New Weekly Event?

Options
kenpachikensai
kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Any plans on giving us a new weekly event to replace the Celestial Tigers Event? One of the things I loved when the event first came out was seeing people and myself get lost trying to figure where everything was. Also, with the new expansions, the Earthguard City should be included in the event as well.
Post edited by kenpachikensai on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think they will. There's 2 new item slots you can equip and when looking on pwdatabase I see mentions of an event we don't have yet so that's my theory :O
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    A europian time-friendly event for players in US servers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Amen to this, won`t get up at 4 - 5 am in the morning for an event!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Amen to this, won`t get up at 4 - 5 am in the morning for an event!

Sure let's make it at 3pm server time where everyone in the US can't go because of work or school but the Europeans can do it just fine :P.

Sadly it'll always cater to the population that's close to the server first. Though it was nice when they made certain events happen twice a day but you could only participate in one a day. Daily Race is a perfect example.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sure let's make it at 3pm server time where everyone in the US can't go because of work or school but the Europeans can do it just fine :P
    Saturday/Sunday around noon server time. That would be acceptable to both sides.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Saturday/Sunday around noon server time. That would be acceptable to both sides.

Gl finding a staffing team that will want to work on the weekends to make sure hell doesn't break loose when it bugs like hell. (Skeleton rews don't count.) b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Any plans on giving us a new weekly event to replace the Celestial Tigers Event? One of the things I loved when the event first came out was seeing people and myself get lost trying to figure where everything was. Also, with the new expansions, the Earthguard City should be included in the event as well.

They won't be replacing the Celestial Tiger event, but we will be adding in some new repeatable events -- including one weekly -- soon. b:thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    They won't be replacing the Celestial Tiger event, but we will be adding in some new repeatable events -- including one weekly -- soon. b:thanks

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm for new events, but i wanna keep tiger, i love be first place on mystic and got DoT and great stuff every week. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ...soon...
    Last I knew, his version of soon was like 3-6 months. b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Soon.

Oh no, its the forbidden word!

Perhaps this new weekly would be the Morai PK event? I doubt that would be a daily/repeatable one.

Oh, and can we have the Nien event again sometime...soon?

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nien Event back plz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nien Event back plz.

What is it about the Nein Event that makes you prefer it to the Celestial Tiger event?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    What is it about the Nein Event that makes you prefer it to the Celestial Tiger event?

People liked stashing the boxes to their alts to level them. Also, the new version of it is currently the only way to get a set of permanent Gilded Ribbon Dress/Sleeves/Heels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    People liked stashing the boxes to their alts to level them. Also, the new version of it is currently the only way to get a set of permanent Gilded Ribbon Dress/Sleeves/Heels.

For me the only thing that matters is that dress. Other people really want that dress. Please tell you noticed all the comments about that dress during the whole horn spam thing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Well, this is just a personal preference, but here is why:

-It was on twice a day.
    -There was 3 stages to it, tiger event has 2.
    -You had minor quests you can do, mainly the run around Archosaur for contribution points.
    -It's something different to break the usual event Public Quest we have.
    -The packs were account stashable, making alts being able to gain some EXP/SP out of it.
    -The prizes were nice.

The Celestial Tiger Event is still nice, but it can probably use an upgrade, meaning like, make use out of Tellus City and it's surrounding areas. Maybe adding some other things we can trade Celestial Insignias for, like useful items like runes or apothecary items that give decent multiple buff effects.

You can probably make Nien Event a side event that you put in every so often, like the Archo Assualt, or the Quiz NPCs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It is going to be the morai weekly event to hunt for the teddy bear eggs.. b:bye
  • MrBeBo - Heavens Tear
    MrBeBo - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Or you could go to a European server, where the events are European time-friendly. b:shutup Just a thought.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think a very easy and dynamic change would be a modification of the wraith attacks. I know I harp on about this every 5 seconds but think about it.

1 - increase secret letter drops
    2 - change drop rates for the wraith mobs

Everyone can participate. You just go grinding on the main/alt of you choice to get a secret letter level appropriate. Then go nuts on the wraith for good drops/cool stuff.

This could happen anytime of the day, all levels can participate depending on where the attack is.

edit - I should mention I like the Archasaur Attacks but they are llooooonnnnnggggg. Wraith attacks are all over the map, short and profitable, thats why I like them too.