Decisions...

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Wizard
So right now my gear looks like this.

I am pretty damn close to hitting 99 and then not long till 100.

At 100 my build will look something like this.

Now my question is:

What gear should I change, should I bother with 200k rep, should I get a G16 nirvana magic sword, should I get 2x pieces of R8 recast for the +HP? etc etc etc

I really don't know :(

Any suggestions on build?

Keep in mind this is mostly a TW character which I play in mid to low tier TWs(find them more fun).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Rank8 weapon is awesome for pritty cheap (cheaper than a G13 nirvana weapon, and way better) (at the 200k rep) (also a pritty good chest piece for cheap, 6% channeling on it is nice)

Rank8 recast is pritty good, and not to expencive if your faction does alot of trials (trials mats are like double what we pay for them in faction when you want to buy them outside, on DW)
    A cleric in my faction has 2 pieces of R8R and 2 pieces of G16 gear, giving him an awesome 1400 HP bonus (cleric R8R set bonus is 900 HP, while wizzys is only 500), but remember that a full set of G16 gives alot of att and defence lvls also (15 def and 20 att)

The main question for you would be 'what is your budget'?
    A G16 weapon would cost 250 raptures, a few weeks of farming warsong, and a 5 million TT99 weapon (the pataka is very cheap) Costs is mostly the raps, which would come at about 325-350 million
    Within our faction, a R8recast weapon would cost about 250million for example (and you easely farm alot of those mats yourself)
    R8 recast weapons offer alot of very strong defencive bonusses, from 20+ defence lvls to purify spell add on (purifys + anti stun + holy path for 5 seconds when you get hit, 10% chance)

Asuming you have enough money, I'd suggest full G16 gear (keep the hat and cape you have now though)

For farming, you'll be doing awesome in Caster nirvana, even with your lvl 98 build
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    G16 sword even if it would mean shaving costs on other pieces and not upgrading them. G16 and R8 difference is huge. Stand alone one could argue G16 is better than R9 weapon. Since you already have G13 NV I wouldn't bother with R8 at all, just G15/16 two pieces and get a LG/PQ3 ring and you'll be pretty decent. Since your wrists are already at +10 I'd probably G15 the chest and leggings. G15 yields crit and channel as well as 5 attack levels which for a DD may be more useful than 500HP.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    @Sirrrobert there would be no point in going g16 w/o the full set because the complect bonus at 5 pieces and 6 pieces are important. With 5 pieces, you gain 15 def levels and at 6 pieces you gain 20 attack levels. So there is really no point in getting rid of +10 wrists to get a few more hp off refines. G16 Weapon is definitely the best choice aside from r9. Yes r8r gives defensive abilities but in the end, you are a TW character, you have to deal damage.

I would suggest in getting r8r top + bottom w/ g16 weapon if you have the cash.
    r8r top and bottom gives +900 hp which is nice and its g15. I would honestly think your nirvy top + bottom will suffice. If you spend the amount of money you woulddve on r8r and isntead put it into refines, you will gain a pretty nice amount of hp.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
    edited July 2012
    Wizzy R8r is only 500 HP set bonus, cleric is 900 :(
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    The Rank8 weapon is awesome for pritty cheap (cheaper than a G13 nirvana weapon, and way better) (at the 200k rep) (also a pritty good chest piece for cheap, 6% channeling on it is nice)

Rank8 recast is pritty good, and not to expencive if your faction does alot of trials (trials mats are like double what we pay for them in faction when you want to buy them outside, on DW)
    A cleric in my faction has 2 pieces of R8R and 2 pieces of G16 gear, giving him an awesome 1400 HP bonus (cleric R8R set bonus is 900 HP, while wizzys is only 500), but remember that a full set of G16 gives alot of att and defence lvls also (15 def and 20 att)

The main question for you would be 'what is your budget'?
    A G16 weapon would cost 250 raptures, a few weeks of farming warsong, and a 5 million TT99 weapon (the pataka is very cheap) Costs is mostly the raps, which would come at about 325-350 million
    Within our faction, a R8recast weapon would cost about 250million for example (and you easely farm alot of those mats yourself)
    R8 recast weapons offer alot of very strong defencive bonusses, from 20+ defence lvls to purify spell add on (purifys + anti stun + holy path for 5 seconds when you get hit, 10% chance)

Asuming you have enough money, I'd suggest full G16 gear (keep the hat and cape you have now though)

For farming, you'll be doing awesome in Caster nirvana, even with your lvl 98 build

Budget is probably around....hmmm no more then around 800mil(ish) for a weapon.
    G16 sword even if it would mean shaving costs on other pieces and not upgrading them. G16 and R8 difference is huge. Stand alone one could argue G16 is better than R9 weapon. Since you already have G13 NV I wouldn't bother with R8 at all, just G15/16 two pieces and get a LG/PQ3 ring and you'll be pretty decent. Since your wrists are already at +10 I'd probably G15 the chest and leggings. G15 yields crit and channel as well as 5 attack levels which for a DD may be more useful than 500HP.

Mmmm, that gives me something to think about
    @Sirrrobert there would be no point in going g16 w/o the full set because the complect bonus at 5 pieces and 6 pieces are important. With 5 pieces, you gain 15 def levels and at 6 pieces you gain 20 attack levels. So there is really no point in getting rid of +10 wrists to get a few more hp off refines. G16 Weapon is definitely the best choice aside from r9. Yes r8r gives defensive abilities but in the end, you are a TW character, you have to deal damage.

I would suggest in getting r8r top + bottom w/ g16 weapon if you have the cash.
    r8r top and bottom gives +900 hp which is nice and its g15. I would honestly think your nirvy top + bottom will suffice. If you spend the amount of money you woulddve on r8r and isntead put it into refines, you will gain a pretty nice amount of hp.

If it's only 500 HP then I don't think I'll look down that road :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Has this been verified? PWDatabase for the Robe of Nature: Sol lists the set bonus for 2 pieces as +900 hp.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32279
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012

Incorrect. All the R8r HP bonus for each armour class (LA, AA, HA) are the same and are not class dependant. G16 NV is +500 HP, R8r for all AA is +900 HP.

Yes, I do have R8r on my wizard.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    Incorrect. All the R8r HP bonus for each armour class (LA, AA, HA) are the same and are not class dependant. G16 NV is +500 HP, R8r for all AA is +900 HP.

Yes, I do have R8r on my wizard.

Hmmmmm, maybe that is an option then. R8r leg and top, and use the R8 wep till I get G16 nirvana wep...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited July 2012
    Hmmmmm, maybe that is an option then. R8r leg and top, and use the R8 wep till I get G16 nirvana wep...

This is the same decision I've been mulling over. It comes down to which adds you get on the r8r, since it's a bit more of a gamble vs s3 nirv.
    edited July 2012
    This is the same decision I've been mulling over. It comes down to which adds you get on the r8r, since it's a bit more of a gamble vs s3 nirv.

I actually don't like the adds on the S3 armor that much :( but yes, I do like those adds more then evasino or -req or something stupid the R8r comes with.

Something else I've been thinking of doing is getting the defense levels on the R8r weapon.

But tbh, I don't need them for the TW I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited July 2012
    I actually don't like the adds on the S3 armor that much :( but yes, I do like those adds more then evasino or -req or something stupid the R8r comes with.

Something else I've been thinking of doing is getting the defense levels on the R8r weapon.

But tbh, I don't need them for the TW I do.

s3 nirv top has evasion 100-200. :/

s3 looks to just be an expansion on s2 (duh), so it's the standard 3 useful stats, and 1 'wtf point does that serve' stat.

I've been leaning more towards the full nirv set myself, since it's stashable to other AA classes.
    edited July 2012
    s3 nirv top has evasion 100-200. :/

s3 looks to just be an expansion on s2 (duh), so it's the standard 3 useful stats, and 1 'wtf point does that serve' stat.

I've been leaning more towards the full nirv set myself, since it's stashable to other AA classes.

That's the one reason I won't get R9(expensive/not stashable). I have 4-5 arcane classes that could use the arcane gear and weps. R8r isn't too expensive and that +HP would come in handy...

and I love the lookb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited July 2012
    Has this been verified? PWDatabase for the Robe of Nature: Sol lists the set bonus for 2 pieces as +900 hp.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32279

Weird, I was sure it was 500, somehow.
    Tnx for correcting me
    Budget is probably around....hmmm no more then around 800mil(ish) for a weapon.

With 250 raptures @ 1,4mil each, a G16 weapon costs you about 350-400 mil clean (depending on warsong drops, what weapon you use to make nirvy in the first place
    Add saphire gems for 12 mil each (well that obviusly depends on your server), and refines. Sicne I heard that refining G16 weapons takes 5 mirages each time (instead of 2), that adds nicely to the cost.
    But for 800mil, I'm pritty sure you can turn it into a pritty damn awesome weapon
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    If you have more than 1 character that's AA and you play it it makes no sense going anything but Nirvana, let alone having 4. If I were you I'd G15 top and leggings, +7/10 them, G11 cit/DoT them and get G16 weapon.

Let's play guess who.
    edited July 2012
    Just for tinkering's sake, I made a pwcalc of a full s3 nirv set. No orns, shards, or buffs. Just the armor/wep and a ring, since I needed to use the engraving slots.

PWcalc doesn't have s3 nirv in it yet (if ever, considering the person who runs it isn't updating it anymore :( ) so I threw the 20 atk levels from the set bonus on top of the 40 the wep gets, and put the HP and def lvl bonuses into ring engravings on the r8 ring.

Also, since this is stage 2 gear, which is G15, the HP on the refines is lower than it would normally be, but based on what G16 r9 refines at (assuming should be the same since refines are based on gear lvl), add in about 45 hp per piece of gear to the base hp. Which is 270.

The weapon suffers the same issue, but since I could override the min/max mag and phy atks on it to match the s3 Sandy World, should be close.

Again, just something to tinker with as a base for people looking to see what s3 would give them.

http://pwcalc.com/0c570fc879bf3d8b
    edited July 2012
    So I should have S3 Nirvana Foundation of World wand in the next week or so(so excited :D)

Smexy wep <3

Just need to think about the armor now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited July 2012
    So I should have S3 Nirvana Foundation of World wand in the next week or so(so excited :D)

Smexy wep <3

Just need to think about the armor now...

Your going to jump from an Aquadash to a G16 wand?
    DAMN, prepare to fall out of your chair if you see the dmg than b:victory
    edited July 2012
    Your going to jump from an Aquadash to a G16 wand?
    DAMN, prepare to fall out of your chair if you see the dmg than b:victory

Damn straight, skip the rank 8 and go FOR GOLD!b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    edited July 2012
    Decided to go with magic sword, I like a lil' bit of spike damageb:chuckleshall have it in the next few days :)

*goes to FF my *** off*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
This discussion has been closed.