Moneey Saving Guide ( request )

Options
Legendine - Lost City
Legendine - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Cash Shop Huddle
Uh hi, so uh recently, I purchased 5 , 000 zen, and this aint the first time i purchased zen, but whenever i buy zen, then next day its all gone because i spend sooo much. Too much of what i think is neccessary, so what im currently asking is for a list, guide, something that talk about money saving, priorities like

1. blah blah blah

2. x y and z

etc.

Something that would help me with handling moneyy.

Thanksss :) b:victory
Post edited by Legendine - Lost City on

Comments

• hinexia
    hinexia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think that your problem is that you are buying impulsively and not conserving. The best guide that I can personally give is simple.

1) The most important purchase is obvious flyer/mount. Now I would only get one or the other but its all about personal preffrence. Some go with mount for speed, I go with a flyer so if I go away for a second I don't have to worry about death as much. Again up to you but make sure you spend wisely, look at speed and price. Don't worry so much about looks. Its about what gets the job done.

2) Avoid fashion, its not worth the money. Temporary ones are free after level 60 armor starts looking better. Its really not worth it until after you get to a point you know a toon is taken care of. Best to spend on items that will make you coin for skills or boost much needed spirit for skills.

3) upgrades for weapons or just any item to give you an edge can make such a huge difference. However make sure what you upgrade will last you. So wait until 50/60 to do that anythi.g sooner and you'll just be wasting upgrades.

4) Last important purchase auction skill books. Trust me paying 1g is wirth the it ti buy most skill books for your demon/sage skill upgrades. You'll save time in thr cube by watching out for skills you need and grabbing them when you can. Hope this helps good luck.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hmm, here's some tips I use. <_< I'm going to assume you're playing mostly on a pvp server, rather than just posting from one.

1. Go for fliers first. For some reason (at least on sanc), riding mounts are all rather cheap and you can save up for those by just grinding/merchanting for free. Fliers are all more expensive if bought from a cat shop, plus you're on a pvp server and a fast flier could save your life, much better than a riding mount probably could.

2. I agree, try to avoid cash shop fashion unless it's on a really cheap sale. If you grind DQ (it gets easier later since the items sell for more coin/DQ points) then you can eventually purchase an event gold card, which is basically free gold. You can use that to buy fash in the event part of the boutique, and it saves your real gold for more important things.

I know a lot of people that have actually maxed their credit cards on fash. <_< They ultimately regret it, trust me. I did splurge once, but I only have that one outfit and its become my iconic apearance.

3. You might want to invest in buying rank badges, since you're on a pvp server. Most of the people you're going to be up against will usually be rank 8 or better.

5. Wait for sales. Often times, really really good sales (like pet cage sales, account stash stone sales, charm sales, etc.) come up and it's best to buy things then, rather than off sale. It'll help you save your gold in the long run.

4. Try to resist temptation. If need be, sell your gold outright through the auctioneer and stick the coin in your bank where you're less likely to see it unless you really really need it. You can always buy your gold back when it's cheaper if you need it, and look! You made money instead of spent it. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • crazy001
    crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    stop buying zen is another way of saving money if we dont buy maybe they will drop ther prices. it not you can allwas buy a new car with the money you save.
    Uh hi, so uh recently, I purchased 5 , 000 zen, and this aint the first time i purchased zen, but whenever i buy zen, then next day its all gone because i spend sooo much. Too much of what i think is neccessary, so what im currently asking is for a list, guide, something that talk about money saving, priorities like

1. blah blah blah

2. x y and z

etc.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

1. blah blah blah

2. x y and z

etc.

what in the **** are you buying first of all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah, charge less in the first place.

Also, the most important items to spend money on are bank and inventory expansions [if you ask me].

Oh, and if you like fashion, go ahead and buy it. You like it, so why not? The goal is not to create a high level endgame geared character. The goal is to have fun.
    If you think flashing around in your most smexy fashion is fun, then go for it.