Reflections, new way to gain EXP?

CroPsy - Heavens Tear
CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
frankie said in this post here, that there will be new way to gain EXP.
a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests)

So I'm wondering what will that be.
One of the possible ways is this meditation thing.

Basically it says that there will be some new Item and NPC in game, that we'll be able to use for meditation. Some sort of "AFK" leveling I guess.
Not sure if this will be good thing. But table on that link shows that there isn't going to be huge amount of EXP gain per minute.
I guess those who wants 105 with just being afk, would be happy with this system b:chuckleb:laugh
Post edited by CroPsy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its from FW.
    Ofcourse you can [and will be able to] buy items to increase the afk exp gain since it wont be that much [without the increase-items].
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its from FW.
    Ofcourse you can [and will be able to] buy items to increase the afk exp gain since it wont be that much [without the increase-items].

And of course it will also stack with hyper EXP b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If they end up doing it like in Forsaken World, there will be an item you can buy in the cashshop that triples the exp you get 'per tick' for a certain period of time.

IMHO, afk leveling is much worse than things like hypers/oracles. At least when you're using those, you're actually playing the game.

I actually think new quests would be a great thing, if they weren't a one time only deal. Giving us more daily quests with good exp rewards would be awesome.

In that one un-mentionable game by Blizzard starring blood elves, you have a daily quest limit of 25 per day. Imagine, then, if PWE put in, say 10 dailies at each order (that anyone could do, regardless of order affiliation) and 10 dailies each in heaven/hell. Players would then have 50 possible dailies to do. If PWE did like Blizzard did and set a limit of 25 dailies each day, players would have a nice choice of dailies to choose from, and could mix them up so that they didn't have to do the same ones every single day (cuz really, the most annoying thing about dailies is the monotony of doing the same thing over and over).

I can't imagine it would be that much work to slap together 50 (or whatever amount) of "Go here and kill this" or "Go here and fetch that" quests and throw a nice amount of exp reward on them.

Edit: Slegtst ninja'd in the part about FW while I was busy typing all of this.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This mechanice has been from the start of Jade Dynasty as well.

the Forsaken World has been upgraded even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In that one un-mentionable game by Blizzard starring blood elves, you have a daily quest limit of 25 per day. Imagine, then, if PWE put in, say 10 dailies at each order (that anyone could do, regardless of order affiliation) and 10 dailies each in heaven/hell. Players would then have 50 possible dailies to do. If PWE did like Blizzard did and set a limit of 25 dailies each day, players would have a nice choice of dailies to choose from, and could mix them up so that they didn't have to do the same ones every single day (cuz really, the most annoying thing about dailies is the monotony of doing the same thing over and over).

Don't think 25 daily quests would work in PW. In the above mentioned game dailies usually amount to "gather 10 nearby items" or "kill about 7-15 mobs" and usually give solid rewards. You could do 25 dailes in an hour or two.

In PW a lot of daily quests amount to "fly around the world for 2 hours" or "pay 500k/wine fee and fight through an instance to kill a boss" or "pay a chunk of money for exp". Even OHT requires 25-30 mobs or an unsoloable boss in a near-deserted area. Quests have always been dragged out unnecessarily or turned into coin sinks in PW to avoid free players leveling too fast or earning money without cash shopping.

Sure it's a good idea to add more variety, but no point in a limit.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AFK leveling is pathetically stupid.

For me personally, it is the reason I do not play those other games mentioned here.

Just work out the total cost to get all the gear, skills and exp and sell them a I win the game stone.

For those who want F2P
    Remember you never know somethings true worth till you have shed your own blood to get it. Its only then you truly appreciate what you have.

Standing around doing nothing is not earning exp unless you can be sure that they are discussing game tactics with friends and this is the problem how can you tell.

This is something I personally do not think the Glitchers, oracles, Hyperbabys, Lazy players and true full Cash Shoppers will never be able to understand.

They need to actually play the game to enjoy it. b:sad
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I told you guys, every day that passed this game breaks into 1 more piece.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    I told you guys, every day that passed this game breaks into 1 more piece.
    It went from sad to painfull a long time ago, yes.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They already have this... It's called a Level 6 Manor of Justice Guild Base.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited August 2012
    They already have this... It's called a Level 6 Manor of Justice Guild Base.

Which is a waste of Faction Contribution that could be used on buffs instead b:embarrass

But yes, it does indicate that they have no problems with implementing such a system.

Perhaps...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • honeychyld71
    honeychyld71 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If they end up doing it like in Forsaken World, there will be an item you can buy in the cashshop that triples the exp you get 'per tick' for a certain period of time.

IMHO, afk leveling is much worse than things like hypers/oracles. At least when you're using those, you're actually playing the game.

I actually think new quests would be a great thing, if they weren't a one time only deal. Giving us more daily quests with good exp rewards would be awesome.

I can't imagine it would be that much work to slap together 50 (or whatever amount) of "Go here and kill this" or "Go here and fetch that" quests and throw a nice amount of exp reward on them.

Edit: Slegtst ninja'd in the part about FW while I was busy typing all of this.b:shutup

^This

Afk levelling is stupid imo, I'd much rather have more dailies or whatnot to do. In that "unmentionable" game, along with the 25 dailies, there were also instances to farm etc. There was always something to keep you busy. At lvl 100+, there isn't much left to do..I wouldn't mind having more dailies just to kill time.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Which is a waste of Faction Contribution that could be used on buffs instead b:embarrass

But yes, it does indicate that they have no problems with implementing such a system.

Perhaps...?

Who wastes Guild contribution on buffs besides for PvP and TW? >_>

and one Quiz pays for a full round of buffs :P

Side note: Yay easyERmode way to get to my level now :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't think 25 daily quests would work in PW. In the above mentioned game dailies usually amount to "gather 10 nearby items" or "kill about 7-15 mobs" and usually give solid rewards. You could do 25 dailes in an hour or two.

In PW a lot of daily quests amount to "fly around the world for 2 hours" or "pay 500k/wine fee and fight through an instance to kill a boss" or "pay a chunk of money for exp". Even OHT requires 25-30 mobs or an unsoloable boss in a near-deserted area. Quests have always been dragged out unnecessarily or turned into coin sinks in PW to avoid free players leveling too fast or earning money without cash shopping.

We actually do have daily quests that require only 10-15 mobs in this game also. One example is the divine quests. While most people ignore them, I regularly do all the white divine quests on my barb atm to help him level (since I don't hyper). 10-15 mobs each, 35-37k exp... it isn't much, but the quests are fast so the exp adds up. Blue quests are also generally 10 mobs or so. Then we also have the divine quests in Morai... 8/10 mobs, or 5 digs. Those give 60k exp each (if I'm not mistaken), however you can only do two per day.

There is no reason why they couldn't implement more things like this with higher exp rewards. I personally would love to see it, and it might encourage people to quest more and spend less time in FF. But we would have to be given multiple options so that we didn't get certain mob areas too crowded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2012

As mentionned, most recently added daily had better exp/sp pay than in the past, for less work. Add to that, that faction base quest for the lv90+ since the Descent expansion have been giving exp too, for lv100+ it's 240k by quest(and there is 2). Sadly, it's always the exact same mobs each day, contrary to oht, divine and morai.

Off-topic, but blackhole is soloable, always had been for veno with an herc or a nix(require more lv and slightly better gears). Hell, since I noticed we could stun that boss, I experimented with my psychic, and sure enough, blackhole is actually a fake boss, absolutly no immunity to control effect. So I played ping pong with itself as the ball a few time, but 15ish minute back when I only had R8+5 was too long anyways. b:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Hm, I stand corrected on Morai quests, though they're still a coin sink in that you get no coin/item reward at all. Still, I'll admit a few new quests similar to the morai dailies would be a step in the right direction.

Divine Contact white quests on the other hand are rubbish. And ik Blackhole is soloable if you have the right class or OP gear. I meant in general.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Hm, I stand corrected on Morai quests, though they're still a coin sink in that you get no coin/item reward at all. Still, I'll admit a few new quests similar to the morai dailies would be a step in the right direction.

If you actually pick up all the coins/items that the mobs drop, usually you will at the very least break even on your repair bill.

Then again, I did have a person start mocking me for actually flying over to pick up my drops after every buzzard I killed for the buzzard daily, as if the drops didn't matter. Well, no, taken individually, they aren't much, but if you actually pick them all up, it adds up.

And I was definitely referring to the Morai type of dailies, not the OHT ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do not support AFK leveling. D:<
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do not support AFK leveling. D:<

Neither do I, how am I supposed to sell FC if all the little low levels can get levels while afk?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Neither do I, how am I supposed to sell FC if all the little low levels can get levels while afk?

**** them, you should be running it for yourself!

....Unless your avatar is glitched and you're now past 103. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    If there was a requirement to do something ingame daily to get "minutes" or something to use the AFK experience feature, then that might be a different story.

So have a few quests daily that allows you to accumulate AFK feature points, and points = minutes to AFK there = not true AFK leveling.

Maybe?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    **** them, you should be running it for yourself!

