Wuddafuq Gear?

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Assassin
I've been watching this sin since I saw him wielding axes at level 15-ish 3 weeks after I started playing. I bumped into him now and then and check his gear out of curiosity. His gearing's always been a little unusual, and his sharding preferences were good for a few giggles (ele shards and ambers of way too low a grade to make a difference). I just saw him again about 20 minutes ago and decided to take another peek. I kid you not, this is his current gear.
(Dunno about his build, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed pure dex. Dagger Devo is set to 10 because I don't know his culti.)
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Quite kind of you to assume that he even leveled Dagger Devotion to 10 b:chuckle

But yeah, this guy has some weird priorities... -int tome and r8 legs? Wut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Quite kind of you to assume that he even leveled Dagger Devotion to 10 b:chuckle
    I figured I had to show him some level of love. I've spoken to him briefly once or twice and he seems genuinely nice.
    In all honestly, I expect a vit build and no higher than level 8 Devotion.
    But yeah, this guy has some weird priorities... -int tome and r8 legs? Wut.
    My thoughts exactly...b:shutup
    Not to mention sapphire and garnet GEMS in his helm, while sporting flawless citrines in only half his other gear slots....and a Sky Cover while other gear slots are so neglected? -shudders-
    R8 ring would give him more attack and crit.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seen an Archer with a R8 bow with full TT99 LA. I personally sport an LA/AA mix, what's wrong with that sin's setup?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seen an Archer with a R8 bow with full TT99 LA. I personally sport an LA/AA mix, what's wrong with that sin's setup?

I'm sorry, but that's a little too obvious, zannyboy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    The fact that he spent so much money on gear that he could have better spent on other things for less money and more effect.

Pan Gu while only 2aps r8 and no 2nd cast legs.
    Vana bracers and TT99 LA ornies. Why specifically spend more money to gimp yourself?
    Daggers aren't sharded.
    Sky cover...good ring, yes, but only if you already have ****-loads to spend, no other gear to improve on, and a number of attack levels already stacked. At his state, r8 ring would be more beneficial.
    Garnet and Sapphire gems in his helm.
    Flawless citrines (except one immac in his pants).
    Amber in his pants.
    Bracers aren't sharded.
    Level 1 ring engravings.

Tl;dr, only everything. Specifically money wasted on OP gear that won't have much effect with all his neglected gear.

If he really wanted low APS with high survivability (which seems to me to be his goal), he would have been better off just getting Warsong and Puzzle Cube ornies.

Archer's aren't expected to have high aps (at least not as much so as a sin or BM) as they're usually considered a more skill-based/DPH class, so that comparison isn't very applicable.
    Besides, TT99 r8 bow doesn't flaunt wasted money, just a lack of it or a lack of interest on OP gear. This sin's Sky Cover, Pan Gu, and garnet and sapphire gems do.
    I personally sport an LA/AA mix
    Um...was that a typo on your part, or did I just reply with a WoT to a troll post? b:sweat
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The fact that he spent so much money on gear that he could have better spent on other things for less money and more effect.

Pan Gu while only 2aps r8 and no 2nd cast legs.
    Vana bracers and TT99 LA ornies. Why specifically spend more money to gimp yourself?
    No shards in daggers.
    Sky cover...good ring, yes, but only if you already have ****-loads to spend, no other gear to improve on, and a number of attack levels already stacked. At his state, r8 ring would be more beneficial.
    Garnet and Sapphire gems in his helm.
    Flawless citrines (except one immac in his pants).
    Amber in his pants.
    Bracers aren't sharded.
    Level 1 ring engravings.

Tl;dr, only everything. Specifically money wasted on OP gear that won't have much effect with all his neglected gear.

If he really wanted low APS with high survivability (which seems to me to be his goal), he would have been better off just getting Warsong and Puzzle Cube ornies.

Archer's aren't expected to have high aps (at least no as much so as a sin or BM) as they're usually considered a more skill-based/DPH class, so that comparison isn't very applicable.
    Besides, TT99 r8 bow doesn't flaunt wasted money, just a lack of it or a lack of interest on OP gear. This sin's Sky Cover, Pan Gu, and garnet and sapphire gems do.

