T3 Nirvy Daggers

Geshwur - Raging Tide
Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Assassin
I got extremely lucky on my first roll but I've noticed that a lot of people on my server are having to roll multiple times just for -int...

Has anyone else gotten notable ads?

Edit: By notable I mean something above and beyond just -int.

Like 2x -int or -int + dex + max phys attack

Stuff like that
Current Gears
pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
Post edited by Geshwur - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your daggers are pretty high tier roll. Only thing to change, imo, is the crit. Normal dmg would be better than max dmg but you expecting perfect rolls is just kinda absurd. I swear I get upset if I roll double int, means I need another cube neck & warsong belt while I`m still looking for a belt for barb.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • virusofyourlife2
    virusofyourlife2 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your daggers are pretty high tier roll. Only thing to change, imo, is the crit. Normal dmg would be better than max dmg but you expecting perfect rolls is just kinda absurd. I swear I get upset if I roll double int, means I need another cube neck & warsong belt while I`m still looking for a belt for barb.

I would only have traded the crit for dex or another -int add... (I like crit b:cute but would like my sage to be 4base with em still xD)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    19 dex would have been much better than the crit. 19 dex not only more or less promises 1% crit, but also gives a good boost to damage, evasion, and accuracy.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Muii - Sanctuary
    Muii - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can 3rd cast vana dag get -0.1 int? how abt r9 3rd cast?

I've also heard that it'd be better for sage sin to go full r9 rather than just r9 dagger :/ is this true?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can 3rd cast vana dag get -0.1 int? how abt r9 3rd cast?

You can get 1-3x -0.05 interval on G16 Nirvana, but 3R9 has fixed mods, none of which are -interval.
    I've also heard that it'd be better for sage sin to go full r9 rather than just r9 dagger :/ is this true?

Ah, this thing again.

It's false. For a Sage sin, you will still benefit more from going with -interval, at least for PvE. For PvP, full R9 is superior regardless of your cultivation. What the actual statement should be is "If you go full R9, Sage is better than Demon", which is just due to Sages being more fit for skill spamming due to a better Chill of the Deep, better Subsea for DPH, more damage out of Earthen Rift and a more consistent Power Dash.

And it's not like R9 is that awesome anymore.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gratz on those nice daggers.
    After seeing your stats i've decided to reroll mine, i got att lvl+1, max att +106 and -int.
    Hoping to get 2x -int for my sage sin b:nosebleed
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Gratz on those nice daggers.
    After seeing your stats i've decided to reroll mine, i got att lvl+1, max att +106 and -int.
    Hoping to get 2x -int for my sage sin b:nosebleed
    I would have LIKED 2 -int for my sage and to adjust my demon's gears a bit, but even at 3.33 base sage it's VERY nice DPS (Higher than 4base G13 +12 and mine are only +10) which means VERY nice BP return <333
    Current Gears
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    19 dex would have been much better than the crit. 19 dex not only more or less promises 1% crit, but also gives a good boost to damage, evasion, and accuracy.

Like I said, that's one of the only two options I would have taken over the crit, the other being another -int. But I'm not willing to re-roll these and risk not getting -int with good ads at all. If I go for anything different I'll just farm a new set b:chuckle
    Current Gears
  • warior112
    warior112 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would have LIKED 2 -int for my sage and to adjust my demon's gears a bit, but even at 3.33 base sage it's VERY nice DPS (Higher than 4base G13 +12 and mine are only +10) which means VERY nice BP return <333

Hy i have a question for you. Can you please post a picture with both daggers attacks on the same mob please. I want to get them but i also want to see the difference in dmg between G13 nirvana and G16. Tyvm and do you mind if i PM you in game for additional questions?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I upgraded mine to G16 and so far I am not impressed at all and a total waste of my time. I was pretty pumped on making these and now I feel like a fool. My g15 Morai daggers hit harder. Will see how they do once I get decent add's but I doubt that will change much at all. Hopefully the refine rate is decent
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    warior112 wrote: »
    Hy i have a question for you. Can you please post a picture with both daggers attacks on the same mob please. I want to get them but i also want to see the difference in dmg between G13 nirvana and G16. Tyvm and do you mind if i PM you in game for additional questions?
    You need to see a screenshot of actual damage being done to know that g16 daggers blow g13's to pieces? The base damage of them + the refine rate alone puts them well and above for dph, nvm the 40 atk lvls and other potential adds.
    Barrier Thorns have never been great daggers to being with. Their claim to fame is the interval stat. Take that away and then look at whats left. They're a cheaper alternative for, say, sage sins who want max interval, or for people only using a sin for aps farming, sure. But beyond that, the g16 is far superior.
    Well I upgraded mine to G16 and so far I am not impressed at all and a total waste of my time. I was pretty pumped on making these and now I feel like a fool. My g15 Morai daggers hit harder. Will see how they do once I get decent add's but I doubt that will change much at all. Hopefully the refine rate is decent
    Judging from this, you haven't even given them a chance. Not refined? Well ofc they aren't going to do the damage you were expecting. They refine at g16 rate (the only daggers to do so), putting their damage range quite high at higher refines.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Judging from this, you haven't even given them a chance. Not refined? Well ofc they aren't going to do the damage you were expecting. They refine at g16 rate (the only daggers to do so), putting their damage range quite high at higher refines.

Re-read what I said
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited July 2012
    'Once I get decent adds" and "hopefully the refine rate is decent" imply you have neither good adds nor have refined it (you would know the rate is good if you had).
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    'Once I get decent adds" and "hopefully the refine rate is decent" imply you have neither good adds nor have refined it (you would know the rate is good if you had).

Or then he just refined the weapon without going to PWDB/Encyclopedia to see the refine rate.

If anything, "hopefully the refine rate is decent" implies a low refine, such as +0-4.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or then he just refined the weapon without going to PWDB/Encyclopedia to see the refine rate.

If anything, "hopefully the refine rate is decent" implies a low refine, such as +0-4.

i will never understand people that get any piece of gear (especially weapon) without checking refine rates (and in case of random stats, what the average roll would be like)....
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    i will never understand people that get any piece of gear (especially weapon) without checking refine rates (and in case of random stats, what the average roll would be like)....

For some people, being told "It's the best, get it" is enough of a reason.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Barrier Thorns have never been great daggers to being with. Their claim to fame is the interval stat. Take that away and then look at whats left. They're a cheaper alternative for, say, sage sins who want max interval, or for people only using a sin for aps farming, sure.

They were also an alternative for the defensive-minded sins because before T3, if you wanted 4/5 APS, but wanted something other than TT99 boots and bracers or ornaments, then you could still be 5APS with G13, while T2 could only be 4 (For the most part) which means without optimal adds on G15 daggers (int + Zerk + Max Phys/Dex) they would be close enough in DPS that the G15s wouldn't really be worth the cost for most players. Now with T3 you can still go to 4APS and out DD Equally refined or a little higher refined T1 by a fair amount.
    Current Gears
    edited July 2012
    They were also an alternative for the defensive-minded sins because before T3, if you wanted 4/5 APS, but wanted something other than TT99 boots and bracers or ornaments, then you could still be 5APS with G13, while T2 could only be 4 (For the most part) which means without optimal adds on G15 daggers (int + Zerk + Max Phys/Dex) they would be close enough in DPS that the G15s wouldn't really be worth the cost for most players. Now with T3 you can still go to 4APS and out DD Equally refined or a little higher refined T1 by a fair amount.
    An expansion of what I meant by their 'claim to fame'. Without that stat i doubt many sins would bother with them, if any.
    Even still, they could be used to swap out some 99 gears for more def/HP, but that you do that at the cost of a higher dph still applies as it always has.
    The topic seemed more centered around the dph as opposed to dps of these daggers, which g13 would be the lesser for.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    An expansion of what I meant by their 'claim to fame'. Without that stat i doubt many sins would bother with them, if any.
    Even still, they could be used to swap out some 99 gears for more def/HP, but that you do that at the cost of a higher dph still applies as it always has.
    The topic seemed more centered around the dph as opposed to dps of these daggers, which g13 would be the lesser for.
    Yeah, without -int G13 are TERRIBAD... Lol... Though, I must admit, I have seen some people who can do work with them. xD I like to think I was one of those people, but I don't use them anymore so it doesn't matter. b:surrender
    Current Gears
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Glances down at sig. These posts are amusing. I am already doing higher crit damage than my DDT's did without zerking and that is with crappy adds and silly +3 refines. Oh pls stop the horror b:chuckle

Ok well dont look at my sig logged in wrong char by accident. But anyway lol
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    A friend was actually testing her N3 daggers, were comparing em to the G13 ones she had before. She had +10 barrier thorns and she claims her N3 at +3 hit harder than they did and that she is actually out DDing decent weps, making her to deal with aggro again. And I do believe her, she should have enough badges for another re-roll tonight and if she getting the -int, Archo finally has their first N3 daggers at +10. Funny enough I got the 2nd dagger mold on server that I know of but I need 2x to farm raps for G15 version first =/.
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes they hit very hard. Even at 3.33 aps I pull and hold agro off of g13 sins very easily. b:chuckle I should have enough badges to reroll again. If I get one -int I will be happy. But 2 would be superniceb:victory b:thanks
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Yes they hit very hard. Even at 3.33 aps I pull and hold agro off of g13 sins very easily. b:chuckle I should have enough badges to reroll again. If I get one -int I will be happy. But 2 would be superniceb:victory b:thanks

I want 3x -int to be 4aps with chill. Too bad even 2x -int is bit unrealistic.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    I want 3x -int to be 4aps with chill. Too bad even 2x -int is bit unrealistic.