....Unless your avatar is glitched and you're now past 103. b:avoid

103 is fine for now, there's no need for levels past 101 so getting 104 o 105 is far from the top of my list of priorities. R9 and APS sets done > refines > shards > leveling is pretty much how it is for me. I'll try to level after I've taken care of everything else I possibly can =P
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The main problem I have with a "new way to gain exp", is that they usually mean by that "all other ways to gain exp will be obsolete after". The exp gains from the start, quests (including FB) + grind (in several forms) + rebirth + 3 dailies (wq+cs+cube), are obsolete and only some are still done for other purposes. We passed by oracles, 1 bh, tripple bh, pq 1. Those are all pretty much obsolete in these days of hyper fcc selling. Even bh squads become rare, under 90s at least.

This just makes me wonder what kind of mechanism they are going to invent to kick hypered fcc's but in exp gain...

Tbh, I don't really mind new exp gain mechanisms. Even afk exp would be ok I guess, as long as it is only for end lvls only (101+ at the least). We really don't need faster lvling pre-100 b:surrender And after 101 the gain of lvls is just a few points and better detection at the cost of becoming considered a gooner by most players you encounter.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Even OHT requires 25-30 mobs or an unsoloable boss in a near-deserted area.
    Black Hole Devourer? Always giggled at that name btw. :P

Im seeing on your avatar that you're a level 100 BM, so posibility of trolling is very high here.

If i do it without any buffs at all, my charm will tick alot. But as soon as i pass the BHD spot with BP still active, i kill him [usually for ppl waiting at his spot], even if i dont need it for the daily OHT quest.

Im far from OP, have both ingame lag as wel as reallife lag [im slow xD].

The hardests hits he does on me are the magic attacks [duh]. Not sure if Shadowless Kick has a cooldown short enough to interupt all of his magic attacks, but there is also triple sparking.

Come on, this is all basic BM stuff. I'd say: just try it. :P
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    While on the topic of Black Hole Devourer, don't forget he can be also be stunned or locked, and less attacks from it = easier to survive.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The hardests hits he does on me are the magic attacks [duh]. Not sure if Shadowless Kick has a cooldown short enough to interupt all of his magic attacks, but there is also triple sparking.

Come on, this is all basic BM stuff. I'd say: just try it. :P

_DarkSeph_ : I have just recently discovered mdef charms use in pve, thanks to people in faction b:victory. Shadowless kick will work, stun will work. Kick takes 2~3 seconds, stun takes 2~3 seconds and 35 chi. When you start from full spark, you will have enough time and chi to use either and still be on time to spark. I wouldn't recommend using earthquake, he will move back if i recall, very annoying. If you feel like the adventurous type, use mdef charms and keep phy marrow up. When boss is about to use magic attack, use balace (never tried it). So many fun things to do in game still.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AFK leveling is pathetically stupid.

For me personally, it is the reason I do not play those other games mentioned here.

Just work out the total cost to get all the gear, skills and exp and sell them a I win the game stone.

For those who want F2P
    Remember you never know somethings true worth till you have shed your own blood to get it. Its only then you truly appreciate what you have.

Standing around doing nothing is not earning exp unless you can be sure that they are discussing game tactics with friends and this is the problem how can you tell.

This is something I personally do not think the Glitchers, oracles, Hyperbabys, Lazy players and true full Cash Shoppers will never be able to understand.

They need to actually play the game to enjoy it. b:sad

I agree, AFK leveling will spell doom on the whole entire game... Oh wait, FC did that.

Poor scrub won't be making money out of scamming other dumb scrubs anymore ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hht61rfN0U

Perhaps...?

Agreed... Whoever uses manor of justice is an idiot.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i Do Not Support Afk Leveling. D:<

^.
    +1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Im seeing on your avatar that you're a level 100 BM, so posibility of trolling is very high here.

Awesome. By "not OP" I'll assume you mean standard g12-13 +5 weapon/armor, without any charm. Go ahead and post a video of yourself soloing Blackhole, with such gear. Maybe drop a piece of aps gear, not everyone is 5.0. And no demon/sage bell, since it should be soloable for any moderate BM.

Oh and don't spend more than 80k in resources, or it wouldn't be economical for a 4 Tear of Heaven reward.

I'll be waiting. :)
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do support AFK leveling.
    As someone who quit game a bit more than 2 month ago cause I was stuck on 101 and didn't want to spend my whole life doing FF to try to catch up with gooners, I think AFK leveling can be good thing as I can leave my char on line while being AFK busy in rl.
    edited August 2012
    I do support AFK leveling.
    As someone who quit game a bit more than 2 month ago cause I was stuck on 101 and didn't want to spend my whole life doing FF to try to catch up with gooners, I think AFK leveling can be good thing as I can leave my char on line while being AFK busy in rl.

As someone on here once told me before;

''Everyone wants to be a weightlifter, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]