@GMS/Players NEW MOTIVATION TO HELP/ TEAM UP AND QUEST IN OPEN WORLD

gyroki
gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
When you help a person with lower level than you in FB you get some blood for quest reward after boss kill, e.g. Xenobeast Blood, Claw Blood, Phantom Blood.

In theory you could make gear with this blood. But even at server start most parts of those gears never made sense. The stats are too crappy and the effort do get dq medals is too high (only the intervall bracers are worth to make imo). So everyone just discards the blood after boss kill. The reputation and little exp you get for killing a fb boss are also not worth to talk about.

@GMs

If you want to motivate people to make new characters and if you want to motivate people to team up with each other, then the blood should become more useful. Something pwe is obvioulsy allowed to control independently from china is the DQ Reward system. It would be nice if the blood from bosses would give some DQ Reward points when you sell it to a NPC.
For many FBs you even have to do quests in world to obtain the tabs. This way you would motivate people to play in open world.

@Players
How many DQ Reward points should one blood give to motivate you to help people with FBs?
Post edited by gyroki on

Comments

• SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    500 DQ points o\__/o I think that will be beautiful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually sounds.....reasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I always help people with their FBs.

Yesterday I was as tank in fb51.

And I know, that fb squads gather very, very fast.

"Sorry full." - This is common answer.

What you say about again ?

Motivation for what ?

Edit:

I think all players know, that tabber can get Molds and 3* as drop from bosses in his/her fb.

Actually powerlevelers do their fbs only.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Then make a petition with a poll then.
  • McStabbby - Raging Tide
    McStabbby - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012

that would be great, all that blood just sitting in my bank would have a useful purposeb:dirty
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    that would be great, all that blood just sitting in my bank would have a useful purposeb:dirty

Then sell it to NPC.

Again, tabber can get better rewards from fbs than blood (Molds and 3* items as drop from bosses).

Also players have good amount of reputation, experience and spirit from it.

Edit:
    I not compare same amounts with FC.
    Also level 101 can do most FBs himself. It more look like someone want to farm fbs for DQ.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Again, tabber can get better rewards from fbs than blood (Molds and 3* items as drop from bosses).
    How does this work?
    When im helping in an FB59 for example, there are hardly ever drops besides coin. Crapdrops, cause 3* and molds i've never seen drop when helping.

Not sure, but if it has something to do with me being a way higher level then 59, it would make some sense.
    In PWMY there was this rumor about the tabber dealing the last blow to the boss. So when 10% HP is left, back off and let the tabber finish it off. This would improve droprate.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    How does this work?

I can say that at some fbs we had up to 2 molds at one fb.

According pwdatabase it work so:
    Whether the server calculates the amount of dropped items or not depends on the difference of player and monster's level and server rates (for official servers they are 1 by default).
    Additional drop (Edit:molds including) rate is independent from default. Whether it drops or not depends only on 1 value that starting from this version is shown in database. Level difference, amount of dropped items from default drop don't have any influence on it.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Most ppl even don't do their FBs nowadays. They just run the instance for culti if needed, w/o having all or any tabs. And molds... lol. They are worth nothing. The additional materials to manufacture a weapon or gear cost more than the finished stuff. All servers became flooded with mold weapons/gear over the years.
    And you can make all mold weapons by doing divine contract quests. If you have a high level character on same account + account stash you can do this within a view minutes.

Also players have good amount of reputation, experience and spirit from it.

Edit:
    I not compare same amounts with FC.
    No, the exp/ spirit is ridiculous low. And ofc you HAVE to compare it with FC or BHs nowadays. Because they are part of the game, if you play the same game as I do...

Also level 101 can do most FBs himself. It more look like someone want to farm fbs for DQ.

And wanting a method to farm DQs is... something negative? You hate farmers much? Not everyone wants to CS everything. There are people out there which want to play the game and get proper rewards for doing it.

Imo 500 DQ points would be way too much. I thought about 100-250 DQ points.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    gyroki wrote: »
    And wanting a method to farm DQs is... something negative? You hate farmers much? Not everyone wants to CS everything. There are people out there which want to play the game and get proper rewards for doing it...

I not CS also. But I not require more and more rewards for R9 or something.

These changes are not for "newbie" players in any case.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can say that at some fbs we had up to 2 molds at one fb.

According pwdatabase it work so:
    Thx for that link! =]

And i agree, the idea stated in the OP isnt bad at all.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012

These changes are not for "newbie" players in any case.

I will vote for any change of common quests though.

Like for NPC that rewarded players for completed quests.

I got good amount of Spirit/ Experience from those NPC, because completed even more quests than he could imagine.

Edit:
    Our maps are empty.

If, just if quests will be interesting for players, FC runs will be interesting for Assassins may be only.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be nice if the blood from bosses would give some DQ Reward points when you sell it to a NPC.

