Wizard i think..Sage ..or maybe Demon

rynish
rynish Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Wizard
Hi i am a wiz 61lvl(fast lvl up!)and i wont to know what are u preffer for me..
Well im like a big numbers on the mobs but dont like slowly channel;d
im dont using Sparks that much as other(..maybe one to two times at day;D)
So my style is good damage and fast skills so i know that i can reach max -34% channeling(i can;D no more;) but had much lover mag bonus points;d)Im very often using Ulti skills (Water Dragon etc..)And very often griding lonely;D(dont like squad;) I wont to know ur opinions and thats u prefer for me and please dont write ur only 61lvl -.- or Demon sage and demon for pvp sage exp ;d

And i cant play Mystic/Verefox or Cleric its totaly not my style but im reding thats ohter ppl say the its isint hes style but now its hes the best style;D i wont to know how not boring play mystic/venno or cler and how feel style (mean >40/50lvl)

I know thats isnt this thread but i cant fint this on other;)
Post edited by rynish on

Comments

• witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My wizard is demon and I'm rocking the 20k crits on Josd barbs, personally I chose demon for the increased control skills and the cooler looking spark :) however at ecatomb.com you can look for yourself as it has a nice skill list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowburnz
    shadowburnz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are many threads on this, but the boiled down consensus is this:

Demon is better for pk, due to control skills, crit and chan

Sage is better for tw, due to higher damage, ulti spamming (due to fast chi building), and sage bids

So it does sort of matter what you intend to do later on. This doesn't mean that a demon wiz cannot tw or that a sage wiz cannot pk. But I hope this answers your question.
  • sirrobert
    sirrobert Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The extra control skills for demon are a myth, you can't rely on a chance.
    At best they are a lucky moment.

The question for me was: How much chi do you use?
    This is because sages spam much more chi skills (they can do it with much more chi regen), where demon is more about quickly channeling alot of smaller skills
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sirrobert wrote: »
    The extra control skills for demon are a myth, you can't rely on a chance.
    At best they are a lucky moment.
    s

you can base your whole fighting style on them
    thats nowhere near a myth. its a complete strategy changer

i have no idea what im doing when i play my sage wiz on another server
    cant really play it... freeze chances so low
    sage spark defensive ability was kind of disappointing too (i dunno why i was expecting more)
    its interesting combined with zooming powders tho...

i use stone rain so much, it will stun eventually

personally i redefined my role in tw as a demon wizard..

longest range aoe stun - squishies die immediately, others tick ... hardcore targets might almost tick on a unamped crit >_>

i can stop/slowdown barbs im unable to kill alone for a long time

by spamming glacial snare, stone rain, pitfall and hailstorm.... now adding the new morai skill to that

the aoe power is sufficient, considering more crits on non-bids

stunning a full jade +12 char and all his surroundings from range is of more use than 1shotting people with low gear bids-critting

point of view may vary by personal attack power

imo the highest gear targets of the enemy faction should be disabled for the most time, bms isnt the only class with aoe stun, and they cant do it from safe range

uhm for new wizards trying to find their path..
    there is no direct answer
    pick what you like and learn to play the way your path is designed

personally i would say demon is better for lower geared wizards
    but once you get great gear you will probably have a hard time adapting to the different way of playing a sage has

sages turning to demons on the other hand dont seem to have that much difficulty adapting to it.

text text
    i like potato
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    personally i would say demon is better for lower geared wizards
    but once you get great gear you will probably have a hard time adapting to the different way of playing a sage has

sages turning to demons on the other hand dont seem to have that much difficulty adapting to it.

I agree that demon is prolly better for lower geared wizards.
    Not saying that demon is bad with good gear, but one of the biggest reasons i chose sage was for the 5% damage boost in masteries.

This is NOT the same as DoT's, which do not scale. This damage boost with full r9's attack lvls is thus very significant.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how do wizards kill people...? (listed in order of prevelance/reliability)

1) well I hit buttons (or even macros lol) and people die (you actually suck and your gear is just better)
    2) sutra/ztp + spark
    3) 1/2 hp sophoric ulti
    4) 1/2 hp sandstorm/glacial crit
    5) mortal reversion + melee auto attack
    6) I'm sage so **** all the above I have sage bids.
    7) I'm demon and I have 100 pdef due to channel gear so **** all the above Im insta cast *******!!

sutra is wizards best offensive ability (1v1) the combos that follow are pretty much the same regardless of culti. the path of how you get there (sutraing and pwning some1) is a little different based on culti though.

yea demons have more CC ability, which achieves what... ?
    having more CC allows us to manipulate distance and timing by directly opposing our opponent in a 1v1, which allows us to put ourselves in a better situation to sutra/ztp + spark and pwn someone.

good sage wizards are still going to have to manipulate distance and timing and of course we have our bread and butter fow/ds which every1 wizard should ****ing love, but there are also these basic skills called wasd and flying/changing elevation that allow a good sage wizard to also manipulate a fight into a situation where they can sutra and win.

Your winning 'moves' are essentially the same for demon and sage, how you get there differs but both cultis are capable of getting there.

As a demon wizard I would really like to have ****ing sage bids, sage pyro, more chi though i love my taunt as well, sage glacial esp if the debuff stacks w/ undine (sry noob).
    but they be jelly of my d stone barrier, ds, cc, and fantabulous booty.

in short if your a ***** you roll sage, and if you like to **** **** up go demon. jk just play and get better.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    MG is probably the closest in terms of which to choose Heaven or Hell. Heaven tends to do better in group pvp, but is much more reliant on kiting due to a decreased damage output. Hell tends to do more damage overall, but is less effective in groups and prefers 1v1. Your best bet is to go to ecatomb and read the skills at lvl 11 and figure out what style you play.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    MG is probably the closest in terms of which to choose Heaven or Hell. Heaven tends to do better in group pvp, but is much more reliant on kiting due to a decreased damage output. Hell tends to do more damage overall, but is less effective in groups and prefers 1v1. Your best bet is to go to ecatomb and read the skills at lvl 11 and figure out what style you play.

where did you get your data on what is better in group pvp b:chuckle?
    the indicator is sage bids crits?

chi cant be a factor, since -well assuming ur "zerking" on another group, you are full chi
    assuming you wait for another group to come attack you, you are full chi

on a side note:
    the pvp on PWI nowadays is all about ironguarded sparked sins that come out of stealth and restealth after they are done till IG can be used again (so much skill!)

i regret lvling alts instead of getting my wiz 105 when it was possible..
    i like potato
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dunno about demons having better control skills. Sage Force of will is excellent used in right situation in both PVP, TW and most likley PKing. El is a sage wiz. I dont PK an i just started to do some TW (1st ones last weekend). I felt sorry for them poor BM's sins and seekersb:chuckle
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    from sasuke's vid, it seems the demon control skills are reliable enough that it provides a significant advantage in that area over sage.

it's definitely playstyle difference. having tried both, imho i can use a lot of brute force 2 spark stuff over and over again in sage for an offensive while in demon it is more like precision sniper-esque attack b:dirty
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Don't forget, a demon wiz can restat to 5aps wiz claws to farm r9 and what not... just sayin, it's op.b:surrender
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Don't forget, a demon wiz can restat to 5aps wiz claws to farm r9 and what not... just sayin, it's op.b:surrender

why can't sage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why can't sage?

Because demon has the red, flashy spark!

Duh!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012

you dont get attack "-int" speed from demon spark
    every class has their own sparks

trust me
    i claim to be the first 5.0aps wizard on PWI
    reference is in the older parts of wizard forum
    i like potato
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because demon has the red, flashy spark!

Duh!!

touche

the point i was trying to make
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    touche

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012

the prob is, ppl dont think u have 5aps unless ur spark is red b:surrender
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    the prob is, ppl dont think u have 5aps unless ur spark is red b:surrender

they seem to forget the mechanics

(3.33 base > 5.0 demon sparked
    4.0 base > 5.0 windshield)

a wizard can be 5.0 (4.0 base) with every piece of int gear, including tome and 0.10 on fists only
    windshield is spammable

/o/ thread derailed
    i like potato
This discussion has been closed.