It's time for me to retire this game

eso
eso Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Etherblade (West)
If anyone knows me, I have been a veteran from the pvp server and moved here, sadly I think the community and dev team have really gotten to me, everything turning rotten and everything seems to be getting worse, I'm jumping ship before it sinks (it if ever does). When I saw someone trying to make people buy something for huge amounts of gold and/or 100 mill for a axe, I knew this game has had it. It's pushing out all the people who are just here for free-to-play, I dabbled in it alittle like 20 bucks, but I didn't really wanted to do it, and I felt awful doing so because of the other people who grind hard for their things, I ended breaking my own rule.

Whether your my friend or enemy(which is a shame if you saw my perspective on things), I don't really hate anyone on here, but I wish people wouldn't resort to hostile verbal harassment to rile me up because I wanted to realistically prove a point that there was something wrong with this game, and I didn't want anyone else getting sucked into this money trap. Put it like this I love ya all, but the community has been turning dark, and I have to walk away, I stripped everything I owned as a lvl 89 seeker to other people who need it.

Hey it's been a fun MMO up till now, but like I typed earlier, it's becoming a sad sight, and I have to say no to this bad drug I was on for too long.

Also special note to people I've seen and talked to:

You keep having fun Gorgonnia and BabyYingYi whom I considered one of the best players on the server, and the factions I've been with in the past. Enrage/Gold-diggers, I may have not like your factions all that much, but you guys did make things more fun and interesting. Also special shout out to Rage-Quit guild and Conquerer in PVP server if they are still around, that was one hell of a ride years ago. I wanted to be just as good as Baby who is a seeker in our server, but that dream isn't going to be realized as a fun goal.

Anyway, you all take care everyone.

P.S. if anyone players in this server resorts to the same hostile acts like they have to me for pointing out problems with this game, here's a little saying:

"Insults are the arguments...

...employed by those who are in the wrong. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau"

I'm ashamed to say I stooped down to that level, and I realized it was time to quit. I don't need to point out what's up with this game because most know already. Anyway adios all.
Post edited by eso on

Comments

• AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not to be rude, but who are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    babyj best seeker b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eso wrote: »
    .... but that dream isn't going to be realized as a fun goal .

This sums up PWI now-days perfectly , on so many levels !!

I wish you good luck b:bye Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough Is Enough .
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're not just leaving, you're lecturing us about why *we* should.

I understand your feelings on the matter, but it's not really necessary to explain, or justify your leaving. Beyond your faction and friends, none of us need to know *why* you're leaving.

Of course, I'm assuming you'll actually *leave*, instead of post this rant every week for the next few years like everyone *else* who "leaves this game".

If you're happier somewhere else, then more power to you. It's a game - if you're not having fun anymore, what's the point?

\just because you're leaving doesn't mean we are required to go with you
    \\and just because you *say* "insults mean you're wrong", doesn't make it true, or make me give a @#*&
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • _Floo_ - Heavens Tear
    _Floo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I should uninstall also. Because I see people said BJY is best seeker.b:shocked

Anyway, good luck to u in RL. DON'T COME BACK HERE ANYMORE. b:chuckle
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    babyj best seeker b:cute

What the hell is a Seeker?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Wtf is the internet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wtf is the internet?

iunno man
  • duckeman
    duckeman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I havent played in a while,just troll these everynow and then. Been nice going out and having a life
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2012

i think its that thing that swirls around in circles
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eso wrote: »
    It's pushing out all the people who are just here for free-to-play
    Ofcourse! Free 2 play players dont bring in any coin for the company, so they basically dont excist [to the company].

Oh, all the players that do spend real cash on this game are not persons, just a bag of money. Money they are preying on, money they want, from you.

PWI still advertises as being a F2P mmorpg, and it technically also is one. But the players know better. You can achieve almost everything F2P, it will just take so much longer.

The threadtitle could use some adjusting into something like: Its time for the game to retire for me.
    Yes, the ship is sinking, but its also a fact that as long as players keep spending real cash on PWI, the servers will stay open.

I have no raw numbers, but im still pretty sure the number of people who spend money on this game gets smaller, not bigger. Its just a matter of time.
  • mybish
    mybish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes quit cuz you're poor and you can't afford gear....**** that's pathetic. It seems that you're lazy both in game and out. Unless of course your a kid that cant work. If not, get a decent job and CS yourself or **** and work for it in game. :D
  • bel1al
    bel1al Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see my name in the OP. b:victory

Nothing, that.

Have fun in RL :D
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mybish wrote: »
    Yes quit cuz you're poor and you can't afford gear....**** that's pathetic. It seems that you're lazy both in game and out. Unless of course your a kid that cant work. If not, get a decent job and CS yourself or **** and work for it in game. :D

I think the person quitting is like full R9 with +10-12 refines on all of his/her gears. Kind of makes your point moot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the person quitting is like full R9 with +10-12 refines on all of his/her gears. Kind of makes your point moot.

I think the person quitting is like level 89 with his only friend on core being Shelly. Kind of makes your point moot.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think all points here are moot.Its pointless and no one really gives a dam about people leaving
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Neomccoy - Heavens Tear
    Neomccoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    duckeman wrote: »
    Been nice going outside

What is outside?
    -retired-b:bye
    9x WB, Tao

Jermaine 83 Sin - retired...
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    6 weeks until more quitters? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited July 2012
    6 weeks until more quitters? b:bye

I might buy a new computer and stalk you on GW2b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wait, they censor *** now? Or was it always censored?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Wait, they censor *** now? Or was it always censored?

Always, I think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    They cant filter out numbers. b:chuckle
    edited July 2012
    They cant filter out numbers. b:chuckle

***?

Can't they?

Gee Double You 2, guess I'll stick to that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    or WG2 ? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    ***?

Can't they?

Gee Double You 2, guess I'll stick to that!
    Typing stars doesnt count.

The only numbers i can think of that could be filtered out are 666 and a 4 digit number posted in another thread i just dont want to repeat. :P
    edited July 2012
    Typing stars doesnt count.

The only numbers i can think of that could be filtered out are 666 and a 4 digit number posted in another thread i just dont want to repeat. :P

I didn't type stars you...ummm...*holds back self from being rude*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *** The letters G and W and number 2 in succession ( meaning coming directly after each other ) censored since im not sure when . However they cannot censor Guild ( its a faction ) , Wars ( as in territory wars ) and I guess the number 2 still works (?) Censoring these words could lead to alot of confusion . Put the words together in succession tho and ... Testing : Guild Wars 2
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    now the thread will get closed :/ b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    quick, back on topic!

we'll miss you, u were such a dedicated pwi'er, good luck in your next game b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    quick, back on topic!

we'll miss you, u were such a dedicated pwi'er, good luck in your next game b:bye

You know they're doin it wrong when more people are playing minecraft than PWi. lol
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]