Multi-clienting

phisyc
phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
I have read the rule about multi-clienting policy but didnt understand it fully maybe because of my bad english.I have 2 PCs in my house and if i log in for example 2 clients per PC shall i get banned for it?Because i know many people who run more than 2 clients at the same time.Thanks
Post edited by phisyc on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    phisyc wrote: »
    I have read the rule about multi-clienting policy but didnt understand it fully maybe because of my bad english.I have 2 PCs in my house and if i log in for example 2 clients per PC shall i get banned for it?Because i know many people who run more than 2 clients at the same time.Thanks

Well yeah.

Official rule is that per person, you can log 2 characters at the same time, regardless of how you do it.

They did also state that in the case of multiple people playing PWI from the same household/IP, you might end up having to prove that there is actually multiple people rather than just one person breaking the rule.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • phisyc
    phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    and how i gonna do that?send them the photos of my family members playing pwi?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    phisyc wrote: »
    and how i gonna do that?send them the photos of my family members playing pwi?

Don't know. You should try PMing frankieraye, he's our CM.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The rules is 2 chars log in the same for each person, so you could have 5 computers, you can still only have 2 chars online at the same time.

Yes many people break that rule, i know some people who have 3 shops log at the same time than their alt and main, or sometime some people log 4-5 chars same time to buff and open a instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't worry about that. It's a rule they don't enforce.

If they did, half the cat shop in Archo would vanish, as well as half the population on the servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why would it really matter anyways?

If you spend real money in game I do not think they would ban over this. More chars means more money spent.

But rule is 2 chars per computer per person.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Opened 20 clients first day they pulled this ****.

Still playing~
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesali
    jamesali Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i have one pc and want to multiclient on the same pc, what should i do? is ther something to download or what ? do i have to make two pwi accounts or not?
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jamesali wrote: »
    i have one pc and want to multiclient on the same pc, what should i do? is ther something to download or what ? do i have to make two pwi accounts or not?

Just start whatever you launch PWi from once more. At least that works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is virtually no way of enforcing multi client rules because there is no way to distinguish the difference between 10 clients on one computer and 10 clients on 10 different computers with 10 different users on the same ip.

However, the only thing I know of that Wanmei did is limit the number of times people can connect to one server, I believe you can try connecting to one server 3 times before you get a server not found error and have to wait an hour or so. At least last time I checked, it was this way on pwcn. I don't feel like confirming that for pwi.
    I know this limitation was added right before descent.
    jamesali wrote: »

If you have one account, you will need another.
    Once you have two accounts (your main and alt), you look for a file called elementclient.exe in your pwi folder, open it twice, in one window you log into your main and in the other window you log into your alt.

The reason why there used to be a ban on this because multi clienting supposedly involved editing the client. While this is true, there is also a way of multi clienting without editing the client for older versions.
    The ban was lifted a year or two after Wanmei figured out they messed up their "you must use launcher to play the game" message on elementclient and decided that PWI is allowed to use one more client.

Either way, the whole thing is as ridiculous as ini editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There was no editing the client that I saw, all you do is launch the game client directly instead of using the update launcher. This worked before they allowed it and how I do it now.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There was no editing the client that I saw, all you do is launch the game client directly instead of using the update launcher. This worked before they allowed it and how I do it now.

In the really old clients if you try and launched the client directly with elementclient.exe, you would get a message telling you to launch with the launcher instead.
    I don't remember when that went away but I know it disappeared sometime either before or after the genie expansion, probably earlier though.

The msot common way of getting around it was to edit the client directly with a program and remove the lines that would tell you to launch from the launcher. The reason this doesn't work anymore is because wanmei did some changes to the name of pwi and pwcn and forget to update the message. At least from what I've been told, I haven't spent too much time into it.
    The easiest way of getting around it is launching the game with the console.

If you don't believe me with the message, here.

For fun, that is a 1.1.3 client, a client released sometime when pwcn went into open beta back in 2006.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yes i remember that, was quite a while ago
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Opened 20 clients first day they pulled this ****.

Still playing~
    There used to be a player on RT (still might be there for all I know, I haven't gone by his spot in a long time) who had 5 herb shops: one each for lowest/low/mid/high/special grade herbs. It was pretty blatantly obvious that it was the same person, and I'm pretty sure nothing ever happened to him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There used to be a player on RT (still might be there for all I know, I haven't gone by his spot in a long time) who had 5 herb shops: one each for lowest/low/mid/high/special grade herbs. It was pretty blatantly obvious that it was the same person, and I'm pretty sure nothing ever happened to him.

oO i have to congrat you on ur lv1 rez signature its OP and awesome b:pleased
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is virtually no way of enforcing multi client rules because there is no way to distinguish the difference between 10 clients on one computer and 10 clients on 10 different computers with 10 different users on the same ip.

When a packet is sent or recieved it contains the mac address of the users PC that it needs to be sent to. It's how your router knows what PC to send it to. They can easily see if there are 10 clients on one PC if they wanted to, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    oO i have to congrat you on ur lv1 rez signature its OP and awesome b:pleased

Thank you very much. I worked quite hard on it. b:chuckle

Also bumping to knock spam threads down. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]