engineer on the Original Star Trek , he does Maintenance work.b:laugh

So a Picard's facepalm is in order here?
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how about some 2x time for compensation? -hides-
  • dantello
    dantello Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    they probably have to re-write due to the first try a FAIL lols so they probably have a whole dev team rewriting the patches right now cause it messed up the MF server lol

or all those newbs are sleepin right naw : \ and dont care about the game b:shocked
  • Mytaz - Heavens Tear
    Mytaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So a Picard's facepalm is in order here?

Yep lol b:laugh
    b:thanksb:coolb:faintb:bye
  • SSBrolly - Heavens Tear
    SSBrolly - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2012

dammit Jim I'm an Engineer not an IT guy b:laugh
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Birth

"What Do I do?"

"Nothing, you're not qualified." :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHdF1eHhgc
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • imtired2
    imtired2 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:angryb:angryb:angrybring the servers back up fast this is so boringb:sadb:embarrass
  • _Shaleena_ - Dreamweaver
    _Shaleena_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AGAIN why they should test it before AND/OR keep us updated on extended maint downtimes like this
  • HealerMo - Heavens Tear
    HealerMo - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012

b:victoryb:victoryYou really know your classics!! Love them!

b:question Why not all download and watch Star Trek while we wait???

b:kiss Mo
    Live every day as if it was your last and final day and start with a smile! b:pleased
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is what the GM's will say about the time that it's taking. b:avoid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fusionarray
    fusionarray Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe the Servers just needed a long awaited nap, come on.... What if someone poked you for 356 days 24 hours straight and an extra day on leap year... Would be like someone saying "dance for me Monkey" everytime you wanted to rest your eyes. I guess maybe we should let the server take a nap? Your all a bunch of meanies acting like you don't care about it's feelings b:cryb:cry....................
  • Moriquendi - Dreamweaver
    Moriquendi - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Farewell sweet earth and northern sky,
    for ever blest, since here did lie
    and here with lissom limbs did run
    beneath the Moon, beneath the Sun,
    more fair than mortal tongue can tell.
    Though all to ruin fell the world
    and were dissolved and backward hurled
    unmade into the old abyss,
    yet were it's making good, for this-
    the dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea-
    that PWI for a time should be.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Oh, its not that I dont know who he is[url=url=http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1719-1318684308.png],[/url] rather I was curious about the legitimacy of your explanation~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • imtired2
    imtired2 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    they should atlest give us some infos hereb:avoid
  • SSBrolly - Heavens Tear
    SSBrolly - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:victoryb:victoryYou really know your classics!! Love them!

b:question Why not all download and watch Star Trek while we wait???

b:kiss Mo

cause I seen em all already >.>
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How i imagine all of us when we finally log in b:cool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • DemiPariah - Sanctuary
    DemiPariah - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How i imagine all of us when we finally log in b:cool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o

haha amen bro
  • fusionarray
    fusionarray Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why watch Star whatever, when you can fight me my power Level is over 9000!!!!! b:laugh
    cause I seen em all already >.>
  • Forcas - Lost City
    Forcas - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    someone talking about p2p vs f2p.... ofcourse f2p makes more money....

obviously.... U want to BUY the best gear in WOW? u pay another player maybe $400-500.... u want the best gear in PWI? U pay pwi $1,500 usd... and that is just for weapon, boots, one ring, armor, legs, wrists... doesn't include the other ring, neck, tome, wings, .... and that's for BASIC r9... not recast... and not +12.... so really to BUY and truely CS an entire endgame toon... probably around $3,000-4,000 USD. I have a friend who has played wow for like 8 years.... he has ALL the best **** in the game... I think he MAYBE invested... dunno... $150/year X 8 yrs.... u could barely get the R9 ring for that price. LOL. difference is, R9 is not really farmable by mere mortals.... but P2P games are all about farming. PWI token shop is a token sink... just like PWI is a wallet sink. b:laughb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryu//inj/ - Archosaur18
    Ryu//inj/ - Archosaur18 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is it taking so long for you to update? did someone forget to switch the servers to online?
    sheeesh idk why I am seeing ur offline still.

sorry for my impatience... I really love this game
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just read the updates log.....no new fash or mounts b:cry