Um...was that a typo on your part, or did I just reply with a WoT to a troll post? b:sweat
    He meant to type ha but was fapping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh this is cute ^^

oh wait ..... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    witniss wrote: »
    He meant to type ha but was fapping
    I figured something like that. b:laugh
    Oh this is cute ^^

oh wait ..... b:shutup
    I always thought he was just a cute, casual, char played by someone who either didn't fully understand how to gear a sin or use shards, or didn't really care. Now, though...I'm just appalled.

I should see if I can find him white-named sometime. I'm pretty sure he's dumb enough to not use safety lock or GSs, so I may be able to get his tome off him. -evil grin-
    ~Spazz~
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I figured something like that. b:laugh

I always thought he was just a cute, casual, char played by someone who either didn't fully understand how to gear a sin or use shards, or didn't really care. Now, though...I'm just appalled.

He probaly just wants to have fun and doesnt care. Was his pq ring made?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My guess is that he got his PQ ring cheap (i.e. got lucky making it or from a pack).

Other than that his priorities and logic are pretty bad.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My guess is that he got his PQ ring cheap (i.e. got lucky making it or from a pack).

Other than that his priorities and logic are pretty bad.

I was thinking the same thing. He might have just been very lucky with packs. Like getting the garnet gem in a pack and not even knowing it should go in his weapon so he put it in his helm.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the scenario is that he cs'd packs to gamble as that's what most first time csers do, and got very lucky. If the helmet was manufactured by him, then I'd say he got his tome, ring, and helmet from packs.

But still, he has no clue on what gear is optimal for his character.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:surrender
    /2muchax
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    His helm wasn't made by him, ring wasn't made at all (so you're right on the luck with packs. I had forgotten about that), rest of his craftable gear was made by him.
    ~Spazz~
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No.. I was seriously, my gear is LA/AA. I restatted Str to mag that way I could use arcane stuff for mdef and LA stuff gives me better Mdef than HA plus it still has Pdef. It's a pretty pro setup, I used to be LA/HA hybrid for aps and stuff but that's so stupid now I have so much mdef and I'm a pro tank
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    No.. I was seriously, my gear is LA/AA. I restatted Str to mag that way I could use arcane stuff for mdef and LA stuff gives me better Mdef than HA plus it still has Pdef. It's a pretty pro setup, I used to be LA/HA hybrid for aps and stuff but that's so stupid now I have so much mdef and I'm a pro tank
    ...Have you not heard of elemental ornies? (Cube and Warsong). You can also use Cloud Stir (Still have decent add-ons for physical classes) for mag def.
    ~Spazz~
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...Have you not heard of elemental ornies? (Cube and Warsong). You can also use Cloud Covers (Still have decent add-ons for physical classes) for mag def.

But if you use elemental ornies, where else are you gonna get evasion from? ALWAYS save your ornies for LA or you won't be able to dodge anything.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    But if you use elemental ornies, where else are you gonna get evasion from? ALWAYS save your ornies for LA or you won't be able to dodge anything.
    Oh, right... gotta hold onto that 300 extra evasion!
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    Oh, right... gotta hold onto that 300 extra evasion!

Typh y u no on skype
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Typh y u no on skype
    I hate Skype and Skype hates me.
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    I hate Skype and Skype hates me.

Orly how so?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have and like Skype!
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    I have and like Skype!

Add me thunder scumb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Add me thunder scumb:chuckle

But I don't know your Skype name
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    But I don't know your Skype name

Well I'll have to remedy that then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Well I'll have to remedy that then

How so?
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    How so?

Check your Pms
    Fairly certain I sent it to that zanryu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Check your Pms
    Fairly certain I sent it to that zanryu

Thou hath been added
  • witniss
    edited August 2012
    Thou hath been added

Heh heh eheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    He probaly just wants to have fun and doesnt care. Was his pq ring made?

Probably an alt made on the cheap and the good things he's got like the Pan Gu come from the account stash.