Unique add-ons debuffs/attacks

Ray - Momaganon
Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I've been searching in the endless thread of recasted r8 and such but I couldn't find anything clear...

From PWpedia: "Unique addons only apply to weapons, and non-magical weapons at that. These adds have a certain proc-rate that determines how often the add will take affect. These only apply to regular attacks."

There is a unique addon, God of Frenzy (zerk), that works with phy based skills.

My question is, do the other unique addons like Thunder Strike, Square Formation work with phy skills aswell?

I got told by an archer that Spirit Blackhole only works on shooting normal arrows, he thinks. Did anyone test this?
Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
Post edited by Ray - Momaganon on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got told by an archer that Spirit Blackhole only works on shooting normal arrows, he thinks. Did anyone test this?

Yes it has been tested and your friend is quite mistaken. Search around the archer forum.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Partly true. Purge/S.BH proc will only activate on attacks that do not have an external effect. Internal effects like demon QS/sage BoA will still work, but stun, STA, DoT etc will not, that is unless they miss. A missed shot will not carry damage nor effects but can still purge.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been searching in the endless thread of recasted r8 and such but I couldn't find anything clear...

From PWpedia: "Unique addons only apply to weapons, and non-magical weapons at that. These adds have a certain proc-rate that determines how often the add will take affect. These only apply to regular attacks."

There is a unique addon, God of Frenzy (zerk), that works with phy based skills.

My question is, do the other unique addons like Thunder Strike, Square Formation work with phy skills aswell?

Magical weapons can get Unique add-ons as well. Any DIRECT damage of any kind can cause a proc and in some cases receiving damage can activate the proc, depending on what the add-on is. Things like DoT damage itself will not cause the proc to activate, however the skill that gives the Applied effect can. For example, having an archer use serrated arrow or vicious arrow can cause a purge proc but the poison/bleed ticks will not. And at the above post, depending on what the skill is yes misses can proc the skill if it is a self applying proc, if it is a proc that activates on the target like purge a miss will no trigger the proc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    And at the above post, depending on what the skill is yes misses can proc the skill if it is a self applying proc, if it is a proc that activates on the target like purge a miss will no trigger the proc.

No, just no. Vicious and serrated both cannot trigger purge proc unless they miss. Any missed shot can trigger purge proc.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    No, just no. Vicious and serrated both cannot trigger purge proc unless they miss. Any missed shot can trigger purge proc.

I'm pretty sure I know my archer more then you. I've never had a missed attack cause a purge proc. Ever.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    I'm pretty sure I know my archer more then you. I've never had a missed attack cause a purge proc. Ever.

No you don't. If you did you'd know that purge will not proc on vicious or serrated.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    No you don't. If you did you'd know that purge will not proc on vicious or serrated.

The DoT damage will not but the skill itself will. Please stop posting from an unknown face you lose all your credibility when you do so.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    The DoT damage will not but the skill itself will. Please stop posting from an unknown face you lose all your credibility when you do so.

You lose all credibility when you claim you can purge with DoT skills that hit.

Let's play guess who.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Magical weapons can get Unique add-ons as well. Any DIRECT damage of any kind can cause a proc and in some cases receiving damage can activate the proc, depending on what the add-on is. Things like DoT damage itself will not cause the proc to activate, however the skill that gives the Applied effect can. For example, having an archer use serrated arrow or vicious arrow can cause a purge proc but the poison/bleed ticks will not. And at the above post, depending on what the skill is yes misses can proc the skill if it is a self applying proc, if it is a proc that activates on the target like purge a miss will no trigger the proc.

^ This
    You lose all credibility when you claim you can purge with DoT skills that hit.

^ Random non-faced troll who just started posting this month who has no clue what he is talking about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For Purge Bows:
    Any ranged attack that does not impart it's own debuff is able to purge.
    That excludes: Aim Low, Stun, Blood Vow, Thundershock, Frost, Vicious, Serrated, Inferno, and Whisper Shot. Also Wingspan and Winged Pledge are excluded since those are pure melee attacks (they also trigger bramble damage).

I'm not sure if knockback arrow can purge or if stun / aim low can purge if they fail to proc.

Sac Strike only works for melee based physical attacks so if there was a Sac Strike bow or if an archer uses another Sac Strike weapon the only skills that would benefit would be Wingspan and Winged Pledge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Also Wingspan and Winged Pledge are excluded since those are pure melee attacks (they also trigger bramble damage).

Not quite. Winged pledge can purge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTUbgcT244&feature=player_detailpage#t=257s

@two fail archers, I have evidence of stun miss purging, but I don't feel like shifting through over 3 hours of TW footage to prove two idiot wrong.

Let's play guess who.
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ese3zxa1Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=377s

Purge on missed shot. Still can't find the footage of purge on missed stun. If you can't see it FRAPS it and play it back frame by frame. It purges on the 2nd miss.

Let's play guess who.
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    ^ Random non-faced troll who just started posting this month who has no clue what he is talking about

Burn clueless fanboy.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    Not quite. Winged pledge can purge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTUbgcT244&feature=player_detailpage#t=257s

@two fail archers, I have evidence of stun miss purging, but I don't feel like shifting through over 3 hours of TW footage to prove two idiot wrong.

Ya just retested pledge and noticed that it actually doesn't trigger bramble damage like wingspan does. I could have sworn it did. That means only wingspan counts as a true melee attack and pledge is really a ranged attack which should mean it purges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ese3zxa1Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=377s

Purge on missed shot. Still can't find the footage of purge on missed stun. If you can't see it FRAPS it and play it back frame by frame. It purges on the 2nd miss.

I'm not sure thats a purge on miss shot. In PWI the damage is shown when an attack animation connects but the actual proc happens at the very start of the attack animation before you see the damage. That is why you can stun a lvl 1 mob and actually see the mob stunned before it falls over dead. This weird delayed damage is what allows you to kill people after they are already dead (like how you were 1k'd from RB Delta).

In this case I think the purge belonged to the normal attack that did 2737 damage.
    Going frame by frame while looking at the character animation you can see the purge happened on the second arrow after the quickshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    In this case I think the purge belonged to the normal attack that did 2737 damage.
    Going frame by frame while looking at the character animation you can see the purge happened on the second arrow after the quickshot.

For the normal purge animation the animation usually ends on the shot that is being displayed. By my reckoning that's the 2nd miss.

On the frame when the purge proc animation is just about finished the hit that landed hasn't appear in the damage log nor on-screen.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    For the normal purge animation the animation usually ends on the shot that is being displayed. By my reckoning that's the 2nd miss.

On the frame when the purge proc animation is just about finished the hit that landed hasn't appear in the damage log nor on-screen.

First off the 327 damage belongs to the stun arrow right?
    After the stun arrow was a quickshot normal hit normal hit.
    There were 2 misses after the stun arrow which belonged to the quickshot + first normal hit.
    The second normal hit then was the source of the 2737.

Here check out my annotation of what is happening.
    http://imgur.com/a/zcj0e

For me to be convinced missed shots can purged it would have to be a stand alone shot without any follow up shots since debuffs appear before damage appears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]