Heybriefzy - Raging Tide
Heybriefzy - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Venomancer
Hey PWI people,

Today I am trying to choose a class between the following three classes;
Venomancer
Assassin
Cleric

I like them all for different reasons I like each ones play style, but I want to choose one.
I love Venomancer's Pet System.
I love Assassin's full out damage(OP).
I love Cleric's Wings those damn wings Dark Negation you are what started this aswell as Nix for Veno.

Please help me decide between them I have been walking around Arch asking people for their opinions but its hard because everyone is so bias towards their class.
Post edited by Heybriefzy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Do you like playing solo more, or do you prefer to be working in a squad?

When you are working in a squad, what kind of job do you prefer to have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Heybriefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Do you like playing solo more, or do you prefer to be working in a squad?

When you are working in a squad, what kind of job do you prefer to have?

To be honest I like to play in a squad, but Im only level 34 so whats the point in being in a squad at that level can do everything for myself.

Im not sure what kind of job I like, not even sure what the jobs are.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    At level 34, the point of being in a squad would be to get whatever you're doing done more quickly, mainly. And to maybe learn some squad dynamics early on before it's really critical for you to know them.

In six levels (no time) you'll be 40, and beginning to run BHs. You'll be running them in squads.

As a veno, your role in a squad is to keep the mobs / bosses debuffed (ironwood and amp damage, plus maybe pet skills), give sparks to whoever needs them most (lending hand), and deal damage whenever you're not busy with anything else.

As an assassin, your role in squad is to deal damage. Since the 'sin is mainly a single-target DD, you'll often be crowd control; try to keep any mobs that may slip through the AoE DDs' net from attacking the cleric and/or other squishies in the rear echelon. Cleric's bodyguard when the squad is moving, secondary or even primary damage dealer when you get to the boss.

As a cleric, your role is to keep the squad alive. Heal those who take damage, purify those who get debuffed, resurrect and buff those who get killed, and maybe deal some damage (or debuff) if you ever get a second free.

Venos have probably the easiest time soloing. Assassins have a slow and weak early game but get to be good soloists once you level them up. I haven't played cleric long enough to judge their soloing ability; from what I've seen they seem to have a slow but steady solo gameplay, with lots of self-healing involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well playing as a veno... you get many useful skills and can tame many. Pets. You will also be able to solo a lot meaning you won't need to ask for help sometimes. Although Veno's get pretty boring and repetitive as you level.

Assassin...the beginning will be hard and you'll not have much Hp or Mp. But as you get into higher levels and get better gear you start dealing amazing damage assuming you try for aps. As an assassin you have the ability to stealth. So if you like disappearing where your not seen and popping out to kill someone or mobs..choose assassin.

Choosing to play a class because of the wings they can wear doesn't make sense and those wings will be really expensive. Also...1-late 60s will be hard. But on plus side you get some very cool skills and you can heal and buff people! Also revive the dead and clerics are always needed. If you like the ability to heal and revive and support..choose cleric.

Might wanna try Mystic. You get many summons to work with. it's soo fun 1-50 levels. You can heal yourself quickly. You can solo some stuff. Better damage then a Veno or a Cleric

You won't be able to fully do what a Venom or a Cleric can do but that makes it for an interesting class.
  • Heybriefzy - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well playing as a veno... you get many useful skills and can tame many. Pets. You will also be able to solo a lot meaning you won't need to ask for help sometimes. Although Veno's get pretty boring and repetitive as you level.

Assassin...the beginning will be hard and you'll not have much Hp or Mp. But as you get into higher levels and get better gear you start dealing amazing damage assuming you try for aps. As an assassin you have the ability to stealth. So if you like disappearing where your not seen and popping out to kill someone or mobs..choose assassin.

Choosing to play a class because of the wings they can wear doesn't make sense and those wings will be really expensive. Also...1-late 60s will be hard. But on plus side you get some very cool skills and you can heal and buff people! Also revive the dead and clerics are always needed. If you like the ability to heal and revive and support..choose cleric.

Might wanna try Mystic. You get many summons to work with. it's solo fun 1-50 levels. You can heal yourself quickly. You can solo some stuff. Better damage then a Veno or a Cleric

Quick note I hate 57m Cash, Ninetails, and some Vampire Fash.
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Quick note I hate 57m Cash, Ninetails, and some Vampire Fash.

Nice so then it's fine if you wanna choose Veno to get Herc. Or if you wanna get those wings on your cleric.

Playing as a venomancer isn't that fun in the beginning. Venos again will be pretty boring and repetitive although you can solo stuff. But if you can make it through either of these classes tough times you'll be fine.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the question is are you going to cash shop or not.

Yes = assassin , use him as farmer etc

No = Venomancer

squad play = Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue