So Fist

BladedZero - Sanctuary
BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Blademaster
They're amazing, but what's with all the BMs using them for everything lately. When doing doing cube the other day on my level level 94 sin a BM sparked in front of me and tried to aps me and I just stun locked him after kiting his spark. About a week or two ago I did a BH delta and this BM used only his fist except for maybe a HF every maybe 2-3 waves. Everyday while doing base quest 100 I see bms get surrounded by physical melee mobs and still punch their way through. Why do these individuals play BMs and not Sins? I thought we all played BMs for the stun forever combos and the weapon versatility.
Post edited by BladedZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Sins are just as bad. We've lost a lot of great players and the quality of the player base in general has gone down. The good ones remaining aren't often found in random squads.
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well, id guess the BM who "sparked his/her way through all the Phys mobs" was afraid of their charm ticking and they had BP so they just Spammed normal attack?

****, i dunno. :3 just a guess.

or maybe their axes fail? b:surrender
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well, id guess the BM who "sparked his/her way through all the Phys mobs" was afraid of their charm ticking and they had BP so they just Spammed normal attack?

****, i dunno. :3 just a guess.

or maybe their axes fail? b:surrender

Takes me 5~7 shots with my axes, much easier to just spark and kill, no mp, hp costs. Similar time spent, chance of death is lower as well.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They wasted so much money on some good fists or plvled they prob didnt have any good axes or axe mastery xD!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They wasted so much money on some good fists or plvled they prob didnt have any good axes or axe mastery xD!!!

i prioritized my axes actually, got them 2 socket before getting anything
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Fists are for noobs, just like Sins. Herp derp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • MrBeBo - Heavens Tear
    MrBeBo - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2012

^ This.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Zliss - Lost City
    Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i know some bms have like 6 weapons, for different purposes. i mean play the bm u wanted ignored other comments. of course u gota be effective. :D
  • Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    just started playing a bm around a week ago I prefer axes over fist but fist are more fun for bosses can go afk while dealing faster/more damage depending on aps
  • hopaqo
    hopaqo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

One reason I'm playing BM is Fists. If prefering fists makes me a noob then might as well go become a Seeker.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They're amazing, but what's with all the BMs using them for everything lately. When doing doing cube the other day on my level level 94 sin a BM sparked in front of me and tried to aps me and I just stun locked him after kiting his spark. About a week or two ago I did a BH delta and this BM used only his fist except for maybe a HF every maybe 2-3 waves. Everyday while doing base quest 100 I see bms get surrounded by physical melee mobs and still punch their way through. Why do these individuals play BMs and not Sins? I thought we all played BMs for the stun forever combos and the weapon versatility.

This started on like week 1 of the "omg fists are hax every dumbass axe bm reroll to them nooooow" trend, not shocked to see its still alive and trolling

that said my claws are 2 socket gemed +12 grade 13

my axes are grade 12 +8

fists do a looooot of damage refined that highly
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This started on like week 1 of the "omg fists are hax every dumbass axe bm reroll to them nooooow" trend, not shocked to see its still alive and trolling

that said my claws are 2 socket gemed +12 grade 13

my axes are grade 12 +8

fists do a looooot of damage refined that highly

Someone's got too much free time this summer. Welcome back :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Someone's got too much free time this summer. Welcome back :D

No class + time off from work = booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Idk but i got Axes,Sword,pole,Fist,Bow and i use them all b:laugh Im a BM thats just wut i dob:victory
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BM's quality dropped a lot since everyone started to lvl up very fast. I am used to see BMs using only lolfist and HF with TT90 axes all time in delta. It's pretty annoying, they don't even try stun the effin waves.

I guess they only have auto attack, HF and demon spark in their bars >_>
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Idk but i got Axes,Sword,pole,Fist,Bow and i use them all b:laugh Im a BM thats just wut i dob:victory
    All im missing is a sword. Are there any vital pve skills for swords?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    All im missing is a sword. Are there any vital pve skills for swords?

level 10 myriad stance can be alternated with frighten or another MSS for a blue bubble effect in low DPS parties at high spike bosses (I used to do it to tank pole/nob) or can be usd as a save all in combination with roar and HF for kill speed in other runs when the tank is getting overwhelmed (aka its bm invoke)

other than that no
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll completely back up Josh on that, other than MSS in really, really rare situations where you'd prolly be better off using those sparks elsewhere, swords are useless.

There was an RB I did where we just screwed around and Atmos Striked and Meteor Rushed mobs into DB, but that was more of a joke with homage to old school RBs than anything.

In all cases you're just utilizing the skill abilities, no need for an uber weapon. Hell, I even grab a level 1 poleaxe when I do QPQ in Nirvana just so I don't kill the Seeker.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is this rly necessary? a lot of BM's prolly work on getting good lvl/well refined fists 1st as its quick way to get into money making and lets face it no1 is just going drop a +10 GoF/atklvl20 g15 axe or better in to your lap, least not very often.

same goes for the bashing on sins who aps over spike yeh I'm not their biggest fan either but at the end of the day been "Pro" is doing what works the fastest or most efficiently for you and the gear your currently using. Fists are a weapon path for our class same as swords, same polearms, same as the apparently holy axe.

Been nub is changing the way you play because your afraid of what other ppl think not because it works better or you find it more enjoyable , and tbh with pwi ignoring the cries for our classes skill trees to get sorted out, the lower lvl/geared BM's finding it harder to get squads w/o been 5aps/DHF, to see other BM's bashing each other just for trying to get on with it is a little sad.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BM's quality dropped a lot since everyone started to lvl up very fast. I am used to see BMs using only lolfist and HF with TT90 axes all time in delta. It's pretty annoying, they don't even try stun the effin waves.

I guess they only have auto attack, HF and demon spark in their bars >_>

Is that really true?

I remember quite well years ago you'd have BM's who knew literally nothing else except axe skills. No MSS, no GS, no cancelling skills on difficult bosses, no high 1v1 dps. BM's years ago used to be notorious for suiciding into large groups of mobs to aoe. And trying to tank everything. And seeing a bm stun regular mobs was fairly rare.

Nowadays I see BM's with demon GS and HF, 8-10k+ hp, cracking huge 1v1 dps with highly refined fists, using roar on most mobs and with all sorts of axes, from morai g15, to 2nd cast zerk vana, to r9. As for delta, fists can build quick chi to drop HF and stunning every few seconds is a waste if you have several r9's tanking and barely taking a dent.

Bad players have been around since the start of the game. Take off the rose tinted glasses.