Why seekers are different

GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Seeker
Gets morai skill sacrifical slash, jones, mystic morai buff, barb buff.

(Grant it, this is done without duel of bm)

Seeker travels to thousand streams.

Talk to elder, fight dummy.

BATTLE BEGINS: [3 sparks required]

Sage Heart Shatter 50%

Add spirit bore status

travel to momagonan

run past mobs to exit, and get cursed by nearest mob to exit. [Lasts apporx 33 seconds]

travel back to streams. run to elder again.

Equip northern sky waltz, add status to dummy:

FOLLOW SKILL SEQUENCE:
QUid Pro Quo -> Triple Spark -> Genie Skill: Frenzy -> Genie Skill Extreme Poison ->
Staggering Strike -> Gemini SLASH!

Pray for a Crit or even a zerk crit :)
Objective: Complete
Post edited by GallaxXIII - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Taco_Limey - Harshlands
    Taco_Limey - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or.. go in a duel with a bm have him dg you. Then qpq the dg onto the mob..
    Taco_Limey: Harshlands 102 Rank 9 Seeker
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gets morai skill sacrifical slash, jones, mystic morai buff, barb buff.

(Grant it, this is done without duel of bm)

Seeker travels to thousand streams.

Talk to elder, fight dummy.

BATTLE BEGINS: [3 sparks required]

Sage Heart Shatter 50%

Add spirit bore status

travel to momagonan

run past mobs to exit, and get cursed by nearest mob to exit. [Lasts apporx 33 seconds]

travel back to streams. run to elder again.

Equip northern sky waltz, add status to dummy:

FOLLOW SKILL SEQUENCE:
    QUid Pro Quo -> Triple Spark -> Genie Skill: Frenzy -> Genie Skill Extreme Poison ->
    Staggering Strike -> Gemini SLASH!

Pray for a Crit or even a zerk crit :)

I'm not sure I got the jest of your objective and you kinda lost me about the purpose. Sorry but I'd rather have straight conversation than quizical riddles of techniques. It all seems like a joke rather than informative information.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    so.. back when the damage rankings didnt reset. i could hit damage equal to the 15th highest hitter in the server. i was the only non 101 or 100 that even made it onto the dmg rankings,

the goal is dmg, because building a tank seeker is pointless,
    my reason?
    all the vit and stuff you hadd for tanking, will never take aggro from a sin or bm.
    so go try using your method of hitting high dmg. then come back an d use this method.
    tell me whos worked better
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Or.. go in a duel with a bm have him dg you. Then qpq the dg onto the mob..

im going to help a llittle. here is some really good information. actually read the post.... the second thing on the list. but for those who are mainly solo players...
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so.. back when the damage rankings didnt reset. i could hit damage equal to the 15th highest hitter in the server. i was the only non 101 or 100 that even made it onto the dmg rankings,

the goal is dmg, because building a tank seeker is pointless,
    my reason?
    all the vit and stuff you hadd for tanking, will never take aggro from a sin or bm.
    so go try using your method of hitting high dmg. then come back an d use this method.
    tell me whos worked better

good point on the seekers' goal working towards getting more dmg instead of building it like a tank.
    I have a rank 9 seeker crit build with almost full DOT on my gears and i can kill other rank 9s quite easily. Sure, if you go full JOSd and full str, u'll survive longer but what's the point if all you do is take damage and do nothing in return? am i right? xD
    n i m the only crit build DOT seeker in RT from what ive seen so far. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    good point on the seekers' goal working towards getting more dmg instead of building it like a tank.
    I have a rank 9 seeker crit build with almost full DOT on my gears and i can kill other rank 9s quite easily. Sure, if you go full JOSd and full str, u'll survive longer but what's the point if all you do is take damage and do nothing in return? am i right? xD

niceee!!!! good shard choice
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a rank 9 seeker crit build with almost full DOT on my gears and i can kill other rank 9 AAs quite easily. Sure, if you go full JOSd and full str, u'll survive longer but what's the point if all you do is take damage and do nothing in return? am i right? xD

Fixed.

Other HA R9s (Barbs, BMs, other Seekers) particularly if sharded with JoSDs themselves can still tank your hits quite easily... I would know since I also have a R9 Seeker (+12 weapon and 105 attack levels). Furthermore, there is a reason you are the only crit build on your server. Because when you go full crit build you sacrifice so much strength (which increases your base damage) for dex that the times you don't crit, even Nirvana geared casters can survive your hits.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I can understand the heart shatter, as that lasts long enough.
    But why the hell would you add gemini sword stance, THAN leave to hell, get debufed, and than come back? Spirit bore is gone long before you return.

