How to beat aps classes as a seeker?

Options
therobotor12
therobotor12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Seeker
How do u guys handel aps classes? like seriously when they stun its all over the duel will last 6 seconds and ur dead even if i use an anti stun skill they still mange to get me like aps archers are my worst nightmares they have those 2 shields and when i am even done whit breaking one the other one keeps being there and reduce the damage to 25% plus anti stun skil but the archer will not wait that long for it to run out before it runs out aps kills me in 3 seconds also if sins use demon spark an stun me i can say my *** goodbye even whit edged blurr they will kill me before it even destroy the deaden nerves state how do u guys handel aps classes cause it seems i am a verry big joke to them even whit angels of justice i tried like everything but nothing works i only stand a good match against a barb and other classes but bm and aps archer i dont even stand a chanse tips from expiernced seekers please
Post edited by therobotor12 on

Comments

• KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide
    KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Here's a tip to fighting aps classes.

-Never ever ever have any of your stance on while pvping cuz if you do, the chance to immobalize using heartseeker reduces dramatically.
    -Always, always use heartseeker and kite and start ur combo with extreme poison combination.
    -Never ever waste your chi by sparking. We're always short on chi and most of our important skills use lots of chi to use em.
    -If they stun you and go aps shet on you, hit expel on yourself using your genie(grants immunity to physical damage for at least 6 secs with min dex on genie)
    -Tire your opponent out by trying to kite the first 25 secs because chances are, almost everyone uses their most important skills within the first 20 secs. Then, when they got nothing, u immobalize them using heartseeker and kite and start pounding them with extreme poison.
    -Know when to time your expel, extreme poison, AD, and your last stand skill(lvl 79 skill)
    -And last but not least, if ur opponent immobalizes u, quid pro quo them or switch to parchedable dance(forgive my spelling) and start ur melee attacks, and continuously hit stalagstrike when u get the stun proc on em.

And always watch ur surroundings.
  • therobotor12
    therobotor12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Here's a tip to fighting aps classes.

-Never ever ever have any of your stance on while pvping cuz if you do, the chance to immobalize using heartseeker reduces dramatically.
    -Always, always use heartseeker and kite and start ur combo with extreme poison combination.
    -Never ever waste your chi by sparking. We're always short on chi and most of our important skills use lots of chi to use em.
    -If they stun you and go aps shet on you, hit expel on yourself using your genie(grants immunity to physical damage for at least 6 secs with min dex on genie)
    -Tire your opponent out by trying to kite the first 25 secs because chances are, almost everyone uses their most important skills within the first 20 secs. Then, when they got nothing, u immobalize them using heartseeker and kite and start pounding them with extreme poison.
    -Know when to time your expel, extreme poison, AD, and your last stand skill(lvl 79 skill)
    -And last but not least, if ur opponent immobalizes u, quid pro quo them or switch to parchedable dance(forgive my spelling) and start ur melee attacks, and continuously hit stalagstrike when u get the stun proc on em.

And always watch ur surroundings.

Thats the problem spark last around 20 sec and expel only 6 - 10 seconds what should i do in those other 10 sec? and they also will kill me quikly if that expel skill wore off or call me a noob for using genie skill and bragg about how they could kill me easily whit genie to i want to know a other way cause i tryed this expel thing but it didn't work and its hard to kite aps its over before i know it And they also the sins can go into stealth attack i do expel go back to stealth load their chi and rampage whit their aps why don't seekers have an invoke skill i feel like we heavily need it since we don't have any long lasting anti stun skill anyway even barb got it as 79 skill i think why we not
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    its only over before you know it if the sin has better gears and is higher lvl than you. n if ur talking about duels, sry i was talking about how to fight them in pk.
    And if you want expel to last long, get a dex genie and put tons of dex on it for longer time.
    Also, if they 3 spark, you have to immediately run away using holy path or unfetter and come back and attack em after their spark wears off... no seeker can tank a 3 sparked sin without kiting or expelling or with ironguard powder.
    So, there you go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mysticforyou
    mysticforyou Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    its only over before you know it if the sin has better gears and is higher lvl than you. n if ur talking about duels, sry i was talking about how to fight them in pk.
    And if you want expel to last long, get a dex genie and put tons of dex on it for longer time.
    Also, if they 3 spark, you have to immediately run away using holy path or unfetter and come back and attack em after their spark wears off... no seeker can tank a 3 sparked sin without kiting or expelling or with ironguard powder.
    So, there you go
    Why didn't the creators give seekers a blink dash skill like wizards then? even blade masters and archers got them sins don't even need them since they have stealth and anti stun and many more things i find this verry unfair why they made seekers so fragile against aps classes i know we have metal magic skills but those are not enough for stopping them why not give us a invoke skill like barbarians like seriously even barbarians got their own way of defending theirself from aps classes since they got a ton of hp anyway they have enough time to control the sitaution and invoke wich reduce damage to 90% but slows the user dramaticly but u can holy path and catch the target and **** the **** outa it we need a blink dash skill asap cause seriously we are not so good at fighting melee classes at close range i see we have a better advantage when we have our space
  • Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Why didn't the creators give seekers a blink dash skill like wizards then? even blade masters and archers got them sins don't even need them since they have stealth and anti stun and many more things i find this verry unfair why they made seekers so fragile against aps classes i know we have metal magic skills but those are not enough for stopping them why not give us a invoke skill like barbarians like seriously even barbarians got their own way of defending theirself from aps classes since they got a ton of hp anyway they have enough time to control the sitaution and invoke wich reduce damage to 90% but slows the user dramaticly but u can holy path and catch the target and **** the **** outa it we need a blink dash skill asap cause seriously we are not so good at fighting melee classes at close range i see we have a better advantage when we have our space

Heavy armor and +30 defense level sure seems fragile against aps classes.Let's not forget about edged blur which is really helpful against melee classes,and of course the tele stun.Most casters,excluding full +12 psychics have a harder time against aps classes than seekers anyway.It's true that wizards/archers have some kind of defense against aps classes but if they cannot survive the stun(lock) they won't get to use neither the leaps,nor the stealth or anti stun.

Edit:The line above matches seeker's edged blur too but they can survive melee hits way easier than casters.
  • mysticforyou
    mysticforyou Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Heavy armor and +30 defense level sure seems fragile against aps classes.Let's not forget about edged blur which is really helpful against melee classes,and of course the tele stun.Most casters,excluding full +12 psychics have a harder time against aps classes than seekers anyway.It's true that wizards/archers have some kind of defense against aps classes but if they cannot survive the stun(lock) they won't get to use neither the leaps,nor the stealth or anti stun.

Edit:The line above matches seeker's edged blur too but they can survive melee hits way easier than casters.

How are psychic +12 and wizards having a hard time facing aps classes like you should know that if an aps class attacks a psy he would get silenced every 2 or 3 hits because of soul of silience also wizards dont only have a blink dash skill but whit the new decent expansion now they have a blink dash that activates on its own when the target gets hit whit a melee attack meaning that wizards are now aps free psychics shouldn't have a least of a problem facing aps classes since they have a 8 to 10 seconds immunity to psychial damage plus a silence skill wich will silence the target to 3 to 5 seconds everytime a target attacks 3 to 5 times also they have a stun skill wich could last up to 10 seconds a reflect skill a skill that gives 66 defence levels and many more to prevent theirself against aps classes but seekers don't have anything against aps classes 30 defence levels ain't gonna stop aps from working but a silience skill or a blink dash skill will i find this so unfair why make a mage warrior whitout a way to protect itself against aps classes like every class has its own protection against it and comon edged blur is a joke it hits every 3 seconds in those 3 seconds aps would already ticked my charm by that time and the damage would not be so wow like aps would do on u this is so unfair i can't take it only ones that don't have to complain are r9 seekers
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    There are a couple of ways to deal with sins stunning/immobilising, then triple sparking:

!.) prevention is better than a cure; dont let them stun u (sage unfetter, anti-stun genie skill)

2.)As soon as the invulnerability from the triple spark wears off, QPQ them (sage version preferrably for the 3 second debuff), then when they get silenced and back off Heartseeker--->Occult Ice
    >Expel (not necessarily in that order), if ur genie has enuff vitality to pull this off and all ur skills hit their target, u shud hav an incredibly annoyed sin on ur hands who just wasted his triple spark ( prbbly has inner harmony on cd too if he/she used headhunt to stun) b:victory
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    How are psychic +12 and wizards having a hard time facing aps classes like you should know that if an aps class attacks a psy he would get silenced every 2 or 3 hits because of soul of silience also wizards dont only have a blink dash skill but whit the new decent expansion now they have a blink dash that activates on its own when the target gets hit whit a melee attack meaning that wizards are now aps free psychics shouldn't have a least of a problem facing aps classes since they have a 8 to 10 seconds immunity to psychial damage plus a silence skill wich will silence the target to 3 to 5 seconds everytime a target attacks 3 to 5 times also they have a stun skill wich could last up to 10 seconds a reflect skill a skill that gives 66 defence levels and many more to prevent theirself against aps classes but seekers don't have anything against aps classes 30 defence levels ain't gonna stop aps from working but a silience skill or a blink dash skill will i find this so unfair why make a mage warrior whitout a way to protect itself against aps classes like every class has its own protection against it and comon edged blur is a joke it hits every 3 seconds in those 3 seconds aps would already ticked my charm by that time and the damage would not be so wow like aps would do on u this is so unfair i can't take it only ones that don't have to complain are r9 seekers

I'm preety sure i said excluding psychics which means they DON'T have a hard time against aps classes like others and yea i forgot about the new wizzy skill so i agree with ya on that.On the other hand if you talked about expel,you still can be stunned/sealed/frozen during it's duration since archer has fire buff,barb has wood buff,sins have condensed thorn,and well bm has nothing elemental yet they could get a wizard's buff if that's the problem.Also given they use expel,they use a high quantity of genie's energy thus leaving them without part of their defense.
  • watertide
    watertide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    cant !! almost impossible. Only way is your have better gear than aps class. anti stun only work for 4sec, Last stand good for 6sec, but u are out of mag, that mean you cant do a thing with skill. Sin and BM can stun you and kill you before you come out of stun or you have so little hp left. Seeker really need a good anti stun skill. That is my thought, any one know how to play seeker really good should show me some idea. b:thanks
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    kill them in less than 6 seconds.

go sage and pure str. sins arent a problem to me.
    Objective: Complete
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    watertide wrote: »
    cant !! almost impossible. Only way is your have better gear than aps class. anti stun only work for 4sec, Last stand good for 6sec, but u are out of mag, that mean you cant do a thing with skill. Sin and BM can stun you and kill you before you come out of stun or you have so little hp left. Seeker really need a good anti stun skill. That is my thought, any one know how to play seeker really good should show me some idea. b:thanks

no no no, the problem is, you went hybrid vit build and your damage is cut.
    pvp is all about damage, kill or be killed. tankability is futile unless youre a full tank barb.

you dont need better gears, you just need to build right.
    like i said, i can almost match r9 sins, and ive matched 5.0 on multiple occasions.

sins are squishy and easy to kill if you build full dd
  • watertide
    watertide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    my vit is only 60 ad i at lvl 100. Is that still too much for vit ?? What do u mean by full DD ??
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    watertide wrote: »
    my vit is only 60 ad i at lvl 100. Is that still too much for vit ?? What do u mean by full DD ??

Dont listen to gallax, he's a troll lol. and Full DD on a sin that stun lock you will do nothing, its only useful when your weapon match the sin one and thats still not always enough. learn to kite and predict them. by kiting i mean staying out fo their dagger range. spamming heartseeker and running around is the best. no matter what is said, unless you end game geared, tanking aps is suicide when its higher then 3. actually, your vit give you mroe room to survive the hits and be able to move away.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Dont listen to gallax, he's a troll lol. and Full DD on a sin that stun lock you will do nothing, its only useful when your weapon match the sin one and thats still not always enough. learn to kite and predict them. by kiting i mean staying out fo their dagger range. spamming heartseeker and running around is the best. no matter what is said, unless you end game geared, tanking aps is suicide when its higher then 3. actually, your vit give you mroe room to survive the hits and be able to move away.

unless you're sage and have blade affinity. it has a 50% chance to avoid debuffs like stun, which gives you that 5 or 6 seconds to one hit sins.

i'm a troll? mmkay, thats fine, at least im right though :)
    and full DD, like...

the armor of yoru choice, full str, refine weapon first, 24 diamond of tigers as shards and the three scholars as tome.

pvp is all about kill or be killed, basically a continuous suicide fest, not trying to survive.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    silence and immediate realization occurs after reading the previous post,

"hmm maybe gallax has a ****** clue what hes talking about :)
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    unless you're sage and have blade affinity. it has a 50% chance to avoid debuffs like stun, which gives you that 5 or 6 seconds to one hit sins.

i'm a troll? mmkay, thats fine, at least im right though :)
    and full DD, like...

the armor of yoru choice, full str, refine weapon first, 24 diamond of tigers as shards and the three scholars as tome.

pvp is all about kill or be killed, basically a continuous suicide fest, not trying to survive.

troll blocker: enabled
    correction: not one hit sins, they dead end nerves, i meant. two hit with gemini slash and arme nier,

so you would HAVE to use blade affinity at the beginning which only supports my reasoning even more.

update: all trolls have been neutralized,
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Correction: thread is filled with a raging troll ranting to himself because everyone else have realised how fail he is and refuses to even bother arguing
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Correction: thread is filled with a raging troll ranting to himself because everyone else have realised how fail he is and refuses to even bother arguing

^ says it all. sorry gallax, btu i have other thing to do then be stuck in fornt of the forums, so late reply =P anyway, nothing else to had now
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • alyssahoneyrae
    alyssahoneyrae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Pretty much everyone hit some nice pointers. Also... you will need HP to beat an aps class, hybrid build is fine. A pure STR build will work also very nicely, but only if you have the money to invest in some good HP sharded gear. Though not everyone spends real life money on this game so you may want to go VIT also.

Also, use O'malley blessing, Krav Maga stance lvl 3, and Adrenal Numbness. This in total will have your defense lvl at 50. Or 55 if you have Sage Adrenal Numbness. This will make tanking aps classes all too easy.

Start off with Voidstep and stun the person. Then back away enough out of stun range, hit Blade affinity, and use Heartseeker for a paralyze. Then Gemini Slash, then Battousai/Other ranged skills. If the person isn't dead by the time paralyze is off. Use Edged Blur and unfetter, run to him and stay close, try to paralyze again, since they will try to run. Hit until dead. This works for PK and Duels. If a sin stealths, just jump around until he hits you and pops up. Then AD/seal. Until you can run away and do the above.

I'm only level 90. So maybe you don't want to follow my advice, but i kill 100+ sins all the time in PK with this technique.Granted i have a charm and crab meat... but so does most people i face BM's in my opinion are even easier since they can't stealth. Scariest aps class... aps barb. Those things are worst than sins and bms by a long shot. xP

Btw, no sin your level will be able to beat you when you do this, they should die before paralyze even runs off unless they put on deaden nerves.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    Kuyton - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/851ad78434cde0b9

my build, and i don't have a huge issue with sins any more. so much so i removed HP sharding and went MDEF sharding.

Sage has unfetter anti stun which comes in handy, 3 second seal coupled with sacri slash makes there defenses weaker too. Morai skill to see sins comes in handy at times but most sins are higher level because of ease of FC i guess. Sage blade affinity provides a 50% immune to stun too which is helpful at times. Edged blur tends to keep them away when you are stunned too.
  • Murderfists - Lost City
    Murderfists - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    How do u guys handel aps classes? like seriously when they stun its all over the duel will last 6 seconds and ur dead even if i use an anti stun skill they still mange to get me like aps archers are my worst nightmares they have those 2 shields and when i am even done whit breaking one the other one keeps being there and reduce the damage to 25% plus anti stun skil but the archer will not wait that long for it to run out before it runs out aps kills me in 3 seconds also if sins use demon spark an stun me i can say my *** goodbye even whit edged blurr they will kill me before it even destroy the deaden nerves state how do u guys handel aps classes cause it seems i am a verry big joke to them even whit angels of justice i tried like everything but nothing works i only stand a good match against a barb and other classes but bm and aps archer i dont even stand a chanse tips from expiernced seekers please

Expel