Tempest Karaoke

Options
The__Sun - Dreamweaver
The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Tideswell (East)
Tempest is happy to announce the first server-wide Name That Tune event hosted on our Ventrillo server!
On thursday the 19th starting at 3:30 PM (server time) we'll be hosting this event with songs from 4 categories: Old School, Metal, Game Themes and Pop!
Everyone is welcome to join us, Vent info will be worldchatted before the start of the event so everyone who wants to join has time to get on vent and join us in the event area.
We hope to see many players from the faction as well as the rest of the server join us! Bring your friends!

Here are the rules:

No trolling vent (speaking over the songs, yelling, insulting others). We will immediately remove those who do this off our vent.
Answers will be given either in worldchat or common chat (free to chose either).
No insulting others.

In short, common decency.

How to win:
First to type the song name or the song artist (In worldchat or common chat at event area) gets 1 point. (2 points total per song).
Whoever has most points at the end wins, if it ends up being a tie between 2 or more players we will do a sudden death round with 1 more song, first to answer title AND artist wins.

The fun doesn't end there however. After about a 15-30 minute break we will continue with a Karaoke event for those who want to sing or listen in! Feel free to sing any song whatsoever!

Again the same rules apply, respect eachother and have fun!

If you have any further questions about the event please contact a Tempest Officer. The list can be found on the left hand side of www.Tempest-dw.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
**** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
Post edited by The__Sun - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• de4thproof
    de4thproof Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    As the great artist Rebecca Black once said:

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
    b:laughb:laugh
    DeathProof
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • de4thproof
    de4thproof Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    de4thproof wrote: »
    As the great artist Rebecca Black once said:

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN
    b:laughb:laugh
    Damn it why doesn't it show my avatar qq
    DeathProof
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    DerpProof strikes again b:surrender
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    de4thproof wrote: »
    Damn it why doesn't it show my avatar qq

GD, Forum Bug thread.

Also, you must have mega vent bandwidth :o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SneakySin - Dreamweaver
    SneakySin - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sad thing bout this is it'll more less turn into who can Google the fastest. Then copy paste point set match. Sucks but people will end up doing it to get any kinda prize that you tend to offer for said "winner". Spades was going try and event like this for the faction to promote vent/faction/friendly get together on Spades vent then thought of what I previously pointed out. Don't get me wrong love the idea its a great one just sucks how people will use any thing to get ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sad thing bout this is it'll more less turn into who can Google the fastest. Then copy paste point set match. Sucks but people will end up doing it to get any kinda prize that you tend to offer for said "winner". Spades was going try and event like this for the faction to promote vent/faction/friendly get together on Spades vent then thought of what I previously pointed out. Don't get me wrong love the idea its a great one just sucks how people will use any thing to get ahead.

Lol people answer to fast to do that. We have held this event around 10+ times for faction and its to fast for people to answer before google can pull up a result lol trust me i tried..........
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • DbzKnight - Dreamweaver
    DbzKnight - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Agree with this being a hard thing to pull off
    but good luck on your event b:laugh
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I wish there was time to google, than I might stand a chance in the Tempest name that tunes b:laugh

But usually someone has the awnser before you can even tab out (hell, even before the lyrics start)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sun, this is a brilliant idea! I would join in since I wuv singing a lot ^^ Buuuut, needy own laptop D:
    I hope this stays about, ill join in as soon as I can :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • karmielkid
    karmielkid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:victory
  • liilith#1190
    liilith#1190 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:laugh Will be fun for those who choose to participate!! And yes the answers come very fast b:shocked

Aka Kristopher Proud Member of Tempest of Dreamweaver b:chuckle
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    One of the best Karaokes so far b:victory
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris