I curse my luck in refinement..

Options
divinier
divinier Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Having finally reached r8 purely by farming/merchanting, I decided to start refining them to say +4 for a start.

With 1000 Mirages, I intended to put 3pieces of armor to +4. However, I end up only managing one piece of armor to +4 at the end of it.

After awhile, I finally decided to leave the armors at +3, since that somehow seems way easier to me, and decided to start saving up again for refining the weapon.

With another 1000 Mirages, I still didnt managed to refine the weapon to +5, it reached +4 about 3times, but never succeeded the one last time that I really wanted.

I curse my luck at refining these days...zzz... in the past I had better luck, where I made a few armors to +4 with relative ease..and now this..b:angryb:angryb:angry

Anybody has the same experience as me?
Post edited by divinier on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    What refining aids are you using, and at what levels do you start using them?

Me, I wouldn't dare try with mirages alone any further than +3. After that, tishas. If I had more than one piece to refine at a time, I'd religiously follow the spreadsheet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • divinier
    divinier Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eh I didnt used refining aids.

Was fresh r8 equips, so I started on 0. Used purely Mirages only.

Since I only wanted +4s/5, decided to buy only mirages instead.

From the stickies, the refinement rate shld be: 50%, 30%, 30%, 30%, 30%?

Thought I would Approximately spent 1mil+ for refining armor to +4 (about 100Mirages?), and 6mil+ to refine my weapon to +5.

As it is, I had terrible luck with only mirages. I can only guess it's either the success percentage isnt as per above, or I really had very terrible luck
  • DarkMarch - Lost City
    DarkMarch - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ah, reading your spreadsheet, and assuming all the stats are right, I shld be using Tienkangs for my weapon's 5th refinement..?

Still, it doesnt explains how 2000Mirages were used and I have such crappy refinement results on my armors and weapons.

Sigh..I really hate my luck on the 2000Mirages.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    First off, it's not my spreadsheet, it's WarrenWolfy's. All credit belongs to him.

Second, the spreadsheet depends on knowing the prices (and availability) of the various refine aids on your server at the moment. You should click the "edit" button and update those before using it seriously, or it'll give you bad advice.

Third... Well, refining is a gamble, and you had bad luck. It happens. Sucks that you burned 2k mirages, but honestly, I've actually heard much worse stories too.

Anyway, part of that spreadsheet's problem is that --- just like refining itself --- it depends on probabilities and averages. It'll be correct in the long run, or closer to correct than anything else I know, but if you're only refining a piece or two you may have either better or worse luck than those averages. Still, for something like refining a full set of equipment all at once, I'd stick to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp