a little love for clerics

redthewitch
redthewitch Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
i know the they have tried to work on class balance with the last couple updates (if you call it that) and don't get me wrong, i like what they did adding morai... but how about a little love for clerics in the pvp/pk department.

firstly, the new cleric skills are well..... a joke??? ask most clerics, how often do you find violet dance useful. not sure i have in the last few weeks/months, don't really know when i seriously used unless grinding easy mobs of some sort. come on, we cant heal??? thats what clerics do, b:beatup who thinks this stuff up???

we have been a disadvantaged pvp class for a long time. yes we can gear up and become quite skilled, but lets face it... when facing a skilled and well geared opponent we are not the class of choice.

lets say each class was pays for r9 and refines and shards respectably, clerics again get the least bang for the buck. a sin would be scary, a barb an unkillable hp machine, a deadly psychic, the new op archer.... a cleric???? ummmmm, a mushroom?

anyhow, there is still no other class i would rather play. and i know "your a support class, just heal and shut up" but developers where is the love???????

b:heartb:heartb:heartb:heart
Post edited by redthewitch on

Comments

• Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because being able to buff in various ways, having various shells and being able to constantly heal yourself isn't enough?

Yea, I see your disadvantage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    being able to buff in various ways, having various shells and being able to constantly heal yourself

Just like mystics, huh?

Except that they also have summons, an antistun, a knockback...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    but developers where is the love???????
    Check your wallet. :P

I love clerics. Back up healing for when there is no sin to bp me. b:shutup
    Also really cool is how they can group up mobs across huge distances. I think this has something do to with the cleric healing himself and re-aggroing the group by doing this? Only magic mobs, ok, but still.
    Cleric [elf] flyers are the most cool ones ingame imo.
    As a male cleric, you can be a dude in a dress! In a game that does not support same-sex marriage? The insanity! xD
    Also, i dont see Trials happening with no clerics present. Same goes for full delta.
    In Warsong, even lvl 12 bp wouldnt cut it. Those sac magic mobs are packing heat. D:
    Clerics have a skill that saves my spark/apo when i want to get rid of a nasty debuff.

Not much else coming to mind atm, but trust me, there is more.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least you aren't priests used to be in RO where you have only ONE incredibly weak offensive skill when you want to be great support and the only other skill you can use for offense not only cuts into your support capabilities, but also doesn't do anything in PvP unless your opponent is wearing a certain type of armor.
  • redthewitch
    edited July 2012
    oh, i love my cleric... and the squad aspect is fine

PVP/PK was the topic

"facepalm"
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    PVP/PK was the topic

I think my post gave a relevant response not worth facepalming. :)
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh, i love my cleric... and the squad aspect is fine

PVP/PK was the topic

"facepalm"
    Sorry, this:
    "your a support class, just heal and shut up"

Sounded pretty party-based to me. :P
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Just like mystics, huh?

Except that they also have summons, an antistun, a knockback...

You didn't hear me QQing, did you? =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Clerics aren't supposed to being good at PvP to begin with...
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Nevetira - Sanctuary
    Nevetira - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, clerics are meant for support.
    If you like to PvP a lot and be good at PvP, it's best to play a DD class or a tank that can be a DD as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Well in pvp/tw cleric is always the first target but have no skill anti stun while sins and bm chain stun constantly.

Yes we have plume shell, but look like people don't know that in pvp/tw plume shell is useless if you are not mp charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Yang - Momaganon
    Yang - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Yes we have plume shell, but look like people don't know that in pvp/tw plume shell is useless if you are not mp charm.

And just why would you not be charmed in that situation aside from it being something you aren't giving much thought to? o_O
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why the heck the OP waited 5 months to QQ on the new Cleric skills? b:puzzled
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i agree with u on the point that most new morai skills for clerics r outright useless..

1) violet dance encourages ppl to DD instead of healing (seriously, ANY class deals more dmg than cleric, even if the cleric got r9 and atk lv shards...)

2) the 8-sec-deaden nerves skill (pious blessing) requires violet dance mode...hello?
    until u activated vd and buffed the 8sec stuff ur target died at least 3x, since u aint able to heal it in the meantime as well
    and 8secs aint that much, really...imo they should either remove the vd requirement, or increase the duration to lets say 20secs, that would b more useful

atm im using neither of the new cleric skills, since vd is pretty useless...cleric is no DD, no matter how much ppl QQ about it
    one might say mystic can heal as well, but seriously...clerics can a) heal better and b) mystic deals at least double the dmg of a cleric (keep in mind that mystics got pets that deal 3x the amount per second that any average caster would), and my slogan is still: mystic is healSUPPORT; no heal > nothing to support
  • redthewitch
    edited July 2012

rofl... this just slays me

but lets see,

sins can solo quite their share of things, be great support/necessary for squads, speed run nirvy and be the top 1v1 pvp class in the game????

b:faint

can i facepalm this?????
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    sins can be great support/necessary for squads

Are we playing the same game? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    And just why would you not be charmed in that situation aside from it being something you aren't giving much thought to? o_O

Well cleric is the only class that absolutely need a mp charm for use his ''defense'' skill, while they are the main target in pvp/tw, as main target could be fun to have a defense skill that doesn't need to be mp charm to work or a skill for anti-stun or something like that, cleric have the lowest hp/defense in the game, but it's the main target cause they are the healer and are needed in TW/PvP.

And yea i agree the morai skills are ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rofl... this just slays me

but lets see,

sins can solo quite their share of things, be great support/necessary for squads, speed run nirvy and be the top 1v1 pvp class in the game????

b:faint

can i facepalm this?????

....and sins aren't supposed to be so OP to begin with.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm very happy to have Ancestors Blessing, but I didnt, and wont get any other morai skills.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because being able to buff in various ways, having various shells and being able to constantly heal yourself isn't enough?

Yea, I see your disadvantage...

And yet, with all these skills, clerics are still a non-factor in pvp.
    Something's wrong.

I don't expect to be able to go one-on-one with any player and win.
    But I do expect to be able to stay alive for more than 2 sec. lol.

But primarily I wanted to be able to SUPPORT fellow players when
    they are in a mass pvp situation. And I can't even do that. Like
    someone else said, the cleric is a prime target. Not good for much
    at all in any aspect of pvp.
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh lol'd, an OP class asking for a buff... more like they need a nerf i dont even..... b:angry
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »
    And yet, with all these skills, clerics are still a non-factor in pvp.
    Something's wrong.
    Only if you're in crappy gear or suck at the class. Clerics (especially the demon variety) are still deadly in PK with equal gear/skill as other classes (excluding OP fish as always) when played right.
    I don't expect to be able to go one-on-one with any player and win.
    But I do expect to be able to stay alive for more than 2 sec. lol.
    If you can't survive for more than 2 secs in a 1v1 as a cleric against someone with the same level of gear as you then you kinda sorta suck.
    But primarily I wanted to be able to SUPPORT fellow players when
    they are in a mass pvp situation. And I can't even do that. Like
    someone else said, the cleric is a prime target. Not good for much
    at all in any aspect of pvp.
    Cleric being a prime target means you do like in TW. You support your squad and your squad does what it can to keep stuff off you. Not that difficult a concept to understand. Healers are always a prime target in any MMO and the same thing applies to them. If your team can't keep things off you that well then it's a team problem and not the class.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The morai skills did suck for cleric.

And the deaden nerves is an absolute joke. VD is a 15 sec cd. So Im giving my squad 8 seconds of protection for 7 seconds of having them run around with no support. And this also requires me to wave around a huge, purple flashy skill thats as good as attaching a neon KILL ME sign on my forehead.

Hope they fix these skills.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh lol'd, an OP class asking for a buff... more like they need a nerf i dont even..... b:angry

Nop, godlike healing, shields, purify, sleep, debuffs and buffs arn't enough. Clerics need another Nuke at least, stealth and exclusive flying mounts that **** lightning b:angry
    I hate Room 38
    edited July 2012
    Nop, godlike healing, shields, purify, sleep, debuffs and buffs arn't enough. Clerics need another Nuke at least, stealth and exclusive flying mounts that **** lightning b:angry

I love how people speak like cleric was the most OP class in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited July 2012
    I love how people speak like cleric was the most OP class in PvP.

Either you missed the sarcasm or don't seem to realize Bearish is a troll and that reply was along the same lines.
    exclusive flying mounts that **** lightning b:angry
    Sign me up!
    edited July 2012
    Either you missed the sarcasm or don't seem to realize Bearish is a troll and that reply was along the same lines.

Read my post again, i didn't quote bearish. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Read my post again, i didn't quote bearish. b:bye

Read my post again. I never said you quoted bearish. b:bye
    edited July 2012
    Read my post again. I never said you quoted bearish. b:bye

Than why you quote me saying i don't understand bearish, you are probably more troll than him finally. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]