Content Update PWI: Reflections

Comments

• _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    can anyone confirm if wedding candies to summerwind tokens trade will be introduced?

cause if so i could start to save up cash for this b:kiss
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My ears perked up reading it. ^^

It sounds good for helping to break up the intensely interwoven monopoly over TW, and making TW more attractive to players (like me) that had given it up.

As for getting smaller factions involved, its a great idea - but Im wondering if any of them would be looking at the 10 Million Minimum as cost prohibitive.

I wouldnt increase the faction size limit above 200 at this point anyway. Seems like that would defeat the point of the update.

+1 PW. I hope this works. *crosses fingers* b:pleased
  • ma1an
    ma1an Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    can anyone confirm if wedding candies to summerwind tokens trade will be introduced?

cause if so i could start to save up cash for this b:kiss

+1 b:dirty
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Where is the small faction building quests unless you got 10 000mill and can afford a base there are no quests like the trials where more than 6 members of small faction can even fight together till moari.
    And whats the only way to train for tw
    spend coin that small faction carnt afford then hope you last long enough to teach some of them how to build tower or be a catabarb.
    If bid fails you kiss your very hard earned coin goodby.
    b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • ZeroDivinity - Sanctuary
    ZeroDivinity - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    b:thanks
    Sounds like fun watching big tw faction have to deal with 7 tws within the same day.
  • Alumin - Sanctuary
    Alumin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like fun watching big tw faction have to deal with 7 tws within the same day.

+1 b:chuckle
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    EU servers are younger and there's no faction which can handle 7 TWs! !

I think the point of this update is you should not be able to handle 7 TWs and so the bigger factions with lots of lands cant just keep on getting more and more.

I have no problem with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merlox - Raging Tide
    Merlox - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012

yea ^ i think its epic and every one like it cuz it helps alot of factions that want to tw but cant cuz they dont have 200 r9 players and no i dont think u should increase the limit of players in a tw leave it at 80 per war i mean it keeps the power house factions from takeing more then 7 lands cuz they know if they do there will be a possible 7 way gank keeps the servers more balenced and gives some smaller factions a chance to be on the tw map make a lil money to help support there members.... i lied the only people that wont like it are the factions that want to own the whole map
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's not PWIs fault that your TWs only last 15 minutes. It's your fault for being in Drakon...

Speaking of the last known 200M bid...
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rubber08 wrote: »
    I think the 7 TW in one day is preety **** can you not think about the offciers that have to do formations....also for a good organised guild they can just divide the faction in 3 1atck teams including catas...2 defence teams .while the attc teams take out the first TW the 2 defense teams hold the next 2 tw`s to follow.when attck team is done switch and defence teams goes to next TW to follow preeteh easy to manage this for a good guild...cough cough Insurrect.

If you have 7 lands, then how you defend them is your problem.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, I think the best thing you guys can do about bidding is keep it coins only, raise min bid to 5m/keep max bid at 200m, and don't do any sort of refund. 5m seems just high enough to discourage fake bids while still letting the smaller facs not waste too much coin on bidding.

As for the seven-way gank, we all know that's not going to happen on HL to the guilds that'll need it done to them anyway since half the server is allied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well... this will be interesting I suppose... the only noteworthy thing of positive interest I saw was the new events they will be holding. PvP Morai event here I come >:O
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    New Pvp Morai event?
    Great now they making the new content directly for the HIGHEST of CASH SHOPPERS.
    Forget about the rest of the community, lets give just the HIGHEST lvls with the best CASH SHOPPED gears ANOTHER means of getting ahead of the "normal" player by bigger leaps.
    IMO you should just make an instance for R9+ then at least you wouldnt be implying that
    this "new" content was for EVERYONE.
    FAIL PWE. AS USUAL.
    JUST FAIL.
    edited August 2012
    New Pvp Morai event?
    Great now they making the new content directly for the HIGHEST of CASH SHOPPERS.
    Forget about the rest of the community, lets give just the HIGHEST lvls with the best CASH SHOPPED gears ANOTHER means of getting ahead of the "normal" player by bigger leaps.
    IMO you should just make an instance for R9+ then at least you wouldnt be implying that
    this "new" content was for EVERYONE.
    FAIL PWE. AS USUAL.
    JUST FAIL.

You do realize it's always been about the best gear when it relates to PvP anything since the game was created before the "cashshop" right?

And it's one thing compared to tons of other things they are releasing for EVERYONE.

Stonefaced unknown QQ as usual. Just fail.b:bye
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have always been against small faction TWs because that idea is just stupid. TW is an end game 80 vs 80 PvP instance.

Smaller factions will usually bring about 30 people max (who are not even 100 or well geared) while the opposition will bring out a 40k hp barb and 2 r9s to wipe them all off. That isn't TW... that's pk.

TW will become a lot healthier if people who have potential just leave their small factions and join big factions. At least 7 major factions that can bring out 80 people on a day would be nice. And 3 of these factions being able to have 120-160 online at TW time would surely bring back the TW fun.

Just my thoughts~ b:bye
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • jimbillybob46310
    edited August 2012
    Kawaii your absolutely correct PvP has been about gears. The DIFFERENCE is you used to have to EARN those gears. Now you can just hit the EASY button known as BUYING ZEN.
    Call it QQ if you like i dont care.
    ITS no different than your QQ about nerfed archer skills.
    I am entitled to my opinion same as you are.
    BESIDES anyone that has 1/2 a brain KNOWS PWE is just grasping for straws to try to keep some players from leaving to better games.
    This FAIL expansion is the prime exapmle of the FAIL company that runs PWI.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Kawaii your absolutely correct PvP has been about gears. The DIFFERENCE is you used to have to EARN those gears. Now you can just hit the EASY button known as BUYING ZEN.
    BESIDES anyone that has 1/2 a brain KNOWS PWE is just grasping for straws to try to keep some players from leaving to better games.

Its a F2P game.. you have no right to QQ about the cash shop.
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
    edited August 2012

Difference is mine is a legitimate reason to "QQ" as you will. I'm not raging about it more of just pointing it out :P.

And all updates we receive are from the Chinese version and has nothing to do with us. We just get what they get. So it has nothing to do with PWE as a company despite the mistakes they have made. The only thing they control game wise are the sales,items in the shop as well as your accounts. They have no control over what content we get. If you notice they want to have a customization for TW bidding that they will apply over it to attempt to make it cheaper.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• jimbillybob46310
    edited August 2012
    YES, only because they are smart enough to see that 10m for a TW will KILL TW, PERIOD.
    WTF would a small guild want to bid 10m to attack a land of a guild thats going to **** them?
    They see this and KNOW if they cant get that changed here TW for all but the big 3 or so guilds will be OVER.
    You dont have to like my opinions but remember, your perspective is not the only one.
    I , as well as so many others, just call it like we see it.
    I mean i dont blame them for trying to save PWI but it wont happen bailing water with a 5 gallon bucket when waters coming in 100X that fast.
    IJS
  • Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    First of all 10mil isn't a lot of money and every guild that can actually do TW properly, so to say, has more then 10mil at all time or can gather it fairly easily. And having a refund is also helpful for a guild that doesn't have too much money.

It's not all that hard to earn money in game and never cs if you are smart enough and put some effort into it.

If you don't like the game don't play it and save your nerves for real life problems.

Back to the topic, I think these new changes will be interesting to see and could bring many new challenges. I can also assume those new ways to lvl will have something to do with those Mark of Might options we have in gear panel and if they function like prestige boosts from orders it will be cool. :D

One thing about TW that would be nice to have is option to pick when you wish TW to be held if you are attacking, as it would be more friendly to people who play on server that isn't close to their time zone.
  • jimbillybob46310
    edited August 2012
    Sorry to those that CHOOSE to play on a server thats nowheres near their real time.
  • petrojohn
    petrojohn Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To rejuvenate the TW system and improve our over all game enjoyment, we need a few things:

1. New TW terrain. You can keep the towers, crystal, catas the same. But please give us some variety to our TW terrain. MAKE us THINK on our feet as our TW terrain can be randomly selected (like...out of 5 possible ones?)

2. Tower attack range should be doubled. Currently the range is far too short. An archer can barrage it without the tower fighting back. Maybe put in an interrupt or seal option for the Towers. Would be interesting to see the towers interrupting BB and barrages. b:laugh

3. Add mobs to our TW fights. Mobs that can blow up, that can debuff, etc... Just imagine a fight where you not only have to fight mobs but players too. The more challenge the more fun it's gonna be.

I would agree with 1 & 2, but 3.... idk. Neutral.

But anyway, big factions will have the priveledge of coins to fake-bid/bid, but it will also be much more fun to defend against more. All the ppl that are not in big factions now have a chance to take some lands and make their faction stronger with new recruits. This way big factions will have less alts in other factions, and less OP guys, making things interesting.
    I would say that i am not negative about the changes, but defenatelly you guys should create some new TW maps.
    If in all of those new maps you need to follow the same "tactics" to win, then don't bother. We need maps that can give the chance to every decent faction to have a victory if they play wise enough. And that is something that all ppl and factions want.

