Population Question

bluntrainbow
bluntrainbow Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Not trying to bash the game, or say anything negative. I played this game when it first released, and was my all time favorite MMO... Than genies game, and I decided to quit playing. Now with the new expansion, I have gained interest. My only concern is, is this game still populated? Also, is it populated with new players, or mostly just alt characters? Thanks in advance for your answers, I appreciate them.
Post edited by bluntrainbow on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We still have genies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • bluntrainbow
    bluntrainbow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We still have genies.

I figured, thank you for that bit of information my friend... :P I just miss this game so damn much, ALL of my role playing memories come from this game, the epic PVP battles I ensued.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is still a good number of players on the PvE servers. Its definitely not as great as it was at that point though. Its also rare to come across any Roleplayers nowadays (here at least), and much of PvP nowadays is Rank 9/T3 Nirvana w/ +10 refines...otherwise...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I figured, thank you for that bit of information my friend... :P I just miss this game so damn much, ALL of my role playing memories come from this game, the epic PVP battles I ensued.

The current PWI is a far cry from what it used to be.

It's more about money, power and speed now than it is about fun, but it has already been that way for a year or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    even tho I agree with Nowitsawn and I always tell newcomers or ppl like you how much this game has change and kinda suck lol I gotta tell you that it depends on what you want.

if you find ppl that role-play and like the pve aspect of the game it may be fun (if you don't power level etc) you may pk with your friends in not crowed areas....which is like 90% of the map...its going to be hard to find ppl to share that experience with you tho.

thegameisdeadgoawaygogogogo xD
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My only concern is, is this game still populated? Also, is it populated with new players, or mostly just alt characters?

I'm a bet money that there are more alts than new players....heck the starting towns are near dead with new people....go to Etherblade and or Plume and youd be lucky to see 5 players and 1 or 2 kittyshops...Raging tides is always full but thats just from nirvy squads not from new players...Tel is almost a ghost town too now...still have quite a few in Lost but they are mostly going to and fro from TT...

You can always tell someones alt...1 day lvl 1 then carried to FF...2 or 3 weeks later its lvl 100 :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nearly all alts. It's actually very difficult to find anyone nowadays who isn't simply an alt of a lv100 main. The population itself isn't too bad on some of the PvE servers, but it's definitely declining very slowly with each passing month.

Also, if you were hoping to have more epic PvP battles, give up on that idea right away. PvP is pretty much a contest of wallet size now, with good Rank 9 gear costing billions of coins and being vastly ahead of anything else.

On the PvE side, the game is still rather fun. The community is a lot better than some other mmo's, nice factions still exist, and there are still a lot of things that can be quite enjoyable.