PS, you might wanna reread Invigorate skill discription
    I quote: "The skill will expel when you switch to another map."
    In stupid people language, this skill is purged when you go to hell, or when you go back to the world map. So it fails if you try to combine it with your awesome little combo
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I can understand the heart shatter, as that lasts long enough.
    But why the hell would you add gemini sword stance, THAN leave to hell, get debufed, and than come back? Spirit bore is gone long before you return.

PS, you might wanna reread Invigorate skill discription
    I quote: "The skill will expel when you switch to another map."
    In stupid people language, this skill is purged when you go to hell, or when you go back to the world map. So it fails if you try to combine it with your awesome little combo

+ why the *** use soulsever minuet (gemini stance) when northern debuff mroe and even sacrificial slash (shroud one) debuff even more when ya quid pro quo the def lvl decrease
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Fixed.

Other HA R9s (Barbs, BMs, other Seekers) particularly if sharded with JoSDs themselves can still tank your hits quite easily... I would know since I also have a R9 Seeker (+12 weapon and 105 attack levels). Furthermore, there is a reason you are the only crit build on your server. Because when you go full crit build you sacrifice so much strength (which increases your base damage) for dex that the times you don't crit, even Nirvana geared casters can survive your hits.

I have 130 attack lvl and combined with our sacrificial slash skill and frenzy, i get to around 180 attack lvl for 15 secs. and i dont have any problem killing other HAs as well unless they're full JOSD. I can one shot full rank 9 archers too if i use my skill right. I guess it depends how you play.
    And I quite disagree with you on the crit build part. Ive played around with both builds, first i was a pure str build and later changed to a crit build. Cuz, from the way my gear is set up, i only sacrifice around 800 dmg while gaining a huge boost of 33% crit, which has a high chance to crit. So if you're looking at it at a statistical way, I would say being a crit build seeker with full DOTs is better at endgame since you will need those extra attack lvls to kill high lvl rank 9 JOSD sharded ppl anyways. I mean, sure u'll tank a lot if ur a JOSD seeker but on the way, u'll also have a freaking hard time killing other rank 9s who have JOSD of their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    + why the *** use soulsever minuet (gemini stance) when northern debuff mroe and even sacrificial slash (shroud one) debuff even more when ya quid pro quo the def lvl decrease

i was squading with baka, and he told me sac slash was a debuff,. the ucurse lasts 30 seconds, you may not e able to use soulsever, but i added it in for tryers, you could qpq both sac slash and curse. which would be sweeeet!
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    I have 130 attack lvl and combined with our sacrificial slash skill and frenzy, i get to around 180 attack lvl for 15 secs. and i dont have any problem killing other HAs as well unless they're full JOSD. I can one shot full rank 9 archers too if i use my skill right. I guess it depends how you play.
    And I quite disagree with you on the crit build part. Ive played around with both builds, first i was a pure str build and later changed to a crit build. Cuz, from the way my gear is set up, i only sacrifice around 800 dmg while gaining a huge boost of 33% crit, which has a high chance to crit. So if you're looking at it at a statistical way, I would say being a crit build seeker with full DOTs is better at endgame since you will need those extra attack lvls to kill high lvl rank 9 JOSD sharded ppl anyways. I mean, sure u'll tank a lot if ur a JOSD seeker but on the way, u'll also have a freaking hard time killing other rank 9s who have JOSD of their own.

if you have a str+45 tome[the three scholars] you are my ideal seeker build :) good job
    now buy me a r9 sword !!! ;(
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    sorry p[osting twice on this, so if you face a josd class, you just... qpq sac slash right? if you have time.
  • KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide
    KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sorry p[osting twice on this, so if you face a josd class, you just... qpq sac slash right? if you have time.

that's right. there's no freaking way to kill a fully JOSD class in time unless ur full DOT seeker urself. Again, we r only talking about seeker's perspective ofc.
    And to answer ur first question, i dont have str +45 tome yet but thats my endgame tome, which i will have some day b:sad
  • Skytherix - Lost City
    Skytherix - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    omg galax is back in the forums, i think im gonna quit the game again
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My friend with 160 dex and a lot of str kills bms and other seekers on one to two shots
    I'll post a screenie later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    witniss wrote: »
    My friend with 160 dex and a lot of str kills bms and other seekers on one to two shots
    I'll post a screenie later

lol r we really showing off? if so, i got this screenshot of me hitting a bm for 50k and a barb for 25k. The 160 dex and rest on str has nothing to do with being able to one shot others. it all depends on ur zerk and ur weapon attack that u get from the refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]