Pls GM and/or Mods check it thx

Options
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I just receive that email and to be honest i have no idea if it's fake or not, to me that sound fake and i wanted to know if Gm/mods or maybe a other player know about that.

pwserv10.jpg

The black box are just to hide my email and name and yes my hotmail is in french (but the email is in english).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    looks very suspicious. where does the link actually lead to?

i would just delete it. never heard of anything like it, and PWI has never mentioned it publicly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Options
    looks very suspicious. where does the link actually lead to?

i would just delete it. never heard of anything like it, and PWI has never mentioned it publicly

I know sound weird it's why i SSed and post here, cause yea i send a ticket this week, but i've never heard of that (the survey thing) and the timing that i recieve it the day after i send a ticket it's weird.

I guess GM will know if it's fake or not and if it is fake to warn player to don't do it.

I don't know where the link lead, i didn't click on it, i wanna know before if GM know about it. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• criss11
    criss11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I really want a Gatherer mod (like in WoW) to know where are the herbs or mines on minimap (or by enabling it on the big map) when im in an area to kill mobs.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
    edited July 2012
    Options
    criss11 wrote: »
    I really want a Gatherer mod (like in WoW) to know where are the herbs or mines on minimap (or by enabling it on the big map) when im in an area to kill mobs.

Dude you are not in WoW and not in the right section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I just receive that email and to be honest i have no idea if it's fake or not, to me that sound fake and i wanted to know if Gm/mods or maybe a other player know about that.

pwserv10.jpg

The black box are just to hide my email and name and yes my hotmail is in french (but the email is in english).

Yeah that picture looks very fake.

No one uses Hotmail any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bella not used hotmail in a very long time, but hopefully somewhere in the tools there should be a way for you to view full headers on the email. then you can check if the from address has been spoofed in any way, i.e if it does not originate from email.perfectworld.com or something along those lines I would give it a wide berth.

example of a valid pw header:

From Perfect World International Fri Jun 22 03:12:28 2012
    X-Apparently-To: [redacted] via [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:12:43 +0000
    Return-Path: <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>
    Authentication-Results: [redacted] from=perfectworld.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=perfectworld.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from mta.email.perfectworld.com ([66.231.92.195]:56464)
    by [redacted] with esmtp (Exim 4.77)
    (envelope-from <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>)
    id 1ShtMV-0006uA-18
    for [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 03:12:41 +0100
    Received: by mta.email.perfectworld.com (PowerMTA(TM) v3.5r13) id hsg6200ie1so for [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:09:28 -0600 (envelope-from <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>)
    From: "Perfect World International" <perfectworldinternational@perfectworld.com>
    To: [redacted]
    Subject: Summer Sale
    Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:12:28 -0600
    List-Unsubscribe: [redacted]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Reply-To: "Perfect World Entertainment" <reply-fe6017727d65057e7c10-1967991_HTML-1476439969-219935-60@email.perfectworld.com>

Also where does the survery link take you? also valid pw emails tend to be addressed to teh account name you use to log in, rather than a forum display name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah that picture looks very fake.

No one uses Hotmail any more.

Well the picture is not fake it's a SS of the email i got, i still use my email on hotmail for forum/games.
    bella not used hotmail in a very long time, but hopefully somewhere in the tools there should be a way for you to view full headers on the email. then you can check if the from address has been spoofed in any way, i.e if it does not originate from email.perfectworld.com or something along those lines I would give it a wide berth.

example of a valid pw header:

From Perfect World International Fri Jun 22 03:12:28 2012
    X-Apparently-To: [redacted] via [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:12:43 +0000
    Return-Path: <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>
    Authentication-Results: [redacted] from=perfectworld.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=perfectworld.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from mta.email.perfectworld.com ([66.231.92.195]:56464)
    by [redacted] with esmtp (Exim 4.77)
    (envelope-from <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>)
    id 1ShtMV-0006uA-18
    for [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 03:12:41 +0100
    Received: by mta.email.perfectworld.com (PowerMTA(TM) v3.5r13) id hsg6200ie1so for [redacted]; Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:09:28 -0600 (envelope-from <bounce-1967991_HTML-1476439969-32811394-219935-60@bounce.email.perfectworld.com>)
    From: "Perfect World International" <perfectworldinternational@perfectworld.com>
    To: [redacted]
    Subject: Summer Sale
    Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:12:28 -0600
    List-Unsubscribe: [redacted]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Reply-To: "Perfect World Entertainment" <reply-fe6017727d65057e7c10-1967991_HTML-1476439969-219935-60@email.perfectworld.com>

Also where does the survery link take you? also valid pw emails tend to be addressed to teh account name you use to log in, rather than a forum display name.

I didn't click on it since i don't know if that email is safe or not, i'm not a pro with computer stuff so i usually don't click on stuff i'm not sure and that seem weird to me, btw i check and that come from [email]NoReply @ PerfectWorld.com[/email].

I just never heard about the fact they give 500 zen to 10 persons each month for a survey about the service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    it's quite easy to fake the address that's visible the <noreply@perfectworld.com> in fact i am allowed to do that and send mail using my domain address from my ISP mailbox.

Anyways by following this instruction you should be able to see the headers in a similar fashion as i have posted above.

To see the full email including all header lines in Windows Live Hotmail:

Open the desired email in Windows Live Hotmail.
    Click the down arrow next to Reply in the message's header area near the sender and subject.
    Pick View message source from the menu.

you should then be able to see if you can find the email.perfectworld.com address anywhere. it doesn't seem kosher to me - in over 3 years I can't recall being offered a chance at free zen for completing a pw survey via email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    oh and i checked back my mails from pw and the only survey ones i have are the ones you get when you haven't logged in in a while. In those emails PW include the survey questions they want you to answer (why are you no longer playing in this case). There is a submit button at the bottom of the email. I do not have any emails offering free zen in this manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    it's quite easy to fake the address that's visible the <noreply@perfectworld.com> in fact i am allowed to do that and send mail using my domain address from my ISP mailbox.

Anyways by following this instruction you should be able to see the headers in a similar fashion as i have posted above.

To see the full email including all header lines in Windows Live Hotmail:

Open the desired email in Windows Live Hotmail.
    Click the down arrow next to Reply in the message's header area near the sender and subject.
    Pick View message source from the menu.

you should then be able to see if you can find the email.perfectworld.com address anywhere. it doesn't seem kosher to me - in over 3 years I can't recall being offered a chance at free zen for completing a pw survey via email.

Like i said previously the only adress i can see is NoReply @ PerfectWolrd.com.
    oh and i checked back my mails from pw and the only survey ones i have are the ones you get when you haven't logged in in a while. In those emails PW include the survey questions they want you to answer (why are you no longer playing in this case). There is a submit button at the bottom of the email. I do not have any emails offering free zen in this manner.

I log everyday in game and in forum. I never received mail offering zen (in that case seem like a constest 500 zen to 10 person each month) and never heard about it it's kinda why i post here to see if someone know about it, but so far look like i'm the only one who received that, i just hope a GM/mods can maybe get info to know if it's true or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I log everyday in game and in forum. I never received mail offering zen (in that case seem like a constest 500 zen to 10 person each month) and never heard about it it's kinda why i post here to see if someone know about it, but so far look like i'm the only one who received that, i just hope a GM/mods can maybe get info to know if it's true or not.

I have never received this as an email but I do know that Perfect World has done these surveys for as long as I can remember. They claim that they enter you into the drawing but I don't know anyone who has ever actually won the drawing. Still, when they switched to the new system I asked about the ratings because I wanted to know if I'd been entered. What is the domain name in the link? For example: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com is a legitimate site. If it came from a .ru address it it's definitely a phishing site.

And again to reiterate I have been offered that exact survey numerous times for YEARS but I have can't recall every being offered that survey by email. There has always been a free zen prize.

edit: You do NOT have to click a link to know where it goes. Hover over it and and you can see where it will direct you. Here is an example. The example has been edited to remove personally identifying stuff as well as any noise/ "private communication" between PWI and I so you can see the example clearly. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/howtohoverchecklinks.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'll have to check with one of the team. Until then, as you already haven't - don't click the link in the email.

Thanks!
  • magicbear
    magicbear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bella, I got that email as well about two weeks ago.

I didn't click the link either... something just smelled wrong about it.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I have gotten those several times after submitting tickets. I filled it out a couple of times. It doesn't ask for any person information or anything, just a standard "how did we do" survey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thank all for the answers, like i said it's the fact they offer 500 zens (to 10 persons each month) for the survey that make me think it's weird and the fact i never heard about it.

I usually don't really check my emails and just check when i'm suppose to receive a email i need, so that one kinda surprise me. (Plus i received it a 13th friday... b:shocked)

Normally people complain on forum that the ticket do nothing, if that thing is true well i guess they want some people feedback. (I think some people will be happy to give free feedback b:chuckle)

Thx Venu, when i check that say ''support @ perfectworld.com/ ...'' so make me feel it's not fake and from what annalyse say it's not a fake thing, so i guess i'll just check Shelly info than that's gonna be fine i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm not usually one to care to respond to these threads, but a tip for ya. Anything that comes from PWI will have a graphical representation to it.

Basically it'll look something like:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2122/showing.png

Items boxed out are username they used to send to me (which is your log-in name, not your forum shown name), my personal email and the redeem code for the bonus zen that was the target of the email.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well if you check the SS that doesn't look like at all like the thing they send sometime for summer sell or the code for bonus zen.

They didn't use my log-in name of forum or game.

I could have just delete it, but i'm curious and wanna know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Not all emails from them have imagary on them I have had few emails like that and has been after I have had a ticket sorted
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    best way to check is google map that location on the bottom, and see if your in a perfect world or anything close xD
  • pennywise29
    pennywise29 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's a scam to get your account info. I don't have to check with anyone to know it.

If PWI had a legit offer like that, they would have announced it on their web site: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

Simple as that.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's a scam to get your account info. I don't have to check with anyone to know it.

If PWI had a legit offer like that, they would have announced it on their web site: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

Simple as that.

It's really not that simple. Why would they have announced a zen survey reward on their website for rating your customer service experience about specific tickets? To encourage everyone to mass spam tickets so they can get a shot at the survey? They have those same kinds of surveys on taco bell receipts, but not on taco bell's website for example. If you haven't had a customer service experience recently, you have nothing to rate. So anything you say is only vague generalities and isn't helpful for figuring out how they are doing with a sample of specific customers. They have been doing these surveys for years and it hasn't ever been on the front page. But I've never received one as an email. When she hovered over the link it taking her to support.perfectworld.com which lends to it's credibility; since pwi owns the domain name perfectworld.com. But as I've never received an email about it, even though I've taken that survey specifically for the chance to win zen several times, I can't say for certain.

@Bella

Now that you've hovered over the link and seen the support.perfectworld.com website is the domain name, I'm about 90% certain that it's legit. But I could definitely be wrong and it's not worth the risk. So just don't click the link. XD I wouldn't delete it either though, they might come and say it's legit on Monday. And then you get entered for a chance to win free zen. \O/

@People

Has anyone who submitted a ticket and rated their customer service experience for the chance to win the zen ever actually won any? Or knows anyone who has? I've submitted tickets about things and entered (on their website, never by email) but to this day I haven't won and have never heard of anyone who has.

edit:

For anyone that doesn't know what I mean by the surveys. If you submit a ticket about something, they'll include an automatic reply at the bottom of a lot of their tickets encouraging you to take a survey to get zen. Like the one from this ticket. Note: I've removed all my information, GM staff information, and "private correspondence" from this screenshot of a resolved ticket so that only the autotext at the end remains since it pertains to this thread. But like I said, this was always through their website not from an email. So yea they do these generic satisfaction surveys. No they don't encourage people to spam the ticket system with nonsense just to get an entry by spamming information by advertisement on the front page.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/ZenSurveys.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Venu: i didn't deleted it, i still wait for Shelly when she will have more info (or Frankie), i know its weekend and that can take til monday, but for 500 zens i can wait few days. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    To be safe, don't click the link for now. I'll update you guys on Monday when I can get an answer from the CS team.

b:victory
  • monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I just checked with the CS team and it is indeed a legitimate offer. Please keep in mind that we will never ask for your login/private information, so don't ever provide it if asked.

And good luck!

edited July 2012
    Options
    I just checked with the CS team and it is indeed a legitimate offer. Please keep in mind that we will never ask for your login/private information, so don't ever provide it if asked.

And good luck!

Thank a lot ♥
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Options

And good luck!

Good to know. Wasn't sure if you guys did these by email. Has anyone ever actually won one of these. I still haven't seen one person win in years..... Good Luck on the prize Bella.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Good to know. Wasn't sure if you guys did these by email. Has anyone ever actually won one of these. I still haven't seen one person win in years..... Good Luck on the prize Bella.

Thank i'll let you know :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]