Updated Summerwind Token methods

Zarison - Sanctuary
Zarison - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestion Box
With this new release of the 3rd cast rank 9 gears it begs the question of "why do I have to pay 1200 Uncanny Crystals and 300 Rapture Crystals when I look into the Crafting section of the PWI Encyclopedia and see a 500 Wedding Candy option for Summewind Tokens?" This (to what I have been informed of) was already implemented into other versions of the game and honestly would put the "less financially fortunate" into a downstream of finally obtaining their rank 9 only to see that soon it wont be good enough anymore. As it stands in terms of cost (in accordance to prices of Sanctuary server of July 20th 2012) one Uncanny Crystal goes for approx 300k and one Rapture Crystal for 1.35m. This compared to the cost of 300 Wedding Candies which if someone used Perfect - Token of Luck to create Wine at the PWI Boutique Agent would cost 260k (at 13k per token with the exchange rate of 10 tokens per Wine with the following exchange of 2 Wines (as of 7/20/2012 17:08 server time)) per Wedding Candy.
The prices side by side of these is an immense difference in terms of coins which is as follows:
Method 1 (Uncanny/Rapture Crystal): 765,000,000 coins
Method 2 (Wedding Candy): 130,000,000 coins
The total amount of Summerwind Tokens required for a full rank 9 2nd cast is 9 (just a statement for those who don't know and I'm not doubting anybody's intellect with this next bit either) and with each method the total price comes to as follows:
Method 1 (Uncanny/Rapture Crystal): 6,885,000,000 coins
Method 2 (Wedding Candy): 1,170,000,000 coins
Now one final calculation to add here is the conversion to USD (for cash shoppers and those genuinely curious). As it stands, Gold prices in Sanctuary are approximately 1.4m per gold (as of 7/20/2012 at 17:09 server time). The ending result for each method is:
Method 1 (Uncanny/Rapture Crystal): $4,917.85714 or $4,920 in terms of amounts able to be purchased via online payment (Note: Does not include purchase bonuses for buying large quantities of gold)
Method 2 (Wedding Candy): $835.71429 or $840 in terms of amounts able to be purchased via online payment (Note: Does not include purchase bonuses for buying large quantities of gold)

The facing point I'm trying to make here is that everyone who already has rank 9 2nd cast are going to be the only ones interested in paying just shy of $5,000. If I may add my personal opinion into your marketing division (take it how you will), with this "seemingly" ended speculation of acquiring full rank 9 2nd cast by means of cash shopping would be to implement the Wedding Candy option into PWI. Now my reasoning for this being a good time for it apart from previous purchases is that nearly everyone knows the cost of acquiring full rank 9 1st cast, so the cost of full rank 9 2nd cast through the means of the Wedding Candies is a reasonable amount of both coins and USD which would influence more players to purchase it which also means in turn more money in your (PWE) pocket. I say this because the only way, at this point in time, to acquire Perfect - Token of Luck is by means of your wide variety of packs. Another point to make is that with the release of the Wedding Candy option (speculation here again) Perfect - Token of Luck would raise in price also increasing the need of the tokens which from fairly large amounts of people buying these tokens would become more "coveted" so to speak therefore increasing the number of sales of Perfect - Toke of Luck related packs.
Final point to make here and if I may be so bold as to say about rank 9 3rd cast; if this isn't implemented into the game, then why did the developers create something that less than 1% of all PWI's players across all servers can use?

Thank you for your time in reading this,
Zarison
Post edited by Zarison - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As soon as they implent the wedding candy option, token prices will ATLEAST double in price, if not even more
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Zarison - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    I believe that the raising of token prices might balance out the cost of other items. Honestly in Sanctuary majority of items have hit higher prices already especially with the constant increase of coins entering the economy through bounty hunter.
    edited July 2012
    I believe that the raising of token prices might balance out the cost of other items. Honestly in Sanctuary majority of items have hit higher prices already especially with the constant increase of coins entering the economy through bounty hunter.

Higher token prices will cut of most of the server from cheap potions, flawles shards (citrine/garnet/sapphire), wine (for BH), and alot more items that are used daily.

The economy has become relient on tokens, a sudden rise of prices will seriusly hurt ALL the lower lvl players. We have already seen it happen with the aurora agent

PS, coin from BH 100+ is meaningless compared to the coins that come from packs (2 best lucks = 10mil big note)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As soon as they implent the wedding candy option, token prices will ATLEAST double in price, if not even more

Until the handful of active R9's are sitting in their recast gears, after which the prices would drop again.

Not that I support the token craze, though. I'd much rather see it being like 1500 high level DQ's for a summerwind token.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarison - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Higher token prices will cut of most of the server from cheap potions, flawles shards (citrine/garnet/sapphire), wine (for BH), and alot more items that are used daily. The economy has become relient on tokens, a sudden rise of prices will seriusly hurt ALL the lower lvl players. We have already seen it happen with the aurora agent

There are still the old methods of acquiring all of these items from before tokens were introduced. Farming the materials, combining gems, etc. If anything the tokens are more of a luxury taken advantage of.
    PS, coin from BH 100+ is meaningless compared to the coins that come from packs (2 best lucks = 10mil big note)

More people do BH than open packs. I've seen more people posting in WC saying thanks to BH for their Excitement Cards than I see red text for best lucks
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are still the old methods of acquiring all of these items from before tokens were introduced. Farming the materials, combining gems, etc. If anything the tokens are more of a luxury taken advantage of.

it's funny how you claim that there is no problem to reverting to an older, way more expensive way to get something while asking for a new, cheaper option for somehting else.

do i detect someone with no problem getting wines etc but with ~6 times less coins to get his r9 recast? excuse me if i prefer to have cheap, every-day stuff that is used by everyone rather than a cheaper option for the selected few to make OP gear even more OP :)
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited July 2012

Noone has done those methods in years. Most people probably don't even know you CAN make wines with mats. There are no catshops selling wine mats anymore, because noone farms wine mats. You can safely say the economy has become relient on tokens.

If you want examples, you can once again look at the week of the aurora agent. The few lower BH's there were done stoped completely, because noone was able to pay for the wines.

There is a reason the top gear back before packs had flawles shards in it. Because apart from the odd Imac from gamma runs (yes GAMMA), that's the best anyone was ever able to get.

How exactly do you concider combining shards a valid alternative for tokens?
    Flawless with tokens costs 150k. When combining shards it costs 915k (when buying shabbys. Also, it takes forever). When buying avarage shards (60k), you save ALOT of time, and it costs 960k
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what I gather from your post is that you want recast R9 to be cheaper than R9?

Yeah, that's not gonna go through. Ever. Gear doesn't work that way in RPGs. It's the opposite.

Oh please.

Even at the NPC value of 9,999 coins, Tokens of Luck would bring more coin into the circulation than Tokens of Best Luck. For every Token of Best Luck, there's gonna be 840 Tokens of Luck. So for every 5,000,000 coins from Tokens of Best Luck, the Tokens of Luck are bringing in 8,399,160 coins. That's 67% more.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what I gather from your post is that you want recast R9 to be cheaper than R9?

Yeah, that's not gonna go through. Ever. Gear doesn't work that way in RPGs. It's the opposite.

And yet you can farm a full third cast R9 set in a few days... but you need second cast first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zarison - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    it's funny how you claim that there is no problem to reverting to an older, way more expensive way to get something while asking for a new, cheaper option for somehting else.

do i detect someone with no problem getting wines etc but with ~6 times less coins to get his r9 recast? excuse me if i prefer to have cheap, every-day stuff that is used by everyone rather than a cheaper option for the selected few to make OP gear even more OP :)

Yes token prices would go up for awhile but most likely it wouldn't be a permanent change. After the change from the majority of heavy cash shoppers get their 2nd cast rank 9 token prices would drop due to less demand. This statement also reiterates my point of tokens are a luxury that are taken advantage of.
    Honestly people hardly do bh anymore anyway, I am raising a psychic and finding a bh51 squad is near impossible. People just buy FCC rooms now or have friends run them through FCC the old ways of leveling are long gone. Even the lv 100 BH no longer requires wines with the switching of the Abaddon and Seat BH bosses.
    Noone has done those methods in years. Most people probably don't even know you CAN make wines with mats. There are no catshops selling wine mats anymore, because noone farms wine mats. You can safely say the economy has become relient on tokens.

If you want examples, you can once again look at the week of the aurora agent. The few lower BH's there were done stoped completely, because noone was able to pay for the wines.

There is a reason the top gear back before packs had flawles shards in it. Because apart from the odd Imac from gamma runs (yes GAMMA), that's the best anyone was ever able to get.

How exactly do you concider combining shards a valid alternative for tokens?
    Flawless with tokens costs 150k. When combining shards it costs 915k (when buying shabbys. Also, it takes forever). When buying avarage shards (60k), you save ALOT of time, and it costs 960k

As I had said above with the BH situation, I don't feel like re-posting that.
    To the reference of shards, back in the gamma days a flawless shard set or the rare immac set was top of the line. Look at the best shards now, we have +10 vit stones, JoSD, and DoT. If anything the flawless shards aren't even close to cutting the upper end of the spectrum. Everyone I know uses them as "cover" (as i call them) shards until they purchase their end-game shards. Plus with the massive opening of packs that would ensue should this be released, the endgame shards would lower in price more than likely due to their massive "overstock" in-game.

Oh please.

Even at the NPC value of 9,999 coins, Tokens of Luck would bring more coin into the circulation than Tokens of Best Luck. For every Token of Best Luck, there's gonna be 840 Tokens of Luck. So for every 5,000,000 coins from Tokens of Best Luck, the Tokens of Luck are bringing in 8,399,160 coins. That's 67% more.

Honestly rank 9 2nd cast is a joke in terms of stats. The minor stat increase and the extra variable on each piece apart from the weapon is worthless apart from the chest piece but even just 1 rank 9 2nd cast will **** your entire rank 9 set bonus (wave bye bye to +20 attack levels). 3rd cast rank 9, in my eyes, is what rank 9 2nd cast should have been in the first place which may have been why they made it farm-able instead of being able to just be purchased outright.
    In terms of pricing, it's nearly the same cost through the means of wedding candies as it is for 1st cast rank 9. An adequate asking price to say the least for the rank 9 2nd cast.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As a fellow *** I support this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sure, let's make R9 people easy and cheap to get better gear, and let's make "poor" and low levels one impossible to buy any decent shard or get good MP and HP pots.

Why wouldn't R9 use that nice gear, for something else than showing off, and go farm that 2nd stage R9?
    We should **** up entire economy just to serve those allmighty R9s. I see logic in that. b:beatup

You don't have to spend any money, real or in game to get that 2nd stage R9.
    R9 people could make 2 or 3 man squads and farm those Uncanny and Raptures easily.
  • Zarison - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Sure, let's make R9 people easy and cheap to get better gear, and let's make "poor" and low levels one impossible to buy any decent shard or get good MP and HP pots.

Why wouldn't R9 use that nice gear, for something else than showing off, and go farm that 2nd stage R9?
    We should **** up entire economy just to serve those allmighty R9s. I see logic in that. b:beatup

You don't have to spend any money, real or in game to get that 2nd stage R9.
    R9 people could make 2 or 3 man squads and farm those Uncanny and Raptures easily.

If that were reasonably possible I wouldn't have made this post to begin with. A maximum of 4 keys can be acquired per day and on average there are approx 3-5 uncanny and 0-1 rap per run. I'll let you handle the math on that as it goes beyond the need to explain