Perfect World Damage Calc

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
I made this in order to give people a better view on how your actual damage is affected by your stats. Questions such as ''Are DoT's in my weapon worth it?'' or ''How much of a difference would a few extra weapon refines really make?'' should easily be answered with this calculator.

For people who already know the calculations behind damage, this will present nothing new. It's just for convenience.

How to use:

-Only fill in the grey cells, green cells are output.

-Orange cells show a note when you hover over them with your cursor.

-Fill in your stats as seen in the character menu while unbuffed.

-You can test out theoretical builds by building them on PWCalc and copying the stats you see there.

-Skill info can be found on Ecatomb.

I'm sure there are still a few errors in there somewhere, so don't hesitate to post it here if you find one b:victory

To be added:

I have stopped working on this project. If you feel like continuing it, download it and be my guest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    > b:kiss <

(Missing warding levels)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    > b:kiss <

(Missing warding levels)

Yeah, I'll add those sometime.

I'm not quite sure how they stack with defense levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I'll add those sometime.

I'm not quite sure how they stack with defense levels.

Multiplication, that's how.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited August 2012
    Multiplication, that's how.

Then I'll have to assume it works like how I just edited it. Is that correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe so. Use the calculations from the wiki: Slaying and warding levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Then I'll have to assume it works like how I just edited it. Is that correct?

Your Warding Level multiplier looks a bit wonky. You're dividing the damage by 1+1.2* Warding Level, but that's only how it works for Defense Levels.

For Warding Levels, the multiplier should be 1-(Warding Level/(Enemy Level+Warding Level)).

As for the actual spreadsheet:
    +It's simple
    +It's easy to understand
    +It works for any skill
    -It only works when you insert your damage as found in the Character Info
    -It only works for damage per hit

It's decent, could use some working though. Something rather similar is on my to-do list for spreadsheets, but it's not exactly a high priority.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And what May said.

To make it work for PVP just add a multiplier value of 0.25 and an option for Yes or No in the box.

If yes then Applies .25
    If no then Applies 1.00

Unless you're also stuck on the level difference damage reduction
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe so. Use the calculations from the wiki: Slaying and warding levels
    Your Warding Level multiplier looks a bit wonky. You're dividing the damage by 1+1.2* Warding Level, but that's only how it works for Defense Levels.

For Warding Levels, the multiplier should be 1-(Warding Level/(Enemy Level+Warding Level)).

As for the actual spreadsheet:
    +It's simple
    +It's easy to understand
    +It works for any skill
    -It only works when you insert your damage as found in the Character Info
    -It only works for damage per hit

It's decent, could use some working though. Something rather similar is on my to-do list for spreadsheets, but it's not exactly a high priority.

Thank you. It's still a work in progress for now, but to get feedback with these missing details is why I published it while being unfinished.
    And what May said.

To make it work for PVP just add a multiplier value of 0.25 and an option for Yes or No in the box.

If yes then Applies .25
    If no then Applies 1.00

Unless you're also stuck on the level difference damage reduction

Yeah, I did something similar with the level difference reduction.

The main issue here is that you have to take your opponent's attack & defense levels versus those of your own. They play such a huge purpose in pvp that it would be rather pointless to add anything pvp-related while excluding those. I do plan on adding them, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Done with quite an overhaul now.

I'm fairly sure that what's in it is at least 99% correct (except the slaying/warding levels, still not quite sure of that).

-Added buffs.
    -Added Str/Dex/Mag/Vit and their respective formulas in calculating defense and attack.
    -Added Melee, Magic and Ranged/Dagger damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Uhm Im still not sure how that works o.O

Can I have a simplified formula if Im just calculating the damage taken from a mob who's not higher level than me(So no extra damage dealt),and have a 1000-1200 damage?
    (putting stats for each armor piece its a bit o.O can't I just add the stats I see in the character panel like 15.000 p.def 30 Def Levels etc?)

Or even simpler

Since I can see by pointing the arrow on the Physical Defence data in the character panel(e.g. 4,1k physical defence = reduce the damage taken from lv.101 mobs by 50%) the actual damage reduction can you tell me how to add to the above reduction the defense levels and warding levels effect?
    (Sorry If Im bad with math)

I just want to calculate an estimate on how many mobs my seeker can take on in Phoenix Valley b:cute
    (Not like Im going to count em when I pull lol)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2012

-So far it only works for PvE.

-For auto attack damage: fill in 0% weapon damage, 0 added damage and a 1 for base damage.

And, how it can be implemented for Wizard in PvE ?

For example, I use Dragon's Breath and Perfect World Damage Calc can show me calculated damage ?

Or if my Wizard has -24% channeling normal and -90% channeling in Sutra, has 3% critical hit chance and use certain chain of skills, then what will be average dps of my Wizard if he can gain chi from sources not related with Wizard's skills ?
    edited August 2012
    Uhm Im still not sure how that works o.O

Can I have a simplified formula if Im just calculating the damage taken from a mob who's not higher level than me(So no extra damage dealt),and have a 1000-1200 damage?
    (putting stats for each armor piece its a bit o.O can't I just add the stats I see in the character panel like 15.000 p.def 30 Def Levels etc?)

Or even simpler

Since I can see by pointing the arrow on the Physical Defence data in the character panel(e.g. 4,1k physical defence = reduce the damage taken from lv.101 mobs by 50%) the actual damage reduction can you tell me how to add to the above reduction the defense levels and warding levels effect?
    (Sorry If Im bad with math)

I just want to calculate an estimate on how many mobs my seeker can take on in Phoenix Valley b:cute
    (Not like Im going to count em when I pull lol)

I'll probably add a simplified version when this is done, yeah.

Just to clarify things:

-You need to add each individual armor piece's defense because that total amount gets multiplied by your vit/str/mag and buffs to what you see in the character menu.
    You can just fill in your P./M.def as it is seen in the character menu, but then the spreadsheet's buffs will not work.

-Just the stats from your character menu will not work, because then you don't know your weapon damage (which is not the damage range that your weapon shows).

So for now you'll have to fill in everything that's relevant (e.g. if you just want to know your own damage vs. a mob then you can skip filling in your p.def), otherwise the results are just not accurate.
    And, how it can be implemented for Wizard in PvE ?

For example, I use Dragon's Breath and Perfect World Damage Calc can show me calculated damage ?

Or if my Wizard has -24% channeling normal and -90% channeling in Sutra, has 3% critical hit chance and use certain chain of skills, then what will be average dps of my Wizard if he can gain chi from sources not related with Wizard's skills ?

For (level 10) Dragon's Breath you fill in a 1 for base damage, 0% weapon damage and 4458.2 added damage.

Caster DPS is something I'm not going to bother with for a while, since you would have to fill in your skill combo, their cast times, their channeling times, your channeling, their cooldowns, your channeling, account for any lag in the process... Too much work, I'd have to make an entirely different calc for that.

I can see that the calc is not that user-friendly right now, but I'll work on that when it's actually done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Aren't the stats shown in character panel already multiplied by the vit/str/mag?(e.g. when you level up and add str/vit you notice the value changes)
    edited August 2012
    Aren't the stats shown in character panel already multiplied by the vit/str/mag?(e.g. when you level up and add str/vit you notice the value changes)

Yes, and that's the problem. You need the defense value without the Str/Vit if you want to add buffs to the mix. For example, if you get buffed with 60% phys def by a cleric, then the p.def value in your character menu does not actually increase by 60% (unless your stats are really low).

If you already know your buffed defenses, then you can just fill those in under Physical Defense and Magical Defense. The reason I added the buffs is so you can easily turn them on/off and immediately see the effect on your damage intake & output.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    -You need to add each individual armor piece's defense because that total amount gets multiplied by your vit/str/mag and buffs to what you see in the character menu.
    You can just fill in your P./M.def as it is seen in the character menu, but then the spreadsheet's buffs will not work.

That's just way too complicated. As seen here, the defense reductions only depend on the amount of pdef you have. Thus, you can simply have all the buffs be as multipliers to the total pdef value. All you need to ask from them is total pdef, all reduction%-things they have and the buffs. Since the multiplier for damage from defense is basically (1-def/((40*attacker level)+def-25)), you can just add the buffs as (1+buffpercentage%) to the def value. Makes it ugly, yes, but simplifies the calc a lot.

