Untamed Customization

howlingatthemoon
howlingatthemoon Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestion Box
The Untamed seem to be the only race that is not fully customizable. I wanted to make a unique Untamed to enter into the "Create a Character" contest but found that there really isnt much of anything that you can alter using the tools provided! That needs to change! Maybe I want my Were-Tiger to be snow white or my Were-Wolf to be jet black. Maybe I want their facial expressions to be more fierce and intimidating. But none of this is attainable using the current system. Any chance that there might be a time when it is?

And also, there needs to be more choices as far as class goes. Why does a male have to be a brawler and why does a female have to be a magic user? Why cant it be reversed or have the option for both?
Post edited by howlingatthemoon on

Comments

• bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Um, fyi, the thread title is misleading a bit. It should say Barb Customization. Venos are fully customizable after choosing your prefered ear/tail combo. I should know, since I converted a custom Veno file into a Human and didn't get any errors (Copy/Paste all info from one saved file into another) after loading it. That means all the options are unlocked in Veno that are in others, but not Barbs though.

And about your other part, the game is based on Chinese legends. Fox/Cat/Antelope/Bunny/Devil spirits were always girls, Tiger/Wolf/the rest I forgot were always male. Been many threads about it, much asking, and it's not changing. If you don't like it, don't play the class. It sounds harsh, but the game just isn't changing, so either accept it or don't play the class you don't like.

You can have comfort in knowing that there's only two gender locked classes here. Some games have all classes gender locked, and playing the class you like doesn't always coincide with your gender. But people either deal with it, or don't play it.

I'm not really saying to leave, just get used to it and have fun playing. Your character's gender shouldn't be a factor in how much you enjoy or not enjoy a game.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • howlingatthemoon
    howlingatthemoon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the info. A little less than friendly, but useful nonetheless.
  • Jedadeana - Heavens Tear
    Jedadeana - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bron wrote: »
    Um, fyi, the thread title is misleading a bit. It should say Barb Customization. Venos are fully customizable after choosing your prefered ear/tail combo.

well, this is not totally true, since you cannot change the color of the tail or ears, or change the size of the animal ears... not to nitpick too much

I totally agree that customization needs to be better for the males, not only in color, but in facial feature options, etc
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The Untamed seem to be the only race that is not fully customizable. I wanted to make a unique Untamed to enter into the "Create a Character" contest but found that there really isnt much of anything that you can alter using the tools provided! That needs to change! Maybe I want my Were-Tiger to be snow white or my Were-Wolf to be jet black. Maybe I want their facial expressions to be more fierce and intimidating. But none of this is attainable using the current system. Any chance that there might be a time when it is?

I can't agree with you more. I tried to do something with them for the contest because I saw this was needed... but none of the controls even work. So alas.. I could not. :(
  • wolfgrawr
    wolfgrawr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think they should change the customization for males, and maybe venos (for venos tails and ears). And I also have a good idea about shape-sifting forms as well being customized, like what ever your hair color is would be the color of the fox's or tiger.I also think it would be even more various if the were-wolf turned into a wolf, or if u had a bunny veno u'd turn into a bunny not a fox, catch my drift i hope? But I also like them for what they are but what I'm saying is that the more variety, the more people will want to play it or use the time to spend money into it. It would also be kinda cool if barbs could wear hairstyles b:cute but these are only my opinions. also i don't get why male untamed don't have tails, Ive had a veno before and i miss my waggy little tail now that Im playing a barb b:sad but whos to say the game will change, you never know its all up to the GMs b:surrender
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i smell a dead thread rising...

if you must raise this issue again do it in a new thread not one that is almost 4 years without a post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101

^ All covered in there. May not be as easy as a magical preset, but please, post here and help us out. b:thanks

Were-forms will most likely never be changeable. It's having to do with Chinese mythology. Since this game is from a Chinese company... Well, I'm sure you get the idea.