We all want decent & fun TW's, and the chance to prove that gears/experience rate is not that high. We need all the kind off ppl in order to keep on having fun and keep things interesting. We need the trolls, the carebears, the old players, the players that CS and the players that worked their @sses to get their gear.

We, both you and us, the players and the gm's, all want to keep things alive and interesting, but simple changes doesn't work. Your job is to get the feedbacks and do your job.

Do your job guys.
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have always been against small faction TWs because that idea is just stupid. TW is an end game 80 vs 80 PvP instance.

Smaller factions will usually bring about 30 people max (who are not even 100 or well geared) while the opposition will bring out a 40k hp barb and 2 r9s to wipe them all off. That isn't TW... that's pk.

TW will become a lot healthier if people who have potential just leave their small factions and join big factions. At least 7 major factions that can bring out 80 people on a day would be nice. And 3 of these factions being able to have 120-160 online at TW time would surely bring back the TW fun.

I think your completelly right i know ill make alot of people mad with this post but its true i see alot fo end game Full R9 +12 in small facitons that never get anywhere. i even see them factionless. WHy have that kind of gear if ur not going to be in a end game faction. Band together join a TW faction and these factions make a difference in tw. Perhaps PWI should make different types of TW's that people can chose from that away the smaller facitons can have a TW and the bigger factions can have a TW. Dedicate certain lands to certain factions. This would make more more sence.

Perhaps they can change the way tw can ran all together the way every one is equal when they go in the instnace. For example When entering TW everyone automatic reaches level 100 like other games do. And it makes more sence. And it creates ballance based on skill not gear.
  • Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    Pinkpearl - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's the thing I'm looking forward to watch, too. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
    edited August 2012
    I think your completelly right i know ill make alot of people mad with this post but its true i see alot fo end game Full R9 +12 in small facitons that never get anywhere. i even see them factionless. WHy have that kind of gear if ur not going to be in a end game faction. Band together join a TW faction and these factions make a difference in tw. Perhaps PWI should make different types of TW's that people can chose from that away the smaller facitons can have a TW and the bigger factions can have a TW. Dedicate certain lands to certain factions. This would make more more sence.

Perhaps they can change the way tw can ran all together the way every one is equal when they go in the instnace. For example When entering TW everyone automatic reaches level 100 like other games do. And it makes more sence. And it creates ballance based on skill not gear.

Some people in that kind of gear are in small factions / not in any at all ( I myself fall under this category atm) because we don't LIKE any of the TW factions or don't get along with certain members in them.

For instance for me personally,

I don't want to join the #1 faction because I'm against fairweather fan bandwagoning and I enjoy being against a tougher opponent.

I don't like the other top 2 factions due to either members in them or they didn't like me from prior TW / PVP engagements. (Some people hold grudges and take the game too seriously b:chuckle)

The rest wouldn't really stand a chance anyways, not to mention most of them are leaving for a certain release this month
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well the new way to gain exp looks interesting... Hopefully also for the 80-100 lvl's... I hope Morai won't be a full PVP area though... But other then that... Meh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2012

It's a shame that your thoughts are, as far as my server is concerned, utterly and completely wrong.

Yes, there is *always* at least 1 faction that's fully capable of steam-rolling anyone on the map. The solution to that is to not bid on that faction - bid on the ones that hold 1-2 territories. Then you get a good TW, and have fun.

Trust me when I tell you that any of those big players in your #3 and lower factions will not stay in those factions - they will leave and hop into the larger factions. If there is anything useful I learned over the years of TW is that Faction Loyalty is measured in weeks to most players in this game. Above a certain level of damage, those players will always migrate to the bigger faction. Then the lower factions end up competitive with each other, and the r9 +eleventy players get the prestige of being in the big faction - and no real TW's for their trouble.

The fun is at the low end - not the high end. Those 3 hour TW's are held between the #5 and #6 faction, every week. The #1 and the #2 spend their time WCing their E-peens and having 15 minutes TW's, every other week or so.

Enjoy 'em!
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Some of those well geared players are simply so annoying nobody in those stronger factions want them. Others probably don't care for all the seriousness in those factions. Like when I joined the top faction on my server it was like trying to apply for a dang job. Even had an interview in vent and had to answer all these friggin ret@rded questions about my character and even personal life and sht. I thought that was gey as hell. Sometimes those TW factions are just too serious for people who just want to have fun and play the game.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally some interesting things to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Peanut_MMs - Heavens Tear
    Peanut_MMs - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    QQ big guild so mad now and trash anyone speak up in fav of the change? FAIL!!!

Drakon is the best !

go apply ! http://www.dragons-pwi.net/