Scammers and rules to help

Options
mike171
mike171 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Well im Tired of Scammers here is a list of just some of the names of the character currently known for scamming:

"names removed for forum rules"

and there are thousands more out there jsut waiting to pick on u or anyone u know.

Rules to live by:
1. In buying FC room from shady stranger always ask for lead first before transfering the money or he can kick the squad and u loose out. if they refuse to transfer lead before payment then leave.

2.Do not trade high end items to friends or strangers cause they want to "try it" once the trade is done there is nothing stopping them from running off with your item . if u do, ask for somthing in equal value as collateral.

3.Never give out your account and password to others it basically a no brainer :p
u
Post edited by mike171 on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    mike171 wrote: »

Rules to live by:
    1. In buying FC room from shady stranger always ask for lead first before transfering the money or he can kick the squad and u loose out. if they refuse to transfer lead before payment then leave.

Beside buy FC people should just do their own FC and i saw ''buyer'' scam the seller too.

Name people is not allowed on forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • mike171
    mike171 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    my bad i jsut so tired if this **** i jsut felt i had to do somthing this forum can be delted if breaking rules
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

This ain't gonna work. What if the buyer is the scammer who asks for lead to then kick the seller and sell the exp room? The one who did all the hard work ain't gonna be stupid enough to pass lead to anyone when he's selling exp room spots. If you're that afraid to get scammed by a seller then simply don't buy FCC spots. BTW, while naming and shaming on the forums is not allowed, nothing stops you from using a few teles on World Chat to do it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bearyflair wrote: »
    This ain't gonna work. What if the buyer is the scammer who asks for lead to then kick the seller and sell the exp room? The one who did all the hard work ain't gonna be stupid enough to pass lead to anyone when he's selling exp room spots. If you're that afraid to get scammed by a seller then simply don't buy FCC spots. BTW, while naming and shaming on the forums is not allowed, nothing stops you from using a few teles on World Chat to do it.

This. I would never, ever, transfer lead beforehand. I've had buyers take advantage of fac mates just from ill timed DC before and I won't be willingly risking the same kind of behavior. It's much easier for you to pop in and out and ruin my ability to sell if I kick you from squad by logging constantly than it is easy for to get anyone to give a flying flip about the fact that a sin seller lost on a run's worth of income. I'm the one that put in all the work to do the FC, I'm the one whose going to get trashed if I kick impacting my ability to sell future fcs, I'm the one with more to lose. So I'm not going to transfer lead to a buyer who won't pay me beforehand. This isn't a TM run where I can be reasonably assured that you're going to want to do another run. You don't have a logical reason to pay me once you have lead. IF you can find someone that will, good for you. But don't assume people who won't are scammers. Because I never would and I am definitely not a scammer.

Hell, I paid for a barbs nirvy key once after I immediately got a free opener after inviting him just because he had been standing by the door and ported in a mere 2 seconds after I invited him. He wasted his key so I paid him even though I didn't use it. Because I'm the one that caused him to waste it. That's just how I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The rules are same as rl, really :

1) Never pay in advance of delivery, unles there are guarantees (often labels) or the amount is too small to care if you loose it.
    2) Do not pass your cellphone to a random person on the street who asks you if he can pass a call.
    3) Never give away your bank info to random advertising junkmail you get everyday.

Honestly, if you buy fcc or pay a wine fee, etc, you always have the risk of being scammed. But the amount is to small to care (if the 200k~300k does seem big compared to the risk, you shouldn't be buying in the first place). In case of big amounts, like that other thread about G16 nirvana molds... Trading something of that value to random strangers is asking for trouble. I don't even get why ppl do it, unless they are insanely rich and a lunar weapon/armor is just random junk for them. It's same as those Europeans that send money to *insert random African or Asian country* and then expect to get a house key of an appartment in *insert random European capital* in return.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well im Tired of Scammers here is a list of just some of the names of the character currently known for scamming:

"names removed for forum rules"

and there are thousands more out there jsut waiting to pick on u or anyone u know.

Rules to live by:

2.Do not trade high end items to friends or strangers cause they want to "try it" once the trade is done there is nothing stopping them from running off with your item . if u do, ask for somthing in equal value as collateral.

3.Never give out your account and password to others it basically a no brainer :p
    u

1. I think a better option is to ask around and find a good fc runner first. Some of the best ppl I know in the game run fc and WC for it all the time. Ask around, wc for recommendations.

2.yeah, that is always a scam.

3. um, so should I lock my doors at night?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I haven't really participated in the whole selling FCC thing, but, oh well.

Personally, I would never give lead to any of the people I'm selling for, until I got the full squad made. After all, I'm the one who did the run and I'd also be at a bigger risk. After all, as a buyer the most you're losing is the ~300,000 coin fee, but as a seller you could lose the full 5 spots' worth, e.g. 1,500,000.

Also, I don't really see how the seller could possibly scam the buyer anyway. Most if not all buyers will be in the big room anyway, so you will end up paying your fee when you get there. From there, what exactly can the buyer do to "scam" you?

The only way I can see for a seller to "scam" a buyer is taking the fees outside of the dungeon and/or taking the fees before inviting to the squad. That and starting the head quest after he's got his money.

In comparison, for a buyer it's very easy to just ask for lead with an excuse such as "I got another buyer", and they can then kick all of the previous members, if any at all, and sell the heads themselves.
    2) Do not pass your cellphone to a random person on the street who asks you if he can pass a call.

I once lent my cellphone to someone I knew only by name back in middle school. He said he wanted to call a friend or so. He made two calls and then gave the phone back. Only when we got my phone bill did we find out that he had made a conference call between two other cellphones and it had been running for hours. What he got out of it? The two participants had cellphone plans where they get free calltime from taking calls. Luckily though, he did not wipe my call history (as that would've been suspicious) and I reached one of his family members through one of the numbers. From there, we got in touch with his mother, who was more than willing to pay what the call had cost us.

