Gear tips

Options
Thunderbow - Momaganon
Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Archer
my current gear is http://pwcalc.com/bc965588937d71b7 im atm farming coins for a cube necklace any1 got tips what i should get after that. i am not rich farmed coinsfor all my gear never cash shopped a penny so im kinda poor so suggestions with a budget already thankyou
Post edited by Thunderbow - Momaganon on

Comments

• witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    with the amount of str you have im assuming you're claw, i would suggest farming nirv pants after your cube neck try and get a better belt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    LG ring if you PvP (2 is preferred)
    4th map belt
    Voidlands tome
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    1: Get 4th map belt/Jungle belt/warsong belt
    2: Get a better ring than the FC gold. Lunar/Sky Cover are both good choices. Even a band from heaven's jail or the level 90 attendance ring would do better.
    3: Switch for a dex tome since you don't seem like you're geared towards fists/claws.
    4: Get a better cape and pants. Preferably get them both as the same Nirvana type.
    5: Get all your gear to at least +5 to +7 range

Those are all 5 cheap and fast things you can work on.
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    working on 4th map belt im not getting nirvana pants cuz im not going aps anymore woring on a lvl 3 vit tome but i think dex is better. another question aps for archer is not smart right cuz you have no bp but im thinking of lvling a assasin and account stash my LA gear and getting TM69 cape? good plan?
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Even without BP having enough str for good fist/claws and 4 or 5 aps sparked is still a very useful thing... provided you aren't stupid about it. If you are stupid about it then yea it's not even worth bothering with and you should just stick to a sin.

That said, the Nirvana pants are still better defense + better refines + can have better shards than your current. Plus having a Nirvana cape as well means you get the +5 attack level bonus. The vit tome is basically going to be useless to you. +15 vit pretty much means nothing wheras +15 dex is almost always going to also be giving you crit (in addition to the damage/accuracy/evasion it already gives). You could also choose 9 dex/8 vit but you really won't find it as THAT much of a boost.

If you are planning to make an assassin (which means perks for you getting Nirvana legs anyways thanks to the account stash), then yes getting a TM69 interval cape is a good idea. Especially if you only use the sin for farming and just want the cheap -interval until you have enough coin to bother with getting a better cape.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Even if you don't want claws, -int benefits ranged weapons as well so the pants are worth it...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Even if you don't want claws, -int benefits ranged weapons as well so the pants are worth it...

Silly Decus! Once an archer has any -int gear whatsoever they must instantly abandon their bow and only use fists in all circumstances while never touching a bow ever again even for teh lulz.

..... And then after typing that I realized that's how a large majority of the archers running around nowadays act..... b:cry
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Silly Decus! Once an archer has any -int gear whatsoever they must instantly abandon their bow and only use fists in all circumstances while never touching a bow ever again even for teh lulz.

..... And then after typing that I realized that's how a large majority of the archers running around nowadays act..... b:cry

Sadly, that is my average experience with a random archer in say, SoT, or Warsong, and especially when I play my barb in FC, Eden and Brim b:cry

Number of archers I approved of while playing my barb: Like 4.

/whyitishardtogetacasterssquadandwhypeoplethinkarchersarecompletelyincompetent
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye