G16 Nirvana gear. What do you guys think.

Options
Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Cleric
Honestly, I've been disappointed with a few of the stats on it. The base defense and the +x% physical resistance adds are great, as well as the sheer volume of the stats, but a few things I liked about R8 or G15 Vana are the run speed boosts and the -channeling.

I'm a cleric who believe you should wear physical ornies. I've seen the loss in actual channeling speed over -34% and so about -30% has always been my goal, along with strong m-attack for heals, and good pdef. The only real variation from this I've considered was with R9 cleric's who's gear offers almost no -channeling but huge amounts of defense (have seen my friends tank Armageddon in TT3-3) so they used full R9 with -channeling necklace.

Anyway, I currently am using R8 top and G15 everything else but was hoping to upgrade to G16 so have been comparing the sets trying to figure out how to combine things.

Here's what I'm thinking:
~Wristguards to G16. -channeling and +phys resist=yummy.
~Boots will stay G15 for the run speed. Cleric's need that and the G16 offer elemental resist and stats.
~Pants- Same thing. G15 offers -channeling and vit. G16 again offers elemental resist and stats.
~Plate is a toss up. R8 has decent base defenses but a poor refine rate.
~Hat and Cape both have multiple options. Go G16, which is mostly stat add-ons. Stay G15 which both have crit% and pdef. Or go a different way entirely like Matchless Wings or Cloud Charger cape, or even Lunar Trophy cape to make up some -channeling.

There's also the possibility of going 2 pieces each for a 500hp and 5 attack level set bonus, or aiming for the +15 def levels of 5 pieces of G16 or +10 def levels of G15. Or even 6 pieces G16 for the +20 atk levels which is a huge boost over G15's 6 piece bonus of +3 def levels. If I do go G16 and get the def levels, would it be advisable to go for -channeling ornaments at that point, since G16 adds plenty defense and stats.

I guess what I'm asking, assuming I'm equal parts pvp, tw, and pve, and don't want R9, whats the best mix and match of gear that doesn't involve R9.

I'll work on a pwcalc for G16 but there are so many add-ons it won't let me modify gear enough to make my own.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you are in a faction who is addicted to trials, you could try to get 2 pieces of R8R to get the +900 HP bonus, which is nice with the +500 HP bonus you get with 2 pieces of G16.
    For instance, Boots and Chest R8R, and the rest as you said.

Here is my build, I never planned to get r9 either: http://pwcalc.com/50410168b4391f6c
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    For PVP/TW anymore, you really need the defense levels. Go either 5/6 pieces 2nd recast Nirvana or 5 pieces 3rd recast Nirvana. Up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    full s3 nirv is the way to go b:victory. tbh running speed doesnt really matter to me in pve or pvp since there's pots/genies to enhanced speed. and in tw clerics mostly stay on air x.x' ur wing speed is the only thing that matters and defense there.

you can also switch channeling orns with phys when you need so it doesnt have to be definate.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you are in a faction who is addicted to trials, you could try to get 2 pieces of R8R to get the +900 HP bonus, which is nice with the +500 HP bonus you get with 2 pieces of G16.
    For instance, Boots and Chest R8R, and the rest as you said.

Here is my build, I never planned to get r9 either: http://pwcalc.com/50410168b4391f6c

Nice weapon you have 23 def lvl b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Got to love free JOSD :3
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I also balked at the stats when I saw them for NV 3rd cast, but after I got it...I'm in love.

All 3 arcane chars share the same gear (veno, ep, mystic) so it ended up being a great option for me since its account trade-able. I have diff rings and orns on some but the tradable 3rd cast helped complete all their sets cheaply.

If you spend the time to get decent stuff(8% or more %resist) and higher stats, it's quite nice. It also refines very well. I did miss the -400pdef from loosing my 2nd cast hat/cape but I'm making up for it by throwing some garn shards on and refining to make up the diff in hp.

Over all, it has turned out quite nice. And the gear isn't even full +10 yes. Wep only +8. Other gear +7. Still working on resharding to garns.

Mystic stats (ep/self buffed)
    Hp/Mp: 9919/11094
    Mag attack: 14648- 18788
    Phys resist: 9155
    Mag resist: 18129/(23855 for wood/water)
    Attack lvls: 91
    Def lvls: 19

Cleric stats (self buffed)

Hp/Mp: 10450/10735
    Mag resist: 17781
    Phys resist: 6689
    Mag Attack: 14920-19145
    Attack lvls: 76
    Def lvls: 34

veno stats: (ep buffed)

HP/MP: 12544/7960
    Mag resist: 17700
    Phys resist in human: 6895 Fox: 11883
    Mag attack: 12568-15903
    Attack lvls: 91
    Def lvls: 19

So not a bad option if you

1) have a few chars sharing the same gear
    2) Dont want to pay for r9
    3) already had NV in the first place
    4) I think it's better for non-aps chars, since you loose the int on the pants for 3rd cast.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    And elem resist is more important than running speed.

I didn't notice any difference whatsoever when I lost the speed from 3rd casting my boots, but I sure noticed a diff in how hard I was hit by mag classes.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I would have to agree that if you are not going r9 then a full G16 nivana set would be the way to go. It gives you an increase in both your physical and magical defences, a nice amount of HP, defence levels and bonus attack levels.

I find that you wanting to keep high channeling and run speed as a priority a little bit strange. Most of our skills already have low channel time and the run speed is almost a non factor when running after squad members that are always intent on using all their speed moves + holypath...
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I actually got a different tiny question. My Cleric build was earlier aimed at the goal of 50 def levels.(15 from blessing, 10 from nirvy gear, 2 from necky, then try for R8 reforge). But when the G16 weapon came out, I feel its more of a way to go to aim the other way around. In TW I usually end up attacking alot more, as heals rarely make it in time with all the OP attackers around. And healing a squad member in the before time really havent done anything good other than getting me killed before the peep Im healing. Im therefore wondering if my new goal, wich is 100 atk levels, will be an okay way to go. Ill have 17 def levels, 100 atk levels, and somewhere over 10k phy def and HP when all is done. Already got stuff to make wep +11 when its ready.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I actually got a different tiny question. My Cleric build was earlier aimed at the goal of 50 def levels.(15 from blessing, 10 from nirvy gear, 2 from necky, then try for R8 reforge). But when the G16 weapon came out, I feel its more of a way to go to aim the other way around. In TW I usually end up attacking alot more, as heals rarely make it in time with all the OP attackers around. And healing a squad member in the before time really havent done anything good other than getting me killed before the peep Im healing. Im therefore wondering if my new goal, wich is 100 atk levels, will be an okay way to go. Ill have 17 def levels, 100 atk levels, and somewhere over 10k phy def and HP when all is done. Already got stuff to make wep +11 when its ready.

I'm kind of on an anti-def level kick *** well.

Def levels kick in after damage reduction. So if you have 70% damage reduction you are taking 30% damage and your def levels go towards reducing that. Let's say 50 defense levels reducing the damage you take to roughly 15% damage (before opponent attack levels). Now, say you upgrade your gear to have more defenses and now have 80%. The same 50 def levels now only reduce 10% damage. The higher the defenses on our gear the less useful defense levels are and most classes are hitting that turning point were def levels are becoming less useful than defenses/hp.

That's one reason. They other is that all the new tier 3 gear has 40 to 50+ attack levels. While def levels roughly cancel out 1.2:1 attack levels, the sheer amount of attack levels on a pvp opponent now can easily be 100+ and I find it better to reduce their overall damage, then to try to reduce the benefits attack levels are giving.

Of course, I shoot the numbers for each build I consider for both pve and a theoretical 50/90/110 attack level opponent and find def levels are better in some cases, worse than others. It's nothing absolute but the trend is the better the base defenses on the gear, the less use def levels are and the more attack levels your opponent has the less use def levels are.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

It sounds more like you're building a wiz than a cleric. I've always found defense levels to be a way better investment than attack levels, but I am rather biased as I like prioritizing survivability. (Fun fact, def levels increase a person's survival index far more than attack levels raise a person's damage index. That doesn't really mean anything definitive as I still haven't cracked the mystery that is how those are calculated, but it's fun to know!)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's one reason. They other is that all the new tier 3 gear has 40 to 50+ attack levels. While def levels roughly cancel out 1.2:1 attack levels, the sheer amount of attack levels on a pvp opponent now can easily be 100+ and I find it better to reduce their overall damage, then to try to reduce the benefits attack levels are giving.

Of course, I shoot the numbers for each build I consider for both pve and a theoretical 50/90/110 attack level opponent and find def levels are better in some cases, worse than others. It's nothing absolute but the trend is the better the base defenses on the gear, the less use def levels are and the more attack levels your opponent has the less use def levels are.

I cant say that i know how defence and attack level's work but i dont understand how the more attack level's your opponent has the less use def levels are? I would have thought if you have more def levels than your opponents attack level thats when they start to become less useful. Maybe someone can clarify this? b:puzzled

Surely the best route for survivability is negating an opponents attack level with defence levels in addition to countering their base attack with your base defence? Or have I been looking at this in completely the wrong way? b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options

Using 3 pieces AA and 2 pieces (cape and helm of LA?) for 700 more hp, even though it takes 50 more str to do so?