From that day onwards, I've never lent my cellphone to anyone for any reason.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    There's scammers and stupid people everywhere and both seller/buyer can be scammer.

I saw couple of time a ''buyer'' run in the FC and go start the heads without pay just to make the seller lose money (and people try pk the guy beside at least kill heads that are not in the mobs, like pk the guy will bring back heads) so try to sell a FC room with only mobs, no one will pay for that they want heads or i see couple times too the seller DC, than when back the person who got lead don't reinv him, so the ''buyer'' got a ''free'' FC, sometime they will even kick the other who paid to inv their friends/factions, so far i saw more FC buyers scam than the sellers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The only rules you really need are....

Use common sense.
    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Pay attention to what you're buying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    simple Solution to FC scams; Don't Buy FC BR b:pleased

Level up the normal way, kthxbaib:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Scammer" is such a relative word.

Most of the times people scam themselves due to stupidity.

Saw this catshop today selling DQ81 for 18K and DQ91 for 20K. Went to check AH for prices... things didnt add up.
    Left the catshop a message saying "check AH for prices".
    He/she pm-ed me 1 or 2 hours later saying "im making huge money here". When i told him all of his/her stacks were still at 100 he/she laughed and told me his/her catshop made 25M during the last 24 hours.
    Then he/she went offline. Why does a catshop go offline?
    Well maybe he/she cant dualclient and the person is now farming DQ like mad on his/her main, idk.

This isnt a scammer. Shoptitle was "DQ", and the shop was selling DQ. No wait, the shop offered DQ for sale, it didnt actually sell. xD
    People who do buy DQ from that shop are just not paying attention, or find it fun to pay more then needed.

Exploitment of others stupidity. Is that scamming? Or is it just exploiting someone's stupidity?
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Scammer" is such a relative word.

Most of the times people scam themselves due to stupidity.

Saw this catshop today selling DQ81 for 18K and DQ91 for 20K. Went to check AH for prices... things didnt add up.
    Left the catshop a message saying "check AH for prices".
    He/she pm-ed me 1 or 2 hours later saying "im making huge money here". When i told him all of his/her stacks were still at 100 he/she laughed and told me his/her catshop made 25M during the last 24 hours.
    Then he/she went offline. Why does a catshop go offline?
    Well maybe he/she cant dualclient and the person is now farming DQ like mad on his/her main, idk.

This isnt a scammer. Shoptitle was "DQ", and the shop was selling DQ. No wait, the shop offered DQ for sale, it didnt actually sell. xD
    People who do buy DQ from that shop are just not paying attention, or find it fun to pay more then needed.

Exploitment of others stupidity. Is that scamming? Or is it just exploiting someone's stupidity?

It's really not. People just misuse it an awful lot, like people misuse the word "hacker." Sorry, but a boyfriend stealing your items after you shared your account with him isn't hacking. It's stealing, but he didn't **** into your account.

That's a not scam. You can price your stuff however you want to price it. If someone decides they want to pay a lot of money for your dq items so they don't have to run to the AH. Then more money for you. The shop title made no claim that it was the best price or that you were getting anything other than DQ.

The meaning of scamming is to get something through fraudulent means, for example claiming something is a page of fate when it's actually an elite blade charm. Or a token of best luck when it's only a regular token. Or switching the items out with something else in the trade menu to cheat someone out of their coin while you get your items.

Buyers who claim they are going to pay you for your fc and then kick you out of squad are stealing your FC. Not really a scam in the strictest sense but they are obtaining something of yours through fraudulent means. Likewise sellers of fc who kick you once they got your money are doing the same thing. Charging 400k for heads when everyone else is charging 200k? That's not a scam. They aren't pretending its 200k and then demanding 400k. They aren't pretending it's something that it's not. If you choose to pay more for the FC just because you have to have it right now then they are merely selling you the item for what is worth to you. If it wasn't worth that much to you, then be careful. And be aware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Venus remember back when server was just opened there were catshop called "Free Money". They would sell, for example, lvl10 HP pots for 200 coins, and bought them back at 400. After you bought them and tried to drag them to the sell spot, this wasnt possible.

How the heck did they do that?
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Venus remember back when server was just opened there were catshop called "Free Money". They would sell, for example, lvl10 HP pots for 200 coins, and bought them back at 400. After you bought them and tried to drag them to the sell spot, this wasnt possible.

People still do that. It's actually rather simple too. And yeah that counts but I mean, I always thought people who fell for that were being silly. It reminds me of those Tom and Jerry cartoons where they would have the free cookie trap under the cardboard box propped up by a twig with string.

http://thereaganwing.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/box-trap1.jpg <--thats what i mean. But I can't find the Looney Tunes or Tom And Jerry example. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options

You have a full inventory. Then there is no slot for the purchased items to go into.
    People still pull **** like that, and it still works because stupid people will still fall for it.
    It's not really scammining, it's just taking advantage of the common idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You have a full inventory. Then there is no slot for the purchased items to go into.
    People still pull **** like that, and it still works because stupid people will still fall for it.

True, that's sad. Then they get mad because they wern't thinking.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Just buy the whole stack of said items and then sell it back, the shop won't have a full inventory anymore b:laugh
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bearyflair wrote: »
    Just buy the whole stack of said items and then sell it back, the shop won't have a full inventory anymore b:laugh

Maybe they don't sell all in case stupid people buy all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zaa - Harshlands
    Zaa - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

u

how bout to play the normal way and not a fail way