cleric vs wiz pvp

Options
Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Cleric
Just a small clip of how I fight vs my wiz friend. Feel free to comment and leave questions/ideas etc. Will try to fight other classes as well that are close to my gear level so please let me know which one you are most interested in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z48uq5VrXI&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why don't you use plume shot?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why don't you use plume shot?

Haven't watched yet, but at a certain point most wizards' pdef will be higher than their mdef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    U_Sasuke pdef is around 12k self buffed he's all garnet build and sage plume shot doesnt cast as fast as demon. Though I use it when he fights me with his anti metal damage genie.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Haven't watched yet, but at a certain point most wizards' pdef will be higher than their mdef.

This.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

While their pdef is substantial they only have one physical skill (excluding genies) and you are safer to use dimensional seal immediately after they use Blade Tempest. Then their pdef will be lower and so will yours, but they won't have options to do phys damage to you.

Just gotta recognize them either dropping BT or burning their sparks.

Good use of sleep-> ultraviolet->absorbing array, although I'd have also added the usual seals and self purify/spark.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    While their pdef is substantial they only have one physical skill (excluding genies) and you are safer to use dimensional seal immediately after they use Blade Tempest. Then their pdef will be lower and so will yours, but they won't have options to do phys damage to you.

Good use of sleep-> ultraviolet->absorbing array, although I'd have also added the usual seals and self purify/spark.

The only clerics that have managed to kill me couldn't do so without triple sparking. Plus I don't have an anti-metal genie on me.

BTW, Love it when MMs ticks my charm and it does absolutely nothing to heal my HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options

I understand that using the pdef debuff its a safer way to play vs wiz but I find plume shot (sage) to be too slow and low damage to consider it efficient against a high pdef opponent like this. I would rather gamble a higher damage crit with weild thunder (which have a high chance to gain me half a spark) and a faster cast cyclone followed with a faster cast elven boon that would still deal more damage than plume shot.

I totally agree magic debuffing yourself can go both ways and this is why in this case I only used it when I was going for a kill blow. As for the BT, that is easy to counter for me, just wear a pdef charm, no other wiz skill can knock it off giving me a sigh of relief in case he tries to use it, would hit me for around my half hp only making it successful with a critical hit.

Edit: I appreciate the feedback! Keep it coming and don't forget to let me know which other classes you would like to see me fight.