Content Update PWI: Reflections

Comments

• PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes , Yes i know, and its almost 4 am, and im 50 miles from civilization. No delivery in this area.b:cry

i delivery you some porklomein for only 5 dolla per sec b:laugh
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    But.. im so far out in the sticks, they have to pipe the sunshine in.b:sad
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    /agree

*wonders where PorkChowMien is* b:chuckle

Noo you ate my brother
    you monster
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    When I send my hubby out in the morning on a 100 mile round trip for take out... i will point at you and tell him its all your fault.b:chuckle
  • killer221210
    killer221210 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the 8 hours thing would be a good idea. People need to know there is a life to live off a game. Now imo it will need a few tweeks.

For one, maybe only have your timer go down while your in combat(When your blinking red) with mobs.

Two for you PWE to make some cash, timer refresh packs, open enough you may get a item to refresh your farming timer.
  • Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    Pinkpearl - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Noo you ate my brother
    you monster
    Herp derp

nom nom nom nom nom
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the 8 hours thing would be a good idea. People need to know there is a life to live off a game.

b:angry Stop perpetrating the myth that playing for 8+ hours = no life.
    And/or stop judging how people wish to spend their time b:pleased
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    I think the 8 hours thing would be a good idea. People need to know there is a life to live off a game. Now imo it will need a few tweeks.

I have few choices. I can play the game (when i am able) or stare at the tv due to RL issues. I prefer to actually "do" something than lay in the bed staring blindly at the tv screen. I may be unable to physically do anything, but prefer to keep my mind busy when im able.
  • Akasha_Lust - Heavens Tear
    Akasha_Lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have few choices. I can play the game (when i am able) or stare at the tv due to RL issues. I prefer to actually "do" something than lay in the bed staring blindly at the tv screen. I may be unable to physically do anything, but prefer to keep my mind busy when im able.

Does anyone actually read whole post? Granted the first line of what i say is being quoted. what about the post of how the timer counts down. It wouldn't be hard to do. read the rest of what a man has to say before an attempt to chastise him cupcakes.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Does anyone actually read whole post? Granted the first line of what i say is being quoted. what about the post of how the timer counts down. It wouldn't be hard to do. read the rest of what a man has to say before an attempt to chastise him cupcakes.

Why should a gaming company tell a 44 year old woman how long she is allowed to play? For that matter, anyone.
    read the rest of what a man has to say before an attempt to chastise him cupcakes.

Dangit, now i want chinese take out AND cupcakes!b:cry
  • Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Dangit, now i want chinese take out AND cupcakes!b:cry
    Awww *huggles*, here here, I have extra cupcakes from Dots.
    Choose between Red Velvet and Mint Chocolate. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Shawnita - Dreamweaver
    Shawnita - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Chinese changes are made to help balance the CN server which is pretty different economically and game play wise from ours. This is why PWI is going to monitor it.

Some of the major differences: no rank in cashshop, r9r massively cheaper, most people 3rd cast vana or r8r, no hypers in fcc (so different leveling culture), no server tw resets

In essence, CN needed a coin sink, and put one in. We don't really need that coin sink.

Question, though:
    Will all TWs be on one day now as they stack up to 7? Or will they stack separately as allows?

gtfo if rank 9 gonna be cheaper ill rq cbf doing 3cast too expensive
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Awww *huggles*, here here, I have extra cupcakes from Dots.
    Choose between Red Velvet and Mint Chocolate. b:chuckle

Oooohhh Red velvet plz. b:dirty
  • Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Oooohhh Red velvet plz. b:dirty
    *hands over the red velvet cupcake to Nenor*

*enjoys the Mint Chocolate one while waiting for the server to be up* Nom nom nom

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Akasha_Lust - Heavens Tear
    Akasha_Lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why should a gaming company tell a 44 year old woman how long she is allowed to play? For that matter, anyone.

There not. Fly around PW map and show me one person grinding sea captains or spiders anymore. there is not a single person. and as far as playing, most the drops from mobs people get are molds and 3 stars. most of which people npc as soon as they turn BH in.

Btw servers up yet?
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the changes they made. Since a faction can defend up to 7 battles at one time, perhaps they can balance this new rule in the future by increasing the size of a faction from to 200 to 300 in hopes to get more participants per tw. In ancient history, invaders usually try to increase their population by assimilating their enemies for every land they conquer in order to have more people to defend their keep.

300 ftw! b:angry
  • myintmyat
    myintmyat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:tired OMG all the change are about money for pwi ....
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In ancient history, invaders usually try to increase their population by assimilating their enemies for every land they conquer in order to have more people to defend their keep.

300 ftw! b:angry

I just had a fun idea >.> Every time an attacking faction wins against a defending faction, not only do they get the new land, but a random number of participants in the TW from the defending side get assimilated into the attacking side's faction!! b:laugh
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    There not. Fly around PW map and show me one person grinding sea captains or spiders anymore. there is not a single person. and as far as playing, most the drops from mobs people get are molds and 3 stars. most of which people npc as soon as they turn BH in.

Btw servers up yet?

Yea i will agree there arent as many people grinding as they used to. Personally I sneak off to uni forest and grind for hours on a good day. If done correctly, you can get a 7 hour run and its nice n quiet in there. If I was to do this, say.. on a friday morn, and they were to trigger and arch invasion for that evening, it would be a bit pointless for me to grind it for xp/drops. (i grind all my xp by the way, i like the challenge of it) I also dont do nirva/TT farming to sell for coin, and rely on dq drops as a decent (not all) chunk of my coin.

