Call to arms

Options
JinxRake - Momaganon
JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Assassin
Just kidding with the title.
But in all seriousness...why all the hate for the Sin?

I get it, it's an imbalanced class played by mostly noobs and which pretty much is the sign of an amateur in the game...but isn't the hate for Sins a bit too strong?

Coming off on that note...let's have a show of hands and a bit of solidarity for those of us that actually enjoy playing this class for how awesome it actually is. Weapons look cool, skills are freaking nice, damage is nice as well and it's a great, fun to play class all around.

So why so much hate?
Post edited by JinxRake - Momaganon on

Comments

• witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    its overpowered most sins have a god complex and are utter douchebags
    not including skai empu typhyse geshwur olbaze those guys are nice
    sins think they are pro for killing easy targets and use cheap tactics to win

good enough for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Awh, thanks so much for complementb:cute

And yeah, that pretty much says it all. 99.99999% of the time, sin players are either CSd out their bums and are utter **** holes, or are geared like **** and have no idea what in the world they're doing.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Awh, thanks so much for complementb:cute

And yeah, that pretty much says it all. 99.99999% of the time, sin players are either CSd out their bums and are utter **** holes, or are geared like **** and have no idea what in the world they're doing.

demon troll in a nutshell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    witniss wrote: »
    demon troll in a nutshell
    Lmao! Ikr?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lmao! Ikr?

sounds like something spazz would have said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    witniss wrote: »
    sounds like something spazz would have said
    b:chuckle
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Speaking of Spazz, I wonder where he has been. I miss his pony posts, even though he wasn't a brony.

And thanks for the compliment b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Speaking of Spazz, I wonder where he has been. I miss his pony posts, even though he wasn't a brony.

-Wonders if he should say it or not...-
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Has he been banned again? D:
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I get it, it's an imbalanced class played by mostly noobs and which pretty much is the sign of an amateur in the game...but isn't the hate for Sins a bit too strong?

Coming off on that note...let's have a show of hands and a bit of solidarity for those of us that actually enjoy playing this class for how awesome it actually is. Weapons look cool, skills are freaking nice, damage is nice as well and it's a great, fun to play class all around.

So why so much hate?

I think the hate mainly comes from the class being the perfect incarnation of the "dps-craze". Majority of the sins 100+ run around with epic daggers while their armor is mediocre at the best. No joke, on Sanc there are (at least) 3 sins with +10~12 r9 daggers while not even reaching +3 average on armor+ornaments. They symbolize the idiocy or hunting the highest possible 1 target damage (or dps) over any other aspect of the game, as if nirvana is a reference instance (while it's actually the only instance without mobs).

Objectively, there is no reason it's turned to sins only. The number of bad clawbarbs, 200% fistbms, ha str archers, fistvenos without pets, etc also massively increased. Maybe because sins out-dps them all, they got more ego issues then the rest ? Maybe it's the stealth ?

All in all, the class does attract the majority of the childish braggers that are to stupid to think beyond "spark > poke". Others also put the class on a god positions, when everyone was obsessed with the number of seconds needed to kill a boss. Now there are to many with massive ego and ppl start to realise that 1 target damage isn't all that matters.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1391711 Because of threads like that one. And because they all are super original and have names in the dark, sin, assassin, or dagger category. I mean I've seen people with names like xX/\$$/\$$I/\/xx okay not that one in specific because naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. But I have seen assassins THAT desperate to name their toon assassin. Because heaven forbid they have to do one thing that every other assassin is doing. They tend to attract players looking for easy mode basically. There are some great sins out there, and some very nice people playing sins. Plenty of them in fact. It's just that class in particular attracts a higher concentration of annoying players.

In addition the tideborn expansion was a major turning point in the way the game was played, the pervasiveness of the catshop, and the overall friendliness of the community. So people blame them for ruining the game, when in reality if they had simply been fixed at the start and certain changes weren't made to the cashshop. They would have not been the big deal that they were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options

oh he's still here
    posting under the handle unceuncerave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1391711 Because of threads like that one. And because they all are super original and have names in the dark, sin, assassin, or dagger category. I mean I've seen people with names like xX/\$$/\$$I/\/xx okay not that one in specific because naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums. But I have seen assassins THAT desperate to name their toon assassin. Because heaven forbid they have to do one thing that every other assassin is doing. They tend to attract players looking for easy mode basically. There are some great sins out there, and some very nice people playing sins. Plenty of them in fact. It's just that class in particular attracts a higher concentration of annoying players.

In addition the tideborn expansion was a major turning point in the way the game was played, the pervasiveness of the catshop, and the overall friendliness of the community. So people blame them for ruining the game, when in reality if they had simply been fixed at the start and certain changes weren't made to the cashshop. They would have not been the big deal that they were.

the name thing is sooooooooo true. that name sounds familiar btw and considering that you are on DW i think that a certain part of it is real XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the name thing is sooooooooo true. that name sounds familiar btw and considering that you are on DW i think that a certain part of it is real XD

Hypothetically speaking, it is possible that I included a couple of letters of an actual person's in-game name. But if I had done that, hypothetically speaking of course, I also would have changed some parts so as that person's actual identity can't be discovered. Hypothetically speaking of course. Now if I had done such a thing, I could neither confirm nor deny that. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking, it is possible that I included a couple of letters of an actual person's in-game name. But if I had done that, hypothetically speaking of course, I also would have changed some parts so as that person's actual identity can't be discovered. Hypothetically speaking of course. Now if I had done such a thing, I could neither confirm nor deny that. b:avoid

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Status of my mind: Blown
    ~Spazz~
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Status of my mind: Blown

Omg same as my deek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Skaisin!
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    On the name thing...I've seen a lot of really unimaginative names for sins on Momaganon as well. There's an over abundance of sins of the server, so much that I'm not even inviting them anymore in the faction unless they ask. Though I may start to recruit again as it seems most of those that we've got in recruitment gave up on the class...perhaps the cost for decent gear was a bit too high for their taste.

It's a bit astounding really that a class played by so many people has so many bad players, judging from what's been said here and from my own experience. I've seen near 90 Sins in FC that couldn't handle the shades or didn't know to run ahead of the pull so they'd have a Subsea ready to aid the Seeker.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Skaisin!

Emb:fatb
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

So why so much hate?

Other classes should hate the sin, obviously not the player.
    I used to play this class and PvP very often on it back on Archosaur, but on the new server I found that APSing anything down only has its usefulness in PvE and 1v1s.

The reason people hate the class is because it's designed to 1v1 other classes and win, assassins can't survive against 2 or more people unless it enters stealth, and stays there, or unless they're full Rank 9 and just /faceroll the keyboard until they get stunned, then just hit faith and go back to /facerolling.

On a better note, I'm getting better at using SVP 11, and my wizard is awesome.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Emb:fatb

win
    skai check your pms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I already have, just didn't really feel the need of a reply ;o

And Empoo!
  • witniss
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I already have, just didn't really feel the need of a reply ;o

And Empoo!

time for the hilarity, rate them on a 1-10 scale 10 being the best :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]