Third Blessing

Options
Zorac - Raging Tide
Zorac - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
So we have Jones that gives +30 att lvls and we have O'Malley's that gives 15/15 Attack and Def so why not a blessing that gives +30 def lvls.

Sure not many people would rather have def than office, but for cata barbs in TW they would be great.

So who's with me and wants r9 or full nirvana tank barbs to have 50k+ hp and 50+ def lvls b:victory
Post edited by Zorac - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ok that was weird hurray for avatars that jump around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Can't tell if trolling or serious
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I approve +30 Def Levels, would make soloing squad-based things easier. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Can't tell if trolling or serious

Kind of half and half b:chuckle

But when you can't tell doesn't that mean I was successful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I approve +30 Def Levels, would make soloing squad-based things easier. b:victory

I'll solo you >.> b:chuckle
    Kind of half and half b:chuckle

But when you can't tell doesn't that mean I was successful

I suppose it could if I ended up picking a side and cared :P
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    No, just no.

We do not need anything outside of the game that makes it easier.

30 Defense Levels would result in people being even more ridiculous with their refines than they already are. Right now we got sins and BMs with +10 weapons running around with +4 armors. Well with a 30 Defense Level Blessing, we'll have the same people with +2 armors and +12 weapons.

Not to mention that the blessings are a bad idea to begin with. Hell, the fact that the blessings are gotten from Facebook to give PWI free advertising rather than an in-game quest tells you that even the PWE folk know how ridiculous the blessings are. After all, the more ridiculous they are, the greater incentive they are for people to do something.

And then there's the impact the blessings have on PvP. It's already obvious that a person with inferior gear can beat a person with better gear if the former has a Jones while the latter doesn't. Not to mention that the Attack Levels make PvP even more ridiculous than it already is. Of course, Defense Levels would not have a nearly as bad effect in PvP, as it'd just prolong the fights and allow people wiht mediocre gear to have a fighting chance.

The Jones' Blessing might be a decent idea for PvE, not so much PvP. The opposite would be true for a +30 Defense Level blessing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well with a 30 Defense Level Blessing, we'll have the same people with +2 armors and +12 weapons.

Def lvl blessings don't exist and Dreamweaver already has a +12 R9 Sin with +0-2 armors running around...it's too late.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Def lvl blessings don't exist and Dreamweaver already has a +12 R9 Sin with +0-2 armors running around...it's too late.

Well there's your problem right there

I'll re-quote it.
    Sin
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

HT has an archer with a r9 bow and lvl 7x mob drop armors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    HT has an archer with a r9 bow and lvl 7x mob drop armors

Give us screenies, we need to laugh. If true that's the epiciest fail of the year. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I voted yes.

For some class that could help for TW and PvP.

At that point of the game i don't think a bless 30 def will make the thing worse than they are atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    just thinking about a full josded psychic in whithe vodoo with deflv blessing...b:cry
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    just thinking about a full josded psychic in whithe vodoo with deflv blessing...b:cry
    I had the same thought. 3rd Stage R9 could have more than 170 def. levels b:laugh
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I voted for yes but i would prefer Warding instead of Defence since they are only usable in PVE. o'malley is just fine for defence lvl boost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this is a stray though i had a while back, make jones blessing into +45 slaying levels keeping all the extra pve damage while making them worthless in pvp and just leave the O'mallys blessing alone
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah, people are QQing about 30 defense levels, first of all... Attack / defense levels (from gears, mind you) have already broken the game long ago, blessings / R9 did that more. Might as well bring in defense level blessings while you are at it...

Also facepalm at @Jen... Seriously, people with sins with defense level blessing? They barely even use o'malleys as far as I can tell... Always jones blessing. Even more likely people with clerics (or barbs / venoes) would be using defense level blessings, so your point is not valid, sorry. You need to stop QQing about sin classes, seriously... They aren't even as OP as a bm...
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    More defense levels would make PVE much easier as anyone could tank / solo anything. You'd have people stop asking for barbs for BH for example or maybe they no longer need to bring clerics. This kills off class diversity. BP has already done this to a considerable degree.

For PVP its already pretty much impossible to kill barbs for most classes and people struggle a lot with other high defense classes like seekers and psychics. Defenses out pace damage at high refines since you have 10 pieces of equipment to refine for defense but only one piece you can refine for damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just a thought, but, instead of a Def lvl blessing, what about a bramble blessing? It could even stack with Venos Bramble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just a thought, but, instead of a Def lvl blessing, what about a bramble blessing? It could even stack with Venos Bramble.

now that would be amusingb:thanks
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I put "no". I don't think a def lvl blessing would do more harm then there is already with the other 2, but I'd rather see the blessings dissapear. The blessings are just a too big bonus compared to the gear/mobs/items/buffs ingame. The real ingame attack/def lvl bonusses are all small with the exception of the top-grade gear. Even full G15 set bonus is tiny compared to the anniv blessing. Seeker buffs are pretty much inexistant with the blessings. The teachers blessings are not even worth getting anymore.

So I rather see them removed or get them reduced to something similar to the teacher blessings.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I kinda like the idea someone had about changing it to slayer/warding levels. Would make pve for lesser geared ppl a bit easier. And well those who can already walk through the game wouldn't really make that much of an impact.

Btw ima fish tht uses O'malleys x.x

Does wonders when snake is **** you b:shutup