AA set bonuses are:
    2 HP +500
    5 DEF LV +15
    6 ATT LV +20
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It actually requires a little less strength to do because the cape gives a bit of strength, and you can always wear a +strength tome and engrave your rings. 700 extra hp for 38 strength stats (less if you use a better tome) is at least a better investment than putting it into vit. The helm at +10 gives almost 700 hp more than the AA hat...(partly because AA hats are dumb and only give extra mana)

Now the real question is this:

15 def lv with 5 pieces of the AA NV3c set or ~2k hp wad with the R8r set bonus and LA NV3c hat + cape you just saw in that guy's link...

Your decision should probably depend on how high you're going to refine your gear and what your hp and def levels are going to look like after you shard. In general, since Arcane hp sucks I'd take the hp...b:avoid

You'd probably want a R8r Purify weapon once you have the defense to take hits.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Unitarium - Archosaur
    Unitarium - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey guys.

About nirvana gear weapon grade 16.

I couldn't find ☆☆Spirit of Justice weapon grade 16.

Data base just show grade 15

☆☆Spirit of Justice ▼
    Type: Weapons
    Subtype: Polehammer
    Close Range
    LV. 15
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25659

How to know itens addons for this weapon when upgraded for g16 ?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey guys.

About nirvana gear weapon grade 16.

I couldn't find ☆☆Spirit of Justice weapon grade 16.

Data base just show grade 15

☆☆Spirit of Justice ▼
    Type: Weapons
    Subtype: Polehammer
    Close Range
    LV. 15

How to know itens addons for this weapon when upgraded for g16 ?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Unitarium - Archosaur replied to a message that was 10 months 2 days 9 hours 54 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Unitarium - Archosaur
    Unitarium - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Forum doesnt let me create post.

So i found a post has similar issue like my doubt.

Saying its old will not answer my question. Looking for help not for non-sense answer thanks.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    G16 Spirit of Justice Axes.

Items Addons: Amount:4
    Maximum Physical Attack +106 - 5%
    Maximum Physical Attack +130 - 5%
    Range +1 - 5%
    HP: +350 - 10%
    MP +310 - 9%
    Strength +18~19 - 10%
    Dexterity +18~19 - 10%
    Magic +18~19 - 10%
    Vitality +18~19 - 10%
    Critical Hit Rate +1% - 9.5%
    Critical Hit Rate +2% - 0.5%
    Accuracy +30% - 4%
    Atk. Level +1 - 9%
    Atk. Level +2 - 1%
    Atk. Level +3 - 1%
    Def. Level +2 - 1%

Unique Addon:
    Atk. Level +40

Same of all G16 axes I believe. And I just followed the link from your link in the "Used in crafting the follow items" area.

...Just realized this was posted in cleric forums when I saw your Barb forum thread, too.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    G16 Spirit of Justice Axes.
    lol
    Items Addons: Amount:4
    Maximum Physical Attack +106 - 5%
    Maximum Physical Attack +130 - 5%
    Range +1 - 5%
    HP: +350 - 10%
    MP +310 - 9%
    Strength +18~19 - 10%
    Dexterity +18~19 - 10%
    Magic +18~19 - 10%
    Vitality +18~19 - 10%
    Critical Hit Rate +1% - 9.5%
    Critical Hit Rate +2% - 0.5%
    Accuracy +30% - 4%
    Atk. Level +1 - 9%
    Atk. Level +2 - 1%
    Atk. Level +3 - 1%
    Def. Level +2 - 1%

Unique Addon:
    Atk. Level +40

Same of all G16 axes I believe. And I just followed the link from your link in the "Used in crafting the follow items" area.

...Just realized this was posted in cleric forums when I saw your Barb forum thread, too.

just tell him to go to pwdatabase.com and check
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    just tell him to go to pwdatabase.com and check

Well, he linked a pwdatabase link so I think he found it. He just couldn't find where the G16 version was, which is why I explained how to get there from the G15 he linked.
  • scan4
    scan4 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I found that what i sacrificed from going from S2 nirv to S3 nirv was completely worth it as my mag and phys def really increased significantly and i didn't really notice the speed which i lost all though it sucks that there isn't any channelling on the pant but i guess its ok. Here's what my gear looks like once i have some money to refine to +10. (atm im fully +6) good luck! http://pwcalc.com/a821dab2dc82a5f1