Dreamweaver World Chat language

Options
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
I am not sure if this is happening in other servers but in Dreamweaver this is not even funny anymore. In world chat rude players are free to type what they want including insults to other players. There are factions that log to do that all the time and pretty much nothing else. BL is only usefull to a point because even if players BL them they can still vomit their bitterness and low level vocabulary in world chat and everyone can read it. I dont understand the silence of the GMs and this is the only game that i know where this kind of thing happens without any kind of punishment. Sending a ticket is also useless. Let me know what you guys think and if this also happens in your servers. Thanx :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Thia_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    or realize that you could just ignore them
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why should I ? This game has determined rules or not? Why do we have to put up with it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    GM won't do anything about it since most of the players concerned in this matter cashed a lot of money.
    Just Blacklist them.
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So we kinda have rules in this game...if they spend money they can break rules? O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So we kinda have rules in this game...if they spend money they can break rules? O_O

It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but it's what seems to be the case anyway.

Even if they ''accidentally'' get banned for something, they are quite likely to get out of it by sending a ticket (I wouldn't be surprised if tickets are sorted by purchase history).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Make few screenshots of world chat, 4-5 at least. And don't forget to expand chat window to max. Then send ticket. It might help, cause those people could be banned for some time, day-two, week. Anyway, you'll get response that support will look into that problem, but they will not tell you if they'll ban that person.
  • andreemartinssss
    andreemartinssss Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thats the point, they spend cash on the game, why should gms do something to that players? what they would win if they ban that playrs? NOTHING, they will just loose money. sad but true i think
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sadly, every one of those teleacoustics used to spout drivel is earning PW some cold hard cash. And as we have all come to realize, cash is the only thing PW gives a rat's butt about.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I was always of the opinion that you shouldn't be allowed to use more than 6 teles per day/ per account. And there should be a system to auto-create squads for bhs. And a merchant-channel which works perfect-world-wide. But ofc this will never happen. And yup, ofc it's unprofessional that admins don't monitor world chat. I suppose it's the same problem on all servers, it's not DW-specific. Extreme CSer like AbdulK have to beg more than a half year 100x per day in world chat for an account bann. That's way too long. I wonder how long it will talke till rubber gets banned.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    TBH, go look at another server's world chat, like HL or RT. You'll appreciate the DW trolls a lot more. Most of them may make dirty jokes and then someone will get mad, and then they will continue to make dirty jokes. But i've been on all the servers, and DW is by far the nicest one that I could understand. There is a lot more trash talking of each other and putdowns on some of the other servers. Dramaweaver is more dirty jokes and relationship drama. It'll pass. OFC I Don't really know if the EU is friendly or not, haven't played there since it opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If you want to see daily stupid worldchat Drama come on over to HT. We probably have it the worst. It makes your servers look like angels comparatively sometimes...
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just BL them, I dont understand why you're trying to make it more complicated. Even if its against the rule, why go through so much trouble to get them in trouble. Blacklist them and move along with your life, honestly it seems like you want attention out of this.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    hehe dont need long bans if they made a auto-kick system.

auto kick system only applied to world chat. swear or use any word shortcuts to go around swear words should ofcourse be included.
    kick and ban for 5 mins each swear word or workaround word for swear in world chat.
    and then a maxiumum of 5 teles an hour pr account.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    GMs dont give a damn abot stuff like that.....last time i was being harrased by person calling me stupid ****** in whispers and even worse stuff....after reporting and showing screenshots only response i got was:"we advise you to blacklist that player"

i know there is lot of immature players(most of them make alts to offend) but in like every game it should be GMs job to deal with them....and not only to ban those alts....to give a permanent ban to that players ip address(so they cant even log in with their main acc)

but well we all know how pwi devolpers are and how they care only about $$ so yea....

i believe if you pay enough money you can share your racism all day on world chat and they wouldnt have balls to ban you and lose customers like that....(i know its their interest to make money....but some stuff shouldnt be tolerated especialy if there are rules about it)

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms/
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just BL them, I dont understand why you're trying to make it more complicated. Even if its against the rule, why go through so much trouble to get them in trouble. Blacklist them and move along with your life, honestly it seems like you want attention out of this.

Not trying to get attention to myself but to an issue i would like to see solved. The point is $$ is more important than rules? and if so can we all break a few then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andreemartinssss
    andreemartinssss Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    off-topic -~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Thia pm me ingame. NakedSoul :$
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's trolls everywhere, if really GM would care they would log time to time and check it, yes sometime it's aweful, i saw on HL a guy speak about ''hurt child'' for 3 hours, even if people SS and send ticket what that will change?

The forum is more moderated than the world chat in game.

I personally just ignore the world chat and i'm not someone who get easy chocked so i don't really care what people say in wc, but yea i guess some do and some probably don't think that not everyone in that game are 18+.

Edit: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol.

Whining about what other people say and wanting them punished for it is almost as immature as some of the trolling that goes on in wc. Blacklisting is by far the easiest thing to do in this situation. In most countries, free speech is a right for everyone, yet you want their right to free speech taken away?
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not trying to get attention to myself but to an issue i would like to see solved. The point is $$ is more important than rules? and if so can we all break a few then?

There is no issue, you're making it an issue. BL them and MOVE on. You're making it an issue by over dramatizing the situation.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The point is $$ is more important than rules? and if so can we all break a few then?

FC glitch, that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol.

Whining about what other people say and wanting them punished for it is almost as immature as some of the trolling that goes on in wc. Blacklisting is by far the easiest thing to do in this situation. In most countries, free speech is a right for everyone, yet you want their right to free speech taken away?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427367_444182515621820_1744652229_n.jpg

In this case, social reprecussions is a privately held company deciding to ban players for following their rules. And any resulting player blacklash from such lewd shouts. Although you are right about one thing, there are about four people that OP could blacklist and almost never see these discussions in world chat. Although I don't think that she has the thickest skin, seeing as dreamweaver is pretty tame compared to some of the other servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol.

+1

All i got from this thread is QQ why don't they **** and **** ? I ****ing hate that GMS don't do **** to CS's QQ why is this ****ing life so ****ing unfair?...

you are 103 and you just realized that $$$ > anything else in PWI? lol **** just get ****ing over it.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i see this being closed for necro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The problem with players swearing and circumventing existing filters, as well as players insulting or shaming other players in the game exists in all servers. I personally don't use WC or even have the tab selected because I find 99% of the chat going obnoxious and childish. If I do want to use it, I use my magical eye filter ability to look for relevant messages.

Yes, the GMs should monitor the chat and they do, just not 24/7 as it isn't possible. There are plenty of players who I personally know, and many who posted on the forums, saying they got a temporary in game ban for abusing world chat.

Since this topic isn't going anywhere positive, I'm going to lock it down - if you happen to see anyone violating the terms of service feel free to send screenshots via a ticket to http://support.perfectworld.com/

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.