Is buying Sunshine Pack x20 worth it?

Trish_Rawrs - Sanctuary
Trish_Rawrs - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Cash Shop Huddle
So the new promo gives 50 even gold if you buy the 20 pack for ten dollars.
Is it worth it?

And btw how much is for each pack sold in coins?
youtube.com/trish199968
trishrawrz.deviantart.com
Post edited by Trish_Rawrs - Sanctuary on

Comments

• morrend
    morrend Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Packs= Not worth it. Always.
    I am the glass cannon
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So the new promo gives 50 even gold if you buy the 20 pack for ten dollars.
    Is it worth it?

And btw how much is for each pack sold in coins?

Well the best way to get it would be events/dq points. But let's say you can't get it those ways and want to buy it. On my server I think it costs about 50k for 500 dq points. IIRC. Which is about 5 mil for a demon/sage event card. Or you can buy the pack of 10 for 12.3 mil in coin worth of gold. If you sell the packs at my current servers you'd get 10.9 mil coins back which is about 1.4 mil coins spent on a demon/sage event card. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it as long as you don't open them. Just merchant the packs. You won't make money off of them if you buy them in a pack of 20 because the merchants are buying them in bulk at 100 for 44 gold. So they have a lower cost and can sell them at that price for a profit. But still 1.4 mil coins isn't a bad price to pay for a demon/sage event card at all. So on DW it's worth it.

If I were you'd I'd fine out what the buying price is for the item chests of coins which can be npced for 500 dq points IIRC. Compare to that the costs of selling 20 packs and then work out which is the better method for obtaining your sage/demon card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you're fine with gambling but also are happy with just getting tokens for every single pack, sure go for it. The event gold is a nice bonus, but from experience on another version I can only say: Packs aren't worth it unless you expect tokens only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • trishrawrz
    trishrawrz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well the best way to get it would be events/dq points. But let's say you can't get it those ways and want to buy it. On my server I think it costs about 50k for 500 dq points. IIRC. Which is about 5 mil for a demon/sage event card. Or you can buy the pack of 10 for 12.3 mil in coin worth of gold. If you sell the packs at my current servers you'd get 10.9 mil coins back which is about 1.4 mil coins spent on a demon/sage event card. So yeah, I'd say it's worth it as long as you don't open them. Just merchant the packs. You won't make money off of them if you buy them in a pack of 20 because the merchants are buying them in bulk at 100 for 44 gold. So they have a lower cost and can sell them at that price for a profit. But still 1.4 mil coins isn't a bad price to pay for a demon/sage event card at all. So on DW it's worth it.

If I were you'd I'd fine out what the buying price is for the item chests of coins which can be npced for 500 dq points IIRC. Compare to that the costs of selling 20 packs and then work out which is the better method for obtaining your sage/demon card.

Hmm well, right now at my level, its going to take forever to get that many DQ points.. and not a lot of money either.
  • trishrawrz
    edited July 2012
    If you're fine with gambling but also are happy with just getting tokens for every single pack, sure go for it. The event gold is a nice bonus, but from experience on another version I can only say: Packs aren't worth it unless you expect tokens only.

What if you sell them?
  • trishrawrz
    edited July 2012
    morrend wrote: »
    Packs= Not worth it. Always.

I learned that from my first pack b:pleased but I'm probably not going to open them.
  • trishrawrz
    edited July 2012
    OH yes, btw I got 1000 zen from netflix so i wonder if its still worth it..
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Buy the 100 pack bundle, sell the packs for profit, enjoy the event cards. Far more worth it than just getting 20.
  • Trish_Rawrs - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    trishrawrz wrote: »
    I learned that from my first pack b:pleased but I'm probably not going to open them.
    truekossy wrote: »
    Buy the 100 pack bundle, sell the packs for profit, enjoy the event cards. Far more worth it than just getting 20.
    Thing is I got only 10 gold and 2000 zen.
    youtube.com/trish199968
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Opening packs= Not worth it. Always.

Fixed that for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Buying packs= Not worth it. Always.
    Fixed that for you.

Fixed for you. b:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Fixed for you. b:surrender

When they can be sold for more coins than the auction house would pay for your gold? And another 50 event gold on top of that?

Would have to disagree there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited July 2012
    When they can be sold for more coins than the auction house would pay for your gold? And another 50 event gold on top of that?

Would have to disagree there.

Lol, should of added a "joke" tag at the end of my sentence. I'l admit (if your a smart person) that this pack sale is a very decent one, I made the "buying packs" joke because I wanted to xD.

But yea, opening them isn't worth it (like others have said), unless you want some tokens.
    edited July 2012
    So I should buy the packs to get the event gold but sell the packs later on?
    youtube.com/trish199968
  • krisnda
    edited July 2012
    So I should buy the packs to get the event gold but sell the packs later on?

That is the plan (the smart one I think). Then you'll get even more gold (if you play your cards right).
    edited July 2012
    Lol, should of added a "joke" tag at the end of my sentence. I'l admit (if your a smart person) that this pack sale is a very decent one, I made the "buying packs" joke because I wanted to xD.

But yea, opening them isn't worth it (like others have said), unless you want some tokens.
    That is the plan (the smart one I think). Then you'll get even more gold (if you play your cards right).
    b:chuckle And how do I "play the cards right"?
    youtube.com/trish199968
  • krisnda
    edited July 2012
    http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/warrenwolfys-guide-to-merchanting-part-0/

Start here, and move on through the list, this is a very excellent guide explaining how to become a good merchant.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Imo pack are worth opening right now, least on my server. We had gold under 1m, after the fees on last week. Now it`s slightly over it after fees. So using the simple 1m is imo justified.

100 packs for 45g = 45m.

Chances are you pull 3 items that arent tokens outta 100 packs. So 97 * 15 = 1455 tokens or our current prices for tokens 1455 * 11k = 16m.

Right now we`re 29m under the value of packs. But we should be getting 3 items, most likely BoL or two and some charm. Let`s call 2 BoLs & mp charm = 12m total, putting us 17m on the minus side.

But if we only pull a single end game shard instead of the 3 mentioned items, we`re breaking even. Pull cube stamp, scrip of fate and we effectively doubled out investment just from the said 1 item.

To me the packs are very much worth it to buy and even open, if you can afford to lose. We are, imo, close enough even while getting unlucky to justify opening packs. But just like all gambling, you cant go broke if you lose as there is always good chance for it.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Imo pack are worth opening right now, least on my server. We had gold under 1m [...]
    wait... WHAAAT?? b:faintb:questionb:shocked
    It's 1.4-1.5m on lc server b:surrender
    edited July 2012
    Imo pack are worth opening right now, least on my server. We had gold under 1m, after the fees on last week. Now it`s slightly over it after fees. So using the simple 1m is imo justified.

100 packs for 45g = 45m.

Chances are you pull 3 items that arent tokens outta 100 packs. So 97 * 15 = 1455 tokens or our current prices for tokens 1455 * 11k = 16m.

Right now we`re 29m under the value of packs. But we should be getting 3 items, most likely BoL or two and some charm. Let`s call 2 BoLs & mp charm = 12m total, putting us 17m on the minus side.

But if we only pull a single end game shard instead of the 3 mentioned items, we`re breaking even. Pull cube stamp, scrip of fate and we effectively doubled out investment just from the said 1 item.

To me the packs are very much worth it to buy and even open, if you can afford to lose. We are, imo, close enough even while getting unlucky to justify opening packs. But just like all gambling, you cant go broke if you lose as there is always good chance for it.

Thing is that I won't be able to buy 100 packs, at most I can buy 50 packs. And I do like opening them but have no space if I get extra items that arent tokens.
    youtube.com/trish199968
    edited July 2012
    bump....
    youtube.com/trish199968
    edited July 2012
    Anyone?