I wouldn't necessarily call it unrealistic at 1:141. Compared to the 1:400 of G15 Nirvana, it's rather good.

Far more unrealistic goals include:
    3x -0.05 on G16 (1:8000)
    GoF w/ 1x -0.05 on G15 (1:422)
    2x -0.05 on recast R8 chest (1:1,566)

Also, with just 3x -0.05, you wouldn't get to 4 aps, even with Demon Chill. It'd be 3.33. Unless of course you also plan to get the aforementioned recast R8 chest. Or the much, much less likely 2x -0.05 recast r8 boots.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't necessarily call it unrealistic at 1:141. Compared to the 1:400 of G15 Nirvana, it's rather good.

Far more unrealistic goals include:
    3x -0.05 on G16 (1:8000)
    GoF w/ 1x -0.05 on G15 (1:422)
    2x -0.05 on recast R8 chest (1:1,566)

Also, with just 3x -0.05, you wouldn't get to 4 aps, even with Demon Chill. It'd be 3.33. Unless of course you also plan to get the aforementioned recast R8 chest. Or the much, much less likely 2x -0.05 recast r8 boots.

Oh, why do I have the image of it being 4aps? Im curious as I do trust I made a boo boo but I`m simply wondering why I made it, lol.

And while -int isnt absurd to get, it`s rare enough that I find recasting till you get it more or less fools work. While chances are that out of 141 tries, there is a good chance you dont as the expected values are no kind of guarantees.
  • Cyatine - Harshlands
    Cyatine - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Much more scary is a 5 aps base sage sin with triple int, who cares about chill 4 aps :P

my second set of T3 daggers go to my sage alt sin which i will bring up to 4 aps with a double int T3 daggers. I will keep rerolling them till i get them :P

Getting to 5 aps with merely windshield and a decent statted genie to keep the damage reduction, and voila, the ultimate farming sin
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Much more scary is a 5 aps base sage sin with triple int, who cares about chill 4 aps :P

my second set of T3 daggers go to my sage alt sin which i will bring up to 4 aps with a double int T3 daggers. I will keep rerolling them till i get them :P

Getting to 5 aps with merely windshield and a decent statted genie to keep the damage reduction, and voila, the ultimate farming sin

I'm considering the same thing for mine, though I think even if I do get 2x-int, if the 3rd add isn't useful I may keep going for 3x -int or 2x -int and +dex or Max phys attack. I know in theory the odds of 3x -int is 1:8000 but for 5base sage sin it would be great, and the ability to use on my demon with T3 boots T2 bracers, R9 belt and Cube neck, while STILL being 5spark is quite attractive...
    Current Gears
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    I'm considering the same thing for mine, though I think even if I do get 2x-int, if the 3rd add isn't useful I may keep going for 3x -int or 2x -int and +dex or Max phys attack. I know in theory the odds of 3x -int is 1:8000 but for 5base sage sin it would be great, and the ability to use on my demon with T3 boots T2 bracers, R9 belt and Cube neck, while STILL being 5spark is quite attractive...

If you want 5 aps base Sages, your best best would actually be recast R8. Chest with 2x -0.05 is 1:1,566, the boots with 1x -0.05 are 1:223 and the weapons with 2x -0.05 would be 1:141.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited July 2012

I`ve been told that wind shield only gets you to 4aps and it wont get you to 5aps, even if the attack speed increase should put you there. That may be some rumor as I never have tested it myself. So I`d take that one with grain of salt.

But I admit, 5aps demon with good orns & recast armors is quite appealing. More so as I got sage archer on same account with sin, thus it would be quite appealing to have more defenses from gear. Granted I`m going to stick with -int and decent addons with my N3 if I get the like of roll. Been watching guildie recast her daggers ~10 times w/o -int uet and I kinda dont wanna do that myself as I need to get bow for Archer & armors for barb too =/.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    If you want 5 aps base Sages, your best best would actually be recast R8. Chest with 2x -0.05 is 1:1,566, the boots with 1x -0.05 are 1:223 and the weapons with 2x -0.05 would be 1:141.
    that IS true, but with 3x -int on daggers I could use on my demon as well and upgrade my boots/bracers and necklace and belt for more defense (Probably gonna do boots and bracers anyway and just take 4APS sparked)
    Current Gears