I don't think it's a good idea for the reason that people will abuse it, people will create new accounts with low lvl chars and go solo the FB with the main over and over again and get a lot of DQ points.
    Actually powerlevelers do their fbs only.

Not really, powerlvl people know that FB is ''useless'', that give a small amount of rep and exp that's all, people that powerlvl just do cultivation. (You don't need to do FB to do cultivation)
    And powerlvl players lvl so fast that they can't do FB, to get the tabs of a FB people need to be in the range lvl. (example: someone lvl 75 cannot get the tabs for FB 29-39...etc..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's a good idea for the reason that people will abuse it, people will create new accounts with low lvl chars and go solo the FB with the main over and over again and get a lot of DQ points.

Raise of hands... which 1 of you is stupid enough to go through all the cult quests for 3k dq points (fb19 with 6 tabs assuming 500 points per tab). And if i remember fb29's cult chain is pretty long.... probably better luck/returns grinding vos.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Imo 500 DQ points would be way too much. I thought about 100-250 DQ points.

Yea 100 - 250DQ points does sound reasonable +1 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a good idea since bloods have pretty much always been kinda useless in the overall scheme of things. A new player wouldn't know what they did or were for muchless think to ask for them... and an older player would have outgrown what they'd be useful for by the time they collected enough for them to help any.

As for value, it should be based on the blood. FB19, for example, could be 5 to 50 (really FB19s are so easy that even by your 80s you can round up and AoE the entire instances without any worry) while something like FB99 could be anywhere from 100 to 250 to perhaps even the chest of coin 500. And once you've managed to get the low and high for them, you could adjust the rest of the values to have an interval amount that matches up.
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tbh this is a really good idea.... Do etttttt!!!! b:laugh b:victory
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Rep from FB boss kills needs to be raised.

Like to 1k per boss kill or something.
    edited July 2012
    Raise of hands... which 1 of you is stupid enough to go through all the cult quests for 3k dq points (fb19 with 6 tabs assuming 500 points per tab). And if i remember fb29's cult chain is pretty long.... probably better luck/returns grinding vos.

You should raise your hand first. FB can be done without do culti as culti can be done without do FB. The tabs can even be put in account stash ijs, but i guess you didn't know that. Some people could just do the low FB over and over again. Ofc people won't do all the FB from 19 to 99, but some will just do the lowest.

FB is not something that people absolutely need to complete to play the game. It's just a quest giving exp and rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AssVioIator - Harshlands
    AssVioIator - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, yes it would be.
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think its a good idea. since I dont think you can really abuse it. to delete a char it takes 7 days. who would take the time to create new accounts just to do this. to plvl a char means you have to fly it to ff and remember to stop at lvl 19/29/39/49 etc. to do the fb just for dq and to fly back and forth that would take forever... noone will abuse this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    I think its a good idea. since I dont think you can really abuse it. to delete a char it takes 7 days. who would take the time to create new accounts just to do this. to plvl a char means you have to fly it to ff and remember to stop at lvl 19/29/39/49 etc. to do the fb just for dq and to fly back and forth that would take forever... noone will abuse this.

You can do fb at any level since level when you can get this quest.

80+ character can't get something useful from 19+ level quest. This is why this thread. Powerlevelers created it.

Also you not need to fly to desired fb cave. You can teleport to it.

Edit:
    At 101 level you must know above already.

As OP stated ...
    And wanting a method to farm DQs is... something negative? You hate farmers much? Not everyone wants to CS everything. There are people out there which want to play the game and get proper rewards for doing it...

it is a "method to farm DQs".
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    You can do fb at any level since level when you can get this quest..

What pho is talking about is the tabs or Call to Dutys. Those have to be picked up sperately from the quests to kill the bosses in the FBs. However, once you pass certain levels, you'd be unable to pick those quests up. So someone powerleveling an alt to solo its FBs would have to stop at the appropriate levels to pick up the tabs and teleport/fly around the map as well as do any quests that are per-requisites in order to actually abuse this.
    Some people could just do the low FB over and over again.
    Hence why my suggestion for this was to make the amount gained based on the blood. Thus the lower level FBs become something not worth the effort to attempt to abuse, and while the higher ones are rewarding, you'd have to actually commit to the characters somewhat or actually be actively joining other FB squads to get there.
    edited July 2012
    truekossy wrote: »

Hence why my suggestion for this was to make the amount gained based on the blood. Thus the lower level FBs become something not worth the effort to attempt to abuse, and while the higher ones are rewarding, you'd have to actually commit to the characters somewhat or actually be actively joining other FB squads to get there.

Well to make it the way people don't create a bunch of alts just for that, they could make the blood unable to trade, so people won't bring a bunch of alts on follow to get more blood to trade to the main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Well to make it the way people don't create a bunch of alts just for that, they could make the blood unable to trade, so people won't bring a bunch of alts on follow to get more blood to trade to the main.

That's already kinda covered with the varying value thing. If a Xenobeast blood (FB19) for example was only worth 10 then they'd only get 50 DQ points for all the effort of bothering to run 6 clients, get 6 chars above 19 so they can get the reward, and actually dragging them along.

That's a lot of effort for 2 DQs worth even excluding the whole it being against the rules to run more than 2 clients per person thing (which most ignore anyways). Meanwhile for something like FB99, sure it'd be a much larger reward to anyone willing to do that, but making it untradable would also hurt those doing things legitly.... or those (incredibly rare, mind you) people that are actually using the blood for the gear/collecting them for... some reason.

It's kinda like chest of coins. A person can multiclient a full rebirth and pass the chests off to 1 account... but the vast majority that finds that as way too much effort aren't punished by having them untradable.
  • Nevetira - Sanctuary
    Nevetira - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That sounds absolutely awesome.

But then, I will regret big time because I NPC-ed all the bloods I got from every FBs I ran 3-4 years ago due to insufficient spaces in inventory and storage lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think a great motivation for people to help out in FB's would be increasing the XP by a huge amount accross all FB's.
    Lets face it, you go on a BH you get **** tonne more. Sadly in a way BH's have become more important than the FB's to people despite the fact that in alot of cases or from 69 onwards you have culti quests an quest mobs that need sorting which are essential too player advancment.

People are forgetting how to run FB's too. Esspecially the latter ones like Abbadon.
    Ill use Abba as an example tho cos its one of the most confusing instances to navigate.
    I think because its a later FB, people didnt learn it as well as say Brim or Eden. But ive had complaints from friends about X guild not knowing wth too do or where to go an got totally lost, strung out all round the instance, split up, mobs trapping squishies, people getting killed for stupid fail *** lack of co operation reasons. People have forgotten how to work together.

People have become lazy, stopped listening to eachother, like to gung ho everything an it gets messy. Its not just in FB's its pretty much everything.
    Back to Abba. yesterday i landed my Barb Ruli here in a random high aps 3 sin 1 BM 1 cleric party. By time i got in the instance they was all coming up on the boss so i just ran to party. Buffed them all.

They tried to get a quick kill on the boss without him healing. It didnt work. It healed itself an went too town on me and yes i must have had aggro cos i was 1st to die. b:laugh
    SCORE
    Bm runs off with a couple of survivers an cleric gives me a res. Couple of em was trapped in the pool i ran over to boss, bit it an pulled it away so they could get clear. I actually died again pulling him an it reset. Long story short without the boss resetting party regrouped near his spawn point and we continued to kill him. Somebody sparked..
    It healed. People got pissed. I died again. People shouted lower your aps, dont spark. They didnt listen. I died again. It healed like 20 times because people didnt listen. I killed a charm because people didnt listen.
    Damn i hate sinsb:angryb:infuriated
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    I think a great motivation for people to help out in FB's would be increasing the XP by a huge amount accross all FB's.
    Lets face it, you go on a BH you get **** tonne more. Sadly in a way BH's have become more important than the FB's to people despite the fact that in alot of cases or from 69 onwards you have culti quests an quest mobs that need sorting which are essential too player advancment...

It can help a bit.

Sometimes I meet squads of newbies that not know about game, are rude and useless.

Yesterday I saw again in WC invitations to fb51.

At moment when I asked to invite me squad was almost full (one place empty).

They were asking for tank.

I said that can tank fb51.

When I saw squad members though my opinion changed lightly.

Cleric was level 61, Mystic also was lowlevel (but his healing was good then).

So, they asked me again if I can tank fb51 when I was on the way to stone to teleport.

I said "yes", I can.

In instance Assassin of low level and Archer (good for his class) begin to attack mobs without me.

Assassin had been killed.

Comment of leader (Wizard level 66 at Arch) before death of Assassin:

"Most mobs there are physical. We have one tank only - Assassin..."

I used DB to kill those first mobs while Archer was alive yet.

Then used DB to kill next 3 mobs while Cleric healed me.

Comment of leader (Wizard level 66 at Arch) :

"Can you tank or not ?".

While I had said that I can, Cleric had been killed by next mobs, attacked by someone in squad.

Next 10 mobs I killed without Cleic because he had to fly back. Other squad member except Archer (good that he trusted me) were idle.

After death of the Fush we were standing waiting for Rankar.

I said:

"Tab."

Leader (someone lowlevel):

"I will save tab for Wyvern."

Someone:
    "Rankar coming."

I asked:
    " Will you tab or not ?"

Leader (someone lowlevel):

"no."

I left squad.