Also, I think that adding buffs only as a yes/no thing is a bit lazy, as some people might want different levels of buffs. You might want to edit it so that the buffs ask for level and then based on that level add a multiplier to the defense, like what I described above.

That's what I did for my effective health calculator, anyway.
    -Just the stats from your character menu will not work, because then you don't know your weapon damage (which is not the damage range that your weapon shows).

You can work around that as well. As long as you know how much str, dex, mag they have, you can reverse the damage calculation and presto, it's all nice and simple.

For a reference of what I mean, this is the effective health spreadsheet I wrote. It might help you simplify your damage calculations, since it's pretty much the same thing, just different approach. Basically, I have 2 spreadsheets, one where you input data, one that counts some messy multipliers, such as defense level, level difference, pdef and mdef reductions.
    edited August 2012

Thank you.

Even though it's not as simple as I'd want it to be, the stuff I put into it so far seems to work. I'll just work on it in a different document for now until it's done entirely.

Although...
    Also, I think that adding buffs only as a yes/no thing is a bit lazy, as some people might want different levels of buffs. You might want to edit it so that the buffs ask for level and then based on that level add a multiplier to the defense, like what I described above.

Buffs do ask for a level, since you can add between 1 through 14 for them (as explained in the note above the column) 11 being sage, 12 being demon and 13 and 14 being sage/demon with any short buffs (like the additional 100% pdef from sage vanguard).

Edit: I guess that really wasn't needed, put them in a dropdown menu instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Thank you.

Even though it's not as simple as I'd want it to be, the stuff I put into it so far seems to work. I'll just work on it in a different document for now until it's done entirely.

Although...

You can actually simplify the whole spreadsheet by separating some of the calculations, like defense reductions, warding level, level difference reductions, to a secondary spreadsheet in the same file and cross-reference that spreadsheet for the formulae.

With that in mind, the additional calculations required for only asking for damage range, str, dex, mag and vit is pretty much a moot argument and you can freely simplify the spreadsheet.
    Buffs do ask for a level, since you can add between 1 through 14 for them (as explained in the note above the column) 11 being sage, 12 being demon and 13 and 14 being sage/demon with any short buffs (like the additional 100% pdef from sage vanguard).

Edit: I guess that really wasn't needed, put them in a dropdown menu instead.

Well yeah. I found the 10+ thing rather confusing, to be honest. As soon as you end up requiring explanations for user-defined entries, the spreadsheet starts to be more about the person making the sheet and less about the person using it. And that's not how you should make a sheet, at least not if you plan for someone else to use it.
    edited August 2012
    Just updated it to a much more simple (but just as accurate) version. Also added accuracy and evasion, their respective percentages and accuracy's effects on your average DPS.

Character defense & incoming damage is still being worked on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Im keeping an eye on this thread keep up the good work b:kiss <-- lazy
    edited August 2012
    *bump*
    How's going ? b:avoid
    edited August 2012
    *bump*

Still interested on this
    (Especially on the"Damage Taken" section.
    edited August 2012
    Still working on it. Only the formula for calculating buffed defense from unbuffed defense is proving to be troublesome.

I'm also moving the spreadsheet over to Zoho so you can use it without downloading or needing an account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still working on it. Only the formula for calculating buffed defense from unbuffed defense is proving to be troublesome.

I'm also moving the spreadsheet over to Zoho so you can use it without downloading or needing an account.

You just need to know the person's vit / str / mag and their unbuffed defense to make that calculation.

The forumla is on the wiki: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Resistance

I actually make that calculation in my socket calculator (gear buff is that stat you find on TT Nirv gears and such):
    charinfo.equippdef = (charinfo.pDef - Math.round((charinfo.str + charinfo.vit - 2)/4) - 1) /
    (1+Math.round((3*charinfo.str + 2*charinfo.vit)/25)/100 + charinfo.pDefGearBuff);
    charinfo.equipmres = (charinfo.mRes - Math.round((charinfo.mag + charinfo.vit - 2)/4)) /
    (1+Math.round((3*charinfo.mag + 2*charinfo.vit)/25)/100 + charinfo.mResGearBuff);
    var pdef = Math.round((character.str + vit - 2)/4)
    + Math.round(equipPDef * (1+ Math.round((3 * character.str + 2 * vit)/25)/100)) + 1
    + (buffs.pDefBuff + character.pDefGearBuff) * equipPDef;
    var mres = Math.round((character.mag + vit - 2)/4)
    + Math.round(equipMRes * (1+ Math.round((3 * character.mag + 2 * vit)/25)/100))
    + (buffs.mResBuff + character.mResGearBuff) * equipMRes;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2012
    You just need to know the person's vit / str / mag and their unbuffed defense to make that calculation.

The forumla is on the wiki: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Resistance

I actually make that calculation in my socket calculator (gear buff is that stat you find on TT Nirv gears and such):

Ah, Asterelle, you're a lifesaver. I absolutely suck at math and just couldn't figure that one out.

When testing it on my ingame character, the spreadsheet seems to calculate my buffed defenses from unbuffed perfectly, but when I try it with the +%p.def stat on armor from pwcalc (don't have such armor ingame) it tends to be off by a fair margin.

Only when I add 4% p.def as a gear stat for example, it does add 4% of equipment defense. PWCalc only gives me a lower number, could it be that pwcalc is off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah, Asterelle, you're a lifesaver. I absolutely suck at math and just couldn't figure that one out.

When testing it on my ingame character, the spreadsheet seems to calculate my buffed defenses from unbuffed perfectly, but when I try it with the +%p.def stat on armor from pwcalc (don't have such armor ingame) it tends to be off by a fair margin.

Only when I add 4% p.def as a gear stat for example, it does add 4% of equipment defense. PWCalc only gives me a lower number, could it be that pwcalc is off?

I just assumed it works the same as +5% Max HP found on cube necks.
    I dont have any real first-hand experience with the %def stat since it's uncommon.

PWCalc used to have a disclaimer that its def values were only like 98% accurate. I'm not sure if it has been updated since the more exact formula was found a while ago. You can email skyflox if you have questions about what he did. He replies pretty quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2012
    I just assumed it works the same as +5% Max HP found on cube necks.
    I dont have any real first-hand experience with the %def stat since it's uncommon.

PWCalc used to have a disclaimer that its def values were only like 98% accurate. I'm not sure if it has been updated since the more exact formula was found a while ago. You can email skyflox if you have questions about what he did. He replies pretty quickly.

It seemed to be an issue with OpenOffice calc apparently, since it magically fixed itself when exporting to Google (now it's only about 5 points of defense off, which doesn't really change your damage intake at all). Probably something with the rounding command not working correctly.

With that out of the way, it shouldn't take long for the PvE calculator to be 100% finished, after which I can move on to the PvP calc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Zoho doesn't seem to support drop-down lists, so I might as well keep it like this.

-Added defense
    -Added Vitality
    -Added Reduce Physical Damage %
    -Added taken damage
    -Added Warding Levels
    -Added Defense Levels
    -Added debuffs

All that's missing now is elemental damage (no idea how that works).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Uhm it doesn't seem to works for me.

Maybe it doesn't work with Excel 2003?,it shows an error in the cells with particularly long formulas.

Same thing happens when I try to open it with LibreOffice Calc:Long formulas aren't processed.
    edited August 2012
    *bump*
    Any news about this?
    I still can't get it to work since apparently not Excel 2003 or Libre Office process long formulas...
    edited September 2012
    Forgot about this for a while now... b:avoid
    *bump*
    Any news about this?
    I still can't get it to work since apparently not Excel 2003 or Libre Office process long formulas...

That's... not very good. Only thing that can be done right now is make a Google account and copy it to that (File -> make a copy). I'll see if I can fix it to work in openoffice/excel and upload it to a file host.

PVP calc will still take a fair while.

So with that done, I need a bit of input from people that are more knowledgeable about this:
    -Warding levels only work on enemies of your own level or lower. True or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]