Quest Lag

Options
praxisvalen
praxisvalen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So auto-complete quests like illusion stone teleports or summoning a vile boss in warsong are taking ages to finish from the time they're begun. It's been going on with quite a few people on RT for well over a week. Are other servers having this issue or?
Post edited by praxisvalen on

Comments

• Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    and my avatar changed on its own o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think so... During 2x I had problems to summon some things inside of some instances.

Yesterday, doing my 100+ culti, I couldn't get out of the cube part (twice) even when the timer stopped. I had to buy items from the event boutique to teleport outside and relog to get the next quest. It was pretty annoying...
  • praxisvalen
    praxisvalen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    At best, I've had 30-60 second lag times on quests in the past week; at worst, it takes a relog to complete something as basic as getting a rally stone upon entering Nirvana. I'm not the only one x.x still wondering if its localized to RT.
  • Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ...And I give up on my avatar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's not a server issue, it's a delay in the packets getting to your system.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Also, post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this **** happens to me all the time, it calms down after about a week but normally starts when i run cube on multiple toons in one day, its nots that big a deal unless im porting from room to room in vana, or starting a quest for a squad or turning on trials causing massive delays for all involved
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Can you really say it's not a server issue when its wide spread (a large number of people on RT having the problem and other's here on the forum) and people are not experiencing lag in other things, but a consistant 30-60 sec lag on quests? My chat doesn't lag, my skills don't lag, I'm not rubberbanding, I have a ping in the green yet I have a issue with quests everytime.

Very true it is a packet issue but different types packets don't really pick and chose how they get to you, they all just flow through the same connection and your client decodes them. So one type of packet not being sent/recieved correctly and is affecting large numbers of people for a prolonged amount of time there are really just 3 possiblities (of the 4 for lag 4th being the most common something strictly on your end) A server problem, A problem with the last update, or a internet hub problem. I personally discount the hub problem because the problem is happening to people world wide and has been going on for several weeks so it makes it less likely, but still in the realm of possibility just highly unlikely.

So 2 of the 3 possiblities are PWI's responsibility and the 3rd is highly unlikely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Can you really say it's not a server issue when its wide spread (a large number of people on RT having the problem and other's here on the forum) and people are not experiencing lag in other things, but a consistant 30-60 sec lag on quests? My chat doesn't lag, my skills don't lag, I'm not rubberbanding, I have a ping in the green yet I have a issue with quests everytime.

Very true it is a packet issue but different types packets don't really pick and chose how they get to you, they all just flow through the same connection and your client decodes them. So one type of packet not being sent/recieved correctly and is affecting large numbers of people for a prolonged amount of time there are really just 3 possiblities (of the 4 for lag 4th being the most common something strictly on your end) A server problem, A problem with the last update, or a internet hub problem. I personally discount the hub problem because the problem is happening to people world wide and has been going on for several weeks so it makes it less likely, but still in the realm of possibility just highly unlikely.

So 2 of the 3 possiblities are PWI's responsibility and the 3rd is highly unlikely.
    You can't discount the hub problem until you have actually done a traceroute. If it's happening to larger regions, it is most likely a hub closer to the server

It could also be an issue locally with security software interfering with the client. Hell you might even just need to verify the files a couple of times.

How can you honestly state world-wide, when you are taking a sample of a few people when tens of thousands are likely playing without any issues at all.

And once again, we have another "winner" who continues to blatantly blame the game servers without providing any actual supportive details or information to troubleshoot their issue.

I went, I logged in and played, I've got a ping ranging from the 170's to the 400's, and absolutely no delays whatsoever, quests or otherwise. If it were an issue on the server, it would affect everyone, not just a few.
    Common sense says that it's not the server, or anything on PWE's end, and until you post supportive data on your system, network, troubleshooting steps you've taken, and a traceroute taken at the time you're having the issue, anything you say blaming the servers is just ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I live with my bf and we both using the same connection, we both play PWI, only difference is we have each other our own computer, while he crash all the time or lag, i don't crash or have problems, so before blame PWI people should maybe think that the problem is their computer and not the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • lemurlord
    lemurlord Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I went, I logged in and played, I've got a ping ranging from the 170's to the 400's, and absolutely no delays whatsoever, quests or otherwise. If it were an issue on the server, it would affect everyone, not just a few.
    Common sense says that it's not the server, or anything on PWE's end, and until you post supportive data on your system, network, troubleshooting steps you've taken, and a traceroute taken at the time you're having the issue, anything you say blaming the servers is just ****.

Your lvl 1/2 customer service skills are tantalizing.. The forum issues experienced lately are happening to some, but not all. Are those local issues then because the issues should be experienced by all who connect to the forum database server?

I've run the cube hundreds of times, yet in the last couple days the rm 14 teleporters have not spawned after a kill. Maybe that's happening to e1, but I highly doubt it. "common sense" suggests there might be an issue on PWI's end at play, with some variables of course. But the onus is on PWIs end to help fix them, rather than this "post a traceroute. blaming the servers is ****" bs
  • cadelury
    cadelury Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Me and 2 others in cube today 100 sec stand all 3 had timer at 0 for over 1 min b4 we had to force log to get dice. Having run cube 100s of times and not until the last week has this ever happened now it happens everytime. b:angry
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Obviously you haven't been paying much attention.

There have been plenty of server side issues for the last several months, including a lot of global disconnects. :P
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
    edited July 2012
    Options
    cadelury wrote: »
    Me and 2 others in cube today 100 sec stand all 3 had timer at 0 for over 1 min b4 we had to force log to get dice. Having run cube 100s of times and not until the last week has this ever happened now it happens everytime. b:angry
    This is a known bug that appeared a while ago. It has nothing to do with lag, disconnects, or anything related to that.
    Obviously you haven't been paying much attention.

There have been plenty of server side issues for the last several months, including a lot of global disconnects. :P
    You apparently haven't been watching the weather or keeping tabs on the server hubs that have been getting overloaded lately as a result. With the exception of one server falling over for a few minutes a couple of days ago, I have not been able to trace any issues to the servers themselves.

Of course, so far no one has bothered to post a traceroute from when they are having the issue, or any other associated data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    idk if this is relevant but...

a loooooooooooooooooong looooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago...

the playerbase was annoyed by delayed and broken autoquests...
    some might have even died from the delayed action...
    it was getting worse the longer the client was running...
    they shouted out for the pwstaff to save them...

at that time a group of brave devs faced pwis evil source code...
    idk how many of them died during this hopeless fight...
    but in the end they could get it fixed...

now after countless patches and a few expansions it seems pwis evil source code is back...
    and most likely it is trying to get revenge on the players!

b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss