about g16 daggers reroll

DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
DeepSilence - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Assassin
Alright, so I finally managed to make my g16 daggers last week (I now have g13 +12) and I can say I got pretty lucky from the first try and got int and +106 max physical attack .. and +18 magic which is pretty useless and only 1 socket.

Now I'm wondering if I should keep it like this or try some re-rolls ? Its not the magic that I was thinking of doing the re-rolls for but rather to get the second socket as 20.000 socket stones is quite expensive. Also what are the chances of getting int + 2 x max attack - my guess is that are the best stats a sin can hope for?

So anyone know the chances of getting 2 sockets and int + max attack? Is it worth doing re-rolls or is might be cheaper to just buy the socket stones .. any thoughts are appreciated.

Also, for the g16 dagger owners out there - what ya got on your daggers and how many re-rolls ya did to get it? :D

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not that rich so money are an issue to consider :P
Post edited by DeepSilence - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now I'm wondering if I should keep it like this or try some re-rolls ? Its not the magic that I was thinking of doing the re-rolls for but rather to get the second socket as 20.000 socket stones is quite expensive. Also what are the chances of getting int + 2 x max attack - my guess is that are the best stats a sin can hope for?

I don't really see the point of rerolling just for the socket. The weapon is already superior to regular R9 as it is. Especially since you're likely to lose the max attack mod while you're rerolling, which would kind make the rerolling pointless to begin with.

As for your question, looking at this, the odds for 1x -0.05 and 2x max would be 1:667.
    So anyone know the chances of getting 2 sockets and int + max attack? Is it worth doing re-rolls or is might be cheaper to just buy the socket stones .. any thoughts are appreciated.

Well, it's 10% to craft 2 sockets, and the odds for 1x -0.05 interval and +max is 3%, so combined it'd be 0.3%, or 1:334.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the info, I guess it's really not worth to try any re-roll since I could end up spending more then the costs of 20.000 sockets and with something worse then I already have today - and at my luck it is most likely to happen :D
  • anbelll
    anbelll Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Well, it's 10% to craft 10 sockets, and the odds for 1x -0.05 interval and +max is 3%, so combined it'd be 0.3%, or 1:334.

I actually laughed out at this xD
    Didn't mean to show your mistake, I just thought it was fun :P

But, on topic:

I really think that it's not worth rerolling. as Olbaze said, the odds of getting something better that what you already have (or even the same) are low, so consider yourself really lucky.

It will take some time and money, but getting the 20k socket stones gives you a 100% chance to have a 2sock weapon with great adds, whereas you don't get any 100% chance of anything with rerolling.

I would stick with the deterministic outcome b:avoid
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anbelll wrote: »
    I actually laughed out at this xD
    Didn't mean to show your mistake, I just thought it was fun :P

it wasnt a mistake, he was using binary :b
    you only purge once #yopo
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it Wasnt A Mistake, He Was Using Binary :b

Ohmygawd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it wasnt a mistake, he was using binary :b

Oh my god so much win in this post. xD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who dont.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    High class roll

I had hoped for 2 sockets also, but with any -int, they're already comparable or better than R9, and with a +max phys attack ad it's definitely better for PvE. The third ad doesn't necessarily matter, granted I understand not wanting +mag... I had +mag on T2 for a while and the trolling about it NEVER ceased... All in all, with the ads you have, if you want to try for something better, you'd be better off starting a new set instead of risking losing what you have. (I think I may eventually go for 2x -int on a new set for my sage eventually...) but tbh in the meantime I think I have other things that are more important (Like increasing my Defense and HP... Lol)

Basically, what I'm saying is that the best thing is probably to keep what you have. It's a fairly high grade roll, and definitely has potential to out DD R9 sins as it is.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Geshwur, I was thinking the same thing - if I am to try a re-roll I might do it on another set. For now I will keep the daggers as they are - I don't mind the trolling about having magic on it - I can say I have magic daggers b:chuckle
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Geshwur, I was thinking the same thing - if I am to try a re-roll I might do it on another set. For now I will keep the daggers as they are - I don't mind the trolling about having magic on it - I can say I have magic daggers b:chuckle

When I had T2 with magic ad, if people started trollin me, I'd just say I was looking for Caster vana b:chuckle
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb