Why nobody wants them?

Comments

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Both? It depends on your class. Sins are based on DPS not DPH otherwise they would be decked out in Full R9 and using Chill of the Deep, not garbage gear to keep interval as high as possible for aps.

I'm not a serious 1 vs 1 PKer (only thing I find fun anymore is TW) but I've heard many claim that Sage CoD R9 Sins who know what they doing to be one of the most frightening classes to face one on one. And that class as you know is purely DPH. Anyway... non-zerk sins are little more than an annoyance to my R9 Seeker. They just can't wittle down my HP quick enough to beat my charm without demon sparking first. And I'm sure other HA classes such as Barbs and well geared BMs can say the same thing. And I can't imagine it being that much different with the G16 daggers whose extra attack levels will also be completely cancelled out... unless of course the Sin is lucky enough to roll 2 x int. on the daggers but even then... they can't kill me quick enough to stop me stomping their squishy butts. b:laugh

Zerk crit +12 damage on the other hand ?

Well to put it simply I can't afford to fool around when facing one of those. b:chuckle
    And I can't take a sin as a serious TW class at all. And most major TW factions will agree. Sure 1 or 2 to sneak around and attempt to kill the end end DDs/clerics is fine but not 20+. At one point TW factions were declining sins at application regardless of their gear on my server.

Well yes I tend to agree about Sins being not really that needed in TW. But if a faction has enough of them they can suppress your Clerics to the point that it will leave your cata squad vulnerable to other casters.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I prefer a reliable hit vers "oh It may zerk crit" Currently my unrefined G16's hit as hard as the g15's +10 they use to be without zerk and are just a tad lower than my +11 R8's.

Oh KawaiiJen did you make a char on RT's? I keep seeing a KawaiiLen and figuring its you
    No the name Kawaii is Japanese for cute or beloved, so people using that in their name is quite common. At one point there were like 6-7 Kawaiis running around our server. (A few claiming to be me -_-)
    I'm not a serious 1 vs 1 PKer (only thing I find fun anymore is TW) but I've heard many claim that Sage CoD R9 Sins who know what they doing to be one of the most frightening classes to face one on one. And that class as you know is purely DPH. Anyway... non-zerk sins are little more than an annoyance to my R9 Seeker. They just can't wittle down my HP quick enough to beat my charm without demon sparking first. And I'm sure other HA classes such as Barbs and well geared BMs can say the same thing. And I can't imagine it being that much different with the G16 daggers whose extra attack levels will also be completely cancelled out... unless of course the Sin is lucky enough to roll 2 x int. on the daggers but even then... they can't kill me quick enough to stop me stomping their squishy butts. b:laugh

Zerk crit +12 damage on the other hand ?

Well to put it simply I can't afford to fool around when facing one of those. b:chuckle

Well yes I tend to agree about Sins being not really that needed in TW. But if a faction has enough of them they can suppress your Clerics to the point that it will leave your cata squad vulnerable to other casters.

On your first note. The G16 daggers not only give 10 more attack levels, but they refine 2 grades higher AND their base damage is increased. So the actual DPS increase can be as high as about 20% more then r9 before zerk crits and even higher compared to G15 Nirvana. Once your build is completely done, most sin pretty much can't kill you no matter your class by pure dps unless they triple spark as well. I've played around against a Full R9 Sage CoD sin. Yea he hits hard, but due to the lack of good combination skills they still fall short of getting a killing blow before your charm cooldown is up without getting at least 1-2 zerk crits in.

And if there are that many sins around trying to kill the clerics that means there is less support and DD classes around for the front lines / cata squad. And that just has doomed to fail written all over it. :/
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No the name Kawaii is Japanese for cute or beloved, so people using that in their name is quite common. At one point there were like 6-7 Kawaiis running around our server. (A few claiming to be me -_-)

Thank you :)
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2012

On your first note. The G16 daggers not only give 10 more attack levels, but they refine 2 grades higher AND their base damage is increased. So the actual DPS increase can be as high as about 20% more then r9 before zerk crits and even higher compared to G15 Nirvana. Once your build is completely done, most sin pretty much can't kill you no matter your class by pure dps unless they triple spark as well.

Which sort of comes back to my original point. At "end game" when everyone is R9 or more recently... full 3rd cast Nirvana armor with it's even higher Phys defense stats than R9... pure DPS will no longer cut it. Only thing that gives Sin a chance is zerk crit. And yes... one of those landing is a bit of a gamble but as I pointed out in my first post... Sins having high aps (and extremely high crit rate) increases the odds considerably compared to a melee skill spammer or axe BM trying to land a zerk crit.

Because of the above it's actually theoretically possible (and I suspect common enough) for a Sin to pull off a chain of 2-3 zerk crits in one attack.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because the not-so-rich don't want to re-refine a g16 dagger, and because the rich have R9 for both attack levels and GoF and the possibility of further OP upgrades.

@Hex
    Enough archers and/or wizards will suppress everything in TW.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In PVP many players are now so OP geared that Sins now find themselves fighting opponents whose defense levels nearly or (example, R9 Seekers and Psychics) completely cancels out their attack levels. If fighting someone like that, good luck with your G16 daggers then. b:bye

Hey look I said Wizzies archers and clerics, you could throw mystics in there too but they usually aren't towards the back. My sin 1 shots with a non crit out of stealth any of those with less than 8k hp give me a crit and I can take down stronger peeps and I only have g13 daggs lol. Give me r9 or g16 dags I'll have over 140 attack lvls (I'm at 105 now). So how about you read what I post next time.

Bramble > sin Sorry :P

When 1 shotting bramble does nothing but tick my charm before i stealth. Only time bramble bothers me in tw on my sin is against barbs, bms and seekers since they tend to have high p def and high hp. But I'm usually not stupid enough to fight them lol. Most of the time my bow can purge them first anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how much do you pay for warsong neck? considering it take 9 to make a g16 neck... and are you going to leave it at stock without refines? The break even point for p.def is at +6 while at +12 there is a 1.3k p.def advantage. Throw everything in... and g16 belt will cost more then r9. I should probably also point out the 5 def level vs r9's 23 (include bonus) atk level trade off. Guess warsong gives 150 more hp, vs r9's 10 extra mag points. I would much prefer my cleric to have some teeth on her... instead being a meat shield that never step outside of the kitchen.

I spoke about a belt ijs not a neck.... unless on your server you can make belt with neck. xD

But ye about the price i had something else in mind, yea R9 is cheapest.

You know how much the 5 def lvl give more on survivability vs the 23 attack lvl on attack?

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=700&u=15458938

The red arrow are the damage index and the green arrows are survival index.

Sorry but as cleric i'll take the 91.9k survival more than the 6k attack, but ye i must be a fail cleric to think to my survivability before my attack. :S

Edit: i forgot to say that the Ss is the exact same gears (R9) just changed the belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    LOL i tought it was only me thinking they are a better choice :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was wondering

g15 sac strike, 5 aps, demon sin, 63 attack lvls total, +10 weapon, 1 garnet gem

vs

g16, 5 aps, demon sin 103 attack lvls, +10 weapon, 1 garnet gem

Of the two, which would be doing more damage in a PVE setting?

Assuming same amout of dex, str, other atrributes, which of the two builds will hit harder, have better survivability?

this demon 4aps monkey http://pwcalc.com/4c8d74ca6d365c81

and this sage skillspammer http://pwcalc.com/5e17bc01bd886814
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I spoke about a belt ijs not a neck.... unless on your server you can make belt with neck. xD

You know how much the 5 def lvl give more on survivability vs the 23 attack lvl on attack?

Sorry but as cleric i'll take the 91.9k survival more than the 6k attack, but ye i must be a fail cleric to think to my survivability before my attack. :S

Edit: i forgot to say that the Ss is the exact same gears (R9) just changed the belt.

Eh I'd g16 a JR belt for cheaper than a warsong belt, but then you do lose the lovely extra hp :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So when are the Users of the awesome and uber awesome g16 weapons gonna post VIDEOS of the awesome uber awesome damage they do with them? I wanna actually see those huge red numbers. Then i'll be a believer , short of that r9ftw. b:bye
    edited August 2012
    Eh I'd g16 a JR belt for cheaper than a warsong belt, but then you do lose the lovely extra hp :<

Possible i don't know the exact stats of JR belt, i just wanted to show that people doesn't use the best for their class, as i show a 91.9k survival more is better than 6k attack for a cleric.

I'm too lazy to make a pwcalc with JR belt to see if it's better, but i think JR just give attack not def right? So in that way i think R9 belt would be better than JR for a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• pawnshopsss
    pawnshopsss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this demon 4aps monkey http://pwcalc.com/4c8d74ca6d365c81

and this sage skillspammer http://pwcalc.com/5e17bc01bd886814

Hey man if we are suppossed to pay that amount of money to get the gears u show in calc so we are a killing machine i think i better not be a killing machine but a noob sin and buy me a car...lol
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bah, about time an actual assassin chips in on this forum post.

5aps vs 5aps.
    g15+gof vs g16+40attack lvl

Analysis:

-Average dps of g16 should be 20% more.
    -pve, g16 is superior; no loss of hp, and more dps
    -pvp, g16 is superior: consider that those who get one shot from zerk crits are easy to kill even if you don't get the zerk crit. The people who actually are difficult for an assassin to kill, namely, the r9 +12 jades characters, will very very very rarely die from a zerk crit, even if its a triple sparked one. Exception might be a sage sin, but most are demons with an aps build, and this is what I am interested in. With gear this good, dps is far more important than dph. Instead of the typical hit-hit-hit-hit dead person, its more like stun-hit 4 seconds-tackling slash-throatcut-hit 3 seconds-(whatever). A stun lock. Dps >>> dph, thus g16 > g15

4aps vs 5aps.
    r9+30attack lvl+gof vs g16+40 attack lvl

Analysis:

-The increase from 4aps to 5aps is 25% increase in damage
    -gof is 20% proc rate, thus 20% more dps
    -Taken together then; 40-30 attack lvls = 10% to g16; 25% - 20% = 5% to g16; thus g16 should do 15% more dps on average than r9
    -pve, g16 is superior on bosses that don't move for dps and lack of a hp loss due to zerks. For non-moving mobs, g16 is superior; for mobs that move, r9 has the +2 range that can make it far easier and swifter to kill mobs, since you can teleport to a mob, and even if it moves, it'll be inside your attack range
    -pvp, g16 wins for dps, but r9 still has the all-important +2 range. With this add on a weapon, a sin can teleport to somebody and hit them several times before they move out of range, a move impossible for a g15 or g16 assassin. Furthermore, skills such as rib strike and deep sting and throatcut are increased to 4.5 meter range; if two sins run at each other with comparable lag, the r9 sin gets his spell off just a little bit sooner. If a sin ports to a target and tries using deep sting, the g15/g16 sin will usually not get it off, because the target only has to run more than 2.5 meters to be out of range, instead of 4.5 meter range for r9. Furthermore, r9 has nearly as many attack lvls as g16, thus the dph potential is far greater than either g15 or g16. In conclusion, r9 probably still holds an edge in pk, though both are quite a bit better than g15.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would totally go g16 daggers especially based on the fun stat adds I've seen on some that people have made (I love variety in weapons!), but tis just not cost effective to transfer high refines, even once. Sin is not my main and never could be; in spite of how much I enjoy playing her, in non-fcc/Nirvana/TT environments most people don't want sins around, except maaaybe for bp. As she functions well for the roll she plays, aside from increasing her armor refine levels, I find there's no need to update her weapon.

I understand the reason people like zerk at least in pve situations (I don't pvp on physical dd characters so I can't really comment on what is so good about it in that case); since Sins are high DD but on average are short sustain (as apposed to say, a Barb, which would be lower DD but long sustain), for a Sin who would be soloing things it would be to their benefit to increase their chance to do loads n loads of damage. With high crit chance and high aps, yeah with zerk daggers doing less damage than g16 it's plausible they'd maximize their damage more than with non zerk g16s.

Mostly I think it's just a case of besides a few ungodly rich people and 1v1 pking enthusiasts, most people have sins just for farming, and it doesn't pay to invest that much in upgrades when the 'basics' do well enough.
  • JadedDream - Raging Tide
    JadedDream - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bah, about time an actual assassin chips in on this forum post.

stuff

but r9 still has the all-important +2 range.

Waits for one to post, since you don't seem to know the possible adds on T3 daggers and want to talk about range

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34779
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Best daggers:
    1.G16 rank 9[3rd recast or not]
    2.G16 nirvy
    3.G15 nirvy
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012

Allow me to chip in. The problem with always going for defense is as others have stated; you are a meat shield with fangs made of paper. Even the least sin won't be afraid to attack you. I don't know how the heck that attack # is formulated, but a cleric that hits 20% harder is rather more fearsome to a potential attacker; 40k, 20% more aught to be at least 48k. Whatever. When a sin attacks my cleric in pk, they know darn well that if they mess up, my cleric can one shot their *** with relative ease. Instead of a warsong belt, I'm rather more in favor of spending the money instead on a physical ring in place of a 2nd magic one. Same reasoning as to why not ditch the r9 ring: it adds a huge amount of damage, thus making cleric more dangerous to attack. Maybe a cleric with physical ornaments takes a few seconds longer to kill, but unless you think you can convert those extra seconds of survivability into ensuring your attacker dies, then its for naught. There is a heavy armor cleric on DW, and he's decidedly more difficult to kill than a regular cleric, but without serious damage, I can take many risks attacking this cleric and expect to survive quite well, thus I have far more opportunities to kill.

In TW, I used to be the cleric who only ever healed, and that was well and good till the enemy realized I was the toughest cleric to kill in my faction, and more ppl targeted me. I realized that often the best way to ensure that a sin attacking me doesn't stealth and come back a moment later to finish the job, is to make sure that particular sin is dead. This I can actually accomplish when I hit hard, which the r9 belt is necessary for.

Ha, if you really want to survive, do what I did long ago and get a purify r8 reforge weapon, or if your *** is made of gold, get r9 3rd cast, its so very worth it.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Waits for one to post, since you don't seem to know the possible adds on T3 daggers and want to talk about range

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34779

If you get adds that lucky, do let me know. The odds are, as you'll understand, rather slim, but I do concede the possibility, and should you get these stats, then I would say for pk against well geared characters, g16 > r9

Ah, why not, the odds are exactly, 0.05*0.09*0.09, or 0.00405; aka 1/250 chance of getting this set of stats. At roughly, lets say we are very frugal, 5mil a roll, you could spend as much as r9 daggers to get this exact set of ads. Not particularly convinced its worth the effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah, why not, the odds are exactly, 0.05*0.09*0.09, or 0.00405; aka 1/250 chance of getting this set of stats. At roughly, lets say we are very frugal, 5mil a roll, you could spend as much as r9 daggers to get this exact set of ads. Not particularly convinced its worth the effort.

Dude, it's 0.000405, not 0.00405, so it's actually 1:2,470.

Of course, the range is going to be a convenient thing, but it's less relevant to Assassins, considering that we got two teles and two running skills. And you can still start your attack with a normal attack, which would cause your character to move into range for those, then activate a skill before your character starts normal attacking.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2012
    Dude, it's 0.000405, not 0.00405, so it's actually 1:2,470.

Of course, the range is going to be a convenient thing, but it's less relevant to Assassins, considering that we got two teles and two running skills. And you can still start your attack with a normal attack, which would cause your character to move into range for those, then activate a skill before your character starts normal attacking.

Did I miss a few zeroes somewhere? Oops, lol.

Edit, 1 zero. And I highly disagree with you, having used both daggers extensively in pk and pve; the range is of the utmost importance. The time lag having to run a bit closer can make all the difference in the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And I highly disagree with you, having used both daggers extensively in pk and pve; the range is of the utmost importance. The time lag having to run a bit closer can make all the difference in the world.

Not to mention being able to attack most melee classes/mobs outside of their own melee range when they are immobilized with Tackling Slash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    @Azzazin: Well normally in TW if the cleric is attacked the squad should take care of it.

Like i said it's personal choice, but as cleric i prefer the 91.9k (123k self buffed) survival than 6k (still 6k difference buffed) damage and that was stat unbuffed, self buffed:

R9 belt = 51k attack index & 331k survival index

Warsong= 44k attack index & 454k survival index

Which mean still only 6k attack difference for 123k survival and it's only self buffed, fully buffed the survival go higher while the magic attack doesn't move and if you can kill a sin with 51k attack i can do it with 44k attack too ijs.

And as demon, even with warsong belt my attack is higher than a sage cleric with R9 belt. (spirif gift demon FTW!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2012

LOL. 91k survival index or even your 123k survival buffed index might sound like a lot. But lets face it... at +12 (do you have it at +12) that is about 10% extra p.def buffed. To buy and combine 9 warsong and refine it to +12 you are probably looking at around 2x the cost of r9. And lets face it... that extra p.def at +12 is not going to save you from an archer in TW.

It is your right to op for defense over offense... but to call people stupid because they did not go your route just show that yourself is an idiot.
    Which mean still only 6k attack difference for 123k survival and it's only self buffed, fully buffed the survival go higher while the magic attack doesn't move and if you can kill a sin with 51k attack i can do it with 44k attack too ijs.

By your own words... you can kill a sin with 44k atk index just like a cleric with 51k can. By same logic... you'll die just the same with 454k survival index that a cleric with 331k will.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited August 2012
    LOL. 91k survival index or even your 123k survival buffed index might sound like a lot. But lets face it... at +12 (do you have it at +12) that is about 10% extra p.def buffed. To buy and combine 9 warsong and refine it to +12 you are probably looking at around 2x the cost of r9. And lets face it... that extra p.def at +12 is not going to save you from an archer in TW.

It is your right to op for defense over offense... but to call people stupid because they did not go your route just show that yourself is an idiot.

By your own words... you can kill a sin with 44k atk index just like a cleric with 51k can. By same logic... you'll die just the same with 454k survival index that a cleric with 331k will.

If you think i use the warsong belt for the p.def you are wrong, it's for the 5 defense lvl.

If you think 123k+ survival doesn't make any difference on the survivability it's your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    If you think i use the warsong belt for the p.def you are wrong, it's for the 5 defense lvl.

against phy damage... the 1k+ p.def that you can get is going to matter more then 5 def levels... that is of course if you can get them. and regarding you 5 def levels... against me (for example) your precious def level is going to take off a whopping 2.5% damage.
    If you think 123k+ survival doesn't make any difference on the survivability it's your choice.

of course its my choice... and if you are using it for the 5 def level... your 123k+ survival index is the equivalent of taking 250 pvp damage less...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is a heavy armor cleric on DW, and he's decidedly more difficult to kill than a regular cleric, but without serious damage, I can take many risks attacking this cleric and expect to survive quite well, thus I have far more opportunities to kill.

Stuff

Ha, if you really want to survive, do what I did long ago and get a purify r8 reforge weapon, or if your *** is made of gold, get r9 3rd cast, its so very worth it.

Cheers,

Azzazin

I totally agree with Azzazin and have been on the wrong side of 1v1 95% of the time. Yes with my increased survival index I am able to last longer than a normal cleric but I am forced into defensive mode for the whole fight as my damage output is too low to worry him.

I have since upgraded my weapon to one with purify and also have more attack levels and mag attack and have found that sins on Dreamweaver are now more weary of me as I can oneshot them at any point while keeping high defences - just waiting to +12 and shard it. The purify proc is a life saver and has won me many fights since I have had it.

As a cleric being attacked by mostly sins in pk I would say that the ones with r9 /zerk weapons prior to the g16 ones were the hardest to deal with and not knowing when they would zerk makes for interesting timing on certain skills/genie/apo. I have only had a few fights with g16 nivana sins and they take down my charm fast but unless they can keep you locked up may not be able to take down some classes fast enough.
    edited August 2012
    against phy damage... the 1k+ p.def that you can get is going to matter more then 5 def levels... .

If p.def was so much better people would not bother to shard in JosD and would shard in Drakeflame ijs...

Anyway i'm done arguing with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If p.def was so much better people would not bother to shard in JosD and would shard in Drakeflame ijs...

For maximum effectiveness you need a balance between both Defense Levels and Defense. The Warsong belt does quite well at achieving such a balance, so there's no point in arguing over that.

Just by switching belts your survivability does not just go up by ~50%, though. It's more likely that this ''Survivability Index'' doesn't represent your real survivability all that well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012

Good thing you are done arguing... cause your jade argument is the most **** to date. People put jades because it give better benefit vs (even) drakeflames. With drakeflame's p.def you are going to get 1% additional p.def at best and it is a diminishing return. So its a comparison between 2 def levels vs. 1% p.def. And yet you are trying to compare that to additional 1.3k p.def on a ROBE (which would easily equip to probably greater then 10% p.def) to 5 def levels.