Aps R9 Sage

Options
Tsyren - Archosaur
Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Assassin
I've been considering to go sage for PvP on my sin for quite some time now.

My sin went demon in the first place because I can't CS and didn't have any funds/farming toons at the time... now, nearing my endgame, I'm considering switching back to my original preference. If I do go sage, I will get it as soon as I get my interval tome (4aps base), and follow up with rank 9 daggers (I'm already working on the ring).

I HAVE looked at sage and demon skills back and forth, trying to weigh the different factors of more efficient CC and more survivability, etc.

So I guess the question is, what's your opinion of a sage aps r9, for pvp? I've gotten mixed opinions from my friends but I really would like a more focused and sin-minded opinion.
The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
Post edited by Tsyren - Archosaur on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    4aps base any sort of weapon sin...sage all the way. Sage BP, def from spark, and permanent Wolf Emblem are more than reason enough.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    4aps base any sort of weapon sin...sage all the way. Sage BP, def from spark, and permanent Wolf Emblem are more than reason enough.

pretty much this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Bp isn't a huge factor in pvp. Helpful, sure, but not usually a real difference maker since most the time you die during a stun/seal or ranged attacks where you get no paint and offensively pvp tends to only allow little bursts off attacks typically 3-10 hits.

Def from spark? How often do you trip spark in PvP? I'd say about once every 15 matches, less in tw.

Sage wolf emblem probably is better for tw, worse for 1v1. Demon WE or even level 10 WE are both stronger for dph and burst damage, and with any sort of skill they're just as permanent as sage because few pk matches with a sin go longer than 30 seconds. Either you go squish or they do sage WE doesn't really help them go squish.

Real reasons to go sage for pk? Chill of the deep, Shadow Escape for the purify (although arguably, going into stealth works just as well since their debuff will eventually drop), Power Dash, Focused Mind/Tidal Protection.

Not a real fan of sage aps pvp, I'd suggest dph. I assume you're going to be using G13's which hit like a feather. Unsparked its like 3-500 dmg hits on my bm which charmed can be tanked pretty easily, it's the CoTD with G15/R9 that are dropping 5-7k zerks and can work a stunlock that tend to be the problem. Unless you only plan on fighting arcane.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    APSing is not fun in pvp. At least I find no enjoyment in it unless it's against other APSer's.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ya sage tidal is kinda op. like what the others have mentioned, go dph style :] also interesting side note- seems normal atk aps doesnt work too well on wizzies with that arcane defense thingy b:surrender
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

My sin went demon in the first place because I can't CS and didn't have any funds/farming toons at the time... now, nearing my endgame, I'm considering switching back to my original preference. If I do go sage, I will get it as soon as I get my interval tome (4aps base), and follow up with rank 9 daggers (I'm already working on the ring).

I HAVE looked at sage and demon skills back and forth, trying to weigh the different factors of more efficient CC and more survivability, etc.

So I guess the question is, what's your opinion of a sage aps r9, for pvp? I've gotten mixed opinions from my friends but I really would like a more focused and sin-minded opinion.

Sage is OP with Tidal.

But Archosaur blows for PvP. And you know this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    also interesting side note- seems normal atk aps doesnt work too well on wizzies with that arcane defense thingy b:surrender

Only in a 1v1 scenario. If you're in a group situation, you should be able to position yourself to push them into your allies. :)

But like others have said, DPH is a much better route than APS.

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned sage Deaden Nerves. The extra duration means it's active (or should be active) a majority of the time. Likewise, the extra couple seconds immunity is nice on Maze Steps. Rib Strike is also nice to use on Barbs and other high HP targets.
    Not a real fan of sage aps pvp
    [snip]
    Unless you only plan on fighting under to moderately geared arcane.

Taking your point a little further. End game PvP arcanes will generally have enough p.def to withstand G13 attacks, unless you can keep them stun locked longer than their AD/Expel will last.
  • bubbelgirl
    bubbelgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    if u go sage 4 pvp, go full r9 ;p b a nuke with loads of atk lvls & def lvls, even with no DoT/JoSD/DoD in gear ;p with all the extra atk from bonus's/chill/blessing u'll b 1-shotting all/most
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:laugh no sage subsea for you besides you dont like my sage power dashQQ
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

You wont be 4,0 base with R9. You will be 2,86 base, 3,33 on wind shield unless your getting r8r stuff with interval.

As far as for the Demon/Sage discussion... Many people tried to argue about this. Both sides have their benefits/flaws. Ive been both and for myself i like demon more, simply because i can use my genie for debuffs/selfheal and dont have to windshield all the time.

Im not sure if being demon/sage makes much of a difference in pk, sins are mostly squishy and target #1 in general anyway because everyone is scared of stealthy stalkers, at least on Sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]