Wait What?

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure if they see those as hurting our version more than helping it they can get the ok to withhold or remove those changes.
    Look what they did with the "TW change" they didn't prevent it they only reduced the impact of it. :/ We can hope but probably won't happen if this is all true.
    I call BS. There were ALOT more drops "back then than there are now". And once the dqs npc for a COIN, it will be a hellva lot harder to get coin for skills/gear.(for a new player)

They didnt have jones blessings until i was in my late 90s maybe even level 100.
    Archers are not expensive to level.

Sell to players then. People still need those DQ for bank slots and other uses besides NPC which you get more coin from selling from a player ONTOP of the fact that the coin received from quests will be getting a boost. Spirit will be more of a problem then coin will as always.

And I will disagree and say you didn't do the quests on your own or at your level then. I was scarfing HP pots like no other.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The 1st time i squaded with anyone was for my fb 19. And i avoided squading with anyone for normal quests because I hated the fact the xp was shared and wanted it all for myself.

I didnt buy that many hp/mana pots, there was alot more drops way back when.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm not the only one that sees the OP linking to a post from another player in another thread, where this post is just a bunch of quotes from outta nowhere it seems, am I? I don't know why I question the source on this topic, seems so legit.

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes HP/MP pots i used mostly were mob drops.
    Please Jen i know im a stone face but look at the join date.
    I know all about playing this game before BLESSINGS and EASY MODE were installed.
    edited August 2012
    Yes HP/MP pots i used mostly were mob drops.
    Please Jen i know im a stone face but look at the join date.
    I know all about playing this game before BLESSINGS and EASY MODE were installed.

I don't count forum join date as anything regarding ingame content Jimbo. Because that's a very inaccurate thing to go by in both directions for when you started playing. I had almost no HP pots from drops and was almost always spending it at the apothecary NPC for better HP pots to survive the stronger mobs I was up against.
    I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about more then it's from my personal experience.

I had a much easier time making a barb during low levels then my archer. It flippped around 60-70s.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I forgot to add I used to take all my crafting mats that dropped and made stuff with them to vendor for decent coin or 3 stars to sell on the AH or decompose into mirages. Back then people actually bought 3 stars if they had decent stats and you could actually decompse them into mirages still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited August 2012
    Good old days when decomposing 3*s for mirages was actually worth it.....

Only time now is when its OHT....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well jimbos been active since SEPT 08.
    You know full well i played without blessings.
    Also forums were an after thought to playing the game back then for me that why the join date here is later. Im a stone face cause i never cared to learn how to post my avitar.
    But in any case i speak only from my own experiances as a barb and at low lvls its was HARD and expensive.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well jimbos been active since SEPT 08.
    You know full well i played without blessings.
    Also forums were an after thought to playing the game back then for me that why the join date here is later. Im a stone face cause i never cared to learn how to post my avitar.
    But in any case i speak only from my own experiances as a barb and at low lvls its was HARD and expensive.

I remember when the Blessing first came out for Thanksgiving I believe it was. My friend and I started playing togeather I was archer he was a barb. I remember him saying how his repair bills sucked but I don't remember him complaining about coin. Though he quickly learned to merchant as he was always looking for the easiest way to make money without using the CS where I was always the hardcore farmer/grinder types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm not the only one that sees the OP linking to a post from another player in another thread, where this post is just a bunch of quotes from outta nowhere it seems, am I? I don't know why I question the source on this topic, seems so legit.

Translation from a faction mate who reads Chinese. From the CN patch notes. Weeks ago.

Nice avatar.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think the 8 hour farming limitation that will be implemented in the CN version is to control botting, but to regulate the amount of time people spend playing the game. As most probably already have heard, an 18 year old kid died from playing a recently released mmo game in Taiwan for more than 20 hours straight. This has been a growing problem and concern in a lot of Asian countries.

From an over seas news broadcast I've seen a few weeks ago (not sure if it was in China or Taiwan), the Chinese government is trying restrict the amount of game time for MMOs by passing laws and regulations to game companies effective this August. All as an effort to control child obesity problem, and raising academic, social, and moral standards.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well hardly you can fight addiction with such weak measures.
    Even if you farm for 8 hours you have like 2 hours more of dailies were mob drops/exp isn't relevant,and if the said player have more accounts well lol he can play 24 hours straight anyway.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Translation from a faction mate who reads Chinese. From the CN patch notes. Weeks ago.

