Wonderful Adventures in Lowbie Land

Options
2»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'll be on tonight then =D In say... 6-8 hours. Gotta finish these downloads and get some Zs. b:sleep b:bye

Aw, wish I had seen this post before I logged for the day.b:surrender
    Make a new character.... limp/run him over to FC... trade 5 hypers... Log to my sin and clear an FC/maybe with friends if im in a hurry... have a friend kill mobs for my new character... sell heads for the lvl range i need... and then im lvl 25+.... then repeat... till i get to the lvl i want... b:chuckle **** bh's

Then you miss out on the wonderful adventure in lowbie land. b:surrender

i forgot to mention this: 2 of the 3 seekers there were using AA and the 3rd one using LA .. the sins were a "no" from the begining ..

But anyway, i know a few low lvls that know how to play =) ... and they are indeed nice people ..

WTF!

I don't really enjoy high level toons in squad, either. I prefer doing it "oldschool"---I even refuse to wine instances unless they're higher than 69. Doing otherwise is just...wasteful of experience. Low level BH is MEANT to be long. It's supposed to teach you what to do with your class.

+1000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Today completed my level 79 cultivation, have screenshots, here i s one of them:

Brigand killed.

To dig pillar not necessary to kill other boss.

Most dangerous were mobs (some of them had not less than 200k life and I killed near 65 of them while boss had 2300k).

Gratz :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Noobs at high level are awful enough. Why would I want to squad with them when they have even worse gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Gratz :)

Thank you. Got my Undine strike already.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My idea is that when you want the run to be just people at the level who need the quest you call it a Fun Run. So you WC for a BHxx Fun Run and everyone knows what that means. but to work people have to know what the term mens.

FWIW I have never done a single BH29 that wasn't soloed by a high level. Always curious as to what they are like.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
    edited July 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    My idea is that when you want the run to be just people at the level who need the quest you call it a Fun Run. So you WC for a BHxx Fun Run and everyone knows what that means. but to work people have to know what the term mens.

FWIW I have never done a single BH29 that wasn't soloed by a high level. Always curious as to what they are like.

If you were on my server, I'd run one with you. They are actually still pretty quick because level 40 is more than enough to do that dungeon just like all the dungeons. You have to be more careful though, as the exploding mobs actually hurt. It's funny watching new melees run into the tower although sometimes it can cause a wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »

wow. I admit, Ive levelled a lot of chars using my 101 herc to run all the necessary bh's but back in the old day on this cleric, all the bhs from 29 up (you'd always get a 4x or 5x helping in FB19) always contained squadders that were all closely levelled. It seriously was the way to learn your class and was exciting and great fun.

edit - we used to do quests together too, wow just remembered. All up the east coast, over to the central section, down around kings feast and over to the swamps. Butterflys, fishes, headless horseman and pirates, those were the days.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So what has been other people's experience with their alts?

I also noticed that there is some kind of "new generation" pre-100. I didn't really touch any of my alts around the goon periode. Just before, everyone only wanted aps sins for everything and anything. Just after, nobody could do a bh without high lvl or do fcc that wasn't bought. I was surprised and happy that there are a few more squads forming again. Especially on fcc (most of the alts I like enough to play them, got to 80+ by now), where there isn't 1 massively over-rated class anymore.

I should log on one of the lower alts, to see what you are saying about "Lowbie Land".
    Do you ever world chat in such a way that excludes high levels?

I'm allergic to wc, so nope. For lower bhs, I usually tried to do them with ppl of the lvl range. But when in a hurry (you know, that tiny bit exp needed to get your new skill) or if squad got stuck, I did log on 1 of the high lvls from time to time. I think that mostly happened in 59 when half squad left and some still need bosses, or in 69 when there was just to much fail.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    One thing I've noticed and felt the need to bump for as I level up my baby psychic. People rely on high levels way too much. You finally go through the trouble of getting a bh squad together, they are all at levels and maybe even someone doing an FB. You only lack one DD but that's no big deal and you go inside. Only for someone to go, "you know what it's too hard doing it on my own. Let's invite a high level." And whine to their friend that they need help. I personally find this a bit insulting, as it's usually done with a "we can't finish like this," because they are assuming the squad is going to fail before even the first mob is dead.

So I've made a new rule for myself. One that will hopefully cut down on the newb 100s now that FC is harder to find. If I agree to help you, and I join and you have a perfectly good squad for whatever you are doing. I will ask what reason you think you cannot handle it on your own. If you just say, "oh, we just couldn't find enough people." I will promptly tell you to just join an FC, since all your bragging about doing things the "legit" way and not buying heads is meaningless. Because 5 people should be more than enough. And I won't help you. I've seriously seen someone bragging about that, while the whole time every time I ran into this person they were begging some high level to join before the first mob was even dead. Personally I'd rather have the heads buyer with me in a 100 squad, at least that person is smart enough to figure out the most effective way of skipping content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm not a power leveler, I just enjoy playing the game. I used to really like playing with good squads. Now I see more squad wipes with level 100+ players than I ever saw with no one over 80. I wish factions would teach their members how to be a team INSTEAD of just pouring Exp on them in FC. I rarely join squads anymore even in my own faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh god. Fail squads. I've started streaming my FC/BH runs to my guildies because I was bored and wanted to show how some people were just downright horrible... or downright awesome.

For low-level runs, I'll admit, I run my alts with my BM or my seeker most of the time. If not, I always end up an hour, in BH51, squadded with morons who don't listen, aggro everything, whine, rage, don't know how to use their skills, and I have generally very unpleasant runs. So I've learned to become self-reliant. Why spending an hour with people whom I can't stand, when I can tackle the job myself under the 15- or 20-minute mark?

That's beside the troubles I have when I invite random people to my own little squad. I'm the healer, I'm the tank. I have zero problems living without the healer, but I very well know others don't. I try my best to tab in/out when people aggro, but in almost every run, there's at least one guy who's like... dedicated to mess my pulls and my aggro. I stopped healing those guys, my mystic ends up dying because my reflex line ends up killing me: Guy aggroes my mobs, I tab out, heal out of reflex, catch heal aggro, and then die.

That's 51. I'm not even giving a shot at 59 with squads at my level. Why? Because I don't wanna spend 3 hours raging. I want my experience to be pleasant, and even running with myself as the two main roles, I still have horrible runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I never play both healer and tank when I'm in a squad especially bh51 simply because both roles require you to be able to act quickly and predict what's going to happen ahead of time to maximize their effectiveness. And eh, I don't really mind if people choose to take a high level. I'm just annoyed when squad is formed, everyone is inside and buffing. And someone just assumes it's going to be fail and begs their friend to help as if every single last person they come across must all be so collectively fail. It's annoying because I could've gotten another squad that planned to do it at levels. And as a high level, I hate when people just want me to run their bhs even when they can do them themselves. I don't mind helping, but it should be with things you cannot reasonably be expected to do on your own.

As for heal aggro, I don't heal when someone is pulling. But if I see they are about to, I will try to get them an IH as they running to the mobs before they get too close. This way if they don't aggro them all I have time to say something without it being too late to prevent a wipe. Well I used to, fully admit to having rusty reflexes as I haven't played my cleric in quite sometime. So what i'm doing is good, but the last couple instances have shown me my timing is a bit off. Gotta get back into the groove of things.

And with BH51 it's always been my least favorite instance because you don't know what skills people have levelled that they need. This is because it's right after the 59 culti. For example if a barb wants to keep aggro while you aoe. He is probably going to want to use sunder. But, sunder is a 59 skill. So he could very easily not have it. BMs may very well not have heaven's flame. Clerics may not have BB. This results in doing groups by having three different dds each fight one mob often. Keeping that in mind will save you a lot of headache. You just cannot expect them to use all of their skills yet, because there is a good chance that they do not have them. It has nothing to do with them being fail, and every bit to do with them being inexperienced and working with what they have. At least in my experience. We're on the same server so me and you are both indeed 51, we have likely been running into the same people. At least I've been running into the same ones. In addition most people are saving up money for their TT70 gear and their ultis. So their gear is not up to level.

Usually this problem has resolved itself by BH59.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, I'm legitimately new to this game b:bye, and are things really that bad b:shocked?

I mean, I feed genie and stash away the free exp items from lucids and questmaster and keep my toons from leveling too fast b:surrender . Don't know of anyone else who does that.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't have 51 anymore for myself anymore, but I usually end up running for fac members and I WC for the remaining spots. I have much less problems this way because I end up clearing on seeker screen while I wait at bosses with BM. The seeker has more HP and his AOEs seem wider to me, so he's the perfect AOE tank, while my BM is the boss demolisher (perma 2.5 APS, deicides +10). By the time we're waiting on Rankar, I'm at Wyvern on seeker, and I might be clearing extra mobs just because.

I'm aware that at 60-ish, that not all clerics are gonna have their hour buffs, BB, or even purify. I know barbs won't always have AOE, and when they do, they use it by reflex... while I'm AOEing... and pushback everything out of my AOE range. It's something I can deal with. These people are learning, especially if it's their first character, and I'm fine.

But when you clearly issue warnings. "Stay back if you can't stand the AOE, don't attack/heal during my aggro runs"... and they respond with "Okay, gotcha!" and then they die because they don't pay attention... that's the problem. I'm constantly squadded with these guys.

I remember back when I was running 59 on BM/seeker. I thouroughly hated it. Sure, the clerics had BB by then and were decently geared. There's 3 classes (sin, veno and archer) I tend to watch for in 59 just because the way they handle the running mobs in 59.

The corridors are narrow.
    The runners run in the opposite direction from which you face them. They move 3 times.
    The mobs with runners are close to each other. Also, some roam around (on their way to Glut especially).

1. I pull on zeal on BM, or the veno pulls, and I'm ready to catch on seeker.
    2. Archer/sin/veno catch instead.
    3. They chase the mob...
    4. Which runs in other mobs... they're still chasing and aggro everything...
    5. Cleric is overwhelmed, doesn't know who to heal...
    6. Partial/full squad wipe. (Doesn't happen a lot more if I have my mains in, but...)

To this day, I still hate 59, and I refuse to go in there unwined if I have to kill all bosses x.x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Stop messing around with newbies and take Venus to 100 >.>
    and also.. what`s a BH39? b:laugh
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    and also.. what`s a BH39? b:laugh
    This is quest what players can do before level 100.
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Stop messing around with newbies and take Venus to 100 >.>
    There was a time when you bugged me about that.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]