Sometimes i may not be able to do much in game for a week, but on that good day, id like to be able farm and grind like normal.
  • Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver
    Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    servers down,b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • lyrinx123
    lyrinx123 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some of those well geared players are simply so annoying nobody in those stronger factions want them. Others probably don't care for all the seriousness in those factions. Like when I joined the top faction on my server it was like trying to apply for a dang job. Even had an interview in vent and had to answer all these friggin ret@rded questions about my character and even personal life and sht. I thought that was gey as hell. Sometimes those TW factions are just too serious for people who just want to have fun and play the game.
    sounds like the top guild on momaganon
  • $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands
    $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    7 atks on a faction's territory...L O L..a good faction could possibly be defending 3-4 territories...and would be losing 4 territories....
  • $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands
    $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:angry Server's still down b:angry b:cryb:angry
  • lyrinx123
    lyrinx123 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In regards to tw, i saw people mentioning new maps would add interest, I agree.

I'd like to see something that would give a rate of attrition, maybe actually having to manufacture catapults after they've been abandonned/killed off that would delay tw progression. Time to build the towers that are needed for defenses, including new maps that have different obstacles that would need to be overcome such as having to build bridges or have to climb walls, make it in some areas you can't fly, make it in some areas you need to cross water, expand the dimensions of the tw map so there is a bigger playing field, and enough obstacles that it doesn't just rely on gear alone, but make us actually have to think and plan.

Might be wishful thinking on my part but making things more challenging with a content overhaul instead of just tweaking pre existing content would be more fun then seeing a faction get ganked 7 ways from sunday.
    i love this idea
  • Thiaoouba - Heavens Tear
    Thiaoouba - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :p beginning to feel like the server is going to be down for the next 4 hours. I don't see why not, they've already been down for 4 and a half so far. Good job PWI.
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Servers still down

On a personal note, why keep adding stuff when it's known there are many glitches in the game?

Wouldn't it be better to fix them first?
  • Thiaoouba - Heavens Tear
    Thiaoouba - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know. I'm fairly positive that it is pointless to keep adding to stuff to the game every month or so. No wonder there are serious problems with the update. There is just too much information. Geez, Calm down PWI :p
  • sleepybyz
    sleepybyz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I disagree there is a Faction who can take 3 attacks we all know who they are and 7 attackers seems like a pretty nice number if you ask me cause I believe there is what 4 major facts on the map and 3 or 4 little meaningless one's on I think yea Monopoly is Gamer Greed I remember when everyone had like 3 to 4 lands and 5 was GODLIKE haha I think I seen someone with 11 WTF for Real 11 How Much land do you need it's become a POWER TRIP Game now everyone trying to have Everything TO BE THE Best on the server and what not Taking from lower levels Destroying Events, Taking the fun away from people who aren't rich to stand up against it I DON'T PK Because of it Yea if you ask me they need to do more PVE and PK Wise like area's that limit Gear like area for R9 area for R8 area's for lvl caps Yea but hey wishful thinking
  • _BarBerIAN_ - Heavens Tear
    _BarBerIAN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    my favo AC pet is... myself!! b:cool
  • RexNero - Dreamweaver
    RexNero - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey all,

In the coming weeks, we'll be releasing a new content update for PWI that we've titled "Reflections". We're excited to bring it to you since it will add a lot of new features, from a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests) to new daily and weekly quests, including a high level PVP event in Morai. It will also include various mechanic tweaks and bug fixes.

We'll also be making some major changes to Territory Wars, and that's what I wanted to talk about specifically in this post. These changes will be as follows:

1. Change bidding to use Ten Million Big Notes instead of Coins

The number of Big Notes that can be used for a bid will be from 1 to 99. This will effectively raise the minimum bid from 100k to 10,000,000. Maximum bid will effectively increase from 200,000,000 to 990,000,000.

Why the change?

As some of you know, the economy within the Chinese version of PW is vastly different from that of our version here. They made this change to fit more with their own server economies, and the change was applied to our version as well.

What will we do about it?

Since we feel that this change would be too drastic for our own version, we're taking some steps to adapt to it. We are currently working on a system for refunding 90% of your Territory Wars bid. The bidder will get this refund whether they win or lose their battle, and it will be sent out during the maintenance following the TW.

This change will effectively reduce the bidding range to 1,000,000 - 99,900,000 (once the refund is received).

In addition, since this TW bid change is pretty dramatic even with the refunding functionality in place, we'll be monitoring the situation, and we strongly encourage you to provide your feedback on the matter.

2. Number of Simultaneous Attacks on a single faction increased to seven from three.

Why the change?

This change was made to reduce the chance of a server monopoly and to increase competition in TW. Not all versions of PWI use the Seasonal TW system like we do (in fact I believe we're the only one), so it makes sense that more mechanisms would be put in place to guard against this.

Monitor the situation moving forward. Again, we encourage you to submit feedback either here on the forums in via Customer Service ticket.

3. Increase the strength, durability, and cost of base defenses in Territory Wars

Why the change?

To bring these defenses in-line with the increased power of characters over the last several updates.

Same as above: Monitor the situation moving forward. Again, we encourage you to submit feedback either here on the forums in via Customer Service ticket.

So, since some of these changes are pretty dramatic, we wanted to give a heads up a little beforehand so that people can start planning for them ahead of time.

We'd also love to hear what you think of these changes, and we'll forward all constructive feedback to the developers.

Thanks for your time!
    -The PWI Team

Not is clare about refunding system if 8 faction bid on same place all 8 faction got refund or only who will win bid?

About TW build should be nice receive more deteils new HP tower-crystal new damage/def stat, i agree to improve power of structure anyway not all ppl are OP (a tower will oneshot tt99 ppl?)