PK for mystics

Options
theheck0
theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Mystic
Can we start a discussion on PK for mystics share your combos and post some vids or screenies please I'm done wiith PVE and supporting clerics and I can solo heal and blah blah blah blah....
Post edited by theheck0 on

Comments

• uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If your attacking Archers then Holy Path right up to them and Occult Ice. If you got demon Gale Force your almost definitely gonna freeze/immobilize for 5 seconds. Which is a great substitute for Gale Force. Then Thicket. If living do another gale force or occult ice or use devil stun. Mistress leech and spark NV for death ;) This might be if your ambushing Archers. You probably won't get to ambush a sin. But you will know how to counter one. For barbs and bms just attack from a distance and knockback. Seekers..attack from a distance too but watch them carefully and time fortify right incase they try to stun you. Use salvation shield if you see Gemini animation.

If your ambushing another arcane then work out a stun/freeze lock and do Natures Vengeance/Absorb Soul combo and/or thicket should suffice. Or just try to do NV and Absorb Soul as your first 2 moves out of the blue for massive damage.

Being attacked is another story. Archers for example are huge pain for arcanes. Use occult ice or AD to block while you heal yourself really quick then try to summon salvation to leech her. Holy Path right up to the Archer and Gale Force. Then thicket and NV for rush kill :) salvation shield is just for protection from any claws or fists the archer might pull out if an arcane gets too close lol

BM's would be quite easy. If you see one running up to you then knockback to keep distance deal damage and disript skills. Knockback and NV and also try to time gale force too and run back a little while BM is frozen. If BM isn't dead by now then thicket will do it.

Barbs are same thing but will take longer. For both BMs and Barbs make sure you can time fortify right and your knockback/gale force so they can't stun you. If you cant move their Hp much take off and retreat.

Veno's you probably won't see but if you do..summon devil. Holy Path around there pet then Gale Force. Charge up your NV/Absorb Soul and Stun them with your devil while its chaneling. Also remember to use Petals on yourself because Veno pet will likely be attacking you by this time. Ignore the pet.

Sins...summon salvation real quick then leech it. Once Sin pops up they will try to stun/aps you but can't kill you because of antistun and hp shield. Gale Force . Then thicket. Dead sin. If alive spark NV during the last seconds of thicket. Pretty much nuke away once you have caught them.

Wizards will probably try to 1 shot you if their attacking you so learn to time skills like Soul of Fire or the water one. Once you see them trying to cast certain skills you will know what to use Your best bet is to try to heal yourself through the damage while you get close enough for a killer stun/freeze/sleep lock. If closeby at first then knockback to disrupt and then holy path up to them and gale force. The NV once or twice then. Thicket. Devil or salvation are also useful pets to have out in this one and Demon Petals on yourself is important to always keep on.

Getting attacked by a cleric is unlikely but whenever they do their probably gonna try Tempest or Wield Thunder. If you see a cleric about to cast it then time Heart Of Steel to block it and Holy Path right up to them and them and gale force. Then thicket. NV a little if not dead. Or they might try to sleep you with that seal of theirs. Its a slow channel so if you see them casting it prepare to block it with the sleep immunity skill I forget the name :p

Psychics are tricky and if their attacking you then you might wanna heal yourself and get out of there. Their buffs will make them so hard to approach. If you were to try though then heal yourself through the damage and get closer. Try to work in a stun/freezelock starting with Occult Ice as an opening then Gale Force. Always keep petals on yourself and he cautious of just what buffs are on that Psychic because of the damage you could take for hitting him. Absorb Soul is your friend here. Plants also really **** Psychics up. Spidervine or Creeper.

Seekers definitely treat them like BMs but your gonna need to time a Fortify right. Gemini Slash is a slow channel too so if you see them channeling it use salvation's shield to brace yourself for it then holy path up to them and Gale Force. NV and then Thicket. Spark Gale Force and NV Absorb Soul. Dead.

Mystic attacking another Mystic is odd too but if another mystic is attacking you chances are their gonna trying to kill you with devil stun and NV/Absorb Soul. Use petals on yourself then kill the devil. Holy path up to them and Gale Force. Then do your NV/Absorb Soul. If the other mystic goes unfrozen use Occult Ice while your finish is charging. Lol

Also metal hits mystics for more than your skills so take advantage of Mistress' first skill to deal some good damage also.

