What does it take to count, to be a factor?

Watter - Lost City
Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Wizard
I stopped at Lv75 in Lost City. Wizzie btw (duh)
According to what I've been experiencing through all the games I played since I quit PWI 3 years ago, my main concern is what does it take to be a factor. And that's what I want to know in order to do or do not come back...
And by "factor", I mean be able to do something... In PVE, PVP and Money-making.

So, as a wizard, what does it take to be a factor in PVP? Both PK and TW, how much refining do we need? And how hard is it to get that refining?

And in PVE? Wizards are most required in which instances? In which we are not useful or not seeked at all?

This one relates a bit with PVE/instancing... Is it possible to make good money with a wizard? And I mean not a Lv100 with sets and refines, I mean a Lv75 and leveling :p

And also, how's the leveling here in PWI? Do we still have (or ever had, I don't know) that part of the Frost instance in which we powerlevel with head-shapped squishy monsters that give lots of exp?

I really appreciate the attention (:
Post edited by Watter - Lost City on

Comments

• EIijah - Lost City
    EIijah - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you're not r9+10 at the least, you probably aren't going to be a factor in anything
    skill is important, but much less so than gear.
    even the worst players with full r9+12 josd 2x or 3x recast, whatever they're up to now, will steamroll a lesser-geared skilled player

and no, wizards can't make fortunes farming. lol. either merch or make an alt, that's about it if you don't want to charge
    wizard pvp videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
  • TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't forget the attitude, its important to be a "you're not in my guild so i hate you all just because" type of person as well as being in a guild with like-minded people. when you have those 2 things, then you too can be a factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    r8 +10 minimum.
    should be aiming for g16 nv wep.

wizard is a coinsink not much of a money maker.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I stopped at Lv75 in Lost City. Wizzie btw (duh)
    According to what I've been experiencing through all the games I played since I quit PWI 3 years ago, my main concern is what does it take to be a factor. And that's what I want to know in order to do or do not come back...
    And by "factor", I mean be able to do something... In PVE, PVP and Money-making.

So, as a wizard, what does it take to be a factor in PVP? Both PK and TW, how much refining do we need? And how hard is it to get that refining?

And in PVE? Wizards are most required in which instances? In which we are not useful or not seeked at all?

This one relates a bit with PVE/instancing... Is it possible to make good money with a wizard? And I mean not a Lv100 with sets and refines, I mean a Lv75 and leveling :p

And also, how's the leveling here in PWI? Do we still have (or ever had, I don't know) that part of the Frost instance in which we powerlevel with head-shapped squishy monsters that give lots of exp?

I really appreciate the attention (:
    So. In pk u can help and be a factor just by having a good squad and by using ur disablers on op ppl like ms or sow, blinding blaza or sleep.

Do ur moves under ig and run after if u wanna live.

In tw you can do alot with control spells like ms, hailstorm, blinding blaze, elemental invokation, seal, sleep, debuff and ur elem shell on cata barbs or op ppl.
    Expose urself just under ad or ig so their r9 wont matter. Playing smart is amazingly hard todo
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • slegt
    slegt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't forget the attitude, its important to be a "you're not in my guild so i hate you all just because" type of person as well as being in a guild with like-minded people. when you have those 2 things, then you too can be a factor.
    This, maybe only this, even.

I know of a "factor" person who isnt nice to people. Thats his/her choice. But its starting to bite back at him/her. Im not the only one who thinks this btw.

Im not gonna post any names, but i think there will be a moment where that person can only find help from direct friends or factionmates, because the rest of the server thinks he/she is a d00che.
    He/she will then probably lose his "factor" status.

Also, i put a lvl 80 sin who is spamhelping lower level players for absolutely no compensation far, far above a R9+12 "factor" person.

/imo

Grrr, i changed my avatar to my 102BM this morning, why is it changed back again? >.>
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Invest tons of cash in the game is the quickest way to become a factor. Everyone will know you as "that guy with the warsoul weapon" or "that guy with 3 rank 9 characters" or "that fail (regardless of whether you are skilled or not) cash shopper."
  • Watter - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    LOL okay, nice feedback, guys :D
    Yeah, I guess I always felt that wizard is a coinsink lol But anyways, I'm planning on putting 50 or 100 dollars to bump me from 75 to 9x already...
    And keep in mind that I don't play for 3 years, I'm not used anymore to abbreviations XD like...
    What's AD and IG? And "josd 2x or 3x recast"? lol I'm such a newbie ._.'
    And, erm... What's the cost of refining? PWE has a fame of being a d00che when it comes to refining in its games... I never even needed refining here in PWI, I'm 75 :p But in JD you rely on the CS items... In FW, it's the same thing, or you buy the 100 star crystal pack or gtfo...
    Making a weapon +10 is costy? I mean, is it 100 dollars costy or your house costy? hehe
  • baneof1000ad
    baneof1000ad Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AD is genie skill Absolute Domain makes you immune to all damage
    IG = ironguard is appoth item makes immune to all damage
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Join a good faction.
    Refining is cheap if you use your brains.

+10 weapon is fairly cheap. +1-7 can be done with about 15M worth of refining aids (I suggest picking some up on the next sale)
    +8-10, I recommend getting +10 orbs which are 25 gold each
    Which totals to about 90 gold ish ($90)

You wont have to spend a dime on this game if you have a good head
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Watter - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    Join a good faction.
    Refining is cheap if you use your brains.

+10 weapon is fairly cheap. +1-7 can be done with about 15M worth of refining aids (I suggest picking some up on the next sale)
    +8-10, I recommend getting +10 orbs which are 25 gold each
    Which totals to about 90 gold ish ($90)

You wont have to spend a dime on this game if you have a good head

Not possible to join a good faction at Lv 78, I guess... But I'll try :D
    90 dollars is quite expensive :p I'm not sure I'd spend this much so quickly... I'll put 50 dollars as soon as I can, but I'll have to waste almost half of it restating... (PWI was my first MMO... I messed up the attributes a lot b:surrender)
    But as I see from these last days I've been playing, a nice faction and good high level friends = lots of benefits :D
  • xshirayuikix
    xshirayuikix Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    I would invest that $50 and start merchin with it.
    In a few months time or sooner depending on the sales you get, you will have r8 +10 and maybe more by only spending $$ on your capital.
    by a good faction, i mean an active one,
    Active factions will help you level, easier to find squads for BH/FC .
  • Watter - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    I would invest that $50 and start merchin with it.
    In a few months time or sooner depending on the sales you get, you will have r8 +10 and maybe more by only spending $$ on your capital.
    by a good faction, i mean an active one,
    Active factions will help you level, easier to find squads for BH/FC .

Yeah, I'm already searching for a nice faction :D
    And dude... I suck at merchanting :/ I seriously do, I have some kind of cosmic block that makes me suck at it :p
    I really gotta learn it :/ I rely on spending money and grinding b:sad
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AD is genie skill Absolute Domain makes you immune to all damage
    IG = ironguard is appoth item makes immune to all damage

Ad + ig is about 17 seconds of immunity iirc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.