Nice avatar.

b:lipcurl Alright then, since i dont talk chinese I concede.

ya it is nice avatar, i like it so much that i also use it on the off site factions forums

i know you're not implying any hate with the comment, coz mines is legit yo

I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:lipcurl Alright then, since i dont talk chinese I concede.

ya it is nice avatar, i like it so much that i also use it on the off site factions forums

i know you're not implying any hate with the comment, coz mines is legit yo

Asty found the patch notes for it in the other thread.

No, it's being jelly cause I want my barb 105 lol.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited August 2012
    Well franky

JUST NO

I don't think there is any further need to explain why making lower level DQ worth nothing will kill any new player on sight.

If you want to give the death blow on this game go for it. b:bye
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Have to be fair, BerserkBeast is pretty much bang on. Not everyone is a sensible minded player who just starts an mmo and immediately invests their coin and sells to other players. DQ drops are that nice chunk of coin at the end of a days questing that gives you an incentive to get back out there and quest more the next day. Considering the population is already on a steady decline and nearly every low level is just an alt, 1 coin drops could do a lot of damage long term.
    edited August 2012
    Oh my other thread got moved to LD

Glad at least mods are here -.-
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't like the 8-hour limitation.
    I barely have time to play on the weekdays, and now, they put 8-hour limitation, which means I won't be able to play much during the weekends when this new update is implemented. *sighs*

The 1-coin value for lvl 21-41 DQ items is just as horrible as the 8-hour limitation.

I have not seen bots or gold-coin (3rd party) spammers/sellers on PWI so far, so I think some of those new updates, which are made to cripple botters and 3rd party spammers/sellers, shouldn't be implemented on PWI.

If PWI has tons of botters and gold-coin spammers/sellers that multiply like roaches, like what has happened to all games created by X-Legend, then go ahead implement those new updates.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tbh. as a low level most of my coin wasn't from DQ at all and I had an ARCHER the hardest and most expensive class to level up in the low levels back then. Barb coming in at a close second. I'm talking strictly low levels (under 60) which this DQ change will effect. The last DQ nerf PWE implemented the DQ rewards system to balance it out as we don't have a very big bot issue. As for the 8 hour farming a day thing I like it. It helps people with addiction problems. and let's be realistic. WHO actually FARMS 8 hours nonstop in 1 day besides the addicts during x2?

The only gripe I would have is the change to the AEU rewards, which PWE will probably add something to balance it out as well.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's ingame time just like hypers.

You can't know if its in-game time or not. So saying it's a good thing without knowing something that basic is a little shortsighted. And cutting the game time short of one character on a true addict isn't going to stop them from playing. What will do is be a constant source of annoyance especially when so many people just do their bh and then leave their characters afk and go do whatever. That person joins your squad and your whole run is ruined, w/o you having done anything wrong. Then there are those with disabilities who play, who actually do go in-and-out for 8 hours a day on the game because they can't do much else. Or people who just want to blow off a weekend and play during 2x. Point being that there is a ton of legitimate reasons why someones timer would be out, and not only does that timer affect them, it affects you too.

To me the dq price nerf is the worst thing to happen in a very long time. I've been playing newbies lately. There isn't as many FC recruitments so they are doing BHs. It takes about as long to find a BH as a full delta, but I can still get it done. I talked to them. They are doing their quests and grinding for coins primarily. A new player isn't going to know to save his dq items because the bank can be expanded and maybe he should merchant them. And if they were to magically know this, and all of them did merchant those items for money. Then the supply would go up a lot, the demand would go down a lot, and the prices would plummet anyway. The same way low level tt mats are worth at lot less now. Only this will be worse than because every single last new player will have to rely on it, or spending money. And I don't know many people willing to already spend that much money on basic things for a supposedly f2p play game. At that level range DQ items are the primary revenue source. Even if it wasn't your primary revenue source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am at a loss as to how this was deemed a "Good" idea..

It's like they are shooting themselves in the foot to get rid of the ant crawling on it.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's like they are shooting themselves in the foot to get rid of the ant crawling on it.

This^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • SadnessCard - Lothranis
    SadnessCard - Lothranis Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am at a loss as to how this was deemed a "Good" idea..

^ Again
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How the HECK a low level / new player its supposed to make the minium amount of money required for skills/pots/teleports/etc. if you're cutting to ZERO the 90% money source for lower levels? this is MAD

b:angry

Dude 90% in pw are alts and have coin
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    - With every New Expansion we get for this game.. we get screwed in new ways - - This should be nothing new for anyone with a year or 2 playing this 'great' game. --

Funy tho, always tought expansions were applied in a game to make it more attractive for new and old players , not to push em off more... and more
    . oh wells .. b:bye
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You've obviously never tried leveling an archer at a low/mid level.

Not only are we squishy as hell. Our damage sucks major balls at a low level. We are almost forced to use a charm to survive things around our level range and in some cases below our level range.

Archers advantage is range and crit. At low levels we have neither.

Barbs on the other hand sure their damage isn't so hot either but they have a very nice defense and hp value in their favor and accuracy isn't quite that big of a deal at low levels yet.

It is true that archers have the toughest time during low / mid levels (till 48ish), now with this what I am hearing, if that is true, then all new players that likes playing archer won't touch this game unless they CS right after they reach level 10. They can't make coins at all other than mats to other players which is really rare...

Also I agree with berserk, this "botting issue" seems like a lie to me, even though I never NPC those DQ anymore because I use 20/31 for bank and 41/51 for dq and the higher ones for DP. I find this ridiculous and will not recommend this game to anyone because PWE had to be greedy/stubborn, the best way to stop the botters is to prevent people from buying gold through coins via AH... but no. They rather nerf rates and drops, where everyone else have to waste their time for nothing.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "Medal of glory and Ancient emblem has been added into faction trial rewards"

This good.
    Everything else looks like rage quite material.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow. I seriously hope some of these changes are not implemented and are only rumors.

I feel a lot of ragequitting coming... I don't rely on DQ items for a living, but I find them useful even for the bit of cash they get to me. Anti-botting solutions should NOT penalize every user in the game, at least, not this way. It's, as other people said, greedy from the company, and I definitely won't recommend this game, even if I still play.

I have mixed feelings for the meditation bit. One one hand... exp for higher levels. On the other hand... as if we didn't have enough of powerleveling. Guess we'll see how available it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On the subject of early archers, ive played every class in this game bar mystic and i cant say archer was harder than any other. But I will say that Archers are the only class that have a consumable component to their weapon that cant be regenerated with meditation i.e bolts and arrows.

And the cost of those can be very high.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My 1st char back in Feb 2009 was an archer, and most of my money did come from DQ. That was because grinding DQ was the most obvious way to make money for a new player who hadn't explored the rest of the game.
    When I made my cleric a year later, almost none of my money came from DQ since I knew what else was out there.

Overall, my cleric cost more upkeep than my archer. But thats probably due to the mana/pot issues many arcanes face at low lvls. I could also get away with not maxing my skills on archer, whereas my heal skills/buffs had to be maxed asap on cleric.

The only people I see this update affecting is super-dooper-serious farmers and newbies. Thats if they have the clock going in-game only though.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Timer is BS, period. When you go to do dailies or BH it'll start and take away from any xp or farming instance you decide you wanna run, and some of us do have time to kill and can farm for that long. I'd rather not have my farming time cut because of a mechanic that isn't even needed on our servers. Dailies in total (if you include BH) can take a good hour to complete, and then that timer still counts down as you try to find people to run other instances with. So in reality that 8 hour timer is limiting you to even less actual farming time.

**** that, we're not CN, we don't have a crapton of botters, forcing this change on a community that is community that is completely unrelated is, to put it lightly, a little more than messed up. People will leave. Economies will get wrecked. The game will become even less newcomer friendly, unless they can cash shop to sell drops. Unless new instances are added with better rewards and new quests/mobs are added with decent drops, and even then you're stuck with the original problem. You know, the one about an 8 hour farming limit being total bullb:shutup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.