White Tea is very useful for getting instant sparks and Chi to knockback gale force thicket and leech.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Don't get occult ice on a ranged class. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Let the thread die slowly b:cry
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If your attacking someone then Holy Path right up to them

...no
  • Opto - Dreamweaver
    Opto - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i usually kite until i have full chi and then this is my combo
    Lyse Listless Blossom for a 13 second sleep.
    Take out Storm Mistress
    Energy Leech
    Cloud Eruption
    Demon/Sage Spark
    Rapid Growth
    Bring out Devil
    Natures Vengeance
    Once natures vengeance is about to hit. Send devil to stun IMMEDIATELY (It usually gives them no time to apoth or anti stun when done correctly.)
    Absorb soul
    Thats my basic combo. If it doesnt KO i follow up with Bramble tornado and if they get close Gale force.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Also metal hits mystics hard so take advantage of Mistress' first skill to deal some good damage also.

I really laughed on this one b:laugh Seriously, where do you get this from ? It's not because we use wood skills that we are weaker to metal than any other element, c'mon we aren't wood type mobs xD Ofc, it will hit a bit harder than wood or water cause we have Verdant Shell which gives us higher wood and water resistances, but metal is just gonna hit as much as fire or earth would, ijs...
  • Opto - Dreamweaver
    Opto - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I really laughed on this one b:laugh Seriously, where do you get this from ? It's not because we use wood skills that we are weaker to metal than any other element, c'mon we aren't wood type mobs xD Ofc, it will hit a bit harder than wood or water cause we have Verdant Shell which gives us higher wood and water resistances, but metal is just gonna hit as much as fire or earth would, ijs...

Please Read the whole thing before you judge him. He is talking about mystic vs mystic combat. Since the other mystic would have Verdant shell. He is saying your Metal skill on your Mistress will deal more damage than your Wood skills on ANOTHER mystic.

readb4uhate

thinkb4uspeak

Madrith out

b:bye
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Please Read the whole thing before you judge him. He is talking about mystic vs mystic combat. Since the other mystic would have Verdant shell. He is saying your Metal skill on your Mistress will deal more damage than your Wood skills on ANOTHER mystic.

readb4uhate

thinkb4uspeak

Madrith out

b:bye

It's not like he said use metal because it hits harder than our wood skills, he said because it hits mystics specifically really hard. If it were the case you're saying it is then he may as well said to use devil instead.

Edit: I'll post some of my own experiences and opinions tomorrow when I'm not on my phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options

Don't think you fully understood what I was saying but I should've said it clearer lol
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ...no

To OP: Now that I think about it yeah on a HA class that is foolish. In a duel they will obviously see you coming where getting closer would be bad. I change my mind on that. Spark NV and knockback the HA. Demon Gale Force then run back a little. Or you can try a trap by summoning listless and knocking the HA back just to run into it. If you can time it right.. you can Lyse it just as the HA is walking into Listless' as possibly sleep the character for a long time. Then blast away :)

This is not advisable when ambushing Seekers or Pole BMs obviously.
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options

Why so? :o
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:laugh

Why? :o

Oh yeah Occult Ice isn't very reliable. Useful for a genie skill but not very reliable.Better to use after Freeze from gale force is done for a possible extended freeze time
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:laugh

Why? :o

Oh yeah Occult Ice isn't very reliable. Useful for a genie skill but not very reliable.Better to use after Freeze from gale force is done for a possible extended freeze time

Because with the abundance of sins and bms on pwi you'd have to be crazy to PvP with a non dex genie as an AA class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    *bumps* pro PvPers come here b:angry Dont turn this into a discussion on occult ice, no don't get it you're arcane. Now where are your experiences voItaire >.>
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i usually kite until i have full chi and then this is my combo
    Lyse Listless Blossom for a 13 second sleep.
    Take out Storm Mistress
    Energy Leech
    Cloud Eruption
    Demon/Sage Spark
    Rapid Growth
    Bring out Devil
    Natures Vengeance
    Once natures vengeance is about to hit. Send devil to stun IMMEDIATELY (It usually gives them no time to apoth or anti stun when done correctly.)
    Absorb soul
    Thats my basic combo. If it doesnt KO i follow up with Bramble tornado and if they get close Gale force.

I use listless a lot, but I hate it when I summon it and it just sleeps the char with the non-lyzed sleeps and when you lyze the plant while that sleep is on you take the first sleep out and get no sleep from lyzing q.q. I mean you overwrite it.
  • madrith
    madrith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    theheck0 wrote: »
    I use listless a lot, but I hate it when I summon it and it just sleeps the char with the non-lyzed sleeps and when you lyze the plant while that sleep is on you take the first sleep out and get no sleep from lyzing q.q. I mean you overwrite it.

That shouldn't be happenning unless your slow. The listless blossom gives you enough time before it triggers its first regular sleep so you can Lyse it for the lysed sleep.
    Example: I send out listless and if I wait and then try to lyse. Chances are the plant already has a sleep affect on them. If so, wait till u see it go down and lyse.

What SHOULD happen: Send out listless blossom and then click lyse while it is still casting. This sends Lyse to be your next skill to be channelled. Therefore right once listless is done casting. It will automatically start casting lyse for you. promlem solved. b:bye
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    madrith wrote: »
    That shouldn't be happenning unless your slow. The listless blossom gives you enough time before it triggers its first regular sleep so you can Lyse it for the lysed sleep.
    Example: I send out listless and if I wait and then try to lyse. Chances are the plant already has a sleep affect on them. If so, wait till u see it go down and lyse.

What SHOULD happen: Send out listless blossom and then click lyse while it is still casting. This sends Lyse to be your next skill to be channelled. Therefore right once listless is done casting. It will automatically start casting lyse for you. promlem solved. b:bye

Ty. I will start doing that when Im the one attacking first. Its just that sometimes Im being attacked, and out of desperation to stop them I try to sleep them with listless, and right after I summon it I have to heal myself because Im about to die, and there comes my problem because Im not paying attention to the opponent who is asleep by the regular sleep but to my HP bar...b:surrender.

But ty anyway I will start doing that when Im the one opening the fight. Overcasting buffs and debuffs is something that should be fixed in pwi. b:angry
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    MEANIES YOU ARE MEANIE MYSTICS b:angry

I bet that if some random mystic posts about a cleric dont lettin her heal or how she solo healed a BH there would be like 9000000 pages on that thread. Stupid PVE >.>

BUMPS
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    madrith wrote: »

Ive sort of made it a rule to get at least 1 hit, like a Swirling Mist, on my target after casting a plant - to make sure the plant is on my target - before I lysing.

Im going to try this out with Listless next time I use it. b:thanks
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    TW video's of a newb mystic b:surrender

http://www.youtube.com/user/RetsukoChannel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • theheck0
    edited July 2012
    Options
    MOAR MOAR vids b:dirty
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If i have time to prepare, i usually use energy leech on salvation - or sometimes mistress -
    if not i use devil stun as an opener + NV until they move
    and theeeen
    bm/sin/barb/seeker
    - knockback even if theyre not to near (they usually are so suprised that they need some secs to get what just happened)
    -THICKET =)
    - NV until theyre dead - doenst take too long lol
    Pretty boring combo

Mystic/Cleric
    - Devil stun
    -Thicket
    -Absorb soul

This are combos every idiot can use and i was surprised that they do work that good.
    Its not very funny, though ...
    Ive never fight Psychic or Wiz so i dont know about pking with them.
    I usually fail at archers - especially when they start the fight ...
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • risingblood
    risingblood Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I guess I can share some of my pvp experience for my fellow mystics...

DEFENSIVE

- Always ALWAYS have your salvation out when your pvping, even if you're not engaged into a fight. This allows you to absorb the first 1-2 hits with Salvation's sheild.
    - When attacked: Absorbing salvation for anti-stun, then use the 6 second time to summon the chih-yu mob to stun.

OFFENSIVE

HERE'S A GREAT SECRET THAT MOST MYSTICS DO NOT KNOW.

- Resummoning your Chiyu-mob **RESETS** the stun cooldown on your pet
    This allows you to (with skill and timing) to perma stun/hold another player

- Use this technique with other skills such as bramble tornado, thicket, gale force, sleep plant...

good luck and have fun ^_^
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I guess I can share some of my pvp experience for my fellow mystics...

DEFENSIVE

- Always ALWAYS have your salvation out when your pvping, even if you're not engaged into a fight. This allows you to absorb the first 1-2 hits with Salvation's sheild.
    - When attacked: Absorbing salvation for anti-stun, then use the 6 second time to summon the chih-yu mob to stun.

OFFENSIVE

- Use this technique with other skills such as bramble tornado, thicket, gale force, sleep plant...

Didn't know that, but anyone smart can break that easily by using a genie skill like Fortify. But then i guess if they dont get stunned by Devil, they will get frozen by Gale Force :)
  • Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver
    Mika_Magic - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

OFFENSIVE

b:nosebleed
  • risingblood
    risingblood Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Didn't know that, but anyone smart can break that easily by using a genie skill like Fortify. But then i guess if they dont get stunned by Devil, they will get frozen by Gale Force :)

Apologize for the late reply.

1) You cannot "break" out of a stun with Fortify. Skills such as Badge of Courage can.

2) Genie skills have a long cooldown and takes time to regenerate.

3) The CD to resummon Devil Chiyu is 8 seconds. Stun lasts for 5 seconds.

4) Even if they use a genie skill to break out of a stun, using bramble tornado by pushing them away will give you time to resummon your mob and keep them contained.

5) Chiyu's stun is faster than someone channeling a gale force.